Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Story behind your tattoos?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Tattoos seem a popular discussion point on here, great to see

What is the story behind the tattoos you went for? Do they have personal or symbolic meaning?

You cannot see all mine but I have two full sleeves, black and grey. They attract a lot of stares in real life as not sort of thing you often see. Left arms contains Pagan tattoos, right arm Hindu. They are two spiritualities I am closest to, that is why I have them.

In future will get a phoenix with some flames on my chest, reperesenting me continuously getting back on my feet despite multiple life challenges thrown at me since a little boy. Need something for my late Nan too.

Look forward to story behind yours

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Mine zodiac sign has many meaning and I've learnt in general how close I am to my sign so chose this as for another a symbol of true love a ribbon,bow and cloud.as the saying goes every cloud has a silver lining.shame things didn't go through but I know that person is kicking themselves.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Most of mine are to remind me of family members who died, and I also have tattoo souvenirs from places I visited, I have a Geisha done by a chap in Japan, a rune done in Iceland, a monkey from a monkey sanctuary in South Africa, Polish poppy amongst others. I do have a couple of indulgent ones though.

By *c0ttyxxMan
over a year ago

Cheshunt, Hertfordshire

My right sleeve is just a mixture of stuff for my family.

My left sleeve is pirate themed.

All of my right leg is Ancient Egyptian themed, always been fascinated by them.

By *RSTCouple
over a year ago

S. Northants

Mine are all very personal elements, some of which will mean nothing to anyone else.

DR x

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

I have 6 small tattoos -

Back of neck

Front of my right shoulder

Both inner arms

Both feet

All of mine have initials in or around them for my nephews, mum, sister, gran and grandad

My inner arms are angel wings with a p and a g inside them for my grandparents who I lost in October last year

My shoulder has a D beside a hummingbird - I chose my shoulder for my nephew as that’s where he can rest his little head when tired or upset, or I’d hoist him onto my shoulders when he needs carried

One of my feet has a A next to a butterfly - this is for my elder nephew, he is very creative and free spirited so I find the butterfly is a representation of him being able to spread his wings

My other foot has a L and E inside a Polynesian swallow - for my mum and sister as a swallow is seen as protection of family

My neck has an M beside a different swallow design - this is for my grandmother as she was the head of our family and symbolised hope and happiness

Xx

By *9Karm69Man
over a year ago

plymouth/chesterfield

I have a facial portrait of my late son on my shoulder blade and a message to his passing on the back of my neck, in which intruges barbers when getting my hair cut as they pull down my collar that bit further so they can read upon what it says

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

I only have one small semi colon on my right wrist that is a constant reminder to me that my story isnt over yet no matter how hard things get.

By *xfordjohnMan
over a year ago

Oxford

My only tattoo currently is a Manchester bee which I had done immediately after the Manchester Arena bombing to show solidarity with one of my favourite cities where I lived some time ago, and still visit.

over a year ago

Most of mine are to do with family but strangely enough the one that means absolutely nothing to me is my favourite.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Only got my first when I turned 50. Partly in memory of my mum who passed away a few months before but mostly as a symbol to myself of a new found determination to start supporting myself rather than putting others first all the time.

It was to show the circle of life with paths as yet untravelled.

I added to it a couple of years later to show my continuing journey.

over a year ago

I think the tattoos in memory of loved ones are definitely profound and comforting, thank you for sharing

over a year ago

Mine all have meaning but too many to mention

over a year ago

I have a few.. full tribal sleeve on my left arm and across my shoulder blades(it was fashionable at the time!) Other sleeve is all music related - album sleeves and so on.. smashing pumpkins, ratm, pixies, Radiohead, cure, James Depeche mode, stone roses, primal scream.. also have our wedding song lyrics on my pec by my heart. Fucking romantic or what?!

M

over a year ago

to me remind me worst things have happened at sea

ever listen to the drop kick murphys rose tattoo?

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

My biggest piece on the top of my arm is in tribute to my partner who passed away …

over a year ago

I have a couple of Chinese symbols on my forearm as it makes ordering my favourite takeaway a lot easier.

over a year ago

One is my star sign and one is a depiction of a winged man deep in thought

over a year ago

Trip to rome, angel statues on pont d st angelo, manchester bombing and sanskrit for breathe xx

over a year ago

I don’t have any.

Story being, I’m a big scaredy-cat lol

over a year ago

First was a chameleon as that’s the club where I began my journey.

Then I had my butterflies and flowers as they were so feminine. A kind of point of no return to remind me I simply had to follow my dream and be true to myself.

over a year ago

My arm tells a story from good points in my life

By *aughty GilfCouple
over a year ago

bishop area

My bum tattoo is a Celtic cross my tattoo on my mound is ying yang with two dolphins intertwined my lower back are two star signs in dot work and the one between my breasts is white filigree that you only see in the sun

My next tattoo I have designed myself it's a dandelion when it goes to seed and a few are branching away they will carry my daughter's names and the stem will carry my birth coordinates

over a year ago

Sounds like a lot of symbolic and personal meaning from all here, instead of just going with a current trend in tattoo designs

By *oson-BlueCouple
over a year ago

North Kent

I have two tattoos, one of a praying cherub to honour the babies I lost in pregnancy.

The other one is a butterfly with my boys names around it.

