Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How hard can it be x

Jump to newest

By *OTWIFE34gg OP   Couple
over a year ago

newcastle

Honestly cannot believe how hard it is to arrange a meet! Where are we going wrong? Please help

Tried to arrange a guy for straight mfm at the weekend. All them we have been talking to funnily went very quiet! Hotel was booked and all they had to do was turn up and make it happen!

In the end the trains were cancelled but it’s so hard!

Rearranging for March 5th in York, serious people only please as we are a bit fed up now x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ady C and Mr TCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

Same here. Simple mfm but guys who message us don't read our profile, then when we think we've found a good one they go quiet when we invite then around.

We get offers from random 'I can be there in 5.', but we want a guy we can chat to and feel comfortable with, but it seems they don't want to make an effort.

Men. Gah.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Honestly cannot believe how hard it is to arrange a meet! Where are we going wrong? Please help

Tried to arrange a guy for straight mfm at the weekend. All them we have been talking to funnily went very quiet! Hotel was booked and all they had to do was turn up and make it happen!

Rearranging for March 5th in York, serious people only please as we are a bit fed up now x"

I'd jump at the chance to meet you both. Some odd people out there

over a year ago

newcastle

"Same here. Simple mfm but guys who message us don't read our profile, then when we think we've found a good one they go quiet when we invite then around.

We get offers from random 'I can be there in 5.', but we want a guy we can chat to and feel comfortable with, but it seems they don't want to make an effort.

Men. Gah."

Exactly, they are full of it until it’s show time and nothing. Then 5 days later a reply “sorry just seen this” when it’s been read 6 days ago ! So many time wasters. So upsetting, this is our 3rd attempt now. Starting to get sick

over a year ago

Aw damn I’m sorry to hear that it

I’ve had it happen to me and it’s an awful experience especially when it’s all booked and on the day everything goes quiet.

I hope you have a fantastic unforgettable meet next time to make up for it

over a year ago

"Honestly cannot believe how hard it is to arrange a meet! Where are we going wrong? Please help

Rearranging for March 5th in York, serious people only please as we are a bit fed up now x"

^

This is why I only meet within walking Distance!!!

^

This is why I don't get meets

over a year ago

newcastle

Rearranging for March 5th in York, serious people only please as we are a bit fed up now x

I'd jump at the chance to meet you both. Some odd people out there "

Sorry for being short

but the guy needs to read our profile and if you don’t qualify then don’t get in touch.

over a year ago

Sorry for being short

but the guy needs to read our profile and if you don’t qualify then don’t get in touch. "

I have read and understand. It was more a compliment than a reason to be short

over a year ago

newcastle

"Aw damn I’m sorry to hear that it

I’ve had it happen to me and it’s an awful experience especially when it’s all booked and on the day everything goes quiet.

I hope you have a fantastic unforgettable meet next time to make up for it "

Thanks and not to long so we will see

over a year ago

newcastle

^

This is why I only meet within walking Distance!!!

^

This is why I don't get meets "

By *uksungCouple
over a year ago

wednesbury

This has happened to us before. We had been on here a while and had a couple of meets (spur of moment). Then when we thought we were getting the hang of it we arranged to meet a guy locally, he let us down. We then attempted to arrange a second for the same night and then they vanished. Jen was all dressed and looked sexy as hell so we just jumped into bed.

over a year ago

Make the guy pay for the hotel, soon stops the timewasters

By *rad670Man
over a year ago

South Lakes

I can't beleive couples are finding it hard to get a meet, I also can't beleive guys are bottling it after all the moaning blokes do about not getting meets and what a waste of time the site is. I've been here just over a year, 90% of the better chats and reliable meets have been with couples, why do guys not recognise that? You can never be totally sure someone will turn up until the night, I've had cancellations, most being beleivable reasons and always with notice, I only ever had one no show and it was a horrible feeling after all the build up. Hopefully it hasn't put you off but made you more aware of how to spot time wasters.

over a year ago

So many time wasters on here.. They msg then when it comes to meeting, swapping numbers you get ghosted... Why waste people's time? Really annoying

By *oobyHotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Thurrock

Sadly lots are only on here for wank fodder, they like the chase arranging a meet, the thought they could do stuff if they wanted but the reality is it's never their intention

I genuinely believe this site would be better if there was a monthly subscription as it would get rid of a lot of the fantasists

over a year ago

"Sadly lots are only on here for wank fodder, they like the chase arranging a meet, the thought they could do stuff if they wanted but the reality is it's never their intention

I genuinely believe this site would be better if there was a monthly subscription as it would get rid of a lot of the fantasists "

Totally agree! Amount who won't even pay a fiver to watch a vid and beg to be sent it! Probably same sort who expect a meet to pay for the coffee or a cab for them.

over a year ago

Sorry for being short

but the guy needs to read our profile and if you don’t qualify then don’t get in touch. "

What guy? The comment you replied to?

over a year ago

"Same here. Simple mfm but guys who message us don't read our profile, then when we think we've found a good one they go quiet when we invite then around.

Men. Gah.

Exactly, they are full of it until it’s show time and nothing. Then 5 days later a reply “sorry just seen this” when it’s been read 6 days ago ! So many time wasters. So upsetting, this is our 3rd attempt now. Starting to get sick "

Full of it how? You do sex chat?

They had a wank over the fodder you supplied. No need to meet.

By *egoMan
over a year ago

Preston

I honestly don’t get it.

Yet these folks are the ones that know how to get that far.

I’m sure there’s so many good, genuine guys out there just being constantly overlooked due these wasters.

I mean I get cold feet, mood changes etc. but still have good comms, will probably still meet if it’s arranged. I’ll just ‘act’ but book a time/location and that’s that, see you soon. I have integrity.

over a year ago

"I honestly don’t get it.

Yet these folks are the ones that know how to get that far.

I’m sure there’s so many good, genuine guys out there just being constantly overlooked due these wasters.

