Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Instant turn off

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone else lose complete interest when you look st a profile and find nothing but rules, complaining about men never making an effort a novel about what they don't like then finally insert random word so i know you have read all my profile.

It just comes across to me at least as a joykill. Am i being a bit harsh when i just block them haha.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I simply block any profile that starts with "please read my profile carefully" or similar...you can guarantee it's going to be full of "rules" and psychotic smallprint

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

There are many more knickertwisting things happening in the world right now than not being compatible with an online stranger.

Would you rather they presented a different image of themselves only to discover what they were really like after a message or two?

over a year ago

Doesn't bother me at all. It's their personal preferances so if I don't match what they want then nobody has wasted time

over a year ago

I get that it can be a ball ache for some, but most profiles I would say start off pretty basic, and end up becoming war and peace, mostly due to messages becoming the drive to change it.

I think it's much worse to have messages between two people going back and forth, only to find you are in no way compatible

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

It's not harsh, you can block whoever you want too.

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"Does anyone else lose complete interest when you look st a profile and find nothing but rules, complaining about men never making an effort a novel about what they don't like then finally insert random word so i know you have read all my profile.

It just comes across to me at least as a joykill. Am i being a bit harsh when i just block them haha."

Knock yourself out, block whoever you want for whatever reason you want, it's really not a big deal.

over a year ago

I just inserted a keyword into my profile as so many do not read it or pretend they have, how would they know you are a match if they do not read profiles, wasting everyones time. It only takes a minute to read. I can understand why others put keywords in

By *hloetTV/TS
over a year ago

Nottingham

Far more attracted to someone who has articulated exactly what they want. Knowing what you want from a partner is sexy imo.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

"There are many more knickertwisting things happening in the world right now than not being compatible with an online stranger.

Would you rather they presented a different image of themselves only to discover what they were really like after a message or two?"

This

At least you know you're not compatible right away

Miss

By *ougar1966Couple
over a year ago

Newport

A few rules in your profile OP.....

If men didn't spam womens inboxes with total rubbish, it wouldn't be necessary to spell it out to them!!

By *ad Bod AdonisMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I never bother messaging profiles like that. Life's too short to be jumping through hoops.

By *ittlekinks38Woman
over a year ago

outside belfast x

Maybe more preferences than rules but yeh no point wasting time chatting for dayson end if both not looking the same things!

Just helps to read the profiles and if not what your looking scroll on simples....

Nothing worse than ppl having a go that you that your a time waster after talking and then you decide they are not for you!

Chatting to ppl doesn't give you entitlement to any fun unless both parties are willing and up for it!

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

If you can't be bothered to read the profile and understand what that person wants from fab and meets then just move on.

Yeah some are overkill but most are reasonable.

Fact of the matter is, single guys make up the vast majority of the site, send the most messages but ultimetly don't read the profiles.

They just try it on with the hope they'll get a chance. We used to get loads of single guys message all sorts of shit to us that was counter to what our preferences and profile stated..so we just blocked them.

You can judge all you like but when your on the receiving end of it, it stops being funny after the 100th message saying the exact thing you are ot here for.

By *utterypopcornCouple
over a year ago

oxford

We did feel the same about these profiles with all there rules but after a year or so on fab we are beginning to see why.

You do get a lot of totally awful messages from people who are obviously not compatible just after a free ride Can get old fast.

I guess you just have to make your own mind up who you want to block for what ever reasons you choose.

Block whoever you want but the truth of fab is women can be extremely picky and still be spoiled for Choice. So don’t block them all or else it could be an expensive forum you end up paying for !!

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

We don't like ranty, shouty profiles filled with 'we don't like, I don't like, you must do this and that', you can get the same message across without all that noise.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I generally block them so I don't see them again once the profile has been read, and discounted for not being compatible.

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I'm also a bit flummoxed sometimes when the whole profile seems to be full of insinuations and "in jokes."

Perhaps I'm not trendy enough but sometimes I read them and realise I haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

Gbat

By *lice AgainTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Yeah I have 'rules' but after you've received your 400th 'Hey' opener...

By *oastal1968Man
over a year ago

London

Not as off putting as someone who puts haha at the end of a sentence in an attempt to make you think they are funny OP.

over a year ago

It’s the masses that spoil it for the few !

