Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Ghosting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else found themselves spending hours chatting to an enthusiastic individual, only to find they've discovered someone more exciting the next day and they're not interested any more?

Obviously to be expected, but it seems the more effort you put in the less you get back. No better than I remember tinder being lol.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Try not to be disheartened, unfortunately it happens quite often. Just concentrate on the people who want to chat and potentially meet

By *merald Eyes XWoman
over a year ago

Can you find me….

Yep and it’s not nice… we’re all adults no need for playground games…

By *etshavesumMan
over a year ago

camberley

Unfortunately very common on here

over a year ago

"Yep and it’s not nice… we’re all adults no need for playground games… "

I guess people get desensitised and forget it's another person they're messing around with...

over a year ago

"Unfortunately very common on here "

And other sites too... Not mentioning names lol

over a year ago

It's pretty crap. Two guys I had a social scheduled with cancelled then ghosted me recently. It's why I'm not meeting. I've had enough!

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

"It's pretty crap. Two guys I had a social scheduled with cancelled then ghosted me recently. It's why I'm not meeting. I've had enough!"

What sort of clown shoe wearing bozo ghosts you?

Their loss.

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"Anyone else found themselves spending hours chatting to an enthusiastic individual, only to find they've discovered someone more exciting the next day and they're not interested any more?

Obviously to be expected, but it seems the more effort you put in the less you get back. No better than I remember tinder being lol."

Yes pretty common on here. That’s why I mostly go to clubs

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

"Anyone else found themselves spending hours chatting to an enthusiastic individual, only to find they've discovered someone more exciting the next day and they're not interested any more?

Obviously to be expected, but it seems the more effort you put in the less you get back. No better than I remember tinder being lol.

Yes pretty common on here. That’s why I mostly go to clubs "

Same here. Clubs and social events are a way to find the real folk. Not saying there are not real folk on fab, you just gotta wade through the time wasters and dreamers to find them.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I think it's happened to most of us, when they come back to you in future, remember not to let them in to do it again.

over a year ago

"It's pretty crap. Two guys I had a social scheduled with cancelled then ghosted me recently. It's why I'm not meeting. I've had enough!

Their loss."

Lol. Thank you

over a year ago

Being Ghosted is awful, not only is it a waste of time; but it’s confusing, especially when you have no idea why? and at times takes an emotional an mental toll on you. I had to take a break because of it.

By *J GeminiTV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

It happens quite a lot.

When they find out they can't shag you without a bit of effort, then it's game over and they move on.

It's to be expected,

Xx

over a year ago

A couple of times

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I can spend weeks chatting to people then they go quiet. I've found women to be worse than men/couples on that front.

over a year ago

"Being Ghosted is awful, not only is it a waste of time; but it’s confusing, especially when you have no idea why? and at times takes an emotional an mental toll on you. I had to take a break because of it. "

This is the trouble, I get when someone's not interested or you don't connect, but when you've been having great conversation and they decided to ignore you, it makes it harder to try again next time.

over a year ago

"I can spend weeks chatting to people then they go quiet. I've found women to be worse than men/couples on that front."

Too much choice I think!

By *ssexSwitchMan
over a year ago

hornchurch

Yes this happens a lot on here. It even happened after meeting for a drink. Everything went well kiss at the end etc. and then vanish. I completely understand if I’m not their type but just say. I think the problem on here is people always think there is someone better.

By *ess King tvTV/TS
over a year ago

KING'S LYNN

Obviously to be expected, but it seems the more effort you put in the less you get back. No better than I remember tinder being lol."

Treat them mean keeps them keen!

over a year ago

"Yes this happens a lot on here. It even happened after meeting for a drink. Everything went well kiss at the end etc. and then vanish. I completely understand if I’m not their type but just say. I think the problem on here is people always think there is someone better. "

I think you're probably right. I've had guys meet me, we had a fab time, then they ghost. Started to wonder what was wrong with me.

By *G85Woman
over a year ago

Harrogate

Happens to us all unfortunately

Learning not to take it too personally helps and I just think well if they were that fickle they won't have been much fun

By *ligible GentMan
over a year ago

Wilmslow

Yep, pretty depressing! Oh well…on to the next one!

over a year ago

It's not unusual at all happens to me loads

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Hasn't happened yet in all my time on here but I guess at some point it will x

By *iggyStarjumpsMan
over a year ago

Stockport

You lot are chatting with people on here??

By *zlakMan
over a year ago

Norwich

Has happened to me a few times, doesn't bother me now is what it is. Move on

By *zlakMan
over a year ago

Norwich

"You lot are chatting with people on here??"

No! We are replying to comments on a forum.

over a year ago

"Being Ghosted is awful, not only is it a waste of time; but it’s confusing, especially when you have no idea why? and at times takes an emotional an mental toll on you. I had to take a break because of it.

