FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Do I float your boat? (Free cake or is it clickbait?)

Jump to newest

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

Surely someone else does. I do have a long term partner, here on FAB, but I want to meet and play with new people too.

I want a FWB, is that too much to ask?

Seeing as I've been on FAB for nigh on three years, visited several clubs, got verified, chatted to handful of site members, posted loads of comments, replies and some really clever answers to show, some sort of intelligence; I'm still struggling to make more connections here on FAB. Even meets at clubs go great, mainly chats and laughing, without play. then fizzle out online. or worse still hide their profile as soon as they've FAB'd me. Hmm knock-and-run anyone.

Worst of all is chatting for ages, then arranging a meet, only to get stone walled within at the last minute.

Is being nice, not always a good thing? I'm starting to wonder.

(As I never send out those auto delete messages that everybody hates...WUU2, Fancy a shag? Ding, dong, I'm in your neighbourhood tonight.)

Yes i've heard about some Chinese SARS based virus, that's doing the rounds and has overstayed its welcome.

I have read profiles, updates and thought of something really clever to break the ice with...but no joy.

Anybody got any advice, or have a friend who isn't fussy? LOL

It's annoying to watch my sent messages sit in the tray unread, only to evaporate after 3 weeks.

A bloke could get paranoid on here.

Think of it like this: relationships and jobs make for a successful and happy life when everything goes well.

Send off loads of job applications and get zero responses: loads of sympathy given/keep on trying.

Send off a few carefully written messages and get zero responses: gives up trying. Yes, I know about the 300 odd messages a day all from cock picture avatars.

I really don't know how to break this stalemate.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

try ready the other 3 billion threads about the same thing

over a year ago

sorry reading

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

"try ready the other 3 billion threads about the same thing"

You're not wrong.

Depending where you are in the country, there could be 500 men per single female.

Do the math and you'll find it does not add up! go to clubs and social events. Much better chances than relying on Fab.

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

"try ready the other 3 billion threads about the same thing

You're not wrong.

Depending where you are in the country, there could be 500 men per single female.

Do the math and you'll find it does not add up! go to clubs and social events. Much better chances than relying on Fab. "

Cliques are my worst nightmare.

I have been to about 10 clubs clubs as my single and joint veris have proved, it's then the conversations fizzle out, or I find out a legit reason to end all contact. Or I ask for a veri and that never materialises, for one reason or another.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Id meet you if you were nearer OP.

You seem fun x

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

Thanks.

That means a lot. Us men need compliments too.

Would that be at the Townhouse then?

I was there with my partner nearly two years ago.

Are you the woman with a Colgate smile?

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

You're not wrong.

Do the math and you'll find it does not add up! go to clubs and social events. Much better chances than relying on Fab. "

OK? I've been to these places several times (and done the maths too)

Jaydees

Lux Lounge

and these places not so often

Amigos

Club 29

Nottingham social

Townhouse

Chams

Ab Fab/Kestrels: daytime

Eurekas

Penthouse suite

Crowland Social

Licker & Bicker (will be there on the 28th of this month)

So that's a fair few clubs/socials: so don't accuse me of not trying/trying too hard. Ooh, the irony of it.

I don't like smart phones, as their screens don't like my fingers.

So KIK and the like are out of the question, camming isn't my thing either.

over a year ago

It's maybe the entitled sounding whingeing that's going against you

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

Entitled? No

Stuck at what to do next? Yes

Curious to see if anyone is interested? Definitely

Thinking of different ways of getting noticed ? Yes

Do I know how this site works and fails? Yes

Am I entitled to vent my spleen, like women who get horrible messages do? Yes, free speech works both ways.

Can I write really positive and witty posts? Hell yeah!

Do I take good and original advice? Of course

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

"It's maybe the entitled sounding whingeing that's going against you "

I see that you like dry wit. Have you seen this post?https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1170149#message_28059414

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I think the posting of veris for your couples profile is disingenuous.

I also find your pictures confusing.

HTH

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

I check a profile before i open a messege. I probably wouldn't open it after resding your prifile. You say nothing about yourself but just a list of veris. Veris that you could of written yourself and added to profile. Including making up dates of tests. Means nothing.

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I think the posting of veris for your couples profile is disingenuous.

I also find your pictures confusing.

HTH "

Plenty of others post their veris in their profile like that. That's where I got the idea from. Think of it as an insurance policy if those that have veri'd me as a couple, rather than a singleton, leave the site. Having their positive comments automatically removed

Why are my pictures confusing? There is only one person in most of them, some public some private. Do you want me to add my partner too?

Is it the lack of S/KY remotes, cockshots or is including photos of me, when I put in the effort to dress up for Halloween at the clubs, or post themed pictures when a post suggests them?

