Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

BB - Why is it so frowned upon?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've noticed a lot of people on here a very very anti-bareback and very pro condoms, but if both parties are tested on the day of or day before, whats really the issue...?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Testing on the day means nothing. You’d need to be tested over 6 months and not have sex that whole time. Some STi’s take months to show up.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Testing on the day means nothing. You’d need to be tested over 6 months and not have sex that whole time. Some STi’s take months to show up. "

Common knowledge some people lack of understanding

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I look after my own health and wouldn't trust anyone but my partner, without a condom.

If people go bare with you, they probably do with others too, it's naive to think otherwise.

As said above, not all sti's show up immediately, so you could still catch something.

If it's what you like, fair enough,but you have to appreciate it won't be for all.

Be upfront and honest and those who are the same will find you.

By *implynaughty1Couple
over a year ago

stockport

The real issue is that you should only do bare back with your gf or bf some thing's should be kept for yourself and the risk of STDs x

By *implynaughty1Couple
over a year ago

stockport

"Testing on the day means nothing. You’d need to be tested over 6 months and not have sex that whole time. Some STi’s take months to show up. "

By *ue and robCouple
over a year ago

ware

You've got to save something special for your partner let alone it could be a death sentence

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple
over a year ago

Neath valley.

"You've got to save something special for your partner let alone it could be a death sentence "

This^^^Hiv still exists.

over a year ago

Many people worry about STDs and careless people spreading them. Which is a sensible and wholly valid concern. But I think there is also an inflated fear about the prevalence, transmissibility, and severity of STDs. Bad ones are obviously out there, including HIV, but given the number of sexual active people in the UK, and number of infections, the chances of catching a bad one are very low. Many can be solved by antibiotics. So ultimately it comes down to how much risk you're willing to accept. Either standpoint show be accepted, regardless of which side of the fence you sit.

Honestly and regular testing is vital though. If you play bare the great, but it is your duty to tell new sexual partners you do so they can decide if they want to continue.

There is a also pregnancy to think about, but tbh no one really seems to. On BB threads the talk is always STDs, and I don't think anyone asks about birth control on a meet, I've certainly never been asked. Xx

over a year ago

"Many people worry about STDs and careless people spreading them. Which is a sensible and wholly valid concern. But I think there is also an inflated fear about the prevalence, transmissibility, and severity of STDs. Bad ones are obviously out there, including HIV, but given the number of sexual active people in the UK, and number of infections, the chances of catching a bad one are very low. Many can be solved by antibiotics. So ultimately it comes down to how much risk you're willing to accept. Either standpoint show be accepted, regardless of which side of the fence you sit.

Honestly and regular testing is vital though. If you play bare the great, but it is your duty to tell new sexual partners you do so they can decide if they want to continue.

There is a also pregnancy to think about, but tbh no one really seems to. On BB threads the talk is always STDs, and I don't think anyone asks about birth control on a meet, I've certainly never been asked. Xx"

On a place like this, where interactions are mainly on a casual basis, would you really expect to be?

over a year ago

"Many people worry about STDs and careless people spreading them. Which is a sensible and wholly valid concern. But I think there is also an inflated fear about the prevalence, transmissibility, and severity of STDs. Bad ones are obviously out there, including HIV, but given the number of sexual active people in the UK, and number of infections, the chances of catching a bad one are very low. Many can be solved by antibiotics. So ultimately it comes down to how much risk you're willing to accept. Either standpoint show be accepted, regardless of which side of the fence you sit.

There is a also pregnancy to think about, but tbh no one really seems to. On BB threads the talk is always STDs, and I don't think anyone asks about birth control on a meet, I've certainly never been asked. Xx

On a place like this, where interactions are mainly on a casual basis, would you really expect to be?"

Asked about birth control? Xx

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

HPv and herpes can’t be tested for apart from a smear test for hpv every few years

over a year ago

"

Asked about birth control? Xx"

Yes

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

"I've noticed a lot of people on here a very very anti-bareback and very pro condoms, but if both parties are tested on the day of or day before, whats really the issue...?

"

Your obviously very neive

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

"I've noticed a lot of people on here a very very anti-bareback and very pro condoms, but if both parties are tested on the day of or day before, whats really the issue...?

"

pregnancy would be a fairly big issue, would I be right in saying that.

over a year ago

"

Yes"

Well, if they're having bare sex with me then I'd have thought so. But apparently not xx

over a year ago

"

Yes

Well, if they're having bare sex with me then I'd have thought so. But apparently not xx"

Don't you think there would be the assumption that a woman who indulges in casual sex would be taking responsibility for that?

over a year ago

"

Yes

Well, if they're having bare sex with me then I'd have thought so. But apparently not xx

Don't you think there would be the assumption that a woman who indulges in casual sex would be taking responsibility for that?"

Yes I suppose so, but it's interesting that it is a 100% assumption xx

over a year ago

"

Yes

Don't you think there would be the assumption that a woman who indulges in casual sex would be taking responsibility for that?

Yes I suppose so, but it's interesting that it is a 100% assumption xx"

Perhaps a guy would expect to be told if she wasn't taking any form of birth control

over a year ago

As long as two consenting adults do it, there is nothing ethically wrong with it, unless you have unplanned pregnancy.

So I wouldn't call it wrong. But I would call it stupid. As someone said above, it may not show up in results immediately. Plus how hard do you think it is, to fake a test result? In the end, you are having sex with a stranger. But the most stupid part of it is the risk reward ratio. Some diseases are life threatening and some affect you for your entire life. All this risk for what? So that you will feel better sexually for just a few minutes?

By *ortherner81Man
over a year ago

Lancashire

"

Yes

Yes I suppose so, but it's interesting that it is a 100% assumption xx"

I’d always ask, or have some sort of discussion beforehand - and that’s even with using condoms. No one likes surprises.

But get it would be her choice to tell me or not.

And, like self reported lateral flow results, easy to not tell the truth.

By *oirinMarkusCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands and West London

Interesting views on pregnancy and birth control. I don't think men ask women, and tbh if a guy asked me during a meet I think I'd be suspicious that he was angling for a bareback "Well you're on the pill/coil/implant/injection etc, so why can't we bareback? And whoops I didn't say when the condom came off..."

I also would say it's a dangerous assumption to think women are on birth control! And one which would cost men money in USA for the following abortion (if she wants one).

over a year ago

All of the points regarding STIs etc have been made above I think. But for some it may be to do with a level of intimacy that they don't want with a one off or casual partner.

By *hloetTV/TS
over a year ago

Nottingham

The problem with threads like this is they will always be filled with pc posts. In reality I think BB happens more than threads like this suggest. It comes down to personal choice and circumstance.

Personally I save it for relationships because it makes the sex that more intimate. X

By *tirling DarkCouple
over a year ago

Stirling

This

Treated enough STDs in the 80's

Post new Message to Thread