Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Naturism: general attitude towards it?

Jump to newest

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I just watched a short news clip from 1973, about allowing a naturist beach in Hornsea. I was shocked to hear some of the locals talking in disgust about naturism. Children giggling about it, stating how dirty the act is, thinking it evolves around sex. Has people's perceptions changed since the 70s?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Having stumbled upon many naturist beaches during our travels abroad we would often giggle and make jokes.

The funny thing was secretly we both were thinking, hey wish we had the courage to do that. That came to light during a conversation we had.

Well last year we took the plunge and visited a naturist beach in the Canary Islands, with the intention of trying it out.

We got there found a nice spot, smiled at those around and they smiled back. Before we knew it we were naked and enjoying the sun. As the day progressed we even took a wander down to the sea for a dip.

That was brilliant seeing the clothed people looking, not looking, having a giggle. We said that used to be us but not anymore.

We went back to that beach numerous times during our holiday and enjoyed meeting new people. We love that no-one in naturist community judges we are all who we are - comfy in our own skin.

over a year ago

Love it! Been exploring it since I was younger and never looked back. Love how freeing it is

over a year ago

Some perceptions have changed and a lot more people are open to it, a lot more in different groups of people too. Some don’t get it and think it’s getting naked before sex, and get offended when they learn it’s not.

I’ve met loads of people whilst being nude from all walks of life

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I love being naked in public but I think most people think it is a bit weird. I find it strange that people compete to show how “tolerant” they are of all sorts of things but then get freaked out by the thought of some naked bodies.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

It’s awesome. Nothing better than a naked day at the beach.

over a year ago

Feel like I’d be very judged if I went out naked.. or worse her a hard on seeing all the naked bodies..

By *aveing funCouple
over a year ago

staffordshire

Love them open minded

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Love the feeling of freedom and no one judges …. I think it’s still a little taboo with less ppl than it was and tbh I think there’s a lot of ppl want to try it as they giggle but don’t have the confidence to do it or say to their partners, come I’ve always wanted try it.

By *aulp4alsMan
over a year ago

Warrington

I have been a naturist for over 30 years so much soo wax all over for the feeling of being totally naked. I go to naturist resorts I go naked in my garden and house. If people look that’s up to them. I don’t get hard when in a naturist environment as it is different to swinging by swinger’s do go to naturist resorts. Yes naturism is more layed back that it was as there are more beaches where it is practiced

By *irty-pairCouple
over a year ago

South Essex

Prudishness around naturism seems a very British thing - lots are willing to try it abroad but would never consider doing it in the UK. Think that’s still got a lot to do with Brits’ sexual connotations.

Many UK naturist beaches are beautiful and off the beaten track, but the legion of gawkers and meerkats don’t help. We love getting naked though, and we’d love to see more trying it - particularly women and couples to even the balance on most beaches.

over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Prudishness around naturism seems a very British thing - lots are willing to try it abroad but would never consider doing it in the UK. Think that’s still got a lot to do with Brits’ sexual connotations.

Many UK naturist beaches are beautiful and off the beaten track, but the legion of gawkers and meerkats don’t help. We love getting naked though, and we’d love to see more trying it - particularly women and couples to even the balance on most beaches."

The problem is removing the sexual connotations then more single women would do it. As they just get hounded by the gawkers and perves on the beach in this country.

By *irty-pairCouple
over a year ago

South Essex

"Prudishness around naturism seems a very British thing - lots are willing to try it abroad but would never consider doing it in the UK. Think that’s still got a lot to do with Brits’ sexual connotations.

Many UK naturist beaches are beautiful and off the beaten track, but the legion of gawkers and meerkats don’t help. We love getting naked though, and we’d love to see more trying it - particularly women and couples to even the balance on most beaches.

The problem is removing the sexual connotations then more single women would do it. As they just get hounded by the gawkers and perves on the beach in this country."

Completely agree. We go to a naturist club which couldn’t be more different, and completely non sexual - which is wonderful. But it’s too much of a leap for many who tried it once on holiday to then go on to a club (even though it might be the perfect environment for them).