I always like to think of tattoos having meaning rather than just getting a tattoo if that makes sense but each to their own they’re not harming folk, some are bloody amazing

Ms

By *oson-BlueCouple
over a year ago

North Kent

"I have a facial portrait of my late son on my shoulder blade and a message to his passing on the back of my neck, in which intruges barbers when getting my hair cut as they pull down my collar that bit further so they can read upon what it says "

My friend has a portrait of her late son on her arm, some of his ashes were also put in, it’s absolutely beautiful

I’m sorry for your loss

Ms

over a year ago

I have over 30, some have 'meanings', some I just like. Mostly the type that tattoo snobs shudder at.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

On one foot I have "he had the strength to endure the unendurable" a quote from Patti Smith, and on the other foot "shine on you crazy diamond". They are a tribute to my husband who died of cancer age 50. We were married 25 years.

over a year ago

"I have over 30, some have 'meanings', some I just like. Mostly the type that tattoo snobs shudder at. "

I think that everyone who gets ink for whatever reason be that personal or just aesthetic shouldn't have to think on the opinions of others. My left chest, bicep and shoulder blade are tribal that I had done over 20 years ago. Had my first 2 tattoos done in 1988 that were womens faces and within the last 4 years have started again but this time with Japanese. Left hand done, throat, neck, lower left sleeve, full right sleeve which has now been blended into my right chest, right shoulder and into my neck tats. Booked in to start a back piece which will be a geisha in 4 weeks time. So have what you like, whether they have meaning or not, I love all of mine even the " bad ones " that the so called tattoo snobs may scoff at. Keep at it people, it's personal to some, adornment to others but to me someone's tattoos will always be interesting

over a year ago

I'll put a warning on here just incase nobody wants to hear about baby loss...

I have a few. They're all my favourites but the one of my ribs has the deepest meaning.

"I'll walk through hell to meet you in heaven"

I got it after a termination that I didn't know if I honestly wanted to go through. That time in my life was hell. It was traumatic, severely traumatic. The care in the hospital was not empathic which added to the trauma. The disregard of how much pain I was in, the emergency removal with no pain medication whilst being held down felt like I was in a horror film. This was all done under NHS care too. I felt like I was in some sort of medieval era . Infection after infection whilst trying to recover at home, I'd say I had more than a handful of Dr's and consultants do a home visit because I was so ill. The extreme lack of concern from the male, the lack of compassion and the hurt of his words still rip through me like a sharp knife.

So, I have clawed through utter hell - I still do. But it will all end peacefully some day.

Anyway. I've got that off my chest. Time to hang the washing and pretend it all didn't happen

By *oson-BlueCouple
over a year ago

North Kent

"I'll put a warning on here just incase nobody wants to hear about baby loss...

I have a few. They're all my favourites but the one of my ribs has the deepest meaning.

"I'll walk through hell to meet you in heaven"

I got it after a termination that I didn't know if I honestly wanted to go through. That time in my life was hell. It was traumatic, severely traumatic. The care in the hospital was not empathic which added to the trauma. The disregard of how much pain I was in, the emergency removal with no pain medication whilst being held down felt like I was in a horror film. This was all done under NHS care too. I felt like I was in some sort of medieval era . Infection after infection whilst trying to recover at home, I'd say I had more than a handful of Dr's and consultants do a home visit because I was so ill. The extreme lack of concern from the male, the lack of compassion and the hurt of his words still rip through me like a sharp knife.

So, I have clawed through utter hell - I still do. But it will all end peacefully some day.

Anyway. I've got that off my chest. Time to hang the washing and pretend it all didn't happen "

That sounds awful I feel for you, have you had any professional help with this??

No matter how a baby is lost nobody should be made to feel that way.

Hugs to you xxx

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I've got a few for friends that have passed, my sons name, my birth month flower and others just because I liked them.

By *aughtyloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

Prison gang

By *ryant2018Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

MUFC emblem

50’s Pin up for Lisa

Angel for my passed daughter

And beauty and beast Japanese piece is part therapeutic part imagination

By *hisCharManMan
over a year ago

South Manchester

Band album cover

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster

over a year ago

Mine is of a she wolf

She gives me courage and reminds me that I’m untameable

over a year ago

"I have over 30, some have 'meanings', some I just like. Mostly the type that tattoo snobs shudder at.

I think that everyone who gets ink for whatever reason be that personal or just aesthetic shouldn't have to think on the opinions of others. My left chest, bicep and shoulder blade are tribal that I had done over 20 years ago. Had my first 2 tattoos done in 1988 that were womens faces and within the last 4 years have started again but this time with Japanese. Left hand done, throat, neck, lower left sleeve, full right sleeve which has now been blended into my right chest, right shoulder and into my neck tats. Booked in to start a back piece which will be a geisha in 4 weeks time. So have what you like, whether they have meaning or not, I love all of mine even the " bad ones " that the so called tattoo snobs may scoff at. Keep at it people, it's personal to some, adornment to others but to me someone's tattoos will always be interesting "

over a year ago

"My only tattoo currently is a Manchester bee which I had done immediately after the Manchester Arena bombing to show solidarity with one of my favourite cities where I lived some time ago, and still visit."

I too have a bee for the same reason, my daughter & I had they done together

Post new Message to Thread