Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Tattoo's

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am toying with the idea of getting a sleeve done. Do other people like them o is i a bit much? I am 35 in good shape but wonder if it still look good as i grace old age? Any advice???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I like them i have plenty,like them on men also.

But some don't like them its horses for courses.

over a year ago

"I like them i have plenty,like them on men also.

But some don't like them its horses for courses."

Hello red eye

Think i am going to do it just need to find a decent design which is the hard part.

over a year ago

"I am toying with the idea of getting a sleeve done. Do other people like them o is i a bit much? I am 35 in good shape but wonder if it still look good as i grace old age? Any advice???"

over a year ago

I love the sleeve tattoos on men and women they instantly attract me to men ha ha and a good talking point

over a year ago

"I am toying with the idea of getting a sleeve done. Do other people like them o is i a bit much? I am 35 in good shape but wonder if it still look good as i grace old age? Any advice???"

why do you care what other people think?

Surely so long as you like it thats all that matters

By *ovely_and_HimselfCouple
over a year ago

North of Derby

My wife and I both have quite a few tattoos so the only thing I would say is think long and hard about your design and more importantly go to a good tattooist.you will have to pay more but it will be worth it.also go to a few tattoo conventions to see a good range of work.

over a year ago

Yeah think long and hard i have a cover up and it took me a year to finally decide what i wanted to have there.

And its taken me some time to decide and come up with my back design.

over a year ago

"I love the sleeve tattoos on men and women they instantly attract me to men ha ha and a good talking point"

over a year ago

"Yeah think long and hard i have a cover up and it took me a year to finally decide what i wanted to have there.

And its taken me some time to decide and come up with my back design."

What did you get done?

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Surely so long as you like it thats all that matters "

That's what it's all about

Wolf

over a year ago

"My wife and I both have quite a few tattoos so the only thing I would say is think long and hard about your design and more importantly go to a good tattooist.you will have to pay more but it will be worth it.also go to a few tattoo conventions to see a good range of work. "

I have been surfing the net like mad and find myself watching la ink for inspiration

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"My wife and I both have quite a few tattoos so the only thing I would say is think long and hard about your design and more importantly go to a good tattooist.you will have to pay more but it will be worth it.also go to a few tattoo conventions to see a good range of work.

I have been surfing the net like mad and find myself watching la ink for inspiration "

you can get tatt mags and books as well - worth a look in the newsagents and bookshops.

Wolf

over a year ago

We both are not keen on them, but each to their own x guess you just have to think what they will look like when your seventy or so

Lets. Be honest, it does not matter how much beautfull colour is in the

m when new, they always default to blue in time!

over a year ago

"My wife and I both have quite a few tattoos so the only thing I would say is think long and hard about your design and more importantly go to a good tattooist.you will have to pay more but it will be worth it.also go to a few tattoo conventions to see a good range of work.

I have been surfing the net like mad and find myself watching la ink for inspiration

you can get tatt mags and books as well - worth a look in the newsagents and bookshops.

Wolf

"

I have bought a few of those they are some really really good ones. But need to find a rreally good tattooist . Also if i saw one in the mag i really liked can you get the actuall design for them ?

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Wolf

I have bought a few of those they are some really really good ones. But need to find a rreally good tattooist . Also if i saw one in the mag i really liked can you get the actuall design for them ?"

If you get a good artist then he'll redraw or add or emphasise to the design to make it personalised just for you - usually at no extra cost, so yes in most cases. You can always make your own design and approach the artist to have it drawn too. We've done this a few times now.

To answer the post made a few minutes back - The inks used nowadays aren't the same as those used years ago. They have less tendency to break down or migrate. Some inks are available that will decompose easily with laser treatment if desired as well. The results are tatts that are far better lasting than ever before, and not ink from a Bic Biro.

Wolf

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I have a fair few tattoos. I don't care what people think about them, nor do I care about what they will look like when I'm old. I'll be too concerned about pissing myself then what my tats look like.

