Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Single guys - friend only pics. Why?

Jump to newest

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Everybody is competing for attention on Fab. We have public body photos so people get a flavour of what we are like.

Some single guys, who face the stiffest competition, no pun intended, have friends only photos. What’s wrong with public body pics ?

BTW we always just assume they’re married and reject on those grounds.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eedsmale36Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"Everybody is competing for attention on Fab. We have public body photos so people get a flavour of what we are like.

Some single guys, who face the stiffest competition, no pun intended, have friends only photos. What’s wrong with public body pics ?

BTW we always just assume they’re married and reject on those grounds. "

Then they complain fab is full of time wasters and it’s rubbish on here

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hmm I feel like this is a double standard. If a woman has friends only pics then it’s “we need to respect their privacy” and then if a man has them then it’s “we reject them they are probably married”

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hmm I feel like this is a double standard. If a woman has friends only pics then it’s “we need to respect their privacy” and then if a man has them then it’s “we reject them they are probably married”"

Not a double standard just an observation. We occasionally get contacted by women with no visible pics too but like once a year. We think that’s strange too and reject them thinking they are probably not a woman or have something to hide.

For anyone why have no visible photos ?

We’ve heard “I’ve got a sensitive job” to which our answer is “So your boss would recognise your cock?”

By *amspoonsMan
over a year ago

North East

"Everybody is competing for attention on Fab. We have public body photos so people get a flavour of what we are like.

Thats exactly why I have no public photos, not single.

However.

When I was single, I had public photos. And my rate of success was the same as now. Most messages unread, those that are read are usually deleted with no reply. The rare few who do respond either want a gym queen love island reject with a cock the size of a rolling pin, or are so infrequent and slow with responses that a meaningful conversation is impossible (you know the type, on fab ever hour of the day but only reply every two or three days and you lose interest). Either that or you get gaslighting lunatic arseholes who will message back and forth and then pick one tiny "infraction" such as "When I said we had to use condoms you only said "sure" - which means you are not enthusiastic about them which is a red flag and also I saw you were on fab even though we are arranging a meet by text which means you are trying to fuck the whole site which is another big red flag, and you are very confident in yourself so you are clearly dodgy" (yes, actual things people have saud to me).

Its very tough as a guy on here and not at all good for your self esteem. The only real measure on control you have is over who sees your pics, so I choose to show them to who I want seeing them.

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

However.

When I was single, I had public photos. And my rate of success was the same as now. Most messages unread, those that are read are usually deleted with no reply. The rare few who do respond either want a gym queen love island reject with a cock the size of a rolling pin, or are so infrequent and slow with responses that a meaningful conversation is impossible (you know the type, on fab ever hour of the day but only reply every two or three days and you lose interest). Either that or you get gaslighting lunatic arseholes who will message back and forth and then pick one tiny "infraction" such as "When I said we had to use condoms you only said "sure" - which means you are not enthusiastic about them which is a red flag and also I saw you were on fab even though we are arranging a meet by text which means you are trying to fuck the whole site which is another big red flag, and you are very confident in yourself so you are clearly dodgy" (yes, actual things people have saud to me).

Its very tough as a guy on here and not at all good for your self esteem. The only real measure on control you have is over who sees your pics, so I choose to show them to who I want seeing them. "

That’s very honest of you.

It is tough for single guys. We get contacted by many single guys with no public photos. We don’t meet married guys so it does seem a fair assumption that when a guy contacts with no visible photos we’re pretty certain he’s married seems the only common reason people would do this.

BTW if we were a single guy we would not be on this site if it affects self esteem. Other dating sites are available with better success rates but maybe not for guys who already have a partner.

By *ercedes_SLKMan
over a year ago

nottingham

I’m not sure about others but mine is due to the sensitive nature of my job

Besides that - I have a face for radio ……lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 19/02/22 08:55:04]

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Some guys underestimate the demands of becoming successful in their endeavours here.

Posting a meet for example l, without any public pics, seems misguided

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m not sure about others but mine is due to the sensitive nature of my job

Besides that - I have a face for radio ……lol"

Would your employer recognise a picture of you in boxer shorts with no face showing ?

Would they sack you for that photo or being on the site? Would they legally be allowed to do that over your private sex life ?

over a year ago

I have quite a few non public photos. It's just a ruse to get people to friend request me

On a serious note, I'm not sure why a single guy would be different to anyone else wanting some of their photo's private?

