Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Meeting locals

Jump to newest

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Due to petrol and energy price increase, are people only looking for playmates in their local area?

I constantly get messages from people up north, Scotland and Wales but I'm thinking, I can't afford the petrol to meet up as it also have to be hotel meet if we met half way. I prefer social meets first. I done video chats with fabbers to save the time and effort of a social meet but prefer real life social meet. If they live over 100 miles away, it's just bit of logistical nightmare arranging meets for me.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

I do love travelling. I just seem to not get any meets locally but I don't mind travelling, especially if there is a good connection with someone. Besides, nothing like the feeling of going to somewhere you never been before too

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always local. The only person I'd travel to is my friend. Strangers aren't worth it, I'd rather have a wank.

over a year ago

Had 2 meets so far, both been local and both lots of fun

By *ustmemyselfandi1Man
over a year ago

southampton

"Due to petrol and energy price increase, are people only looking for playmates in their local area?

I constantly get messages from people up north, Scotland and Wales but I'm thinking, I can't afford the petrol to meet up as it also have to be hotel meet if we met half way. I prefer social meets first. I done video chats with fabbers to save the time and effort of a social meet but prefer real life social meet. If they live over 100 miles away, it's just bit of logistical nightmare arranging meets for me."

I love travelling as drive loads for work but definitely prefer local meets and socials to build a connection.

The only thing with distance is that it’s unlikely to lead to anything more than once so it’s hard to build that understanding of the other persons desires etc.

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

We host but can travel upto 20 miles.

By *nnasHammerCouple
over a year ago

The Upside Down

Local for us is Caerphilly, Newport and Cardiff areas.

over a year ago

national express isn't too bad

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We had a message from a "single woman" who lives 419 miles away, but she travels around the UK for work. So it's probably her work that pays for her petrol. We haven't replied yet, but this site is great

over a year ago

We do prefer local meets. Due to home and work like anything other than local is pretty much impossible to arrange

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I prefer local,

I wouldn't let anyone travel too far for me when I only meet for a drink and chat first time.

over a year ago

Maybe the best option currently.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Always local. The only person I'd travel to is my friend. Strangers aren't worth it, I'd rather have a wank."

This!

over a year ago

I don't see the point in meeting someone from miles away. Realistically I'm not prepared to travel that far, and if they were prepared to it'd probably be a one off which I don't see much point in

over a year ago

"Always local. The only person I'd travel to is my friend. Strangers aren't worth it, I'd rather have a wank.

This!"

Hello stranger.

I still live by your tip for socials and I've never been stood up in 13 years.

over a year ago

Local area within 10/ 20 miles .

By *harAndBryCouple
over a year ago

nr Stamford

We stick to a one hour radius. Char doesn't travel well and occasionally has to cancel at last minute due to her fatigue and pain issues. It wouldn't be fair for us to cancel someone who's travelled three hours of a four hour trip.

We also find it slightly off-putting when a guy says he'll drive 300 miles for a shag.

(Bry)

By *xxblackcatxxxMan
over a year ago

NEWBURY

Mmmm I have no problem travelling & can accommodate Newbury So not miles away

Im single with no ties

By *hil most chillMan
over a year ago

London & Europe

My horniness has overcome any fiscal doubts I had, and I've travelled over 100 miles for a couple of meets recently. I regret nothing, both meets were incredible

By *elrose57Couple
over a year ago

reading

we like to meet local as it makes it better to arrange more meets at short notice , and as everyone knows the more meets you have the better the fun and games

over a year ago

I'd never meet anyone just because it's convenient.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'd never meet anyone just because it's convenient.

"

Yeah, convenience is overrated. I’d rather have sex with people who are willing to make an effort.

By *ebel RedMan
over a year ago

manchester

It’s great if people are willing to meet just dont fancy going 100 miles then not feeling the vibe so relatively local is best if things don’t work out for either party

Or let’s all just have a party on the beach

over a year ago

Local is better but I don’t mind driving whatever it takes for a quality meeting.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I always prefer local, can't be spontaneous with someone who's 100s of miles away, and it's not going to be regular.

over a year ago

We only meet people relatively local. There’s less chance of an expensive disappointment.

What I don’t get is when people wink at you from 200 miles away. What are we meant to do with that?

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Only meet local as don't drive preferably those that can accom x

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

I love the idea of bumping into them in the Co-op

We don’t really have any rules on distance but it’s a real bonus if you click with someone reasonably local

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I don't like too local, we're in a small village, but around 20mins + I'm good with, I don't want to be bumping into meets while I do my Morrisons shop with the kids.

Mrs

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

I think local makes a lot of practical sense but tbh I’m more interested in finding women on the same page so more than happy to travel for great ladies

By *evonNewbiesCouple
over a year ago

Paignton

We do travel a little but that's the geography if devon I think more than anything x

over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

How do you really know you going to have great connection with someone who lives over 2 hours away? I wouldn't meet anyone from my village but maybe in my county or neighbouring counties

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

"How do you really know you going to have great connection with someone who lives over 2 hours away? I wouldn't meet anyone from my village but maybe in my county or neighbouring counties "

Sometimes you have to trust your gut and take an educated risk/ leap of faith. However my impression of you is you are quite ‘risk adverse’ or have I got that wrong?

over a year ago

I travel a lot for work, so it's very rare I'm anywhere near home. That doesn't equate to meets though haha

By *oobyHotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Thurrock

I wouldn't travel for a meet nor would I accept a guy offering to travel 100 miles to meet me, infact I generally say no to anything over 30 minutes

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Have bike will travel, if only for the joy of the ride

over a year ago

I’ve had a guy travel over 100 miles to meet me twice! Luckily I’m now moving to the same city he works in so future meets will be easier!