As the saying goes "So my tats will look horrid when I'm 70, remind me again of how beautiful you'll be at 70."

over a year ago

Thanks wolf. Yes think i need to ask about for a very good artist first and see examples of their work. Thanks for the advice

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"I have a fair few tattoos. I don't care what people think about them, nor do I care about what they will look like when I'm old.

"

shame your pics don't show em foxy, we love perving at inks

I know our tatts will just give the message that we had a feckin' good time of ourselves

Wolf

over a year ago

"I have a fair few tattoos. I don't care what people think about them, nor do I care about what they will look like when I'm old.

shame your pics don't show em foxy, we love perving at inks

I know our tatts will just give the message that we had a feckin' good time of ourselves

Wolf"

Me too foxy

By *exyhornycplCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

i think they can be extremley sexy, CAN be the operative word, as has been said before a cool design and a good artist is most definatley your number one crtieria.there are lots of tattoo freezes/shows around the country to give you ideas and see artists at work.

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

R's eldest son has a wonderful tat covering everything from wrist to shoulder blade, with dragons and other things, and one of his girlfriends has a similar size tat in leopard skin. They both look amazing. Took hours and cost a bomb though. Done by an expert, and well designed. Something you don't want to scrimp on, a bad one would look awful!

over a year ago

love them personally find them very horny on men i have 3 myself ... bugger it grow old disgracfully xx

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

You shouldnt have a tattoo if you worry about what other people think.

over a year ago

"You shouldnt have a tattoo if you worry about what other people think."

was asking peoples opinions of a full sleeve? I have tattoos already.

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

"You shouldnt have a tattoo if you worry about what other people think.

was asking peoples opinions of a full sleeve? I have tattoos already."

Must just be me , i never really understand why people ask about these things.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Same thing really. If you like the look of a full sleeve get one. If however, your current tattoos are ones are covered unless you choose otherwise, think carefully about a full sleeve which will be permanently on show.

over a year ago

"I have a fair few tattoos. I don't care what people think about them, nor do I care about what they will look like when I'm old. I'll be too concerned about pissing myself then what my tats look like.

As the saying goes "So my tats will look horrid when I'm 70, remind me again of how beautiful you'll be at 70.""

over a year ago

Well in general if someone sent us a picture of tattoos or unblemished skin the skin one is the one we would choose. Aren't tattoos one of those fashion things you have trouble getting rid of?

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

Well in general if someone sent us a picture of tattoos or unblemished skin the skin one is the one we would choose. Aren't tattoos one of those fashion things you have trouble getting rid of?"

Thats true, im having terrible trouble finding someone who will use my tattooed skin to cover books or for some other useful decorative purpose

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Well in general if someone sent us a picture of tattoos or unblemished skin the skin one is the one we would choose. Aren't tattoos one of those fashion things you have trouble getting rid of?"

No, tattoos are not a fashion statement for me. They are an expression of myself and my story. Ok most of them are, some I just thought looked pretty. I will never want rid of my tattoos.

over a year ago

Well in general if someone sent us a picture of tattoos or unblemished skin the skin one is the one we would choose. Aren't tattoos one of those fashion things you have trouble getting rid of?

No, tattoos are not a fashion statement for me. They are an expression of myself and my story. Ok most of them are, some I just thought looked pretty. I will never want rid of my tattoos. "

I love all mine. Every single one. I also love the reaction I get from them off other people, whether that's good or bad.

over a year ago

Well need any advice or help let me know. I am a tattoo artist

over a year ago

"Well need any advice or help let me know. I am a tattoo artist "

Do you do your own designs?

over a year ago

ofcourse

By *ittlebitWoman
over a year ago

Plymouth

Tattoos =

over a year ago

"Tattoos = "

By *exy-honey n mr honeyCouple
over a year ago

glasgow way

Tattoos r very hot gets me goin what I dont like tho is wen men have hundreds of wee tattoos they've got to b big 1s

over a year ago

There are hundreds of tattooists out there but very few who are artists, shop around, look at portfolios, talk to the artist....any tattooist who loves what they do well be more than willing to help you get something that's right just for you.

over a year ago

im getting a sleeve very soon and balls to what people think, if you like them and want one, get it done!!

what design are you looking at??? xx

over a year ago

Personally I don't like them, not on me or someone I might meet...

