Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Trying to understand men!

Jump to newest

By *irlwantstohavefun OP   Woman
over a year ago

york

So is it just me, or is anyone else finding that the good looking blokes on Fab, despite giving it all the talk; they can't wait to do this and that to you, can we be regular? Really wanna be regular, can't wait to meet u, etc. When it comes down to actually meeting, most either stand you up or go quiet. The odd one has the decency to fabricate an excuse. I can't believe that anyone is so busy they can't find a couple of hours at any point in their lives ever; doesn't ring true, and why join a site for meets if that's the case! Any explanations of the complicated male psychee greatly appreciated.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sounds like many of them will be married or attached and can't get an excuse to escape home without good reason. People not cheating can make a time to meet and keep to it.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Could be they have busy lives and trying to sort a time that suits you both isn't easy.

By *husuiMan
over a year ago

chelmsford

I agree with your post, i dont have an explanation though, mybe they just loose their bottle when it actually comes to a meet.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Could be they are thinking you might want a bit more than just straight forward uncomplicated sex.

Plenty of blokes just see this site as a catalogue of women or couples for them to choose from, then fuck and go, never to be seen or heard from again.

By *ancelot1633Man
over a year ago

folkstone

Normal human condition, over promise and underdeliver. I suspect most post in good faith but without considering the logistics. Clubs are so much easier than meets

over a year ago

"So is it just me, or is anyone else finding that the good looking blokes on Fab, despite giving it all the talk; they can't wait to do this and that to you, can we be regular? Really wanna be regular, can't wait to meet u, etc. When it comes down to actually meeting, most either stand you up or go quiet. The odd one has the decency to fabricate an excuse. I can't believe that anyone is so busy they can't find a couple of hours at any point in their lives ever; doesn't ring true, and why join a site for meets if that's the case! Any explanations of the complicated male psychee greatly appreciated."

This is why going for a 4 (me) is always the safe option

over a year ago

Stick to couples, both sides of a couple wanting you increases probability 100% xx

over a year ago

Sometimes they get off on the idea and messages about what you'll do and then bail after they finish their wank we've had so many do this, can tell a mile off now the one handed texters.

By *oppet22TV/TS
over a year ago

huddersfield

When i say i can meet i do so yes it not allways easy to sort out what times your both free at same time i do work long hrs but do find time now and again to meet when i can

By *ortcouple20Couple
over a year ago

Port Talbot

[Removed by poster at 27/10/22 19:45:05]

over a year ago

"So is it just me, or is anyone else finding that the good looking blokes on Fab, despite giving it all the talk; they can't wait to do this and that to you, can we be regular? Really wanna be regular, can't wait to meet u, etc. When it comes down to actually meeting, most either stand you up or go quiet. The odd one has the decency to fabricate an excuse. I can't believe that anyone is so busy they can't find a couple of hours at any point in their lives ever; doesn't ring true, and why join a site for meets if that's the case! Any explanations of the complicated male psychee greatly appreciated."

I agree. I don't entertain "I'm gonna do this to you" etc now if meeting because it never happens

By *ortcouple20Couple
over a year ago

Port Talbot

"Sometimes they get off on the idea and messages about what you'll do and then bail after they finish their wank we've had so many do this, can tell a mile off now the one handed texters."

Was thinking the exact same thing

By *lfiesinssMan
over a year ago

Uxbridge

To be honest I’m just looking for a FWB. No one wants to give me the time to actually verify me when I’m genuine lool

over a year ago

"Could be they have busy lives and trying to sort a time that suits you both isn't easy. "

Exactly this

over a year ago

I've noticed it happens a lot on dating apps that women will say they want to go for a drink and then just ghost you. Maybe it's a general pattern of behaviour online and not specific to men or women.

over a year ago

"To be honest I’m just looking for a FWB. No one wants to give me the time to actually verify me when I’m genuine lool"

I don't give veris out now to men, I found myself always being the first and more often that not, never getting one in return, so I don't bother now

By *un Times 1Man
over a year ago

coventry

"I've noticed it happens a lot on dating apps that women will say they want to go for a drink and then just ghost you. Maybe it's a general pattern of behaviour online and not specific to men or women. "

Yes. totally agree with your statement.

By *hilled_CplCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

Really hoping it doesn't happen to us on our first time (hopefully next weekend!)

over a year ago

"Could be they have busy lives and trying to sort a time that suits you both isn't easy.