I mean I get cold feet, mood changes etc. but still have good comms, will probably still meet if it’s arranged. I’ll just ‘act’ but book a time/location and that’s that, see you soon. I have integrity. "

good guys getting over looked ? thats because they are not whats wanted by those looking...

bad guys ruin it for themselves so called good guys need to stop blaming other's for themselves getting no where ..

over a year ago

not sure how long you've been swinging op but we find after 28 years the fakes and messer's are fairly easy to spot ...but its getting harder for sure because of the sheer volume of men joining ...we are so lucky that we know plenty of guys from over the years who are just a phone call away ...

it will get harder because most of those new guys joining now are here for a sly wank then add to that that more women and couples are no longer meeting via the site or worse leaving ..we know of 5 local couples who have left since xmas ...

over a year ago

It certainly then makes it harder for us single men that do want to meet and would turn up, as the confidence in single men is gone. Sorry to hear about the no shows - what fools they are

over a year ago

Its so hard i normally have over 100 people looking but no one chats to me xx

By *elshman78Man
over a year ago

South Wales

Nowt as strange as folk

over a year ago

Unfortunately it happens to us all.

over a year ago

Just one of the reasons we don't meet from this site anymore.

We basically just use the site for the forums now.

We just use clubs, so much less organising and far less time consuming.

over a year ago

It's not just this site it's every site. Been happening for time now it's so annoying. I've got a few local friends now who were meant to be meets but the excuses went on for that long we've ended up long term message buds. Anxiety is a big causer of the ghosting, not saying it's ok but maybe they want to meet but loose the confidence when it's time to play. Shame for everyone involved.

over a year ago

I have only met in couple for a social and hopefully it leads to more.

I would always turn up and go halves on the hotel or even pay.

Hope York works out for you.

By *eardsandboobsCouple
over a year ago

north of lincoln

Your profile may put off a lot of the guys you want to meet . It’s all very negative. I got to about number 6 and switched off. The only people you will attract are those looking for a quick shag if you are nearby and Ones that won’t bother reading anything. Those that do read and message are probably also ones you won’t want to meet as they will say they will climb through hoops to meet you. You need to find the guys in the middle ground that will respond to a positive profile and be happy to wait to meet.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

"Your profile may put off a lot of the guys you want to meet . It’s all very negative. I got to about number 6 and switched off. The only people you will attract are those looking for a quick shag if you are nearby and Ones that won’t bother reading anything. Those that do read and message are probably also ones you won’t want to meet as they will say they will climb through hoops to meet you. You need to find the guys in the middle ground that will respond to a positive profile and be happy to wait to meet. "

I agree. I doubt the OP would want to meet us but if they did it'd be a hard pass with that list of demands. It's all demands and nothing about what you're offering to potential meets.

over a year ago

newcastle

"This has happened to us before. We had been on here a while and had a couple of meets (spur of moment). Then when we thought we were getting the hang of it we arranged to meet a guy locally, he let us down. We then attempted to arrange a second for the same night and then they vanished. Jen was all dressed and looked sexy as hell so we just jumped into bed."

Not a good feeling as we have been there

over a year ago

We now look for verifications or recommendations or forget it.

We will often arrange a social with two or three short listers knowing at least one but probably two will drop out.

Then we arrange a hotel date but keep the option to cancel the room.

It shouldn’t be this hard you are right.

Lots of wankers seeking reassurance that they can still pull whilst their wife isn’t looking we think.

over a year ago

newcastle

"Sadly lots are only on here for wank fodder, they like the chase arranging a meet, the thought they could do stuff if they wanted but the reality is it's never their intention

I genuinely believe this site would be better if there was a monthly subscription as it would get rid of a lot of the fantasists "

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"Your profile may put off a lot of the guys you want to meet . It’s all very negative. I got to about number 6 and switched off. The only people you will attract are those looking for a quick shag if you are nearby and Ones that won’t bother reading anything. Those that do read and message are probably also ones you won’t want to meet as they will say they will climb through hoops to meet you. You need to find the guys in the middle ground that will respond to a positive profile and be happy to wait to meet.

I agree. I doubt the OP would want to meet us but if they did it'd be a hard pass with that list of demands. It's all demands and nothing about what you're offering to potential meets. "

Totally agree

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Invite me round and I'll help you look.

over a year ago

newcastle

"Your profile may put off a lot of the guys you want to meet . It’s all very negative. I got to about number 6 and switched off. The only people you will attract are those looking for a quick shag if you are nearby and Ones that won’t bother reading anything. Those that do read and message are probably also ones you won’t want to meet as they will say they will climb through hoops to meet you. You need to find the guys in the middle ground that will respond to a positive profile and be happy to wait to meet. "

Very negative due to the amount of guys messaging that we simply don’t want, tried both ways and this one is reducing a full inbox of chancers. Thanks for the advice and will look at changing it

By *MCMan
over a year ago

London/EA

Jeez, know it’s bad when it’s not a single male posting a thread like this.

Hope you have better luck in the future OP.

By *ostguy321Man
over a year ago

high wycombe

There are a large number of weird guys out there who ruin it for the rest. Totally bizarre really as the chance to meet with hot couples and women is what the rest of us really want to do.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Sorry to hear you've been messed around and let down.never understand why people do this when an opportunity to enjoy some quality time fulfill some fantasies and obviously connect with like minded people sexually,socially and possibly grow into something regular basis if all very much enjoyed.but is shocking especially when folk have made time spent money all for nothing.

over a year ago

newcastle

"Your profile may put off a lot of the guys you want to meet . It’s all very negative. I got to about number 6 and switched off. The only people you will attract are those looking for a quick shag if you are nearby and Ones that won’t bother reading anything. Those that do read and message are probably also ones you won’t want to meet as they will say they will climb through hoops to meet you. You need to find the guys in the middle ground that will respond to a positive profile and be happy to wait to meet.

I agree. I doubt the OP would want to meet us but if they did it'd be a hard pass with that list of demands. It's all demands and nothing about what you're offering to potential meets.

