Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Does employment interest you?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm going to sound like a bit of a pig here but I like to meet people who I consider to be intelligent.

It can be hard to judge, and what I do is a generalisation, but the person I met needs to be at least involved in an office role.

Is anyone else like me?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *urvesAllOverWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Yes I am xx

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I dunno. I've met some intelligent lorry drivers and I work some some pig ignorant office workers. Type of employment isn't evidence of level of intelligence to me. Each to their own though.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

So the fact that I work in a pub, as a barmaid, would immediately make you think I was thick!

You maybe should adjust your expectations a little, you could really be missing out!

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I dunno. I've met some intelligent lorry drivers and I work some some pig ignorant office workers. Type of employment isn't evidence of level of intelligence to me. Each to their own though. "

Couldn't agree more

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think having a job in itself shows eagerness unfortunately there are many intelligent people who dont have the job they deserve me and my partner have quite respectable jobs and have been in them 18 years between us it is not an office job but a damn sight harder than that but it doesnt make us less intelligent!!

over a year ago

found plenty of ways to entertain without talking about work...and not all sexually

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"So the fact that I work in a pub, as a barmaid, would immediately make you think I was thick!

You maybe should adjust your expectations a little, you could really be missing out!"

Working in a bar certainly doesnt make you thick... I hope not, I worked in many when I was younger.

I think meeting people on the internet can be alittle vague and employment could act as a barometer.

over a year ago

it does a bit because i like to meet men who have been brought up properly,

who know how to behave.

men who ask me stupid questions and say stupid things get on my tits.

have met some well educated men who are just as daft though, and not saying i dont get on their tits as well.

over a year ago

"So the fact that I work in a pub, as a barmaid, would immediately make you think I was thick!

You maybe should adjust your expectations a little, you could really be missing out!"

nothing wrong with bar staff mean we get 2 flirt more lol

over a year ago

Intelligence and employment do not go hand in hand.

To suggest otherwise would show a lack of one of them.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Yes and no.

I do my best to avoid those who are dim.... but an office role is no real indication they will be fully functioning in the ol' common sense department.... or not dull as swamp water on a foggy night.

Some of the most interesting and sharpe minded people I have ever met are manual workers.... who just enjoy doing what they do.

over a year ago

for a minute i thought you were talking about Employment Law and i was getting excited lol thought i had met someone else whose in the legal field lol

over a year ago

I do not have a paid job i am a full time carer to a disabled child and when he is fit for school i a volunteer for a charity that support vulnerable adults. I work harder than many who get a wage and that's not me saying that that's friends who are in employment saying they couldn't do what i do so the fact that someone don't bring a wage home or is not a office worker does not matter to me its the person not the bank balance or the job title. If my sex life rely on either i may as well become a nun lol

over a year ago

I have worked in a few office environments and I must say there have been a lot of complete and utter morons. How some of them got a job was beyond me!!!

I have met much more outgoing fun people in warehouses and shops etc. Office workers normally mean students to bone idol to do a proper job. I often felt out of place in an office as I don't have the characteristics of a stick of celery.

By *exytwoforfunCouple
over a year ago

North East

It dont matter what job they have as long as they are respectful, my hubby has a manual job, which he loves, but also has a sports science degree as well as many other qualifications, so what does that make him, oh yes 1 of the cleverest guys i know. Famous saying YOU SHOULD NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.

over a year ago

"It dont matter what job they have as long as they are respectful, my hubby has a manual job, which he loves, but also has a sports science degree as well as many other qualifications, so what does that make him, oh yes 1 of the cleverest guys i know. Famous saying YOU SHOULD NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER."

Wise words

over a year ago

I am not interested in meeting those whose attention span cannot cope with the length of my profile.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I'm going to sound like a bit of a pig here but I like to meet people who I consider to be intelligent.

It can be hard to judge, and what I do is a generalisation, but the person I met needs to be at least involved in an office role.

Is anyone else like me?"