By *ase4122Man
over a year ago

Lancashire

I'm not sure anybody actually looks at my pics, they are all public BTW

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I have quite a few non public photos. It's just a ruse to get people to friend request me

On a serious note, I'm not sure why a single guy would be different to anyone else wanting some of their photo's private? "

Our point would be that it’s so competitive specifically for single guys then why would you reduce your chances by hiding photos. For women and couples really they will still get a lot of interest, photos or not. Unfortunately it’s the way of Fab.

over a year ago

Man or woman, it's their choice to share whatever they are comfortable with.

over a year ago

"I have quite a few non public photos. It's just a ruse to get people to friend request me

On a serious note, I'm not sure why a single guy would be different to anyone else wanting some of their photo's private?

Our point would be that it’s so competitive specifically for single guys then why would you reduce your chances by hiding photos. For women and couples really they will still get a lot of interest, photos or not. Unfortunately it’s the way of Fab.

"

Yeah, I do get what you are saying, and agree to an extent, but I think with a variety of photos for public viewing it wouldn't really matter? Yes, Fab can certainly be a conundrum at times, a Catch-23 if you will

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Man or woman, it's their choice to share whatever they are comfortable with."

Absolutely but we’re asking what would be a good reason for doing that ? In another way we’re highlighting that some couples will draw conclusions if no body photos are shown.

The post comes from frustration at yet another single guy messaging us with no visible pics which seems to happen with a significant number of the guys who message us. It doesn’t happen near as often with couples. We’re not attractive to women as both straight so don’t really get messages from women so can’t comment on women.

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yeah, I do get what you are saying, and agree to an extent, but I think with a variety of photos for public viewing it wouldn't really matter? Yes, Fab can certainly be a conundrum at times, a Catch-23 if you will "

How do you mean “with a variety of photos for public viewing it wouldn’t really matter” ?

We don’t expect face pics but we expect some body pics. From our point of view we get messages from single guys. Short message, short profile text and no public photos. What are we supposed to do ? Spend time chatting to someone with literally no idea of what they are like before becoming friends to see their friend only photos. Just can’t understand what those guys are thinking.

By *o1-NeilMan
over a year ago

northampton

Although I’ve been in here about 8 months I don’t often visit the site. I’ve only had one meet thru fab and the same couple added me as a friend. So I have no friends only pics set up,

I don’t really put enough effort in to get more friends, business is busy but I will get more active here and see where it goes

Billy no mates

over a year ago

It's their choice tbh. One can request to see their pics .

We just have to respect their choices.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

My friends only pics are either face or dick pics, as I want to control when and/or to whom they are available given how pics on here can be abused (copying, etc.) and how certain pic types are usually derided.

Nothing necessarily shady about people holding something back.

By *entleman Blue EyesMan
over a year ago

Saffron Walden

My friends only pics are either face or dick pics, as I want to control when and/or to whom they are available given how pics on here can be abused (copying, etc.) and how certain pic types are usually derided.

Nothing necessarily shady about people holding something back."

In complete agreement. So many profiles saying "no dick pics..." and being a reasonable sort of guy I can understand why. And the face pics for reasons of discretion.

over a year ago

This actually given me the incentive to get some new photos taken of my body etc.

Not sure it will make a difference in terms of any responses?

Pre-lockdown i had photos on my profile of my torso (was in better shape). Only to be told i was on steroids!!! If that was the case i would want my money back. Was not that big

Will never have face pic on public photos as i work all over the country and meet people from all walks of life/ Some are bound to be on here as the law of averages

over a year ago

For me it’s just a case of keeping the good stuff for those who I want to see it. Once a connection has been established

By *harAndBryCouple
over a year ago

nr Stamford

We assume, often wrongly maybe, that the only reason all their pics are friends only is to get people to add them as friends. We've had quite a number of messages from single guys saying they don't keep their pics public, but to just add them if we want to see them. Then they get to see our friends only pics.

(Bry)

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"This actually given me the incentive to get some new photos taken of my body etc.

Pre-lockdown i had photos on my profile of my torso (was in better shape). Only to be told i was on steroids!!! If that was the case i would want my money back. Was not that big

Will never have face pic on public photos as i work all over the country and meet people from all walks of life/ Some are bound to be on here as the law of averages"

From our point of view then no photos at all equals a no reply. If you have body photos (not expecting public face pics) then we will have a look and if we like will chat and if we don’t we’ll send a reply anyway to say you’re not for us.

So adding photos might get you a meet but will put you in front of all the guys with no visible photos.

We’re not trying to upset single guys just trying to give an idea of how couples think. Understanding how some couples think goes a long way towards being successful on Fab.

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"We assume, often wrongly maybe, that the only reason all their pics are friends only is to get people to add them as friends. We've had quite a number of messages from single guys saying they don't keep their pics public, but to just add them if we want to see them. Then they get to see our friends only pics.