Totally agree "

There are a lot of folk out there who could improve their profiles !!

over a year ago

newcastle

I agree. I doubt the OP would want to meet us but if they did it'd be a hard pass with that list of demands. It's all demands and nothing about what you're offering to potential meets. "

We all must have some no’s and don’t likes as do you, not a lot either in the way of what you guys bring to a meet. But thanks and we have and are looking g to improve ours

By *oobaaMan
over a year ago

South Shields

Its not just single men though. had a meet set up with a couple and I `d paid for a hotel room for the night. An hour before they were due they went silent on me.

Next day they displayed a new veri.. I knew I d been bumped for someone else and thought it pretty shit they didnt have the guts to tell me.

Couple of weeks later I got the same message asking if I was interested in meeting...talk about being thick

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Happens to us all! It's very frustrating.

By *astesLikeMagicWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

Single guys think other profile types find it easy to meet bc single guy profiles are ten a penny but finding a diamond in rough; it's just a hard to find a successful meet

By *uo4uCouple
over a year ago

lincs

There is alot of timewasters on here and just like the thought of meeting up to have sex but are too wuss to go thru with it.

over a year ago

Totally agree

over a year ago

newcastle

"There is alot of timewasters on here and just like the thought of meeting up to have sex but are too wuss to go thru with it."

over a year ago

Seems to be even harder now, just rejoined after a sabbatical and to be honest it seems worse than when i left, even just a coffee meet with someone like minded is hard to ask

By *weetHotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

We only play at Chams,PDI or Socials unless with long standing play mates. Face to face with " real people " not some waster who goes no further than the keyboard.

By *ilthyfuntimezMan
over a year ago

Watford

It’s such a shame to read this. So many couples being let down..

meeting for a coffee or a bit of lunch first is a good idea, if they won’t meet for that they won’t meet. I like to do this early on as it shows I’m genuine/want to meet and that they are aswell. I prefer too meet couples nowadays, as the lady will always feel safe with hubby around...

If you rather the stranger/nsa side of things make them book the hotel

if any couples near Bucks London or Home Counties want to meet with a genuine reliable man. Just say hi...

By *layful HarlequinMan
over a year ago

uxbridge

Happening to everyone else too unfortunately. Plus a lot of fake accounts with strange people. Hopefully you can get something sorted soon. Good luck

over a year ago

Very negative due to the amount of guys messaging that we simply don’t want, tried both ways and this one is reducing a full inbox of chancers. Thanks for the advice and will look at changing it "

Have you considered setting filters so you can't receive messages from men, then doing the searching and initial contacting of men who do match what you're looking for?

Reduces the amount of messages you receive and helps reduce the feelings of frustration as you only speak to those you target?

By *iss_Cali_xxCouple
over a year ago

Herne Bay

I mean, we're fairly new to this scene, 6 months or so in, but we've not had this happen so far. We've arranged 7 meets in total, 6 all happened as planned, and 1 couldn't go ahead due to covid. I don't think we necessarily do anything specific in choosing the guys, so not sure what to suggest, but want to give hope to those loosing it, there are decent, reliable single guys out there.

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Make the guy pay for the hotel, soon stops the timewasters"

This

over a year ago

"Make the guy pay for the hotel, soon stops the timewasters

This"

That's actually a good idea

over a year ago

Friday and Saturday, if nothing has been arranged earlier, most people will have ffs had a couple of beers, then come 2am or silly o'clock, it's all "who can travel, we are pissed and wired" ffs

over a year ago

newcastle

Very negative due to the amount of guys messaging that we simply don’t want, tried both ways and this one is reducing a full inbox of chancers. Thanks for the advice and will look at changing it

Have you considered setting filters so you can't receive messages from men, then doing the searching and initial contacting of men who do match what you're looking for?

Reduces the amount of messages you receive and helps reduce the feelings of frustration as you only speak to those you target? "

We have thanks but something many still get through

By *pertureTV/TS
over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

I think there are 3 main reasons it happening more frequently.

1. people are still scared of socialising due to coronavirus.

2. lockdowns mean lots of people discovered the site through boredom, and have no intention of ever meeting, but like to have a hand shandy online.

3. people increasingly living online as opposed to the real world.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I am really bad at arranging meets in person, mainly due to commitments at weekends (football). Also I order club meets anyway safer for all parties

over a year ago

"Make the guy pay for the hotel, soon stops the timewasters

This

That's actually a good idea "

No don't do it. A couple profile may be a man wanking and no intention of meeting. Or a couple who just like to take the piss out of men and won't meet.

You could be stuck with a hotel room on your own.

over a year ago

Success rate with single guys on Fab is just 20%

We had 26 no shows in 2 years , when we started. It's total waste of time.

Your best bet is the clubs if you are looking for mfm .

Good luck

By *i_guy_sloughMan
over a year ago

Langley

I really don’t understand the time wasters, there is far too much fun to be had why mess around?

Personally I insist on a social meet up before any hotels get booked to make sure everyone is real and to check if we think everything will work as far as chemistry goes.

I have had fun with quite a few couples and singles and rarely go straight to a sex meet straight away.

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Reduces the amount of messages you receive and helps reduce the feelings of frustration as you only speak to those you target? .

We have thanks but something many still get through "

If you have blocked men how can they still get through?

By *rivervaderMan
over a year ago

bolton

I keep trying but can’t even get a reply message

over a year ago

It would also exclude genuine people who can’t afford a monthly subscription.

over a year ago

I genuinely believe this site would be better if there was a monthly subscription as it would get rid of a lot of the fantasists

"

It would also make people even more entitled and assume they paid for sex.

By *uzy050TV/TS
over a year ago

Bolton

I Tend to set up First meets in a Club , that way all the efforet does not entirely go to Waste if they are a No Show , as there will be others around perhaps to Socialize with , however not really had any meets in Clubs since Pre Pandemic X

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"

If you genuinely can’t afford the cost of membership then the reality is that you probably also can’t afford to travel to a meet, pay for a hotel or attend a club.