Exactly this "

What? Repeatedly every weekend. I see the same people posting the same lines I fell for. Still no meet verifications though.

over a year ago

"I've noticed it happens a lot on dating apps that women will say they want to go for a drink and then just ghost you. Maybe it's a general pattern of behaviour online and not specific to men or women. "

This

over a year ago

Silly mens

By *elight 99Woman
over a year ago

richmond

Op all talk.. probably married

over a year ago

Try to meet non good looking men

By *carletnsparksMan
over a year ago

halifax

As someone has said most likely 'Fab single' or bottled it after the wank.

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

At the risk of victim blaming, if this is happening all too regularly for you then perhaps you might want to look at your selection process.

At a minimum set your filters to only allow verified people to contact you, and only expend effort on guys who have at least a few verifications under their belt.

Insist on webcam / vidcall or at least phone contact early on.

Genuinely single, and up for it guys won't bat an eyelid at this.

By *StepsAheadMan
over a year ago

Lancs

They bash one then cant be bothered

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

With the many good looking blockes its i want it now with you.

Then its ive moved onto the next person and so the cycle continues.

If I cant have it with that person I will then try it with the next one and so on until someone says yes.

Its also with most males as well those copy and paste guys

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Focus on the ones that show, rather than tell

over a year ago

Maybe the meet got hijacked by ff couple. Just considering the possibilities

By *ifty69Man
over a year ago

north tyneside

We always get bad press ,!!!

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Looks are irrelevant, even the average/regular guys do this... I've had 2 cancel on me this week, car trouble and not feeling great... After pursuing me. Only socials, no sex talk... It's frustrating!

over a year ago

I spoke to my FWB about this. He mentioned he feels that men and women feel differently about the “build up”. For me (female) the “build up” isn’t that much of a thing for me. I’m excited when we meet, not really before. For men, he reckoned the idea of fucking and meeting was as exciting as the meet itself. Not sure how much truth there is in that.

By *hil most chillMan
over a year ago

London & Europe

If the good looking blokes are the problem, maybe give us ugly ones a chance

over a year ago

I'm dead ugly, but if I have a firm date, it would take a lot to stop me showing up.

By *_Love_CandyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

For me, one if the reasons I am on here is that I am always so busy. Completely understand when a guy is too. Sometimes, life is just busy have fun, and enjoy the people you meet on the way

By *ena AmourTV/TS
over a year ago

Chard

Keyboard warriors, place is full of em. Lying, fakers too. (Sanitised to prevent a ban)

over a year ago

It's the quiet men like me lol who are the best. They appreciate a good woman well I do lol

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

Life is very busy, I'm not even sure how. I look back at the week and think where did that go.

The problem can be so many fakes and profiles here just for fantasy and chat. Once they have got what they want then no reason. As for meets and dropping out, yes sometimes things happen but if it keeps happening then something is wrong.

The key is to not take it personally and is part of the site, and I hate to say life. Trying to meet regular friends is hard enough, finding a date we can all meet up is like pulling teeth.

I hope you get some better luck OP

By *ifty69Man
over a year ago

north tyneside

Venus _ Mars

over a year ago

The naivety is very touching.

over a year ago

"I spoke to my FWB about this. He mentioned he feels that men and women feel differently about the “build up”. For me (female) the “build up” isn’t that much of a thing for me. I’m excited when we meet, not really before. For men, he reckoned the idea of fucking and meeting was as exciting as the meet itself. Not sure how much truth there is in that. "

I love the build up!

over a year ago

I get to meet maybe 1 in every 50 guys I talk to.

over a year ago

"Could be they have busy lives and trying to sort a time that suits you both isn't easy.

Exactly this

What? Repeatedly every weekend. I see the same people posting the same lines I fell for. Still no meet verifications though. "

Well the OP has two points being put across the first about men giving it all the talk and then going quiet.

The second about not believing people are “so busy they can’t find a couple of hours to meet”

- Well I’m agreeing with what JustBo wrote, which is aimed at the second point made. Not everyone can find a couple of hours to meet, if one is free only on a certain day and the other isn’t then it’s hard to align diaries.

My opinion & advice about the men that go quiet or stand you up - Then sorry that it happens, but change your approach / selection process to finding men that are well verified and actually meet people.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I don't engage in sex chats on here. That means the ones looking for a wank get bored and move on quickly.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Exactly this

What? Repeatedly every weekend. I see the same people posting the same lines I fell for. Still no meet verifications though.

Well the OP has two points being put across the first about men giving it all the talk and then going quiet.

The second about not believing people are “so busy they can’t find a couple of hours to meet”

- Well I’m agreeing with what JustBo wrote, which is aimed at the second point made. Not everyone can find a couple of hours to meet, if one is free only on a certain day and the other isn’t then it’s hard to align diaries.

My opinion & advice about the men that go quiet or stand you up - Then sorry that it happens, but change your approach / selection process to finding men that are well verified and actually meet people.