But as others have said. It's your body to enjoy and do as you wish

over a year ago

Your sleeve wont go over the one you already have will it? thats lovely.

over a year ago

I think tattoos on men are very sexy, always makes me wonder if they have more in places I can't see

over a year ago

Wolf

I have bought a few of those they are some really really good ones. But need to find a rreally good tattooist . Also if i saw one in the mag i really liked can you get the actuall design for them ?"

Don't take a design to another artist and get them to copy it whatever you do. Its a HUGE no no in the tattoo world and will mark you as disrespectful. The odd little one won't matter too much but if you get a big one like a full sleeve copied, you and the artist will get slaughtered by the tattoo community for it if you're found out. If you see one you like and you can find out who did it, e-mail them and ask if they would mind you using it for inspiration and having another artist alter it enough so that it becomes his or her own.

To be honest, if an artist is good enough, you should be able to talk through some ideas with him and he'll design it for you, that way you'll have your own unique, bespoke tattoo that no one else can lay claim to.

You also asked what would happen in old age? Wat'll happen is you'll look awesome with a cool, worn in full sleeve and the other old codgers will wish they'd done it years ago!

over a year ago

Wolf

I have bought a few of those they are some really really good ones. But need to find a rreally good tattooist . Also if i saw one in the mag i really liked can you get the actuall design for them ?

Don't take a design to another artist and get them to copy it whatever you do. Its a HUGE no no in the tattoo world and will mark you as disrespectful. The odd little one won't matter too much but if you get a big one like a full sleeve copied, you and the artist will get slaughtered by the tattoo community for it if you're found out. If you see one you like and you can find out who did it, e-mail them and ask if they would mind you using it for inspiration and having another artist alter it enough so that it becomes his or her own.

To be honest, if an artist is good enough, you should be able to talk through some ideas with him and he'll design it for you, that way you'll have your own unique, bespoke tattoo that no one else can lay claim to.

You also asked what would happen in old age? Wat'll happen is you'll look awesome with a cool, worn in full sleeve and the other old codgers will wish they'd done it years ago!"

Well said

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Don't take a design to another artist and get them to copy it whatever you do. Its a HUGE no no in the tattoo world and will mark you as disrespectful. The odd little one won't matter too much but if you get a big one like a full sleeve copied, you and the artist will get slaughtered by the tattoo community for it if you're found out."

Can't see how that can be to be honest when so many studios carry artwork produced by others and offered in browsers and other displays placed about the studios. Surely there's many copies about - tribal and koi stuff is probably the IKEA of tattoos.

As for being blasted by the community. It's your skin, your choice, your investment... if someone doesn't like what you have then fuck em!

Wolf

over a year ago

"

Don't take a design to another artist and get them to copy it whatever you do. Its a HUGE no no in the tattoo world and will mark you as disrespectful. The odd little one won't matter too much but if you get a big one like a full sleeve copied, you and the artist will get slaughtered by the tattoo community for it if you're found out.

Can't see how that can be to be honest when so many studios carry artwork produced by others and offered in browsers and other displays placed about the studios. Surely there's many copies about - tribal and koi stuff is probably the IKEA of tattoos.

As for being blasted by the community. It's your skin, your choice, your investment... if someone doesn't like what you have then fuck em!