This is the trouble, I get when someone's not interested or you don't connect, but when you've been having great conversation and they decided to ignore you, it makes it harder to try again next time."

Yep, in my particular instance. This individual told me I was one of her “best” (her words, not mine I promise LOL). Literally asked me to come and meet her, then…block on social media. Totally fucked with my head.

over a year ago

"

Yep, in my particular instance. This individual told me I was one of her “best” (her words, not mine I promise LOL). Literally asked me to come and meet her, then…block on social media. Totally fucked with my head."

Mate I feel for you, no logical explanation most of the time. Such a disappointment

By *merald Eyes XWoman
over a year ago

Can you find me….

"Yep and it’s not nice… we’re all adults no need for playground games…

I guess people get desensitised and forget it's another person they're messing around with..."

I think after 8 months I deserved more respect! X

By *merald Eyes XWoman
over a year ago

Can you find me….

"Being Ghosted is awful, not only is it a waste of time; but it’s confusing, especially when you have no idea why? and at times takes an emotional an mental toll on you. I had to take a break because of it. "

Very true x

By *AABMan
over a year ago

Not far

"It's pretty crap. Two guys I had a social scheduled with cancelled then ghosted me recently. It's why I'm not meeting. I've had enough!

Their loss."

I know I don’t get it myself. Inconceivable is just lovely.

over a year ago

Almost as bad as been blocked without chatting to the person who blocked you

over a year ago

Their loss.

I know I don’t get it myself. Inconceivable is just lovely."

Oh thank you very much. I expect someone better/easier etc came along.

over a year ago

"Almost as bad as been blocked without chatting to the person who blocked you"

Is that aimed at me?

over a year ago

"Almost as bad as been blocked without chatting to the person who blocked you

Is that aimed at me? "

Christ no, definitely not aimed at anyone in particular, was just a statement that's all, definitely no offence meant towards anyone

over a year ago

"Almost as bad as been blocked without chatting to the person who blocked you

Is that aimed at me?

Christ no, definitely not aimed at anyone in particular, was just a statement that's all, definitely no offence meant towards anyone"

Oh ok. It's just we live near each other. I can understand it's off putting when you don't know why you're blocked. I've been blocked and don't know why!

over a year ago

Fem A here we just experienced this yesterday. Cpl arranged to meet, had FF phone call which was chatty and we both laughed and then they sent us a video explaining they were happy to come to ours with btl wine and chat with no expectations of anything. A time was arranged. 45mins before they were due a message sent to us saying they would be with us 30mins earlier than planned, fine we were OK then 15mins before they are due message to say she had cold feet. Then they unfriended & nothing.

Now we are not under any illusion this happens but why not be honest and give the respect to us that we gave them. We are all adults after all.

Feels like a slap in the face, but highlights the downside of Fab.

Today is another day, onwards and upwards. X

over a year ago

"Fem A here we just experienced this yesterday. Cpl arranged to meet, had FF phone call which was chatty and we both laughed and then they sent us a video explaining they were happy to come to ours with btl wine and chat with no expectations of anything. A time was arranged. 45mins before they were due a message sent to us saying they would be with us 30mins earlier than planned, fine we were OK then 15mins before they are due message to say she had cold feet. Then they unfriended & nothing.

Now we are not under any illusion this happens but why not be honest and give the respect to us that we gave them. We are all adults after all.

Feels like a slap in the face, but highlights the downside of Fab.

Today is another day, onwards and upwards. X"

The vagaries and unpredictably of recreational sex!

over a year ago

thick skin is needed to be on here ...no body owes anybody anything ... the word ghosting should mean moaning if the convo goes dead then thats just because the other person has ran out of wanks or quire simply lost interest ...real ghosting on here i suspect is quite rare amongst for those who meet often and can spot fakes within no time

over a year ago

Thats the way the cookie crumbles..

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

You do need a thick skin on here. Last time I was in Cov I arranged some fun for the next morning with my other half and four guys.

All well verified guys. All experienced in playing in a group. All chatty, but not going down the wank fodder chat route.

Of the four only one turned up. Of the other three only one bothered to message with a (really shit) excuse. The others just never bothered to message again.

One even had the cheek to post a meet that night and specified “no time wasters please”

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

"Yep and it’s not nice… we’re all adults no need for playground games…

I guess people get desensitised and forget it's another person they're messing around with..."

Hats off to you, so true and a problem with the Internet full stop, hence keyboard aggression which sees arguments take off rapidly over seemingly trivial issues.

over a year ago

Has this happened to me in real life about October time .

Met him on traditional dating sites, we really got on. I spoke to him for a few weeks and I even arranged a day out for us . He told me I was his ‘bestie ‘ and that he felt he was punching above his weight etc.