My daughter's ex boyfriend has three first class degrees in Law, Computer Sciences and Mechanical Engineering, but he does shop security work. One of the ticket collectors at my local train station is a qualified architect, my friends husband designs the interiors of private airplanes and was out of work for 15 months...I tend not to make assumptions about a persons intelligence based on their job.

over a year ago

"I am not interested in meeting those whose attention span cannot cope with the length of my profile. "

lol love that lol think i have the same thought as those who obvious have not read it gets blocked no reply and i make no apologies for that

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Since when did an office role = intelligence?

over a year ago

"Since when did an office role = intelligence?

"

Quality!

over a year ago

"

I have worked in an office all of my life. Still get dickheads and wankers there

over a year ago

"

i think you have to be fairly inteligent to work in an office.

thats why i am a cleaning lady.

over a year ago

I have worked in an office all of my life. Still get dickheads and wankers there"

Obviously this should have said working life. I wasn't born in an office lol

over a year ago

How ridiculous. Office work can be anything from managerial roles to someone who works in the post room to someone who makes the tea! There are people who have degrees who are out of work, who can't even get their foot through the door for an inter_iew! I have always worked in offices, yet I am now a full time mother, does this mean I've downgraded my intelligence??

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I'm going to sound like a bit of a pig here but I like to meet people who I consider to be intelligent.

Is anyone else like me?"

Lmao, this thread is the funniest since the piss stains one in the lounge! Office Roles eh?

over a year ago

I met a bloke on here once (in a pub, for an initial drink) who said he worked in one of the big supermarkets. I asked him if he was a manager and he said no he stacked shelves.

I then presumed he had just started but he corrected me and said he had been doing it for 12 years.

At this point I wrapped up the meet fairly swiftly telling him we had nothing in common.

He said we could still have a quicky in his car on the car park - I declined his kind suggestion and exited very quickly

I always check now what profession my meets do first

By *ougnrueCouple
over a year ago

Dumfries

[Removed by poster at 12/08/12 18:25:59]

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

the op doesnt sound intelligent to me just ignorant, do they have to send their cv to you before a meet?

over a year ago

I'd echo what others have said. I wouldn't want to meet someone who felt that a person's job reflected their intelligence to me that sort of person doesn't sound particularly intelligent themselves.

By *o-jCouple
over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

Misunderstood , was going to say doesn't interest me at all but I need the money

over a year ago

"I met a bloke on here once (in a pub, for an initial drink) who said he worked in one of the big supermarkets. I asked him if he was a manager and he said no he stacked shelves.

I then presumed he had just started but he corrected me and said he had been doing it for 12 years.

At this point I wrapped up the meet fairly swiftly telling him we had nothing in common.

He said we could still have a quicky in his car on the car park - I declined his kind suggestion and exited very quickly

I always check now what profession my meets do first "

So because of that one thing you realised that you had NOTHING in common?

Would it be wrong to suggest that you maybe need to look at your own selection criteria here?

By *ougnrueCouple
over a year ago

Dumfries

the job u do might have nowt to do with our level of intelligence

over a year ago

Is anyone else like me?"

It's just your selection criteria, we all have different ways of deciding who we will meet. At least you recognise that you will 'sound like a bit of a pig' for saying it.

I agree with those that have given examples of idiots in office roles and those with degrees in manual jobs. I personally wouldn't use someone's job role as selection criteria. I would rather chat to someone to see if we get on.

I'm not looking for a life partner, just someone I can have fun with.

over a year ago

"I met a bloke on here once (in a pub, for an initial drink) who said he worked in one of the big supermarkets. I asked him if he was a manager and he said no he stacked shelves.

I always check now what profession my meets do first

So because of that one thing you realised that you had NOTHING in common?

Would it be wrong to suggest that you maybe need to look at your own selection criteria here?

"

Ok - what I neglected to say was that he also lied on his profile about being able to accomodate, his height, and he in fact was seperated and not single (his wife still sharing the house)

His lack of ambition was the last straw not the total reason

over a year ago

"

On hit head nail.... Rearrange as you see fit

over a year ago

"

Some of the most interesting and sharpe minded people I have ever met are manual workers.... who just enjoy doing what they do."