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

.y only thought is that I like the idea but it's too fucking cold in this country

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I just watched a short news clip from 1973, about allowing a naturist beach in Hornsea. I was shocked to hear some of the locals talking in disgust about naturism. Children giggling about it, stating how dirty the act is, thinking it evolves around sex. Has people's perceptions changed since the 70s?"
no if anything they are worse because unfortunately it's all about sex now, boats and jet skis coming to the waters edge throwing abuse, kids throwing rocks from top of cliffs, in the summer it's almost a daily ritual

over a year ago

Been a naturist for over 40 years love being naked at clubs or beaches here and abroad.

over a year ago

"Been a naturist for over 40 years love being naked at clubs or beaches here and abroad. "

The male that is female just starting out.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I love being naked and go to nudist beaches whenever I can when abroad. Sadly this is something I would not tell friends or family as they would look at me with disgust.

By *eachrunner1Man
over a year ago

Farnham

I always enjoyed being nude from being very young (born in the 70's). I would get naked at home if I had the house to myself and when I went to uni I would often work nude in my room but I never made the connection that I might be a naturist. I knew naturists existed but just didnt see myself as being one and would probably have laughed at anyone who had they were.

Back then being naked was only something I only did on my own or with a girlfriend, some of which were only too happy to shed their clothes both indoors and in secluded spots when the weather allowed while others were less comfortable or point blank refused.I still didnt think of myself as a naturist and had not been to a nude beach I just knew that being unclothed was enjoyable and I felt comfortable in either state. I hadn't considered the potential for mixing with other people at all.

Once I discovered the internet and the penny had finally dropped that I was a naturist I still kept my nudism to myself even after visiting some nude beaches and started going on naked holidays.

One night whilst rather d*unk a married female friend confessed she was having an affair. I didnt judge but thought that as were sharing secrets I would tell her I wa a naturist and to my surprise, she just said 'good for you, my aunt used to go on naked holidays too. I have always wanted to try it!'

NO, we never went on to get naked together or anything like that but it did make me realise that people are often more open minded than you might imagine. I dont go around introducing myself as a nudist these days but if I dont worry about saying I have been to nude beaches or have been on naked holidays any more and usually the most extreme reaction is a raised eyebrow. I genuinely think more people are envious that they dont have the confidence to do it themselves.

My observation is that these days naturism is becoming much more popular among younger people as the nudist resorts that used to be almost all populated by people over 50 now seem to have lots of younger couples. I used to feel quite out of place sometimes and was often among the youngest nudist at a resort but now it is not uncommon at all to see ppl who appear to be in their 20's or early 30's.

I'd say the acceptance of different sexualities and the attitudes toward gender have changed how people perceive naturism. Most people just dont bat an eyelid any more if you like to take your clothes off. Naturism is the pinnacle of inclusiveness and you see every age, body shape, gender, race, and even disability at nudist resorts and in my experience there is no judgement or conflict or animosity toward anyone.

People are now far more aware of the environment and their own mental wellbeing and recognise that naturism can provide a deeper connection to one and help with the other.

Of course there are still those who still think nudism is only about sex and yes there are some nudists who like to combine a sexual element with their naturism and there are places for that to happen. Personally I am not against this and as long as its within the right environment I have no problem mixing sex and naturism but most of the time they are quite separate things.

I dont admit to or discuss my liking for the swinging scene widely as it is still very divisive for people, but I have no problem talking about nudism and I would encourage all nudists to do the same.

over a year ago

Being nude is great. I think most people agree. Naturism or Nudism is literally just. It just so happens that other people might be around and that they are nude too. So if being naked is great and doing things such as going to the beach and swimming etc is great. Then why not combine them in a non judgemental space with like minded people. It’s a no brained really.

over a year ago

Spent most of this summer naked on beaches.

There isn't anything sexy about the parade of creepy blokes on their 'casual walks' who seemed to be on pretty much every beach.

We learned to situate ourselves in order to mostly avoid them.

Aside from those, being naked on a nice hot beach is great.

By *uffhandymanMan
over a year ago

selby/peterborough

Absolutely love it. I’d happily do it all the time if I could. Such freedom!

