Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How to make Fab better

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If I was running this site, here's some of the changes I'd make -

ACCOUNT:

You can only join the site once a week. This stops repeat offenders leaving and rejoining every day.

PICTURES:

You must upload at least one public photo.

Enforce the photo rules properly. Anyone who repeatedly breaks the rules gets a 24hr ban.

You must display your correct location (nearest town/city).

Places like 'near you', 'sex town', 'the moon' etc wouldn't be allowed as this site is for meeting other members and not your on-line fantasy.

Introduce a location filter to stop unwanted messages from people who live miles away.

How would you improve the site??

XX

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I honestly don't see how those ideas can actually improve the site. Sorry to say.

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

Many of those are good. Filters are not always great I think. Sometimes I just want to send a nice complimentary message to a lady and find I can’t cos I’m one or two years outside her age range. To me that’s a shame, and actually, though she’ll never know, it might’ve really brightened up her day.

I agree with you about all the other points you make.

Another improvement I’d like to see is in the forums: being able to ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ comments, a bit like facebook. I don’t think we need all the emojis they have but a lot of posts are wasted on threads just to copy a post and agree or give a thumbs up. A simple ‘like’ would be much easier and allow popular threads to carry more substantial content from contributors who’ve got something meaningful to say.

Also, the pic fabbing coding could be improved. From my iPhone it often appears that the site quickly forgets which pics I’ve fabbed which is anything from weird to annoying.

Mods could be a bit more prominent and proactive too in the chatrooms.

Other than that, this site works pretty well!

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I find it works grand just as it is and I don't see how the changes you want would improve it by much if any.

Some people don't mind getting messages from others miles away.

There is no rule they people have to meet off here either people use the site for loads of different reasons.

Making everyone upload pics would just mean even more pics taken off the internet than there already is.

I find using filters and deleting any messages from those who cheat to get past mine works just fine for me.

By *ornytwo84Couple
over a year ago

Bradford

"If I was running this site, here's some of the changes I'd make -

ACCOUNT:

You can only join the site once a week. This stops repeat offenders leaving and rejoining every day.

PICTURES:

Enforce the photo rules properly. Anyone who repeatedly breaks the rules gets a 24hr ban.

Places like 'near you', 'sex town', 'the moon' etc wouldn't be allowed as this site is for meeting other members and not your on-line fantasy.

Introduce a location filter to stop unwanted messages from people who live miles away.

XX"

Agree with most of that plus you should have to be verified, also possibly make it £20-£30 to join may cut some of the fakes.

By *inkyJamesMan
over a year ago

80020 Broomfield

ACCOUNT:

PICTURES:

XX"

I can see how these changes might avoid the aggravation of clicking on new photos and seeing photos you know you've seen on their profile & or sent you

But I think photo thieves are the much more serious problem downloading a user's photos then using them on other sites on fake profiles I think it would be awesome if every time someone tried to download others photos they get a message that say these are private photos and they will be notified their picture has been downloaded & by who then be reported to the staff to take down and or block participation

over a year ago

Account:

Is there really this issue and what problems do they cause?

Using filters to block newbies may help.

Pictures:

This will encourage some to upload fake pictures.

Best to have it blank and therefore ignore than to be sucked in by false pictures.

Again, filters can help here regarding cutting down messages from blank profiles.

Some people like to feel a sense of discretion by not stating where they are.

Some aren't here to meet but to post pictures, use the forum and chat rooms.

We travel and are happy to receive messages from people outside of our current at the time location.

Other people travel too and may want to plan ahead.

We are happy to chat with people without the necessary will to meet, through the forum for example.

The option of the filter may be useful to a point but don't think it'll make much difference.

over a year ago

Body-type filters and body-type verification

over a year ago

I forgot one ....

It's easy to get around location filters by changing postcode

over a year ago

"Many of those are good. Filters are not always great I think. Sometimes I just want to send a nice complimentary message to a lady and find I can’t cos I’m one or two years outside her age range. To me that’s a shame, and actually, though she’ll never know, it might’ve really brightened up her day.

Another improvement I’d like to see is in the forums: being able to ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ comments, a bit like facebook. I don’t think we need all the emojis they have but a lot of posts are wasted on threads just to copy a post and agree or give a thumbs up. A simple ‘like’ would be much easier and allow popular threads to carry more substantial content from contributors who’ve got something meaningful to say.

Also, the pic fabbing coding could be improved. From my iPhone it often appears that the site quickly forgets which pics I’ve fabbed which is anything from weird to annoying.

Other than that, this site works pretty well! "

There's no saying the lady wants to receive yet more messages, complimentary or not.

It possibly wouldn't have brightened her day, trust me there are many messages received just to offer a compliment, often that's a guise to begin conversation.

Not saying that to be the case with you, but that compliments aren't always that, or particularly mood changing.

The filters are there for the receiver and work well in that sense.

The ability to like a post in the forum could be good, maybe.

over a year ago

ACCOUNT:

PICTURES:

XX

Agree with most of that plus you should have to be verified, also possibly make it £20-£30 to join may cut some of the fakes. "

A joining fee can also cut down genuine users, many won't pay unless they know what they're getting and that it works. Someone new to the site won't know that.

It also won't stop some fakes and may encourage them to join because they feel there's something good here to view, and believe it will make them appears genuine.