There wouldn’t be a need for filters and lists of do’s and donts if everyone was courteous and respectful, the reality is that not everyone is and hence the need to separate the wheat from the chaff with the lists. There’s usually foundation for them and or bad experiences.

Just enjoy it for what it is and if someone’s not for you don’t read on

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

For me it's the blank avatars, no imagination at all

By *urious_couple_ukCouple
over a year ago

South Cambs

There does seem to be an air of arrogance to the people who list the rules. However at least you know where you stand over an empty profile with just cock pics!

I’d rather have more info than not enough

over a year ago

"Does anyone else lose complete interest when you look st a profile and find nothing but rules, complaining about men never making an effort a novel about what they don't like then finally insert random word so i know you have read all my profile.

It just comes across to me at least as a joykill. Am i being a bit harsh when i just block them haha."

I skim to see how long it is and often just don't bother reading.

I'm 47. This could be my last winter. Can't be fucked with that shit.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

It just comes across to me at least as a joykill. Am i being a bit harsh when i just block them haha.

I skim to see how long it is and often just don't bother reading.

I'm 47. This could be my last winter. Can't be fucked with that shit."

Think positive. I could be your spring? x

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"It’s the masses that spoil it for the few !

There wouldn’t be a need for filters and lists of do’s and donts if everyone was courteous and respectful, the reality is that not everyone is and hence the need to separate the wheat from the chaff with the lists. There’s usually foundation for them and or bad experiences.

"

You hit the nail on the head! "Usually there's foundation for them or experiences". After a few years of being on this site you get a tad worn down with some messages. Isn't that what a profile is part of??? To let others know what it is you are looking for?? Granted that some of the profiles are ridiculous in they go as far as to how much body fat you should have!?

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"It’s the masses that spoil it for the few !

You hit the nail on the head! "Usually there's foundation for them or experiences". After a few years of being on this site you get a tad worn down with some messages. Isn't that what a profile is part of??? To let others know what it is you are looking for?? Granted that some of the profiles are ridiculous in they go as far as to how much body fat you should have!? "

Nail. Head. We're all different strokes for different folks x

over a year ago

I like reading the rules and dos and dont's, i know then, that that profile is after specific things. Specific things not suitable to me so i pass that profile and don't waste their time by contacting them.

over a year ago

If you don't like how the profile is written, then move on.

Simple.

over a year ago

Bad hygiene and no personality

over a year ago

"Bad hygiene and no personality "

Knob cheese and a shite sense of humour is a no ho for me too.

By *teve_it_aloneMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I suspect, with sufficient time and support, they will come to terms with your block and move on with their lives.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Bad hygiene and no personality

Knob cheese and a shite sense of humour is a no ho for me too."

Hmm....I thought you were a fan of dairy products? x

over a year ago

Hmm....I thought you were a fan of dairy products? x"

On my toast - Aye

Under a foreskin - Naw (upside doon thumb).

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

On my toast - Aye

Under a foreskin - Naw (upside doon thumb)."

x

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

I think I'm going to vomit.

over a year ago

On my toast - Aye

Under a foreskin - Naw (upside doon thumb).

x"

Ugh gross conversation

By *ed LipstickWoman
over a year ago

Fucksville

Trying to change the conversation..... OP you have a few rules on your profile!?

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman
over a year ago

lancashire

"I simply block any profile that starts with "please read my profile carefully" or similar...you can guarantee it's going to be full of "rules" and psychotic smallprint "

Psychotic small print??...hahaha...pmsl..

By *harAndBryCouple
over a year ago

nr Stamford

"It just comes across to me at least as a joykill."

In all honesty, your own profile is one of the most joyless we've read. Just about every paragraph sounds negative.

If you don't like people who put "rules" in their profile, then just move on, surely?

(Bry)

By *ed LipstickWoman
over a year ago

Fucksville

"It just comes across to me at least as a joykill.

In all honesty, your own profile is one of the most joyless we've read. Just about every paragraph sounds negative.

If you don't like people who put "rules" in their profile, then just move on, surely?