By *entlecaressMan
over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

Having been happy naked most of my life I try as much as possible having the freedom of no clothes and not feeling judged in other non textile company. I have never had an errection in a naturust club or on a beach it just never happens so dont worry you guys. Errections start in our heads dont see bodies as sexual objects just people.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Thurrock

I don't think opinions have changed much ti be honest, maybe the generally public are now a bit more educated and accepting

Plenty of people here still assume those into naturism will be looking for sex and go to naturist beaches for that reason

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I've being naked and wish we had a decent local club or a local beach But love visiting the Naturist Foundation or Silverleighs, have done many naked runs and bike rides. My friends know and certainly no negative judgement but that may be a reflection of my friend circle rather than a reflection on society

over a year ago

Tried it last year in the canaries I was a little unsure at the time but once I had my shorts off the feeling was good the Mrs goes top less any way so next year we are both going naked

By *zlakMan
over a year ago

Norwich

I done some work at a naturist camp years ago and got talking to a couple, i asked them why they go naked? His reply was "if we were supposed to be naked we would have been born that way"

Tried it on my next holiday and never looked back. I love being naked

over a year ago

It's nice to air dry after a swim.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

The issue with it (from my experience) in the UK is that sadly there are many, unfortunately plenty on this site, that can't separate nudist from swinging.

I used to frequent Studland a lot a few years back as I was working in Poole two days a week. Beautiful beach and the naturist area is well separated from the remainder of the beach.

But on every trip you could see the many gawpers, mainly single men, wandering back and forth eyeing up those relaxing on the beach and the meerkats in the dunes who weren't there to enjoy lying naked on the beach but just there for 'fun' in the dunes. Obviously the beach being a naturist one offered the advantage of them being able to mill around naked, something they'd be unable to do elsewhere.

This is what puts me off naturist beaches in the UK.

There's too many that assume they can mix the two activities when the majority on naturist beaches aren't there for sex and are put off by those that are.

A

over a year ago

"The issue with it (from my experience) in the UK is that sadly there are many, unfortunately plenty on this site, that can't separate nudist from swinging.

I used to frequent Studland a lot a few years back as I was working in Poole two days a week. Beautiful beach and the naturist area is well separated from the remainder of the beach.

But on every trip you could see the many gawpers, mainly single men, wandering back and forth eyeing up those relaxing on the beach and the meerkats in the dunes who weren't there to enjoy lying naked on the beach but just there for 'fun' in the dunes. Obviously the beach being a naturist one offered the advantage of them being able to mill around naked, something they'd be unable to do elsewhere.

There's too many that assume they can mix the two activities when the majority on naturist beaches aren't there for sex and are put off by those that are.

A"

Those blokes are everywhere - Europe too. We laughed them off as much as possible but it is creepy.

By *estwirralcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Wirral

We have fallen in love with naturist beaches in recent times - it’s very liberating, everyone should try it!

over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"The issue with it (from my experience) in the UK is that sadly there are many, unfortunately plenty on this site, that can't separate nudist from swinging.

A"

Yep in studland especially unless you're over 75. You usually get left alone. Lol

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

A"

I must admit this is what puts us off travelling to a beach, it's too long a trip if the day is ruined by wanky men. It's a similar reason we don't often go to Eurekas despite it being relatively local

By *angerous123Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Tried naked beaches in corfu this year. Me and my girl loved it, we spent the whole holiday on them

over a year ago

I’d love to be naked more!

over a year ago

The Naturist site I'm a member of is lovely but the attendance is dropping, whether that be attitudes to naturism or its cheaper to travel abroad to warmer climes, I'm not sure. Speaking to younger attendees they are glad to visit as they get some hassle at beaches such as Druridge Bay, which I understand has a tolerated nudist area, from voyeurs. I myself have experienced these peoples activities at a beach in Scotland, it does put me off going, and I'd certainly not go by myself anymore.

By *rSexyVoiceMan
over a year ago

Berks

"I just watched a short news clip from 1973, about allowing a naturist beach in Hornsea. I was shocked to hear some of the locals talking in disgust about naturism. Children giggling about it, stating how dirty the act is, thinking it evolves around sex. Has people's perceptions changed since the 70s?"
I think it's sexy and love being naked

Not really bothered about others opinions really

over a year ago

Been going naturist on holidays abroad for the last 3-4 years maybe, love it and now quite comfortable with it but was nervous when I first tried but soon relaxed. I would spend most of the hols on a naturist beach if I could but wife likes to mix it up with pool time etc as well. Never done in the UK so far, as don't really holiday in UK in the summer and it would be a bit of a trek for a day trip and judging by some of the comments it seems less respectful here what with voyeurs etc?

By *001handMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

If I stumble upon a beach on travels I don't mind going. Don't actively look for them though. May go to one if I got invited though

By *eekingjoy777Woman
over a year ago

dorset

Love naturism

Been gc and costa natura x

By *ddfellowMan
over a year ago

new ferry, wirral

Im naked whenever i get the chance, be that at home or the beach

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

I've been a naturist for more years than I care to remember. Always nude at home when I've got the house to myself and spend as many days as I can at Druridge Bay when the weather allows.

