Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Relationship issues

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey guys how did you feel when you broke up with your partner and how did you learn to accept it and move on

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arnaclebillMan
over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"Hey guys how did you feel when you broke up with your partner and how did you learn to accept it and move on"

What makes you think I've broke up with my partner

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hey guys how did you feel when you broke up with your partner and how did you learn to accept it and move on"

I'll tell you when I get there

over a year ago

I left an unhappy relationship in April last year. I had a month of partying & then my dad was diagnosed with cancer & subsequently died so my getting over the relationship was a little harder than most. But leaving him gave me my life back. It allowed me to look how I want to look, live how I want to live and it taught me that if I'm unhappy only I can do something about it.

over a year ago

Shit happens, and Earth does not stop spinning, and life goes on.

There are others in this world in far worse situations than to suffer a relationship break-up.

Etc. etc. etc...

over a year ago

best move i ever made kids came with me and ten yrs on id do it again

over a year ago

You just broke up personally pal,if so been there done that!hurts like hell ,eating,sleeping,how the hell did she get in my head, my heart!!but each day,hour by hour gets easier,until one day,wow great being single.then the emotional jacuzzi starts,nobody getting near me again!brick wall. Life's a bitch,and then you meet another one.!!

However in this world to love is a gift,and if your lucky enough to find it again ,stuff that lottery money. Lucky me 20years now but can still tap into the pain when ex wife twisted and turned that knife! I love my wife now ,hope you find yours! Damn did I write that?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/11/12 00:08:56]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Same as I said before.

Pain doesn't equal love.

The people that think it does spend YEARS in misery.

over a year ago

Treat it as just a chapter in the book about your life, and there are more still to be written.

Look back with fondness, not in sadness or anger.

over a year ago

"You just broke up personally pal,if so been there done that!hurts like hell ,eating,sleeping,how the hell did she get in my head, my heart!!but each day,hour by hour gets easier,until one day,wow great being single.then the emotional jacuzzi starts,nobody getting near me again!brick wall. Life's a bitch,and then you meet another one.!!

However in this world to love is a gift,and if your lucky enough to find it again ,stuff that lottery money. Lucky me 20years now but can still tap into the pain when ex wife twisted and turned that knife! I love my wife now ,hope you find yours! Damn did I write that?"

Yeah I starting to wonder why I got with in the first place man definitely stabbed my heart or at least it feels like. Wow that was some peach mate thank you really appreciate that.

over a year ago

"Treat it as just a chapter in the book about your life, and there are more still to be written.

"

I definitely got a lot of anger in right naw but good point I guess i am writing a book and im on chapter 10 lol

over a year ago

Like with a lot of things, I find time heals as cheesy as the phrase sounds. My ex was a nutter and I'm so glad I'm out of that relationship. I got a lovely husband now though.

over a year ago

I have recently split up. I've been having a nightmare of a time. I just had To do what was right for me

It's still early days and I'm taking it a day at a time. I have had to accept that it is over. And accepting that was the hardest.

I have no intention of moving on to someone new. Just going to enjoy life my way

I remember the good times and learn from the bad and know I did all I could in the relationship.

I have found that getting on with things that were just for me have helped. And keeping my friends close

Cali

over a year ago

previous b/f broke wedding off many moons ago..... took it bad but the best was 5 months later when he asked would i take him back and marry him..... oh revenge is so sweet!!!!!!

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

I sympathise with you buddy it hurts like hell especially if they meant something to you...... Sometimes I go into my cave and get really depressed playing all love songs crying my eyes out and then at other times I go out and fuck another woman (scuse my French) and forget about her.... It depends if I loved her or not. I got out of a relationship last week. Sometimes its like a breath of fresh air if the relationship was a no hoper....

So it depends on circumstances...... Whatever the circumstances onwards and upwards either get back with her or part as friends. Draw a line in the sand..... And start the next chapter

over a year ago

Time good friends and family....I read somewhere there were a few stages to getting over a relationship.....first shock and not believing it, then being so upset and not knowing how you'll live, then anger which is when the revenge bit comes in to finally indifference when you realize that you know longer care...no hurt..no anger...just no feelings anymore to that person.....may not be 100% right for everyone but I definitely went through all of those when I broke up from a bad relationship years ago. Now I can look back and just see it as part of my life...the good and the bad and I wouldn't change it, it's just history now and I think I've definitely learnt a few things! So time just time x

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"Treat it as just a chapter in the book about your life, and there are more still to be written.

"

Very nicely worded

over a year ago

I have kids so for me it was just a case of having to get on, bills still need paying so i had to go to work and carry on as normal

To be honest its wasnt that much of a big deal, if a relationship fails somethings going wrong within it, other wise people wouldnt leave, and if things have gotten that bad you must know all isnt right, so its best to just pick yourself up and get on with life

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

Dont you think talking over any issuses and working on whats going wrong is better than walking and starting all over again?

An ex once said to me "Neil if shes good 90% of the time then you can work on the other 10%"

over a year ago

"Dont you think talking over any issuses and working on whats going wrong is better than walking and starting all over again?

An ex once said to me "Neil if shes good 90% of the time then you can work on the other 10%""

depends what the problem was

for me no, i had no interest in saving my marrage

some things cant be heeled

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

I agree every case is different....

Walk or talk..... I hope walking was the right case for you

over a year ago

"Hey guys how did you feel when you broke up with your partner and how did you learn to accept it and move on

I'll tell you when I get there "

Exactly what i was going to say...

over a year ago

"Dont you think talking over any issuses and working on whats going wrong is better than walking and starting all over again?

An ex once said to me "Neil if shes good 90% of the time then you can work on the other 10%""

Yeah true but it's hard mate you know when 50% of her or more has gone out of the window and worse when she's not trying to make it work you cuz im trying to find a solution to our issues but it just aint happening with her.

over a year ago

An ex once said to me "Neil if shes good 90% of the time then you can work on the other 10%"

depends what the problem was

for me no, i had no interest in saving my marrage

some things cant be heeled "

Exactly that's the thing with I don't think she has any interest in saving the relationship so that makes things even worse

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

I hear what your saying buddy if its that bad and shes not interested or listening..... Decide on a few days apart then see how you both feel

over a year ago

"I hear what your saying buddy if its that bad and shes not interested or listening..... Decide on a few days apart then see how you both feel"

Yeah anyways yeah mate I have asked her to think and see if that's what she still wants so she doesn't want me still than oh hey I gotta move on but right now i am feeling normal if she goes then fuck it and if she stays then good.

over a year ago

It's not that simple is it, you have to ask yourself " Do I want to be in this relationship?"

You say your broken hearted, weren't you cheating on her? Do/Did you really love her?

I'm not judging you, we all do what we want by choice and its yours to make, all I'm saying is sometimes our ego gets a good kicking and clouds how we really feel, especially if we don't take enough time to explore our own feelings. You're only 22, if you don't go through this another couple of times you'll be a lucky guy.

Chin up, stay friends, it wasn't meant to be, move on. Let her do the same.

Post new Message to Thread