I’ve generally said local only but i made an exception and didn’t regret it. Our connection is unreal so well worth it!

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman
over a year ago

Naughty Lane

"Due to petrol and energy price increase, are people only looking for playmates in their local area?

I constantly get messages from people up north, Scotland and Wales but I'm thinking, I can't afford the petrol to meet up as it also have to be hotel meet if we met half way. I prefer social meets first. I done video chats with fabbers to save the time and effort of a social meet but prefer real life social meet. If they live over 100 miles away, it's just bit of logistical nightmare arranging meets for me."

local obviously its handy...but never works that way unfortunately

I would travel anywhere if there was real attraction and had previously met.more enjoyable meets if there is strong attraction/connection...

By *ornLordMan
over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Getting a meet where I live seems impossible unless you're a bi-guy, and as I travel to London fairly often I tend to look for meets there.

By *ingeringfunMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Always happy for a train journey and although local would be lovely getting some interest in first place means I'd seriously consider a meet far away.

By *uminsiderMKMan
over a year ago

St Austell

Over the years, I've visited women and couples who lived anywhere between a two-minute walk to five hour's drive away...

....my days of doing long-distance meets are long gone now - although under the right circumstances, an hour or two's drive might stll be feasible...

....but I've always preferred local meets - simply going across town or somewhere nearby means less time driving, and more time playing!

over a year ago

Well I got talking to someone from the forums and we got on absolutley amazingly ... after 9 weeks he came 600 miles to me (I actually offered to go to him first!) purely for a social and we're still happily dating after well over a year now!

If you don't take a punt who knows what you're missing out on!

over a year ago

If I had friends travel up to Scotland to meet me they wouldn’t be expected to pay for a hotel! Flights are cheap, I’m near the airport, I’ll pick you up and spend a weekend exploring the highlands, hiking mountains, swimming lochs and lots of orgasms in between. Travelling is good for the mind - I invite my fab friends to come up and have a long weekend break.

Re petrol, it costs more for me to get to the airport and back than an average flight from a major city. Crazy.

over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"How do you really know you going to have great connection with someone who lives over 2 hours away? I wouldn't meet anyone from my village but maybe in my county or neighbouring counties

Sometimes you have to trust your gut and take an educated risk/ leap of faith. However my impression of you is you are quite ‘risk adverse’ or have I got that wrong? "

I always have bad luck with men so yes I'm very cautious these days

over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"If I had friends travel up to Scotland to meet me they wouldn’t be expected to pay for a hotel! Flights are cheap, I’m near the airport, I’ll pick you up and spend a weekend exploring the highlands, hiking mountains, swimming lochs and lots of orgasms in between. Travelling is good for the mind - I invite my fab friends to come up and have a long weekend break.

Re petrol, it costs more for me to get to the airport and back than an average flight from a major city. Crazy. "

I just driven 9 hrs to get to Scotland. There's no way I would meet a random stranger up here

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

"Always local. The only person I'd travel to is my friend. Strangers aren't worth it, I'd rather have a wank.

This!"

Very true. But you never know a connection can travel very far

By *edHeelsCplCouple
over a year ago

Kenilworth

We’ve previously been to the North East and south end for club nights and socials. But with increasing prices it would have to be a special someone to travel that distance atm.

Some people won’t meet local people as they get scared/paranoid that they may turn up and their hot meet is someone they know!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I like to keep things simple, so restrict things to make them so, including travelling and effort - when there's enough of that already.

It's worth not imposing costs and efforts that are unreasonable or just very high, onto others, as it could lead to cancellations etc

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I prefer to meet locals, as I dont really have time to travel, also it is more convenient as well

over a year ago

I travel with work but it’s never easy trying to arrange a meet last minute or when my distance shows I’m 200+ miles away. Seems to be a red flag for people

By *ornLordMan
over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"I travel with work but it’s never easy trying to arrange a meet last minute or when my distance shows I’m 200+ miles away. Seems to be a red flag for people "

I've had some of my best meets on a last minute basis when away from home, for example gradually chatting up a lady while she was waiting for her chap to get home and ok the meet, or a late-night invitation to another hotel.

over a year ago

"If I had friends travel up to Scotland to meet me they wouldn’t be expected to pay for a hotel! Flights are cheap, I’m near the airport, I’ll pick you up and spend a weekend exploring the highlands, hiking mountains, swimming lochs and lots of orgasms in between. Travelling is good for the mind - I invite my fab friends to come up and have a long weekend break.

Re petrol, it costs more for me to get to the airport and back than an average flight from a major city. Crazy.

I just driven 9 hrs to get to Scotland. There's no way I would meet a random stranger up here "

Such a boring drive, I try my best to avoid it. Aye a total stranger would be nuts but someone you click with on fab? Depends if they give serial killer vibes haha

By *uminsiderMKMan
over a year ago

St Austell

"I just driven 9 hrs to get to Scotland. There's no way I would meet a random stranger up here "

One of my five hour drives was up to Glasgow from Milton Keynes, in pre-Internet days - that was to spend an evening and night with a delightful young lady who I'd 'met' via a phone chatline the previous night...

....I arrived early evening, was given a lovely dinner, spent most of the night being devoured by her - she made a four-course meal of me - and was fed a hearty breakfast before I drove home, very tired, but very happy!

By *ustmemyselfandi1Man
over a year ago

southampton

I’m in Glasgow working in two weeks.

I wouldn’t drive it for a meet but would happily meet somebody for a drink and see where it went while up there!

By *onderTouchMan
over a year ago

Billericay

Local is just more convenient. Wouldn’t travel far just for sex when it’s only temporary pleasure and it’s all around me already

Post new Message to Thread