Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Is Fabs a busted flush?

Jump to newest

By *ig_time_Charlie OP   Man
over a year ago

Cambridge and London

Playing devil's advocate here, but is Fabswingers just a pale imitation of what it used to be?

Maybe it's me and I'm just jaded from the whole experience but I've been on here a long time with various profiles and I just don't think it's as good as it was.

Seems to be more attention seeking women after likes and not wanting to meet and more time wasting men who piss off the women and make it harder for genuine guys.

Discuss.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think a lot of the time expectations are way too high, some people see it as a guranteed sex site and it's not the case. It's what you make it I guess but I think everyone goes through fazes of being exhausted and wondering why they are still here.

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

OP obviously can’t comment on state of any of your historical profiles but you can’t expect to get anywhere with the current one !! Surely you realise that?!

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I think Fab has changed from the early days but that is as much to do with social media which basically didn’t exist 10 years ago when Fab started.

Personally I think Fab is great but then my use of it has changed as well but you still get to meet great people if you treat the site right.

By *lirtymr_mrsCouple
over a year ago

Stockton-on-Tees

"I think Fab has changed from the early days but that is as much to do with social media which basically didn’t exist 10 years ago when Fab started.

Personally I think Fab is great but then my use of it has changed as well but you still get to meet great people if you treat the site right."

This, people talk differently online than they used to... Also 10 years is a long time, a new younger generation of people are on this site now

I first met people online 20 years ago (including the wife) when it was buletin boards ruling the internet. Communication was different again there too (usually a lot less instant in the replies)

Society evolves, offline and online.

By *lixir of lifeMan
over a year ago

knob Creek

People have moaned about this site for years, usually because they’re not successful..

The biggest change is the peoples attitudes nowadays..

they expect instant sex the minute they join.

Successful people on here build rapport and friendships first ..

over a year ago

Fab is what you make it. Focus on your profile and build friendships with those that match. I think a lot of people definitely have an entitled high expectations mindset…

over a year ago

"Fab is what you make it. Focus on your profile and build friendships with those that match. I think a lot of people definitely have an entitled high expectations mindset…"

This ^^^

I recently made some changes and have made some amazing friends in the process.

You have to remember fab is full of different people looking for different things. Find your tribe

By *lixir of lifeMan
over a year ago

knob Creek

"Fab is what you make it. Focus on your profile and build friendships with those that match. I think a lot of people definitely have an entitled high expectations mindset…"

I used to have a long winded profile..

I now have a short sarcastic one ..

Doesn’t make any difference..In fact I do better with the sarcastic one as it shows I don’t take all this too seriously..

Decent people will always get meets regardless of profile.. personality and respect will always win ..

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"OP obviously can’t comment on state of any of your historical profiles but you can’t expect to get anywhere with the current one !! Surely you realise that?!"

I think it's a pretty good profile, it shows the OP is creative and has a good sense of humour.

over a year ago

"People have moaned about this site for years, usually because they’re not successful..

Successful people on here build rapport and friendships first .."

if people dont like the site they should just leave and let the rest of us enjoy it .

By *lixir of lifeMan
over a year ago

knob Creek

"People have moaned about this site for years, usually because they’re not successful..

Successful people on here build rapport and friendships first ..if people dont like the site they should just leave and let the rest of us enjoy it ."

Well said my friend..

It’s similar to life, it’s what you make it

By *aughty50sCouple
over a year ago

Yorkshire - but we travel a lot

This site has worked fine for us. We moved over from Swinging Heaven, which definitely isn't as good as it used to be 10+ years ago. The chatrooms on there were the best ever.

over a year ago

Sorry but single men are to blame. They are the reason why a lot of couples don’t reply. Of course it isn’t them all, but then the majority don’t read profiles or dive in with friend requests or hassle you every 2 mins because you winked back. So that creates a click, a group of people that stick to those they know. Most of the women on here are men too sadly.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"OP obviously can’t comment on state of any of your historical profiles but you can’t expect to get anywhere with the current one !! Surely you realise that?!"

You are joking? It's a superb profile.

Take no notice OP, well played.

Lady Astor

By *assing Fancies xCouple
over a year ago

Sherwood Forest

Tomayto Tomahto.... some people only interact with the same people on threads... there choice...

Some like to post pics for fabs... there choice...

Some just like to browse and perv... there choice...

People use fab for entirely different purposes... would say its gone down hill just constantly changing. Some new faces and Some that have been here well before alot of us. Not many other sites like this for the price so we'll take the good with the bad and just keep trucking

By *assing Fancies xCouple
over a year ago

Sherwood Forest

"Tomayto Tomahto.... some people only interact with the same people on threads... there choice...

Some like to post pics for fabs... there choice...

Some just like to browse and perv... there choice...

People use fab for entirely different purposes... would say its gone down hill just constantly changing. Some new faces and Some that have been here well before alot of us. Not many other sites like this for the price so we'll take the good with the bad and just keep trucking "

*wouldn't

By *abrina59TV/TS
over a year ago

submissive land

Due to change in circumstances my activity changed.