Wolf

"

Decent tattooists dont want to put their name to other peoples work, i guess its all about reputation and not wanting to been seen as not being origional

I have a half finished sleeve, sadly my tattooist had cancer and passed away before it was finished, nobody thats any good round here will touch it with a barge pole as good tattooist wont touch/correct/finish other peoples work so it will stay unfinished

its not a case of they cant copy other peoples designs or finish other peoples work its more a case that if they have built a name for themselves as being good they want to keep that name from their own merit and not by other peoples work

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Don't take a design to another artist and get them to copy it whatever you do. Its a HUGE no no in the tattoo world and will mark you as disrespectful. The odd little one won't matter too much but if you get a big one like a full sleeve copied, you and the artist will get slaughtered by the tattoo community for it if you're found out.

Wolf

Decent tattooists dont want to put their name to other peoples work, i guess its all about reputation and not wanting to been seen as not being origional

I have a half finished sleeve, sadly my tattooist had cancer and passed away before it was finished, nobody thats any good round here will touch it with a barge pole as good tattooist wont touch/correct/finish other peoples work so it will stay unfinished

its not a case of they cant copy other peoples designs or finish other peoples work its more a case that if they have built a name for themselves as being good they want to keep that name from their own merit and not by other peoples work"

Our local Artist spends most of his time putting other so-called 'artists' work right for his customers - so far from another person's work being untouchable he can also work with the original design (like any good restorer) and augment the work in the same style if neccessary. He also takes a design and redraws it with his own touch and with the input of the customer to produce something quite unique.

Again, you get what you pay for.

Wolf

By *aidbackcplMan
over a year ago

blackpool

i didnt get my first tattoo till i was 50 and am addicted now lol .

last yr had a full back tattoo done !!

my tattooist does loads of cover ups and always has satisfied customers

over a year ago

"

Wolf

its not a case of they cant copy other peoples designs or finish other peoples work its more a case that if they have built a name for themselves as being good they want to keep that name from their own merit and not by other peoples work"

I agree with naughty, I would never finish off or copy someone elses work.

over a year ago

What things should you look for then, to know if you have walked into a decent tattoo artists place or someone who is no good.

over a year ago

"What things should you look for then, to know if you have walked into a decent tattoo artists place or someone who is no good.

"

A cheap tattoo is a bad tattoo.

over a year ago

over a year ago

They are such a massive turn on, tattoos, get it done, I've got five but want more, I love the feeling of ink on skin x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/02/13 00:17:12]

over a year ago

There ok now but imagine when your old and if you have grand kids and the questions ..... What's that why's did you get that one , what does that mean blah de blah

over a year ago

Tatoo's aint for me but they can look great on a woman!!

over a year ago

Like others, I think they look great and very arousing...

But, like all things, I guess it depends on the quality and the person the ink's on!

I've not got any myself - largely because of that "what will it look like when I'm 60" question - just not brave enough!!

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"What things should you look for then, to know if you have walked into a decent tattoo artists place or someone who is no good.

"

I always go on recommendations first. Then I'll go chat to the tattooist. If all there is in the studio is Flash designs on the wall, and no pictures of their actual work, then I'll walk straight back out. I don't want the same design as everyone else, I want originality.

But the chat is the most important bit. When I first moved to Southend, I went and chatted to a guy, his work was excellent, he had loads of pictures, and I watched him work. But we just didn't gel together. I told him what I wanted, he told me that I didn't want that, I wanted something else. So I went elsewhere.

Met the guy that does my work now, he advised me that what I wanted wouldn't work, and spent time re-drawing what I had originally gone in with to fit the contours of my leg. He is lovely, and we work well together. He tells me if an idea is shit, and what I can do to make it work. He spends longer drawing for me, then he does tattooing me.

By *aidbackcplMan
over a year ago

blackpool

agree's with funkyfox its a trust issue

my g/f and i have had all our tattoo's done by the same guy

when we see him we'r greeted as friends not customers

word of mouth is the best way to start then go and speak with them , perhaps watch them work u'll soon know if they are the right person for you

over a year ago

Stay with what you have already

Post new Message to Thread