By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Best plan for first meets as single female Advice and opinions welcome

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

near Chesterfield

Meet in a public place.

Have someone with you (if you can). Just to be in the background.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Agree with CG meet in a public place for a drink or coffee first and go from there .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Meet in a public place.

"

Exactly this, if you're not happy about something, then just leave, you have to feel comfortable with someone, have fun but be safe

By *umagain58Man
over a year ago

London

Yes make sure in public place as some odd people here. If you get on and both want can go further

By *inkForLifeCouple
over a year ago

North Shields

Got a male mate who swears by going for a coffee vs a pub because if they want to leave it's perfectly OK to leave after one coffee but it's weird after one beer or glass of wine.

It's a much more defined length of time.

over a year ago

As everyone is saying, met somewhere public and take your time. I'd definitely suggest telling someone close your going on a date or something x

over a year ago

Just don’t do it!

over a year ago

If you won't have anyone with you for the meet, make sure you've had a video call before meeting up so you know exactly who you're meeting.

Have someone ready for a message or call from you within 30 minutes of meeting the person. Someone who knows where you are and who you let know if you're going somewhere else. If they don't hear from you within 30 minutes, get them to ring you. I always tell people I'm checking in with my friend while they're here and I suggest they do the same.

over a year ago

"Just don’t do it!"

How is OP supposed to meet anyone then, providing she's careful, chooses a public place, tells someone where she is, she should be fine

By *umagain58Man
over a year ago

London

"Just don’t do it!

How is OP supposed to meet anyone then, providing she's careful, chooses a public place, tells someone where she is, she should be fine"

Always an element of risk and that is part of the fun of this. In vast majority of cases have met lovely people and enjoyed. Just be careful and take advice above

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"If you won't have anyone with you for the meet, make sure you've had a video call before meeting up so you know exactly who you're meeting.

Have someone ready for a message or call from you within 30 minutes of meeting the person. Someone who knows where you are and who you let know if you're going somewhere else. If they don't hear from you within 30 minutes, get them to ring you. I always tell people I'm checking in with my friend while they're here and I suggest they do the same. "

This, every time.

By *carletnsparksMan
over a year ago

halifax

A social meet in a public place, a friend in the know of where you are and a phone call check in to make sure your safe. If it's straight to playing then best at a club where you are safer.

By *MaverickMan
over a year ago

Rushden

"Best plan for first meets as single female Advice and opinions welcome "

A first social in populated public place …

Wich sometimes is not a favourite idea …

Going to someone house u don’t trust just yet , ( even after first socials )

I like to suggest to share passport photos n adress n contact to a friend u trust your discretion .

I done that before . A lady was feeling intimidated to trust herself to a stranger after the social .

I told her and her friend :

Here , take a photo of my passport , and he did

Happy New year ^^

On other hand I got myself in someone’s house for a first social with this lady .

Without having a clue who could be there .

We had a video call before meeting up ^^

over a year ago

"Best plan for first meets as single female Advice and opinions welcome

A first social in populated public place …

Wich sometimes is not a favourite idea …

Going to someone house u don’t trust just yet , ( even after first socials )

I like to suggest to share passport photos n adress n contact to a friend u trust your discretion .

I done that before . A lady was feeling intimidated to trust herself to a stranger after the social .

I told her and her friend :

Here , take a photo of my passport , and he did

Happy New year ^^

On other hand I got myself in someone’s house for a first social with this lady .

Without having a clue who could be there .

We had a video call before meeting up ^^ "

Sometimes you don't want to share addresses though if you're not meeting at a home. Surely if someone is feeling intimidated to trust themselves to a stranger, they shouldn't go with them on their own and should hold out for another public place social some time soon.

By *nglo-Indian-DelightCouple
over a year ago

Worcestershire

Go to reputable swingers clubs, or well organised group events x

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Just don’t do it!"

Don’t turn up wearing a Nike tracksuit.

As others have said, just use your gut instincts. Meet in a public place and if something doesn’t feel right, just back out

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Meet in a public place.

"

I don't think the second point is a good idea

By *amnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

tf1

This is why I meet at clubs only.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Clubs are nice neutral safe territory which also come with a plan B (which is great for all us with kids who don't have much free time). This is a preference as a couple too for the same reason's. It safe and neutral and keeps your privacy too. You can get to know each other and take things where they go. If there turns out to not be the right chemistry it's not a wasted night for either party as you can both go forward on your own. Also I'd say only meet them in a club going in seperately. I wouldn't agree to going in together. I think that's important for safety and to set the right boundaries first off.

Or go for a pot of tea. That was my first meet with My Girl (we met on here). The tea was terrible (tea rooms were my suggestion but she chose the tea rooms). However the terrible tea was a great excuse to move on to my car (which you probably shouldn't do unless super sure about a person) and the rest many years on is history.

over a year ago

I always meet in a public place and someone will always know where I am x

By *itzimadCouple
over a year ago

harwich

go to a club or party better than meeting one person

over a year ago

As social meet in public preferably where there’s cctv, I like to go for a coffee, it’s easy to leave if you feel uncomfortable. I agree to no expectations and no pressure

By *az87260Man
over a year ago

Cross inn

Any tips for male side ??

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Meet in a public place.

"

Definitely meet in a public place.

The second part though I don't agree with at all.That is a bit odd and not fair on the person you are meeting if you have someone waiting in the background keeping an eye on you.

By all means have a friend phone you if you want in case you want to make excuses to leave.

Most of all only meet someone you like and are interested in. Do meet for a chat in a public place first. Don't allow any one to pressure you into meeting or doing anything you don't want to do. Most of all enjoy yourself there are lots of decent nice men on here.

over a year ago

If you have the conference maybe meet in a club

I think theirs a few women on her that would team up with you to go to the club together, you could both go your separate ways in the club but keep an eye on each other

And both leave together in a taxi

By *astesLikeMagicWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

It's why I go to clubs

Post new Message to Thread