Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How do regular couples cope?

Jump to newest

By *oxycouple28 OP   Couple
over a year ago

bexley

Maybe its just me, but we have been together since we were 27 (now both 40). Over the years I have regularly had to listen to friends and co-workers comment on not having much sex and almost being friend zoned by their partners (of both genders).

I cant imagine how other people manage. Swinging aside, I have been with Candy for years yet still find her as stunning as when we first met and still want to jump on her just about every five minutes....

Assuming the same for couples on here (given the nature of this site), how do other couples cope?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That is a rare and special connection.

Treasure it and nurture it. More people should be so lucky

over a year ago

It becomes part of your life you are OK with, you lean to accept or change.

No two relationships are the same even in the swinging world.

By *rs mischiefWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"Maybe its just me, but we have been together since we were 27 (now both 40). Over the years I have regularly had to listen to friends and co-workers comment on not having much sex and almost being friend zoned by their partners (of both genders).

I cant imagine how other people manage. Swinging aside, I have been with Candy for years yet still find her as stunning as when we first met and still want to jump on her just about every five minutes....

Assuming the same for couples on here (given the nature of this site), how do other couples cope?! "

Yep, I'm sure Mr will agree about wanting to jump.on me every 5 seconds..I get scared bending over infront of him!

We have been together since we were about 27/28 I couldn't ever imagine not being with him. He is truly my soul mate.

over a year ago

bexley

"

Yep, I'm sure Mr will agree about wanting to jump.on me every 5 seconds..I get scared bending over infront of him!

We have been together since we were about 27/28 I couldn't ever imagine not being with him. He is truly my soul mate.

"

Yeah, add to that the fun we have on this scene and its mind bending!

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

Like so many things, it's boiling frog syndrome.

over a year ago

I think that coukd may well be why many couples start swinging to bring back that sex life and also bring abit of jelousy to the relationship to bring back that fire from the begining of the relationship. Maybe..

over a year ago

bexley

"I think that coukd may well be why many couples start swinging to bring back that sex life and also bring abit of jelousy to the relationship to bring back that fire from the begining of the relationship. Maybe.."

That defiantly wasnt it for us. We enjoyed our sex life so much we wanted to know what other couples got up to, so we could see if we could explore new things. We ended up on a site simular to this and got chatting to people. They suggested a swingers club (now closed...it was Fclub) in London. So we went one weekend out of interest and never looked back.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have questions. What's a regular couple and how do they cope with what?

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

I'd imagine that sometimes their focus is on other priorities in life like kids and general family life

By *thfloorCouple
over a year ago

Hove

Good question OP! Couple posters got it right, it's a slow change, or other life obligations taking over. How do people accept a sexless life though?! I guess as a society we still believe sexual satisfaction is way down in the list of life's priorities, so the advice or even imperative is to focus on "the things that matter" and deny yourself. I think many people must shut their sexuality down to achieve this.

Personally I don't know how I could maintain a zest for life without being sexual. I am in a long term marriage and not greatly matched with my spouse in sexuality (same story as everyone, it was/we were different in the beginning). I have the luxury of it being an open marriage so can claim CNM, I don't know what would have happened if he wasn't ok with me seeing others, I think we would have broken up because I would have done it anyway (with his knowledge but not his consent).

By *thfloorCouple
over a year ago

Hove

"I have questions. What's a regular couple and how do they cope with what? "

I think OP meant a monogamous, non-swinging couple and how they cope with the lack of sexual excitement or lack of sex in their relationship/life.

By *partacus2024Man
over a year ago

Near You

"Maybe its just me, but we have been together since we were 27 (now both 40). Over the years I have regularly had to listen to friends and co-workers comment on not having much sex and almost being friend zoned by their partners (of both genders).

Assuming the same for couples on here (given the nature of this site), how do other couples cope?!

"

Awww I love this

By *ustbrowsing 999Man
over a year ago

colchester

Assuming the same for couples on here (given the nature of this site), how do other couples cope?! "

Same here I don't get it. Me and partner been together 13 years and we still have sex all the time . If we don't have sex we don't get along aswell we don't know how couples function without it for weeks at a time

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

All relationships are different. Just because they don't mirror ours we don't question how others work.

If one half of a couple is complaining that they're not getting enough sex I'd want to know the other person's side of the story

I think we should be wary of thinking that people who don't swing have worse relationships

By *ritIndianCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Me and hubby have been together 19 years. We still fancy each other as much as we did when we met if not more. Everything we have been through has brought us closer and we have always been very open and honest when it comes to sex. We still have sex everyday but I honestly don’t know what I would do if we didn’t have matching sexual appetites. It must be so difficult to love someone but not be sexually compatible.

Mrs

over a year ago

Been married 11 yrs and together 19. We have had sex once in 6 years since ivf kid was born. Before that it was just as bad. I don’t fancy her sexually and she probably feels the same about me but I’m stopping because of the child. As a couple we have been through the mill with health issues cancer / diabetes to name two. I love her but I think that’s because we have been through so much, but I don’t ever ever ever have a urge to have sex with her. I nosey on here when I feel a bit horny to look at the pics…. Long given up on sex full stop - you learn to accept it.

over a year ago

"I have questions. What's a regular couple and how do they cope with what?

I think OP meant a monogamous, non-swinging couple and how they cope with the lack of sexual excitement or lack of sex in their relationship/life."

I think it's risky to depend on swinging to provide the sexual excitement in your relationship.

Post new Message to Thread