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Many of those are good. Filters are not always great I think. Sometimes I just want to send a nice complimentary message to a lady and find I can’t cos I’m one or two years outside her age range. To me that’s a shame, and actually, though she’ll never know, it might’ve really brightened up her day.

There's no saying the lady wants to receive yet more messages, complimentary or not.

It possibly wouldn't have brightened her day, trust me there are many messages received just to offer a compliment, often that's a guise to begin conversation.

Not saying that to be the case with you, but that compliments aren't always that, or particularly mood changing.

The ability to like a post in the forum could be good, maybe. "

Point about filters accepted! In fact I don’t use them enough myself! I should figure them out!

over a year ago

My only improvement suggestion.

That all the birds fancy me and want a go on it.

That’ll do nicely.

over a year ago

ACCOUNT:

PICTURES:

XX

Agree with most of that plus you should have to be verified, also possibly make it £20-£30 to join may cut some of the fakes.

A joining fee can also cut down genuine users, many won't pay unless they know what they're getting and that it works. Someone new to the site won't know that.

It also won't stop some fakes and may encourage them to join because they feel there's something good here to view, and believe it will make them appears genuine. "

Would also price out many genuine users. We are in the midst of a cost of living crisis.

over a year ago

I would ban anyone moaning about it as they clearly aren't getting any.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/08/22 12:43:07]

over a year ago

The ability to like a post in the forum could be good, maybe.

Point about filters accepted! In fact I don’t use them enough myself! I should figure them out!"

I think the only filter we use is new members.

By *eviants In DefianceCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

ACCOUNT:

PICTURES:

XX"

Reducing rejoining to once a week won't stop some. If they get a kick out of it, they'll just join every week.

Okay so you hand a out 24hours bans. Ban from what? The whole site? Uploading new pics? Does it become permanent after so many bans? Who and how would it be enforced?

Why must you display your local town or city? How does that benefit people? Not everyone meets on their local area, some travel for work, some would just rather keep a distance from where they live. You going to know exactly what their local town or city it anyway or their postcode is correct?

People would get round a location filter the same as they do the picture and age filters.

Pxx

By *inkyJamesMan
over a year ago

80020 Broomfield

"I would ban anyone moaning about it as they clearly aren't getting any.

"

That's very intelligent and I so agree

fun ,upbeat ,life loveing folks, are what we all so appreciate looks are definitely trumthed by happy go lucky attitudes

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

More filters on who can msg you.

I'd block smokers and anyone over a certain distance away.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

On pic filters stop those with no pics being able to upload one, or make it public to message.

If they add a pic to bypass a filter it should be that it stays public.

Also would be good if people couldn't change their age to bypass filters too.

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

I disagree with quite a few of those.

Account - pointless as they’ll just use different/new throwaway gmail or hotmail address so a waste of time.

Pictures - Why? A blank silhouette shows a lazy profile. It’s an instant clue as to someone’s effort on here. Why take that tool away?

Location - again why? You’d be taking away privacy from people. I never ever had my hometown in Scotland on my profile. I had the nearest big city. Firstly because my town is tiny - way too much risk of being recognised (and as a woman who lived alone in a ground floor flat I didn’t want the risk of someone turning up) and secondly I only ever played in the city so it was actually a more accurate location for meets.

Messages - how would that work if people were away from home? Or people who work away? Or go on holiday? You couldn’t then message anyone where you were going to be spending time and pre-plan any fun.

I think to make it better people just need to trust their instincts more and remember there are good and bad folks on here.

A joining fee would just price out a lot of genuine members, plus it would also, imo, give rise to a sense of entitlement in some quarters. Some folks are outrage they’re not dripping in sex just for paying £5. Imagine their entitlement levels if they paid more than that?!

By *luttyLaylaWoman
over a year ago

North West

Don’t agree with the location.

Also think clubs/ hosts could pay a small amount for a year to advertise - this could be put back into the site to make it more app like or something and easier to use.

over a year ago

"I would ban anyone moaning about it as they clearly aren't getting any.

That's very intelligent and I so agree

fun ,upbeat ,life loveing folks, are what we all so appreciate looks are definitely trumthed by happy go lucky attitudes"

That's me, upbeat

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Agree with most of the op, I’m getting heartily sick of seeing photos with others in that when challenged the poster clearly DOES NOT have the other persons permission and they often include identifying details of the other person (not just face which is against rules anyway and as you say op rules are not being enforced! But also tattoos, birthmarks etc)

On another thread another poster commented they’ve seen a few inc children which I sincerely hope was reported and removed.

Discussion with another fabber recently on the faqs/rules side, SO MANY forum posts and messages regarding people not knowing/accepting the no reply = not interested etiquette. With certain faqs and rules anyway I think other fabber agreed and explained how technically it could be done - set it up so when people register they HAVE To prove they’ve read and understood certain key rules. Lots of apps/sites have it now that you have to answer a wee quiz on the basics before you can register.

The options around gender identity need to be updated they’re very poor given how times have moved on there.

Something needs to be done about the issue of people using old photos of themselves to deceive, I’ve had supposedly accurate face pics sent to me that I suspect were easily of the person when they were as much as 20+ years younger! Maybe insist on newspaper dated photo veri face pic that has to stay on the account, not necessarily public but can be requested when arranging a meet?

No to increase in fees many genuine fabbers are having a tough time financially me included!

“it would also, imo, give rise to a sense of entitlement in some quarters.”

Agree with this! “I’ve paid a fortune I want my fuck!”

Post new Message to Thread