I actually have membership filters turned on so only people who have paid can actually message me. Gives you the same effect as a subscription block.

over a year ago

newcastle

Reduces the amount of messages you receive and helps reduce the feelings of frustration as you only speak to those you target? .

If you have blocked men how can they still get through?"

We have blocked men !! Don’t be daft, just the ones out of our age limits !!

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

If you have blocked men how can they still get through?

We have blocked men !! Don’t be daft, just the ones out of our age limits !!"

Ok so it seems to me that the issue you are having is that you are choosing the wrong people.

An earlier comment on here pointed out that it is relatively easy to spot the fakes if you have been on here for a while. I am pretty good at ing out the fake couples and I tend to have relatively few no shows. For me the tone and way people speak on messages is very indicative of whether they are genuine or not. Veris matter - who they are from and how they are written too.

over a year ago

I understand the frustration but as a single man, I wouldn’t pay for a hotel up front without at least a social meet first. As others have said on this post, a couples profile could be a man thinking it’s funny to wind other men up. Clearly not you OP. I do treat this site with a pinch of salt even though I’ve been here a short time, I’m gradually working out the time wasters and fantasists. If someone won’t even meet for a quick social coffee or drink then they are either fake or married and on here without their partners knowledge.

over a year ago

We've ended up with a hotel room and no meet for pretty much the opposite reason - couple we've been chatting to let it get all the way to Tuesday before getting all annoyed "you didn't tell us your husband would be there".

I kind of get how difficult it might be for single guys meeting a couple as I feel the same about meeting a couple alone but just going "radio silent" on people is not the way to deal with nerves I agree.

I've now got 4 guys coming to the hotel apparently but I know I'll be lucky if one turns up.

It will be a be a busy evening if they all do but I'll be brave and do my best lol.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Why do people rush for hotels before a social it would make more sense

over a year ago

I think a lot on here think it’s a sexy Facebook rather than a sex site. Honestly so many time wasters.

Went to a club on my own recently I know I’m not a looker or anything but don’t think I’m too bad. But nothing. People seemed to be more interesting in chatting and drinking. I wanted action lol

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

"Why do people rush for hotels before a social it would make more sense"

this..or at least OP do you video chat with them first at least?

If someone cant video/have a social first then that's an easy way to filter out the fakes

over a year ago

I totally agree that would be ideal but with kids, work, studying, etc. I have to use what little time I have for swinging to play rather than get dressed up and find a sitter for a social.

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

It's happened to me too, they didn't turn up

over a year ago

newcastle

"We've ended up with a hotel room and no meet for pretty much the opposite reason - couple we've been chatting to let it get all the way to Tuesday before getting all annoyed "you didn't tell us your husband would be there".

I kind of get how difficult it might be for single guys meeting a couple as I feel the same about meeting a couple alone but just going "radio silent" on people is not the way to deal with nerves I agree.

I've now got 4 guys coming to the hotel apparently but I know I'll be lucky if one turns up.

It will be a be a busy evening if they all do but I'll be brave and do my best lol.

"

You will defo be busy if they all do turn up. So is it best to try and arrange, or get contact details for a few!! Knowing that most won’t show ? Xx

over a year ago

newcastle

Preference I suppose, as we are more looking hotel fun then they leave, not to fussed with knowing the person before. As we are not after a relationship with the person. Suppose you could call it Posh dogging ha ha

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

We only meet guys in a club on a casual basis so cant comment on their reliability but we've been stood up by a few couples in our time. Single guys get the sticky end of the stick largely because they're in the vast majority so the let-down incidence is higher.

If we were to arrange a hotel meet with a guy we wouldn't dream of asking him to pay for the room up front. That just stinks of a scam.

The hotel meets with couples we've had have all been part of a weekend away somewhere we actually wanted to visit. That way, if it falls through, we still had a nice weekend. Same with club visits. Managing your expectations and having contingencies is important on dating / swinging / hook up sites.

over a year ago

newcastle

"We only meet guys in a club on a casual basis so cant comment on their reliability but we've been stood up by a few couples in our time. Single guys get the sticky end of the stick largely because they're in the vast majority so the let-down incidence is higher.

If we were to arrange a hotel meet with a guy we wouldn't dream of asking him to pay for the room up front. That just stinks of a scam.

The hotel meets with couples we've had have all been part of a weekend away somewhere we actually wanted to visit. That way, if it falls through, we still had a nice weekend. Same with club visits. Managing your expectations and having contingencies is important on dating / swinging / hook up sites. "

over a year ago

"Why do people rush for hotels before a social it would make more sense

Preference I suppose, as we are more looking hotel fun then they leave, not to fussed with knowing the person before. As we are not after a relationship with the person. Suppose you could call it Posh dogging ha ha "

Socials aren't only for those looking for a deep meaningful connection, as many others have said they're a great way of ing out the fantasists and let downs. No-one says you have to date them.

You say its "posh dogging", my understanding is you take your chances with who turns up on the night with dogging, so surely it would be the same approach doing it in a hotel rather than just a field? As big and brave as many men like to sound, the actual reality of turning up to the hotel room of a random couple you've never met will be daunting. As keen as they are many probably will chicken out at the set up at the last minute. Many single guys have been stood up, ghosted, catfished, even assaulted when trying to meet couples. I'm sure many have the best intentions, and they should always cancel rather than ghost, but I can see their side of the scenario too.

Unfortunately the current set up doesn't seem to be working for you. The choices are to either change the way you conduct meets and see if that brings better success. Or continue exactly as is and accept the consequences.

over a year ago

newcastle

Preference I suppose, as we are more looking hotel fun then they leave, not to fussed with knowing the person before. As we are not after a relationship with the person. Suppose you could call it Posh dogging ha ha

Socials aren't only for those looking for a deep meaningful connection, as many others have said they're a great way of ing out the fantasists and let downs. No-one says you have to date them.

