Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Stood up...

Jump to newest

By *lackroses85 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Between Norwich & Yarmouth

So I posted last night about having a break after a FB threw some kind of weird wobbly on me and I just feel some people suck the joy out of swinging.

Today I got message off a verified man saying he would like to meet for a social despite the distance he was still happy to travel so I agreed to give him a chance. The last I heard he was looking forward to it and would be leaving in an hour to meet me at 730. I gave him my number and the postcode.

Then nothing, 730 has been and gone.....no message saying he is running late or phone call with a stupid excuse.

What do people gain from treating others like this? I work hard, train hard and it's a release for me, a bit of excitement but it seems some are out to ruin it for people.

Of course, I've posted a meet and have the offer of about 15 men to take his place.

The most precious thing in the world is your time.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

sorry to hear that,, his loss

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not exactly surprising for fab

People being dicks for sport is like an olympic event on here

By *ohnjohn123321Man
over a year ago

South Ayrshire

Just saw your pics and vids and it is definitely his loss! Hope you get your new meet tonight

over a year ago

Its incredibly infuriating when it happens. Sorry to hear it s happened to you, but hopefully you get your meet from the one you've posted.

By *ichelinstar1Man
over a year ago

Peterborough & London

"So I posted last night about having a break after a FB threw some kind of weird wobbly on me and I just feel some people suck the joy out of swinging.

Today I got message off a verified man saying he would like to meet for a social despite the distance he was still happy to travel so I agreed to give him a chance. The last I heard he was looking forward to it and would be leaving in an hour to meet me at 730. I gave him my number and the postcode.

Then nothing, 730 has been and gone.....no message saying he is running late or phone call with a stupid excuse.

What do people gain from treating others like this? I work hard, train hard and it's a release for me, a bit of excitement but it seems some are out to ruin it for people.

Of course, I've posted a meet and have the offer of about 15 men to take his place.

The most precious thing in the world is your time. "

This will happen countless times to countless people. Some people get a kick out of having a fantasy in their head and it’s the idea that turns them on rather than the physical act. Keep your head up OP

By *ublinlad95Man
over a year ago

south

Sorry about that Unfortunately the site is full of people like that. Hopefully you have much better experiences from now on xx

over a year ago

"Not exactly surprising for fab

People being dicks for sport is like an olympic event on here"

You'd think I would be used to it but most at least have the guts to cancel an hour before not just go silent.

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Maybe you should take a bit more time when making decisions

over a year ago

That’s really crappy, and I’m sorry it happened to you. It’s one of the main reasons we want to chat to people for a bit first before arranging a even a social. Our free time is very limited and precious and so we want to be as sure as we can we aren’t going to waste it on being stood up etc.

I hope you manage to have an enjoyable night anyway

F (Mrs)

over a year ago

It’s a shame you can’t put a complaint or negative verification on peoples accounts when this happens (obviously reasons do pop up, poorly kids etc) but to simply blank people, you should be able to leave a bad verification

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

This is why I never, ever do spontaneous meets and get to know someone.

By *iss LovelyWoman
over a year ago

Here and There

"It’s a shame you can’t put a complaint or negative verification on peoples accounts when this happens (obviously reasons do pop up, poorly kids etc) but to simply blank people, you should be able to leave a bad verification "

You can report to Fab that they didn’t turn up, not sure it’d do anything though

over a year ago

I do usually chat a bit first but I've also been let down by people that way, I find some just like to chat to get themselves off but equally I've met some great people spontaneously. x

over a year ago

"It’s a shame you can’t put a complaint or negative verification on peoples accounts when this happens (obviously reasons do pop up, poorly kids etc) but to simply blank people, you should be able to leave a bad verification "

Exactly, I reported a guy on Bumble for the same thing and they actually took notice. I wonder if you have to have so many reports first?

By *agusMan
over a year ago

Near by

Definitely his loss, destiny has probably saved you from a horrible date

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I do usually chat a bit first but I've also been let down by people that way, I find some just like to chat to get themselves off but equally I've met some great people spontaneously. x

"

Another reason why I won't engage in any sex chat before meeting.

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

Totally agree with everyone that it’s his loss not yours! Not turning up without explanation is simply rude.

Hope you have an amazingly exciting time with someone else!

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

People are fuckwits and time wasters sadly

By *uriouskitten999Woman
over a year ago

Worcester

This happened to me with a regular fwb! It is disappointing when you get ready and all the build up but just put it down to experience and move on. It’s no reflection on you he probably just got horny and had a wank.

over a year ago

His replacement turned up, wasn't a social but a lot of fun all the same with no bull shit.....

By *haringiscaring1980sCouple
over a year ago

Kettering

Yeah that’s why we prefer to meet at clubs at the moment.

It’s so much easier and you meet nicer genuine people after the same thing.

Good company and fun

By *carletnsparksMan
over a year ago

halifax

Block delete and move on, his loss and there's many more where he came from

By *_Love_CandyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

"His replacement turned up, wasn't a social but a lot of fun all the same with no bull shit....."