Would pictures do you want me to post, that won't confuse you?

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I check a profile before i open a messege. I probably wouldn't open it after resding your prifile. You say nothing about yourself but just a list of veris. Veris that you could of written yourself and added to profile. Including making up dates of tests. Means nothing.

"

Fair point.

I have changed my profile text several times. Sometimes short, sometimes long to see if that would make a difference: it didn't.

So this time around I went for the minimalist approach. Either way, I know that haven't wrote the perfect profile text yet.

As for STI tests, what is the point of taking them, if they are not to be believed?

What is the preferred way of proving this? Would you like me to say results available via a temporary iCash web link?

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"I check a profile before i open a messege. I probably wouldn't open it after resding your prifile. You say nothing about yourself but just a list of veris. Veris that you could of written yourself and added to profile. Including making up dates of tests. Means nothing.

Fair point.

I have changed my profile text several times. Sometimes short, sometimes long to see if that would make a difference: it didn't.

So this time around I went for the minimalist approach. Either way, I know that haven't wrote the perfect profile text yet.

As for STI tests, what is the point of taking them, if they are not to be believed?

What is the preferred way of proving this? Would you like me to say results available via a temporary iCash web link?

"

Are you saying that if you saw someome else had included a list of sti results on their profile that you would take that at face value and just beliveve them like you expect people to believe yours? I find that very worrying. The point of sti checks are so you know your clear.

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

Fair point.

Are you saying that if you saw someome else had included a list of sti results on their profile that you would take that at face value and just beliveve them like you expect people to believe yours? I find that very worrying. The point of sti checks are so you know your clear. "

I checked mine today and there is the ability to send someone a short term link, for them to be reassured.

Yes, I know it's about trust and reputation.

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Fair point.

Are you saying that if you saw someome else had included a list of sti results on their profile that you would take that at face value and just beliveve them like you expect people to believe yours? I find that very worrying. The point of sti checks are so you know your clear.

I checked mine today and there is the ability to send someone a short term link, for them to be reassured.

Yes, I know it's about trust and reputation."

Im sure you do. I just genuinely do find it worrying people if did believe such things written into a profiel as im sure you know there are some peopel who make any old tosh up for a profiel.

If i wanted to pick it apart i could say tbat the results would only show you were clear up untill the day yoo took it.

Im not for a minute suggesting thats what you have done by the way

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

"Surely someone else does. I do have a long term partner, here on FAB, but I want to meet and play with new people too.

Seeing as I've been on FAB for nigh on three years, visited several clubs, got verified, chatted to handful of site members, posted loads of comments, replies and some really clever answers to show, some sort of intelligence; I'm still struggling to make more connections here on FAB. Even meets at clubs go great, mainly chats and laughing, without play. then fizzle out online. or worse still hide their profile as soon as they've FAB'd me. Hmm knock-and-run anyone.

Worst of all is chatting for ages, then arranging a meet, only to get stone walled within at the last minute.

(As I never send out those auto delete messages that everybody hates...WUU2, Fancy a shag? Ding, dong, I'm in your neighbourhood tonight.)

Yes i've heard about some Chinese SARS based virus, that's doing the rounds and has overstayed its welcome.

I have read profiles, updates and thought of something really clever to break the ice with...but no joy.

It's annoying to watch my sent messages sit in the tray unread, only to evaporate after 3 weeks.

Think of it like this: relationships and jobs make for a successful and happy life when everything goes well.

Send off loads of job applications and get zero responses: loads of sympathy given/keep on trying.

Send off a few carefully written messages and get zero responses: gives up trying. Yes, I know about the 300 odd messages a day all from cock picture avatars.

"

If it helpsquite a number of the people on POF, Bumble and Tinder dating apps are a bit open minded I have found.. And your success/hit rate and odds in your favour are going to be much higher than they are using FAB thats for sure

Best of luck

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

Clear up to the day: that's how I see MOTs and a service history. so that's a very fair comment.

over a year ago

You're not wrong.

In the uk we say do the maths not do the math

The difference is ours is 5 letters and yours is 4

You do the mathssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Surely someone else does. I do have a long term partner, here on FAB, but I want to meet and play with new people too.

If it helpsquite a number of the people on POF, Bumble and Tinder dating apps are a bit open minded I have found.. And your success/hit rate and odds in your favour are going to be much higher than they are using FAB thats for sure

Best of luck "

I don't want a smartphone, so Tinder is out of the question. As for POF, did nothing for me. Match was worse than useless. Other sites wouldn't let me reister, not alpha enough?

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

Register:typo

By *orny PT OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

I changed my profile text, added a new picture. Check it out and all comments welcome. Fabs are welcome too

Post new Message to Thread