You say its "posh dogging", my understanding is you take your chances with who turns up on the night with dogging, so surely it would be the same approach doing it in a hotel rather than just a field? As big and brave as many men like to sound, the actual reality of turning up to the hotel room of a random couple you've never met will be daunting. As keen as they are many probably will chicken out at the set up at the last minute. Many single guys have been stood up, ghosted, catfished, even assaulted when trying to meet couples. I'm sure many have the best intentions, and they should always cancel rather than ghost, but I can see their side of the scenario too.

Unfortunately the current set up doesn't seem to be working for you. The choices are to either change the way you conduct meets and see if that brings better success. Or continue exactly as is and accept the consequences. "

Positive criticism, like it xx thanks

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

This sadly happens to us guys too.

Spend ages chatting arranging to meet for coffee and then get.stood.up or,talk to someone for ages get ghosted.

Its one of the reason I all but have given.up on the whole scene

By *inkyfuckery69Couple
over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

Out of 22 socials arranged only 1 couple showed up , thats 21 no shows .

We feel your pain .

over a year ago

If you genuinely can’t afford the cost of membership then the reality is that you probably also can’t afford to travel to a meet, pay for a hotel or attend a club.

I actually have membership filters turned on so only people who have paid can actually message me. Gives you the same effect as a subscription block."

I’ve met a few genuine people who can’t afford to pay a monthly subscription, plus as Outsider said, it would make some even more entitled.

I personally don’t feel it’s the way forward.

over a year ago

Unfortunately the current set up doesn't seem to be working for you. The choices are to either change the way you conduct meets and see if that brings better success. Or continue exactly as is and accept the consequences. "

over a year ago

"Out of 22 socials arranged only 1 couple showed up , thats 21 no shows .

We feel your pain . "

Were the socials with men or couples?

Do you do sex chat or send pics before you arrange the social meets?

over a year ago

When I first started on here I was 21 and found I really enjoyed the experienced, verified guys who would always at the very least postpone and continue communicate with me if they couldn't make a meet.

After a necessary but frustrating 5 year break (can't just send the kids to nanny now they are teens) I've come back to find out I'm a milf/cougar apparently and I've rather embraced the Mrs Robinson theme but had to accept that with the younger guys the vast majority won't turn up but I understand it isn't personal so no hard feelings etc.

On Friday I've made very sure that one of the guys is likely to turn up (37 verifications and hot Viking look :P) so that I can have the mfm I really want. If the other two guys take the chance and turn up the dynamic will be a lot less relaxed but still great fun so it's a win/win for me without having to worry so much that I'll get all dressed up and excited for nothing

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I actually have membership filters turned on so only people who have paid can actually message me. Gives you the same effect as a subscription block.

I’ve met a few genuine people who can’t afford to pay a monthly subscription, plus as Outsider said, it would make some even more entitled.

I personally don’t feel it’s the way forward. "

I can understand that and I do agree with Outsiders point as well.

over a year ago

newcastle

"Out of 22 socials arranged only 1 couple showed up , thats 21 no shows .

We feel your pain . "

By *ocktoplaywithMan
over a year ago

Derby

I truly don’t get this. Seems bizarre not turning up to the one thing you’re probably on here for

By *est book everMan
over a year ago

out of town

Have had a few couples msg me on here but the idea of another bloke playing isn't something I have ever thought about or intend thinking about. I just want meets with women.

Even so so.e women let us down or when I've turned up there's 5 blokes hanging around, which I didn't.

Let's hope for happy safe meets in future.

over a year ago

I think this site is getting difficult for meets.

This is my thought. Younger people are joining and some of the older reliable ones are leaving.

It is frustrating though cause of the time taken to arrange.

I hope you find someone decent X

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/02/22 13:40:22]

By *oupleexeter30Couple
over a year ago

Exeter

We always seem to arrange meets with timewasters. Last night we had 3 guys confirmed for 730/8 meet and they all went quiet. All messaged today saying something came up can we arrange again lol Once we find a few guys who we can rely on for regular fun we'll never message a single guy again!

By *ani8408TV/TS
over a year ago

Greenfield

Wow you're stunning if you have trouble getting a meet what hope do the rest of us have.

By *haggydogMan
over a year ago

Brooklands/London

It's getting silly. I rarely message anybody here these days. But did arrange a meet for last Friday with someone I've been chatting to for over a year.

Everything was set. And then.....silence.

I'm assuming other sites are much the same?

By *atsausageMan
over a year ago

CHICHESTER

Wow how could they turn you down ... Yummy all over

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

We find it easier to not make plans and stick to the clubs. Made some great friends and had some great times without the risk or waisted time or energy.

By *umbriaman1962Man
over a year ago

outside of penrith

[Removed by poster at 03/02/22 14:06:50]

By *umbriaman1962Man
over a year ago

outside of penrith

I late 50s so long time since first dipped toes in this fun life style with long since ex. When we first started it was contract mags and po boxs. Then as you had to write letter send pic wait a week or more for a reply there was no time wasters as you had to send your address to mag to get replies. Yes it was slow but never one time waster.

By *est book everMan
over a year ago

out of town

It's fine if there's a club nearby. I moved from civilisation to North Wales and there's nothing there since penmaenmawr closed.

Obviously I am new to the scene and looking to broaden my horizons. I may be interested in a MMF but without the male contact, they can watch but I would have to be so comfortable with them first.

By *ams12345Man
over a year ago

london

If anyone is interested I’m available lol

over a year ago

I've just joined the back of the queue, it's at Penzance currently.

over a year ago

Same here, I've been trying to meet a couple for a really long time but it doesn't ever seem to happen

over a year ago

"Same here, I've been trying to meet a couple for a really long time but it doesn't ever seem to happen "

Meet us

over a year ago

Wish I'd get the opportunity I would let a couple down even if I had to drive 100 miles

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple
over a year ago

Neath valley.

