Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Advice wanted re clubs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all,

I’ve recently signed up to membership for a local club and hope to attend in the near future. (I won’t say which as I’m not advertising for company or fishing for attention).

This will be my first time attending and was just seeking some advice/reassurance.

I’ll be going alone and am just hoping to get some advice on how to feel safe while exploring a new experience.

Thanks in advance.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is exactly what puts me off attending one. I’m anxious at the best of times.

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Tell them you are new. They will look after you. I go often on my own

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Hi all,

I’ve recently signed up to membership for a local club and hope to attend in the near future. (I won’t say which as I’m not advertising for company or fishing for attention).

This will be my first time attending and was just seeking some advice/reassurance.

I’ll be going alone and am just hoping to get some advice on how to feel safe while exploring a new experience.

Thanks in advance. "

No need for nerves. They're really comfortable with newbies and will show you round and introduce you to other newbies. Remember, there's no pressure to do anything.

over a year ago

"This is exactly what puts me off attending one. I’m anxious at the best of times. "

Glad I’m not the only one lol

Hopefully this will help us both

over a year ago

"Tell them you are new. They will look after you. I go often on my own"

Thank you, that’s helpful. I guess it’s the first step off the diving board (so to speak)

over a year ago

"Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

No need for nerves. They're really comfortable with newbies and will show you round and introduce you to other newbies. Remember, there's no pressure to do anything. "

Thank you I guess that’s part of the issue, how to say no

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

No need for nerves. They're really comfortable with newbies and will show you round and introduce you to other newbies. Remember, there's no pressure to do anything.

Thank you I guess that’s part of the issue, how to say no "

Owners will always be on the look out for idiots who don't take the hint. Enjoy yourself!

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

"Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Thank you I guess that’s part of the issue, how to say no "

Saying no is easy. No thanks! It's my first time and I just want to see what it's all about

I think you should get a tour and chance to ask any questions when you arrive. I often do the newbie tours at my local club and happily answer questions however many they ask. Then i introduce them to some regulars. I tend to keep an eye on them through the evening and check in that they're OK. When I go to a club alone, I often hover near the bar and chat to staff initially.

over a year ago

"Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Saying no is easy. No thanks! It's my first time and I just want to see what it's all about

I think you should get a tour and chance to ask any questions when you arrive. I often do the newbie tours at my local club and happily answer questions however many they ask. Then i introduce them to some regulars. I tend to keep an eye on them through the evening and check in that they're OK. When I go to a club alone, I often hover near the bar and chat to staff initially. "

Thank you that’s really helpful

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

I think you should get a tour and chance to ask any questions when you arrive. I often do the newbie tours at my local club and happily answer questions however many they ask. Then i introduce them to some regulars. I tend to keep an eye on them through the evening and check in that they're OK. When I go to a club alone, I often hover near the bar and chat to staff initially. "

Yep, got this at my first club too. The staff want you to have a great time

By *JcouplemidlandsCouple
over a year ago

Peak District

It is natural to be nervous, we were when we first went and admittedly we went as a couple so I guess that was a bit easier. In all honesty, within minutes of going in the nerves had gone. Like someone else said above, make it known that you are new/nervous and you will be looked after.

Post new Message to Thread