However I got most from here when was able attend socials & clubs

Met so many wonderful people

By *aked2sumCouple
over a year ago

local

"Playing devil's advocate here, but is Fabswingers just a pale imitation of what it used to be?

Maybe it's me and I'm just jaded from the whole experience but I've been on here a long time with various profiles and I just don't think it's as good as it was.

Seems to be more attention seeking women after likes and not wanting to meet and more time wasting men who piss off the women and make it harder for genuine guys.

Discuss..... "

Think this just about sums it up . More and more unverified profiles , single guys with no pics , woman with fab my pics to fuck me statuses , people not here to meet just use the forums etc. It’s definitely not what it used to be . Don’t think the introduction of most fabbed pics helped

By *ife life moreCouple
over a year ago

Wisbech

I would say for us we get loads that look at the photos and think that we want them or there gods gift 9 times ourlt of 10 theve not read the profile and also I find the ones that send you a message and you dont reply to it but then you get 2 weeks later same message word for word but after filtering the rubbish out there is one every now and then that we have an amazing night with

over a year ago

its simple couples and women find it a sausage fest whiles with men it gets harder and harder as more join ... thats it in a nut shell its a sea of men compared to a pool of couples and women

By *oney orchidWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"OP obviously can’t comment on state of any of your historical profiles but you can’t expect to get anywhere with the current one !! Surely you realise that?!

I think it's a pretty good profile, it shows the OP is creative and has a good sense of humour. "

Agreed! It's hysterical.

By *ensual 2Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

It’s fine for us .. .. had some fantastic experiences over the last few years ... in between the jokers / dreamers and picture collecters

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

This site has has been great for me since I joined did lose some very good friends due to actions of some guys..still here and continue to make some more interesting and intriguing attractive awesome fantastic people and I'm grateful x

By *oppet22TV/TS
over a year ago

huddersfield

I find fab as changed not all bad yes theres lots of new people on now some time wasters but there are lots of genuine nice people on here still it not all about sex some just like to chat it what you want out of site dont be pushy when someone says no there choice lots of men carnt take no as a anser dont except people to meet just cos there on here

By *ig_time_Charlie OP   Man
over a year ago

Cambridge and London

"OP obviously can’t comment on state of any of your historical profiles but you can’t expect to get anywhere with the current one !! Surely you realise that?!

I think it's a pretty good profile, it shows the OP is creative and has a good sense of humour.

Agreed! It's hysterical."

Thank you! Would have messaged you personally to say that but cannot. X

By *ootprints1629Couple
over a year ago

somewhere in moray

I can't comment on what it used to be like but iv heard from many people that it really was a fab site. Personally I think there needs to be more care taken to who are allowed to join maybe some rules such as if you haven't been verified in a year then off you pop...or no attempt to fill in the "will fill later" but been on long enough to have had the time to do it...sight supporters I think is a bog thing to..there definatly need to be big changes and an updated app..thats just my opinion.

over a year ago

problem is how can a site pick and choose why joins or who stays who go's ...they cant and the wont ..

the site has always been male heavy changing the amount wont make a blind bit of difference to who suceeds and who dont i could have 200 guys message and not like one to swing with ... see what im saying so you half that number so i get 100 message's im still left with no one to play with ....

see couples like us who have been swinging for years already have a fist full of friends to turn to for regular fun leaving it even more impossible for most guys and then when we pick another play mate he has to fit what we are looking for as well as his own want's and we never go below what we want because we dont have to because we already have a network of contacts to fall back on..

you'll see it often women saying they cant find a meet only for a guy to say well you must be able to as there are lots of us but they are missing the point if theres no conection or sexual attraction then it dont matter even when there are 100s of men per women...

add in to that that a lot of couples only meet couple or women

then add all the women looking for other women or couples

then add in all the club meets only

then add in all the women and couples not looking to meet and just enjoy the site

also remember alot of women and couples leave the scene because of abuse

then that male to female ratio / percentages / sucess rate really go's out the window..... men have alway and will alway have the rought end of the stick on this scene everything is againts them from the start ...

so to stand out men do have to work harder or pay more to get in to a club but when they get it right then it can become easier for them as some prove on here.. its not all six packs and big cocks alot of the most sussesful guys on here are the dad bods or bigger guys who've got smart and worked it out...

By *ingle fun guyMan
over a year ago

Flexible

Speaking as someone who has veen on Fab on and off for the best part of 15 years it does seem like there is a lot more more hay to find the needles in.

I think that as swinging has become more mainstream there are probably more people on here who like the idea of it more than the reality.

Also it seems like more people are using Fab for another agenda, be it gain more Snapchat or Onlyfans followers or to boost their egos. Society seems more narcissistic now and that is reflected on fab.

That's not to say that there are't some awesome people on here... it's just that they are becoming a smaller percentage of the site.

Post new Message to Thread