Its either they are all talk and no action or they get abusive over not being what you are after. Thats why we only meet cpls now. Hope you get a meet finaly sorted OP.

over a year ago

"If anyone is interested I’m available lol"

Me too but probably won’t show up x

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Same here, I've been trying to meet a couple for a really long time but it doesn't ever seem to happen "
try meeting a one that will definitely happen

over a year ago

"Same here, I've been trying to meet a couple for a really long time but it doesn't ever seem to happen try meeting a one that will definitely happen "

Huh?

over a year ago

Preference I suppose, as we are more looking hotel fun then they leave, not to fussed with knowing the person before. As we are not after a relationship with the person. Suppose you could call it Posh dogging ha ha "

This would be and the Mrs prefrence to

By *actilenorfolkgentMan
over a year ago

Norwich

I've been stood up a few times, assumed it just happened to us men as we seem 10 a penny on here

By *layTimeEssexCouple
over a year ago

Stansted

Sorry to read of everyone's problems and feel the pain. It is why we really focus on people who have a few recent veris showing they actually meet. Even that it is not foolproof but it helps and lots of people out there couples, male and female who do make plans and stick to them. It is tough on people just starting out with no veris but our swinging time is limited and we don't have time to mess around.

By *erandSir2020Couple
over a year ago

Telford

Unfortunately fab is full of fantasist. We prefer to meet at clubs for that reason. For men in particular, I think it's hard because often people specicify VWE and things. It's a real condifence issue for most men. I don't understand it myself, size isn't testament to how good they are or if you'll have any connection at all.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Unfortunately Fab is full of fantasists. We prefer to meet at clubs for that reason. For men in particular, I think it's hard because often people specify VWE and things. It's a real confidence issue for most men. I don't understand it myself, size isn't testament to how good they are or if you'll have any connection at all. "

Fab is full of fantasists it's true. From my experience, after using this site for the last 10 years, I've been let down many times by couples and single ladies, but I can honestly say I have not once failed to show for a meet.

I didn't find the club scene to be single guy friendly, sorry

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman
over a year ago

Naughty Lane

It's almost impossible to meet genuine,fan people on here.most of them full of shit and daydreamers. That's just my experience anyway .tease and then miraculously dissapear. So many couples say they want to meet unicorns. Well...im right here... it just doesn't work the way we want I suppose. So I ended up giggling and talking shit on forums.

By *layful HarlequinMan
over a year ago

uxbridge

It's almost impossible to meet genuine,fan people on here.most of them full of shit and daydreamers. That's just my experience anyway .tease and then miraculously dissapear. So many couples say they want to meet unicorns. Well...im right here... it just doesn't work the way we want I suppose. So I ended up giggling and talking shit on forums. "

Lol same here works for me

over a year ago

It's the main reason we got rid of our couple account. Chat on here, exchange numbers, book hotel and then a no show. We now prefer to try our luck on a night out had some success with couples and it is so easy for her to pull a young lad or lads. It makes her feel so good knowing that a size 18 woman nearly 50 can pull a lad in his 20s

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

It’s better to arrange somewhere, where you’re going to be there anyway. So that you’re not financially disadvantaged and timewasted by ‘no shows’. For example, we arrange meets when we’re staying away in hotels for business and only had one ‘no show’.

J

By *ackbydemandMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I've seen your pics, probably intimidated, easily done. If you meet people in a club they have less chance to escape

over a year ago

Our last no show back last summer they even texted to say they had checked in and will meet us in the Bar for a drink. We checked sent a txt to say we are here, no reply tried calling and they had blocked our number

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman
over a year ago

Naughty Lane

It's almost impossible to meet genuine,fan people on here.most of them full of shit and daydreamers. That's just my experience anyway .tease and then miraculously dissapear. So many couples say they want to meet unicorns. Well...im right here... it just doesn't work the way we want I suppose. So I ended up giggling and talking shit on forums.

Lol same here works for me "

I'm good at it.lol

By *layful HarlequinMan
over a year ago

uxbridge

Lol same here works for me

I'm good at it.lol"

And what I like about you to is your not over confident about it…!

By *eavycummerchrisMan
over a year ago

County Durham Area

Sometimes meets are so specific, and I've found a lot of people only want the big cocks and sadly I've found from arranging meets with my old FWB that the ones who say they have big cocks (In our area) are normally full of shit.

over a year ago

Very hard, it's a nightmare all round

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Very hard, it's a nightmare all round "

We let our guard down last week and tried to meet through fab instead of just going to a club, which is our preferred choice. We were chatting with a few who seemed well keen. Guess how many followed through to meet? Yes zero. Clubs all the way

By *andT1970Couple
over a year ago

sw london

Getting so bored of this site,so many timewasters,fakes etc..add to that the Ego's,we're here for fun this is not Social media !!!!

By *teve261970Man
over a year ago

Gateshead

We let our guard down last week and tried to meet through fab instead of just going to a club, which is our preferred choice. We were chatting with a few who seemed well keen. Guess how many followed through to meet? Yes zero. Clubs all the way "

You know I'd never let you down lol.

Steve

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

We've noticed the same thing.

Mrs chatting with guy's all keen saying available anytime.

Suddenly she messages them and a mysterious thing happens to their phones on a Friday miraculously Monday morning the phone is working again!

Or the world ending emergency that came up just turned out to be a false alarm.

Oh how we laughed

By *teve261970Man
over a year ago

Gateshead

"We've noticed the same thing.

Mrs chatting with guy's all keen saying available anytime.

Suddenly she messages them and a mysterious thing happens to their phones on a Friday miraculously Monday morning the phone is working again!

Or the world ending emergency that came up just turned out to be a false alarm.

Oh how we laughed "

I can see. Its just as hard for couples, there's too many timewasters on here unfortunately.

I take pride in knowing I won't arrange a meet if theres a remote possibility i couldn't make it.

I once turned up at a meet an hour late, 10pm instead of 9pm, due to a puncture & traffic. But I rang them & explained I was on the way + they could see the distance between us on the who's near app lol.