Good to hear! Hope you enjoyed

By *eard and BoobsCouple
over a year ago

Portstewart

We've all been there unfortunately best to just block them and delete there messages and look for someone else who tickles your fancy more

over a year ago

I’ve had this happen twice to me so far. Both times saying they were on their way (again travelling from a fair distance), saying they were stuck in traffic, got lost etc. then sudden silence and never heard from again. Very strange.

I just give them 24 hours to message with a valid reason and then report them to admin for time wasting if they didn’t (and they didn’t lol) x

over a year ago

"So I posted last night about having a break after a FB threw some kind of weird wobbly on me and I just feel some people suck the joy out of swinging.

I'm sorry to hear this, I had it happen to me, I could see he was on line, never heard from him again,

Is he still here, can you still see his profile or has he blocked you

over a year ago

I'm sorry to hear this, I had it happen to me, I could see he was on line, never heard from him again,

Is he still here, can you still see his profile or has he blocked you "

He is still here, was still on my friends list until I removed him and reported him for arranging a meet and not turning up. I've now blocked him x

over a year ago

"I’ve had this happen twice to me so far. Both times saying they were on their way (again travelling from a fair distance), saying they were stuck in traffic, got lost etc. then sudden silence and never heard from again. Very strange.

I just give them 24 hours to message with a valid reason and then report them to admin for time wasting if they didn’t (and they didn’t lol) x"

I had a guy try that with me on our second meet, he said he had a drink so needed to get a taxi but couldn't get one until 9pm......9pm come and he said he was still waiting for a taxi.

Luckily I had a FB on standby willing to come over after work so I just WhatsApp the guy telling him to cancel his imaginary taxi as I had a better offer.

over a year ago

"I’ve had this happen twice to me so far. Both times saying they were on their way (again travelling from a fair distance), saying they were stuck in traffic, got lost etc. then sudden silence and never heard from again. Very strange.

I just give them 24 hours to message with a valid reason and then report them to admin for time wasting if they didn’t (and they didn’t lol) x

I had a guy try that with me on our second meet, he said he had a drink so needed to get a taxi but couldn't get one until 9pm......9pm come and he said he was still waiting for a taxi.

Luckily I had a FB on standby willing to come over after work so I just WhatsApp the guy telling him to cancel his imaginary taxi as I had a better offer. "

Yeah that’s what I did too.

I also had one guy turn up after the other stood me up, say he was getting something from his car and then drove off lol. I mean I’m a grown woman, tell me you’ve changed your mind don’t just drive off without telling me lol!

It was third time lucky as another guy did show up and we had a great night.

Just don’t understand some men on here x

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

So annoying isn't it?! I once had someone drive off because he couldn't find somewhere to park... That was off a different site though.

This week I've had 2 cancel, car trouble and illness

over a year ago

Hope you use a different phone number for fab op?

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

For some reason, this happens less on other sites we use (not specifically swinging sites).

By *actilenorfolkgentMan
over a year ago

Norwich

Had it happen several times, chatting up to half hour before, turn up nothing! No reply then blocked, Its a sad game for many on fab, I should know better!!

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

Can’t imagine why on earth you wouldn’t turn up to a meet! I mean, as a man meeting a woman. I can understand a woman getting cold feet but not a guy! Unless you‘re literally hit by lightening or arrested: it doesn‘t make any sense! We spend our whole lives wanting to get to know women, then you get an opportunity and blow it! I scratcheth my head!

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

"His replacement turned up, wasn't a social but a lot of fun all the same with no bull shit....."

Delighted for you! Hope you had a fab time!

over a year ago

Time wasted,when we allow others to waste ours. Can never be repaid.

By *hil most chillMan
over a year ago

London & Europe

Some people do like to bring the drama and extract the fun from this place. Sorry to hear you got stood up, if it's any consolation it seems to happen to a lot of people

over a year ago

Is he still here, can you still see his profile or has he blocked you

He is still here, was still on my friends list until I removed him and reported him for arranging a meet and not turning up. I've now blocked him x"

Had he been online before you blocked him? Did you give him your phone number and address?

By *lwaysup4it69Couple
over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Men like that give us decent guys a bad rep. I doubt I would get the chance to meet you for some fun, if I did then there is no way I would not turn up. You are stunning x

By *ownhamguyMan
over a year ago

Battle

Very much his loss. You look fantastic

By *ownhamguyMan
over a year ago

Battle

What amazes me is men moan and complain how hard it is to get a meet than do that.

Personally if I arrange to meet I will always turn up.

Having said that I've had a couple of no shows happen to me.

One girl gave me her address for an early morning meet, turned up and address didn't exist. Got called a timewaster for that. Thanks

Another girl who I'd had some fun with previously arranged to come to mine and didn't turn up. When I txt her she said she had to pick her son up, which is fair enough.

Arranged to meet another girl in a localish pub. Turned up, pub was as rough as fuck. There was a girl with 2 skanky looking guys. Went outside, txt her told her to come out if it was her, she said come in and kiss her. No thanks, really didn't feel right. Got called a timewaster for that as well!!!

over a year ago

Glad you still managed to have fun regardless

F (Mrs)

Post new Message to Thread