Met him for a coffee ( before the day out) and he said ‘ wow you look exactly like your pictures ‘

Went in the pub and he never looked me in the eye once. I felt like I was job interviewing him just to make conversation. Awful .

I wasn’t sure i was mis reading it so we hugged and left.

He sent me one message when he got home saying ‘ the wind has blown my shed roof off ‘ and I literally never heard a word from him again. He was online and on messenger . Didn’t even read my message after.

I deleted his number the next morning and moved on, but that bothered me more than having sex with someone and then getting ghosted . At least I can understand that.

Still bothers me to this day

over a year ago

Yep

By *eardsandboobsCouple
over a year ago

glastonbury festival

It can be hard on here for us to keep messages flowing. People we like we always try and move them to a better messaging place like what’s app. We get hundreds of messages daily and trying to keep the good ones flowing is difficult. And with the way messages work in here one from someone you are chatting to can easily get lost amongst the rest. And by the time you realise the spark has gone .

By *otwifeHusbandCouple
over a year ago

Dorset

"Yes this happens a lot on here. It even happened after meeting for a drink. Everything went well kiss at the end etc. and then vanish. I completely understand if I’m not their type but just say. I think the problem on here is people always think there is someone better. "

This is so true x

Hotwife

over a year ago

Does my fucking head in!

The few replies i get that seem really promising almost all end this way.

Really annoying when people who approach you ignore you.???

Saying no thanks is polite if you instigated the chat and decide not to continue

By *urious_couple_ukCouple
over a year ago

South Cambs

Exactly. Is it really that hard to say “no thanks” before you move on! Just be a grown up FFS! Though it does make me wonder if it’s something more shady behind it ; a man pretending to be couple/married man/effing great liar!

over a year ago

When you get ghosted it really can make you wonder what is wrong with you, as others have said. I mean a simple thanks but no thanks doesn't take a second, or does it?

It really can affect your mental health especially when you have had a c*ap time in the past or even just a bad day in your private life. After all we are all human and adults on here, aren't we?

over a year ago

Ghosting is symptomatic of a society that turned people into a commodity. It's all too prevalent on normal dating sites. I didn't know what it was at first and was really annoyed. Now I expect everyone to do it so I don't give a damn but I still think it is bad form.

By *unbeamsMan
over a year ago

Alnwick

Unfortunately there are many fake accounts and timewasters. Some people get a kick out of wasting others time. Due to the fact that women get so many messages I kind of expect them to be chatting to several others, so chances are that they will go off with someone else. People can be very shallow and just ghost you!

By *ouple3334MFCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

For all the bad comments single men get on here we found finding that experience to be easy plenty of offers and plenty of genuine people! Like most on here it’s women we’ve experienced this happening most with

over a year ago

Unfortunately I’m being ghosted now , oh well.

over a year ago

Its terrible to feel especially if someone close but iv learned sometimes people feel its the only way to protect themselves or someone they care about even tho they are wrong

By * F 2018Couple
over a year ago

shropshire

Yes its horrible, happened a few times. But hey ho , moving along

By *issyfaggotfayeTV/TS
over a year ago

Bolton

Yeah, convinced me they were the keyholder I needed so I ended up in a cock cage and within 2 days they done a disappearing act

over a year ago

It definitely happens OP.

Just think you dodged a bullet if they are that type of person

By *onnie 90Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I can spend weeks chatting to people then they go quiet. I've found women to be worse than men/couples on that front."

Agreed. I generally suspect that said women are actually men using fake accounts.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I got ghosted exactly three years ago to the week. It turns out she got another guy. Why she couldn’t just tell me. It’s not like we were dating properly.

How do I know all this. Because she’s turned up again. Contacted me out of the blue. Guess what. It didn’t work out. Lol.

By *ardinal FangMan
over a year ago

Sandy

Happened to me just yesterday.

We’d been chatting for a bit, she said she was still interested in meeting and suggested a couple of places. I replied and she deleted.

Followed up today with when I was free (just in case it was a mistake) and deleted again.

Forget and move on is the thing to do, just bloody annoying.

By *ingdangTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

I had similar experience with a guy that I have been chatting for long time. He said he would come to mine on Tuesday, then on Monday he said he would be busy and want to move the meet to Saturday. Fine I thought, then he never type a long message any more, always reply with short answers. Undoubtedly, on Saturday, he ghosted on me. I guess it’s all nicely planed from Monday they moment he canceled the first meet. Why not just be honest then?

I sent him a final message saying that u r a dishonest person, and then I blocked him.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

It happens all too often, but that's life - they don't have to talk if they don't want to.

I just wish them all the best and hope they have a happy life.

By *emptusboth777Couple
over a year ago

oxford

Its definitely more common than you think on here, which is frustrating and annoying in equal measure

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Has happened a few times, You can see it coming ! They change the tone of chat and then Boom Your blocked lol, Just move on..

Post new Message to Thread