We had a good night & a laugh later.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

We let our guard down last week and tried to meet through fab instead of just going to a club, which is our preferred choice. We were chatting with a few who seemed well keen. Guess how many followed through to meet? Yes zero. Clubs all the way "

I let my guard down a couple of weeks ago, accepting the offer of a club meet from a couple while I was staying in Leeds. They were keen to meet me, and all was going well, until a few days before, when something meant they couldn’t make it, so they cancelled on me…..

And then on the actual day, they messaged again to say they could make it after all, and did I have any plans for the evening? I felt like I was a ‘Plan b’ after someone else had let them down…….

That’s the difference with people who use Fab for meets; it’s more personal, as you make a connection before you meet. Clubs people it’s just about filling an evening with anyone really…..

By *harAndBryCouple
over a year ago

nr Stamford

We've just accepted that two out of three won't turn up. We've got enough regular guys now that we don't *need* more, and most of the single guys we play with are at clubs, but we still find the occasional guy that takes Char's fancy.

We don't spend money or time on meets - never book hotels or travel far. Almost always arrange things at home as we know that the chances are against it happening.

Just recently we arranged to meet a guy at home, but turns out he was going to a club same night as us so we said we'd say hello. Didn't turn up at the club, stopped reading our messages and has now hidden his profile. Just don't understand people.

(Bry)

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Loads of fakes on here… but even genuine guys, sometimes find it hard to meet straight away.. I had a message the other day but I genuinely could not meet … but I’ll contact them soon when I can and see what happens ….

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

We let our guard down last week and tried to meet through fab instead of just going to a club, which is our preferred choice. We were chatting with a few who seemed well keen. Guess how many followed through to meet? Yes zero. Clubs all the way

I let my guard down a couple of weeks ago, accepting the offer of a club meet from a couple while I was staying in Leeds. They were keen to meet me, and all was going well, until a few days before, when something meant they couldn’t make it, so they cancelled on me…..

And then on the actual day, they messaged again to say they could make it after all, and did I have any plans for the evening? I felt like I was a ‘Plan b’ after someone else had let them down…….

That’s the difference with people who use Fab for meets; it’s more personal, as you make a connection before you meet. Clubs people it’s just about filling an evening with anyone really….."

Wouldn't say 'Clubs people it’s just about filling an evening with anyone really' as we have made some great friends in clubs and continued the friendship making that connection.Clubs are about meeting people socially and maybe the next time taking things to the next level. We don't find clubs all about turning up to play with just someone to fill our evening. We like to meet respectful people who can hold a conversation and never ever have expectations

By *uckwife69Woman
over a year ago

swansea

Go to a club.... you will definitely get some that way .. however in my experience hubby was left out in the cold a cpl times... I was always given good attention.....

By *ee1967Man
over a year ago

watford

I've tried fir a year

By *ee1967Man
over a year ago

watford

I've tried fir a year

By *lexV16Man
over a year ago

Welling

It’s not that hard for a couple to find single guy here even with a bit of preferences like yours.

While arranging be reasonable, positive and in a good mood.

There is one thing in your profile though that would stop me meeting you. I would not progress to a hotel meet without phone number exchange. But that’s just me

over a year ago

I guess it's just last minute nerves, my first meet was arranged to meet at their hotel, it was all fine when we were chatting on here, but my heart was pounding with nerves walking through that hotel, acting like I was staying at the hotel and knew where I was going and then going into a room with a couple that I've never met before.

I really felt like bottling it last minute, but being a let down felt worse, so luckily I saw it through.

over a year ago

We’ve tried a few times but when it comes to crunch time most disappear. We’ve set up a kik group for potentials where we are both present, and we’ll see how it goes

over a year ago

newcastle

Happened again, weekend just gone

, hotel booked in Newcastle this time, guy blokes us at 8pm on the day of the meet, so arranged a second! We were still waiting at 5am for him to turn up! Said his phone died !!!!!! He knew where we were and where to go ! Starting to hate this site like

By *omRachCouple
over a year ago

Wirral

We were letdown recently for a simple social meet, par for the course I'm afraid.

Yes it's annoying but it's one of the pitfalls of a lifestyle such as this.

By *humper.Man
over a year ago

northumberland/scotland

"Happened again, weekend just gone

, hotel booked in Newcastle this time, guy blokes us at 8pm on the day of the meet, so arranged a second! We were still waiting at 5am for him to turn up! Said his phone died !!!!!! He knew where we were and where to go ! Starting to hate this site like "

I've been on the receiving end if this too, unfortunately. Infuriating. Some of us are reliable though

By *hilled_CplCouple
over a year ago

Chippenham

, hotel booked in Newcastle this time, guy blokes us at 8pm on the day of the meet, so arranged a second! We were still waiting at 5am for him to turn up! Said his phone died !!!!!! He knew where we were and where to go ! Starting to hate this site like "

Eugh, we're looking to arrange our first meet and keeping our fingers crossed we can actually find a reliable guy! Are the folk letting you down people who have been verified previously? Can only imagine how frustrating it is!

By *humper.Man
over a year ago

northumberland/scotland

, hotel booked in Newcastle this time, guy blokes us at 8pm on the day of the meet, so arranged a second! We were still waiting at 5am for him to turn up! Said his phone died !!!!!! He knew where we were and where to go ! Starting to hate this site like

Eugh, we're looking to arrange our first meet and keeping our fingers crossed we can actually find a reliable guy! Are the folk letting you down people who have been verified previously? Can only imagine how frustrating it is!"

350 miles away, unfortunately

By *rnypairCouple
over a year ago

south Yorkshire

We have had pretty much the same lately, three last minute let downs and numerous other guys we have spoken to have gone quiet after saying everything we are looking for in the meet is pretty much what they are looking for.

over a year ago

"We have had pretty much the same lately, three last minute let downs and numerous other guys we have spoken to have gone quiet after saying everything we are looking for in the meet is pretty much what they are looking for."

I wouldn’t let you or anyone else down. I think it’s very rude and bad manners to just chase and drop. Take care and keep trying.

