Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

FWB couple etiquette

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'll preface this by saying I know every pairing will be different, but I'm interested to read how people navigate this situation!

How do you deal with club/event/meets as a couple who are not an official couple?! I've been to events before but I'm attending my first event with my FWB (it's his first event). I don't want to have rules or restrictions but already conversations are happening with other single females and it gave me a weird pang in my stomach.

When you attend as a couple, do you act as a couple, or both go separate ways? Check in? Ask permission?! Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but just wanting to navigate this in a way without causing friction!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *annabarberaCouple
over a year ago

Staffs

We go as a couple with the plan to play as a couple

If we want to do separate things we would go to clubs on our own as we have done in the past

over a year ago

"We go as a couple with the plan to play as a couple

If we want to do separate things we would go to clubs on our own as we have done in the past "

Simple yet effective! Thanks!

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Loads of FWBs go to clubs as a couple. Some couples go their seperate ways in a club anyway, so there should be no issues once inside.

By *inksAPlentyCouple
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

If you go to a club as a couple check the rules of the club. Some expect you to stay together as a couple and leave as a couple.

When we were FWB if we went to a club together we were there as a couple. We agreed rules and boundaries up front so there were no surprises on the night.

If you are going as a couple but then going your own separate way once inside then why are you going as a couple in the first place? Just so your male friend can get reduced entry? So you have somebody to walk through the door with so you're not walking in on your own?

Think about why you are going together and take it from there.

Ms x

over a year ago

"If you go to a club as a couple check the rules of the club. Some expect you to stay together as a couple and leave as a couple.

When we were FWB if we went to a club together we were there as a couple. We agreed rules and boundaries up front so there were no surprises on the night.

If you are going as a couple but then going your own separate way once inside then why are you going as a couple in the first place? Just so your male friend can get reduced entry? So you have somebody to walk through the door with so you're not walking in on your own?

Think about why you are going together and take it from there.

Ms x"

A very fair point. I want to go as a couple, to play as a couple. I need to communicate with him to make sure he doesn't just plan on using me to piggyback into the event. He's very new to the scene so probably doesn't understand the nuances and rules of engagement.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

An interesting one - I would say have a conversation about boundaries

If I go with someone as a buddy we may often play together but I always say if she fancies someone then go and play with them - not bothered at all

I would expect the same and would probably not buddy up with someone who didn’t want the flexibility

By *issB.Woman
over a year ago

Barnsley

If I go to a club with fwb I would expect to go as a couple and stay as a couple. Otherwise I’d go alone and meet up in there xx

Post new Message to Thread