"

My only no show was someone who was well verified.

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I think that if the male is unverified you can expect a higher probability that they won’t turn up/follow through. This is because a lot of people like the idea of a meet but the reality of actually meeting is another thing.

If the male is verified then I would suggest that indicates that they are (somewhat) reliable and it is then simply a case of being able to arrange suitable diaries. I know from personal experience that is not as simple as it seems due to outside life events in both sides.

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

"I get to meet maybe 1 in every 50 guys I talk to. "

Your talking to the wrong guys

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

[Removed by poster at 27/10/22 22:45:24]

over a year ago

"My only no show was someone who was well verified.

"

Sorry to hear that. With no explanation? I guess that is just bad luck. Verifications aren’t a fail safe but they do give you a good indication I’d say + Going with gut instinct, it’s just a risk we all take on here meeting someone…

By *rownBear365Man
over a year ago

city

They chat online when they need a wank, once wankboom has been accomplished they log out of fab

By *MCMan
over a year ago

London/EA

Exactly this

"

Montana is right.. it can be tricky to align schedules.. a few times I’ve been asked to meet at the drop of a hat, only to be called a time waster because I can’t due to being at work and just having a check of fab on a break, its ridiculous..

Getting meets is the easy part for you, ing out the legit ones will be a difficult task.. hopefully you have some better luck soon and some males restore your faith in fab.. goodluck!

over a year ago

"To be honest I’m just looking for a FWB. No one wants to give me the time to actually verify me when I’m genuine lool

I don't give veris out now to men, I found myself always being the first and more often that not, never getting one in return, so I don't bother now "

That's exactly what I've found, once a guy's got a veri from you they don't want to know you anymore,

over a year ago

This is the benefit if being a munter. I dont need to say im gonna meet you and do this and that ad no one wants to meet me lol

By *g1231974Man
over a year ago

wetherby

I imagine that the reality is that, amongst the huge number of men on here, there is only a relatively small number who are considered 'desirable'. Those men have the 'pick' and some will use that to their advantage. Fab, much like Tinder etc is still going to be a very image based environment.

By *g1231974Man
over a year ago

wetherby

"I think that if the male is unverified you can expect a higher probability that they won’t turn up/follow through. This is because a lot of people like the idea of a meet but the reality of actually meeting is another thing.

If the male is verified then I would suggest that indicates that they are (somewhat) reliable and it is then simply a case of being able to arrange suitable diaries. I know from personal experience that is not as simple as it seems due to outside life events in both sides. "

Verification isn't easy for a single male. Meets without verification are unlikely, there is a distinct opinion about single males at clubs (far from universal but quite strongly expressed) and unless you ate already in the know then the single male places at socials have generally gone before they are publicised.

I should point out that I'm not complaining, the reality is that it's a ratio situation but it's far from easy.

over a year ago

I can’t defend no man especially after hearing some guys don’t wash the their arse

over a year ago

"I can’t defend no man especially after hearing some guys don’t wash the their arse "

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I think that if the male is unverified you can expect a higher probability that they won’t turn up/follow through. This is because a lot of people like the idea of a meet but the reality of actually meeting is another thing.

If the male is verified then I would suggest that indicates that they are (somewhat) reliable and it is then simply a case of being able to arrange suitable diaries. I know from personal experience that is not as simple as it seems due to outside life events in both sides.

Verification isn't easy for a single male. Meets without verification are unlikely, there is a distinct opinion about single males at clubs (far from universal but quite strongly expressed) and unless you ate already in the know then the single male places at socials have generally gone before they are publicised.

I should point out that I'm not complaining, the reality is that it's a ratio situation but it's far from easy."

Verification gets easier if you have pics on your profile and a reasonable bio. Just saying.

By *ic Sunt DraconesMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Sadly to many man think and talk with their dicks and not their brains.

Think Vinny Jones in Snatch, when confronted they start shriveling!!

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Nope pretty much the story of my fab life ... Hence I don't really put the same energy into it anymore. Just stay for forum chats and the very occasional diamond in the rough

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I think too many of them are here because they're cheating on their partners. But ultimately find it physically difficult to cheat. They don't put profile photos up, they say very little on their profile, blatantly leave out they're in a relationship to be more appealing to women. If people want to argue my findings, please be my guest

By *obby!2Man
over a year ago

York

If they go quiet or hit and miss in the evenings, they're married. Some get off on the thrill of the chase and when they get down to a meet, they know deep down they can't back it up. I find a lot of accounts disappear instead

over a year ago

Mention food of coffee I'd be there!!!

Post new Message to Thread