By *irty-pairCouple
over a year ago

South Essex

Comforting (and also frustrating) to know we’re not alone with getting messed around. Even socials are tricky for us to arrange due to limited childcare options, so it’s a real PITA when people go dark on us. We tend to focus on clubs these days; Fab is more about the forums and cams for us now. Shame.

By *ndianLuxCouple
over a year ago

West midlands

Most single guys are attached even though their profile says " can accommodate". Also they are busy most weekends with their own stuff.

They message you promising good time and when the day comes ,they vanish for weeks lol

Best is to stick to cpls and see if the male half wants to play mfm . It helps both ways .

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

Us guys also get messed around so it’s not just a couples thing.

Sadly the world is full of fantasists and clowns.

By *ndianLuxCouple
over a year ago

West midlands

"Us guys also get messed around so it’s not just a couples thing.

Sadly the world is full of fantasists and clowns. "

Exactly.

We believe the best way is to swap the male halves of a cpl for such scenarios. I still wonder why cpls want a guy with single profile? After all, you want is a male for hotwifing, so why not get from a cpls profile.

I am sure many of them would be happy to play such scenarios.

Served both ways . Hotwife and hot husband lol

By *hunkyThighsMan
over a year ago

Gloucester

As someone alluded too it can be incredibly nerve wracking strolling into a pub or alone alone looking around trying to spot your couple to meet. And I can see why people bottle it.

Or they are cheating and their guilty conscience gets the better of them.

If I was feeling nervous I would be forward about it and maybe make arrangements that are more welcoming to those nerves.

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

"As someone alluded too it can be incredibly nerve wracking strolling into a pub or alone alone looking around trying to spot your couple to meet. And I can see why people bottle it.

Or they are cheating and their guilty conscience gets the better of them.

If I was feeling nervous I would be forward about it and maybe make arrangements that are more welcoming to those nerves. "

If you get nervous meeting strangers for sex then maybe you should think about not looking for it.

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I'd be more than happy to meet you guys, but unfortunately I'm over your age limit

over a year ago

newcastle

Eugh, we're looking to arrange our first meet and keeping our fingers crossed we can actually find a reliable guy! Are the folk letting you down people who have been verified previously? Can only imagine how frustrating it is!"

Fingers crossed you guys get a good one

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

OP did you offer him tea & cake as a half time snack?

No man in their right mind would turn both you & that down.

over a year ago

By *Spicey4MeMan
over a year ago

Leeds

, hotel booked in Newcastle this time, guy blokes us at 8pm on the day of the meet, so arranged a second! We were still waiting at 5am for him to turn up! Said his phone died !!!!!! He knew where e were and where to go ! Starting to hate this site like "

WTF, are these men idiots? Either they are bottling it which makes them bigger idiots or aren't actually allowed it meet. It does sound like this sight is being let down by some poor behaviours sadly.

By *lexV16Man
over a year ago

Welling

Few good advice where given here. Not sure you are following any of them. Your profile is still demanding and nothing about what’s on offer from you. Brief summary below, give it a try and good luck.

- Look for verified guys (read their verries and check profiles who left it).

- Get yourself a burner phone and WhatsApp.

Do a call before you arrange hotel etc.

- Be positive and make sure their is mutual interest in the meet rather then just your demands.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

, hotel booked in Newcastle this time, guy blokes us at 8pm on the day of the meet, so arranged a second! We were still waiting at 5am for him to turn up! Said his phone died !!!!!! He knew where e were and where to go ! Starting to hate this site like

WTF, are these men idiots? Either they are bottling it which makes them bigger idiots or aren't actually allowed it meet. It does sound like this sight is being let down by some poor behaviours sadly."

Either that, or this is an attention-seeking thread?

They have a demanding profile, with a narrow band of preferences. Perhaps they should just stick to their webcam shows……?

By *layTimeEssexCouple
over a year ago

Stansted

"Comforting (and also frustrating) to know we’re not alone with getting messed around. Even socials are tricky for us to arrange due to limited childcare options, so it’s a real PITA when people go dark on us. We tend to focus on clubs these days; Fab is more about the forums and cams for us now. Shame."

Yep us to get messed around sometimes. We did message a month ago so if ever you want to swap "getting messed around stories" over a drink let us know

over a year ago

, hotel booked in Newcastle this time, guy blokes us at 8pm on the day of the meet, so arranged a second! We were still waiting at 5am for him to turn up! Said his phone died !!!!!! He knew where e were and where to go ! Starting to hate this site like

WTF, are these men idiots? Either they are bottling it which makes them bigger idiots or aren't actually allowed it meet. It does sound like this sight is being let down by some poor behaviours sadly."

Funnily enough I’ve never had a no show. Yes there’s probably time wasters on here but I would look inwards if it keeps happening!

By *layTimeEssexCouple
over a year ago

Stansted

WTF, are these men idiots? Either they are bottling it which makes them bigger idiots or aren't actually allowed it meet. It does sound like this sight is being let down by some poor behaviours sadly.

Funnily enough I’ve never had a no show. Yes there’s probably time wasters on here but I would look inwards if it keeps happening! "

Some truth to that. Don't think we've had a pure no show as a couple. Many going quiet once try to make arrangements or backing out just before. Generally we focus on people with veris for that reason. Saying that for a single man much more daunting potentially and therefore more likely to back out meeting a couple than a single lady.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Funnily enough I’ve never had a no show. Yes there’s probably time wasters on here but I would look inwards if it keeps happening!

Some truth to that. Don't think we've had a pure no show as a couple. Many going quiet once try to make arrangements or backing out just before. Generally we focus on people with veris for that reason. Saying that for a single man much more daunting potentially and therefore more likely to back out meeting a couple than a single lady. "

I've never failed to make a meet with either a couple, or a single female, after being in here for over 10 years. If I say I'll be there, I will be there.

I have however, been stood up/cancelled on last minute/ghosted by couples and single females a few times, but learned from those experiences to recognize the signs of a tyre-kicker

Post new Message to Thread