I find Druridge is changing somewhat in that nudity has become more accepted. It always had a good mix of couples and singles but then the meerkats seemed to take over for a few years and the number of couples dropped. I've noticed over the last couple of years that more couples are coming back, although they mainly use a different part of the dunes which appears to be working out ok.

There also appears to more people, both singles and couples, walking around the beach, going for a swim, etc, even when clothed people are close by. There's still a bit of pointing and giggling but it does appear to be more accepted than it was.

Can't wait to get back

By *agusMan
over a year ago

Near by

I love being naked but if your a guy on your own people just think your a perv, even in naturist areas. Is it a couples thing or am I just paranoid and a bit too nervous?

Plus I'd really love to do the London World Naked Bike ride but so many photos being taken puts me off.

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

I think that attitudes towards naturism are becoming more liberal. We love it and all our holidays are naturist. Just before I took early retirement I wasn't quite so guarded when talking about our holidays when chatting to work colleagues and they quickly realised that we were naturists. Without exception all the responses were envious "wish I had the wife/husband who would do that" type of responses. All those people were in highly paid professional positions and since then a few of them have actually become naturists.

We have not experienced any bad behaviour on naturist beaches in the UK or abroad, (some inappropriate behaviour maybe )but generally naturists get on well together and respect each others' privacy.

The naturist club to which we belong is great fun and I recommend naturism to anyone regardless of age, body size, marital status or orientation.

Enjoy!

over a year ago

"I love being naked but if your a guy on your own people just think your a perv, even in naturist areas. Is it a couples thing or am I just paranoid and a bit too nervous?

Plus I'd really love to do the London World Naked Bike ride but so many photos being taken puts me off."

It's most a single blokes thing from what I've seen.

The blokes who look like pervs are the ones perving. The ones constantly going on aimless strolls or popping up behind rocks or innocently taking 'landscape' photos.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"I love being naked but if your a guy on your own people just think your a perv, even in naturist areas. Is it a couples thing or am I just paranoid and a bit too nervous?

Plus I'd really love to do the London World Naked Bike ride but so many photos being taken puts me off."

Just ride on the middle of the group.

Non of the incredibly creepy photographers are looking to take pictures of men

It's a brilliant day and well worth doing!

over a year ago

We have been naturists for over 30 years and yes we are rather large body wise but we love it. At nude clubs no one judges you and we have made some amazing friends over the years. The only thing sexual is you see the pussy tits or cock and know if they are natural blonde or not unless they shave then that keeps you guessing.

You can't beat a naked swim with no restrictions and best of all that silly dance with a towel wrapped around you rolling that swim suit down and getting dressed in case someone see's you naked. It is more erotic seeing women in a swim suit hiding the treasures or a guy in trunks then it is seeing them naked.

We love it and often have pure naked holidays

By *asques and boxersCouple
over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

Wont go where you cannot get back to nature anymore. We dont have costumes anymore except the odd fancy dress outfit lol!!

Youll often find a few swingers into Naturisum but not all are swingers and they wont appreciate see it either.

Even in Cap d'adge which is tge swingers capital of the world. Strict rules apply allow pure naturist to avoid us mucky lot lol!!!

over a year ago

Love it in warm countries

By *ab FunstersCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We regularly go to Fuertaventura lots of naked beaches. The only time we get dressed is to go shopping..love naked swimming in the sea its very sensual.

By *ikilovesCCouple
over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"We regularly go to Fuertaventura lots of naked beaches. The only time we get dressed is to go shopping..love naked swimming in the sea its very sensual."

Agree with you there, swimming naked is one of life's little joys lol

over a year ago

"We regularly go to Fuertaventura lots of naked beaches. The only time we get dressed is to go shopping..love naked swimming in the sea its very sensual."

If you go Cap D'Agde apparently you don't even need to dress to go shopping

By *ndianLuxCouple
over a year ago

West midlands

We would love to try this lifestyle too . We enjoy nakedness in the nature

over a year ago

"We would love to try this lifestyle too . We enjoy nakedness in the nature "

Definitely give it a go. I went to a nude beach a few years back and have been hooked ever since.

By *reamers13Couple
over a year ago

North West

Would love to try it … somewhere warm and sunny though

Post new Message to Thread