(Bry)"

That is one thing we suspected too.

over a year ago

"This actually given me the incentive to get some new photos taken of my body etc.

Will never have face pic on public photos as i work all over the country and meet people from all walks of life/ Some are bound to be on here as the law of averages

From our point of view then no photos at all equals a no reply. If you have body photos (not expecting public face pics) then we will have a look and if we like will chat and if we don’t we’ll send a reply anyway to say you’re not for us.

So adding photos might get you a meet but will put you in front of all the guys with no visible photos.

We’re not trying to upset single guys just trying to give an idea of how couples think. Understanding how some couples think goes a long way towards being successful on Fab. "

Appreciated

Better hit the gym then.

By *entleman Blue EyesMan
over a year ago

Saffron Walden

I actually really appreciate the conversation you've initiated here, thanks OP.

And I did read on one of the comments about not really appreciating the time required to create a presence and have a rewarding time on Fab as a single guy. I certainly struggle with the investment required what with business, health, family and non fab friends.

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

I will only show my face to a select few on here so that's why its private

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

My public pictures show individual pieces of me.

Friend only pictures show more and complete the picture.

Saying that it is up to the owners of the profile to do with it what they want. Just because x does something it doesn’t mean y should too.

over a year ago

I have 2 photos attached on here, one public body pic and one private face pic.

Why?

Well I always see how ladies don’t wanna look at a profile full of cocks. I also have a life away from fab and don’t wish the world to see my face. If the conversation is going well, and Iv seen your face pic, il send mine over, occasionally il add it direct to message.

So, no I won’t have a public face pic on here, and I don’t wanna upload photos of my cock to not get anywhere.

If/when I get a meet, if we hVe a picture taken I’d upload it (with permission) but otherwise all I’m selling is my cock and not my undoubted unique personality

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I will only show my face to a select few on here so that's why its private "

For everyone just scanning this thread. We are NOT expecting anyone to have public face pics. We agree face pics are private.

over a year ago

It’s not the case it only to see who’s really interested in you to ask to see your pictures as the same goes for women

By *anJXMan
over a year ago

Warrington

Double standards on here

over a year ago

I prefer to be asked if someone can see my pics after chatting

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

"I will only show my face to a select few on here so that's why its private

For everyone just scanning this thread. We are NOT expecting anyone to have public face pics. We agree face pics are private. "

why should it matter if someone has private pic's people are always complaining that the lads have 2 many cock pics up so i just keeps most of them private for friends only

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I prefer to be asked if someone can see my pics after chatting"

But you have public photos ! We’re NOT talking about face pics .

over a year ago

However.

Its very tough as a guy on here and not at all good for your self esteem. The only real measure on control you have is over who sees your pics, so I choose to show them to who I want seeing them. "

Couldn't have put it better myself

By *atcherwankerMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Two questions:

1. What makes you think single men's friends only pictures are body/penis shots?

2. What makes you think single men can't afford to be picky?

By *orl1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Two questions:

1. What makes you think single men's friends only pictures are body/penis shots?

2. What makes you think single men can't afford to be picky?"

Not sure if those questions are directed at us as OP but will answer.

1. We understand single guy friends only pics may not be body/dick pics but our point is, for some couples, you’ll never get far enough to be friends without some PUBLIC pics to grab attention.

2. Single guys can be picky. That’s their right if they wish. But to be picky you have to show you have something someone should be interested in. With zero visible pics how can anyone tell if there will be any form of physical attraction to your body at least ?

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

However.

Hear here!

over a year ago

I currently have no pics on show and it doesn't seem to be holding my fab life back still get meets still get messages still have a good time and the complex reason for me not having any pics is I just haven't bothered re uploading any since last time I got bored and deleated them

over a year ago

You know what they say about assuming

I no longer have any visible photos on my profile because right now I’m choosing not to. They are in friends only and that’s my choice.

Assume what you want about me but I know the truth and I never feel the need to explain it to anyone. If someone jumps to conclusions then that isn’t my issue

over a year ago

"I prefer to be asked if someone can see my pics after chatting

But you have public photos ! We’re NOT talking about face pics . "

My friends photos are very varied…teasing artistic shots, face pics, dick pics (good ones at that), ass pics…

Why would I choose to give someone full access to all of that straight away it doesn’t make sense.

Whenever I have an explicit pic on my public it’s for forum purposes depending on threads

over a year ago

Simple, I don't need public pics to engage or get meets, do fine without.

over a year ago

I am married and don't want my wife or girlfriend, or side chick finding out.

Post new Message to Thread