(Bry)"

Agree

By *rispyDuckMan
over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Hypocrites & Double Standards

The amount of profiles i've read saying "Don't message if you've not read our profile"

Then get message from their profile asking "so what are you into"? When the answer is clearly written on my profile proving 'They have not read my profile, yet want me to read theirs

over a year ago

"Hypocrites & Double Standards

The amount of profiles i've read saying "Don't message if you've not read our profile"

Then get message from their profile asking "so what are you into"? When the answer is clearly written on my profile proving 'They have not read my profile, yet want me to read theirs "

That is unforgivable to be fair

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Awful isn't it! I look at profiles with no pictures/loads of nothing but random cock pics/moaning/demands/bragging and I simply move on to the next one.

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

I much prefer a clear profile.

I don’t want to spend constant messaging back and forth with someone only to find out there are zero interests in common.

If someone’s profile says clearly what they are into then I know quickly if it’s worth messaging them or if there’s no point because our interests don’t align in any way.

over a year ago

No, I find it a turn off when people contact you without reading your profile, rules and interests.

over a year ago

I quite like rules

Also like a confident women who knows what she wants

So provided the profile isn’t too negative, happy to read, listen and go from there

over a year ago

"We did feel the same about these profiles with all there rules but after a year or so on fab we are beginning to see why.

You do get a lot of totally awful messages from people who are obviously not compatible just after a free ride Can get old fast.

I guess you just have to make your own mind up who you want to block for what ever reasons you choose.

Block whoever you want but the truth of fab is women can be extremely picky and still be spoiled for Choice. So don’t block them all or else it could be an expensive forum you end up paying for !! "

By *he sultan of swingMan
over a year ago

mid devon

Yer then you put in there stupid code word and the still read and don't reply lol

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

I just read and if it’s not for me I simply press back and scroll to next one

Doesn’t bother me what people write

If it’s not for you , move on

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Isn't half the fun of meeting new people conversation? If you list everything you like/dislike what can you talk about? Its like over sharing in social media. When you meet up with friends you have no new news because they seen all your updates.

over a year ago

"Isn't half the fun of meeting new people conversation? If you list everything you like/dislike what can you talk about? Its like over sharing in social media. When you meet up with friends you have no new news because they seen all your updates."

Profile bios arent updated daily though. Look at it like this: you only want to meet people who like marmite and toast. You put that on your profile. People who like marmite and toast will contact you as you both have that in common. You can still talk about types of bread and wether butter should be on the toast pre marmite. People who don't like marmite and toast wont contact you, saves time being contacted by folk you’ve got nowt in common with. Its not a perfect science but a well written profile bio will make for better connections.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

If the profile is overly negative with the rules I can see your point.

But otherwise we love a long profile, it kinda shows we’ll probably get on!

By *empest2KMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Profile bios arent updated daily though. Look at it like this: you only want to meet people who like marmite and toast. You put that on your profile. People who like marmite and toast will contact you as you both have that in common. You can still talk about types of bread and wether butter should be on the toast pre marmite. People who don't like marmite and toast wont contact you, saves time being contacted by folk you’ve got nowt in common with. Its not a perfect science but a well written profile bio will make for better connections."

If you could give me some tips on how to improve my connections and message count, I'm all ears, because I have no idea where I'm going wrong unfortunately

over a year ago

We did have a list of things on our profile. It was more answers to the mundane questions we get asked. Nobody read it and we still got asked those same questions.

over a year ago

"Isn't half the fun of meeting new people conversation? If you list everything you like/dislike what can you talk about? Its like over sharing in social media. When you meet up with friends you have no new news because they seen all your updates."

The best conversations we have on here have nothing to do with sex and swinging. There’s so much more you can talk about and if the conversation flows effortlessly it’s more likely to lead to a meet.

over a year ago

A women having no nail vanish on her toes yuk

By *am450Man
over a year ago

North Kent/Greater London

"There are many more knickertwisting things happening in the world right now than not being compatible with an online stranger.

Would you rather they presented a different image of themselves only to discover what they were really like after a message or two?"

over a year ago

You're not being harsh. Actually you are understating it. It's disrespectful and self entitling. It shows the kinda person they are. They will crash everyone else down if they can. Just because they can.

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

I ended up adding FAQs to my profile to cover off 95% of the questions that I get asked and will point people to it to read if they ask any of them. This way I get to chat to interesting people about other things rather than the day to day basics. Saves everyone's time and the conversations are much better.

Post new Message to Thread