Gives 'em time to contemplate how they spend their time when they're on their own time

Used to be an ex university professor delivering on our local milk round. It gave him the rest of the day to study and theorise his own special research he was doing.

Wolf

over a year ago

And in your Sentence saying people you met, it's "meet"

over a year ago

"And in your Sentence saying people you met, it's "meet"

"

Really!!!!

Read the sentence and think again

Oh the irony

over a year ago

"

His lack of ambition was the last straw not the total reason "

How is been a shelf stacker for 12 years a lack of ambition?

Maybe he enjoys his work and has turned down the offer of a promotion..

Who cares..?

At least he's working and paying his taxes..

over a year ago

"

Who cares..?

At least he's working and paying his taxes.."

Exactly.....i bet there are many honours degree graduates who would love a job of any kind.

Nothing so "up your own arse" about casting judgement over someones employment or indeed lack of

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

as long as they work, have an intent to get back into work or if health allowed, they would work ... is all that matters to me...

what they do, I don't give 2 flying fucks...

over a year ago

"

very true. lack of ambition isnt important to me. if everyone was clever and ambitious, who would do the boring low paid work?

Who cares..?

At least he's working and paying his taxes.."

over a year ago

Really!!!!

Oh the irony "

Read te ops posting, its meet not met.

over a year ago

Really!!!!

Oh the irony Read te ops posting, its meet not met."

congratulations you win a prize from the random fabs prize generator.

unfortunately... it's a rubber grommet.

Wolf

over a year ago

"as long as they work, have an intent to get back into work or if health allowed, they would work ... is all that matters to me...

what they do, I don't give 2 flying fucks...

"

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

how you choose your meets is up to you ,and if thats working for you then excellent .

personally i just find general conversation a better indication of intelligence .ive found people in high positions that cant hold a simple conversation and those in manual labour who are very eliquent, also visa versa !

a job is what you do for a living not what defines you . ive had various jobs from care of the elderly , a head of a department ,advanced customer care advisor and as a cleaner . i have the same pride and intelligence in doing each of them .

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Really!!!!

Oh the irony "

Read it again...they're correct.

over a year ago

I never bother asking what someone does for work. We spend long enough to get to know the person before we meet to have a pretty good idea we will all get along. We have met guys with all types of jobs and I can't say I noticed the executive businessman shagged any better than the blue collar worker

over a year ago

Really!!!!

Oh the irony Read te ops posting, its meet not met.

Wolf

"

What a test lol I thought the poster was going on about wolfs post lol. And the op's grammar is diabolical to say the least

over a year ago

Oh dear! What would one make of me (mrs) as I left school to work in an office, then managed in a Bakers/cafe, became a cash office manager for a high street store before starting a family. Once our children came along I worked weekends cleaning in a nursing home before becoming a supervisor for a well know supermarket. Now back in an office job. What opinion would one have made when I was in between my office jobs? Particularly the cleaning job? I consider myself to be intelligent and do tend not to make judgements of others due to their job. A job is a job and with a family to feed I would even sweep streets if it meant there was food on the table each day!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Until recently my step dad worked in a garage as a kind of handy man, why? Because he had been a fireman for 30 years so had to retire(dont know if its changed or not) i know ex forces people who come out early. There lots of oldre peope that work in tescos, that i think have taken early retirement but wanted to carry on doing something. I think taking into account some one job to meet is the most snobbish thing ive heard. Your only meeting them for nsa fun not going up the aisle with them

over a year ago

Really!!!!

Wolf

What a test lol I thought the poster was going on about wolfs post lol. And the op's grammar is diabolical to say the least"

I knew you meant my post too

Your prize is an etch-a-sketch , the others can have a Hangman... between em

Wolf

over a year ago

"I do not have a paid job i am a full time carer to a disabled child and when he is fit for school i a volunteer for a charity that support vulnerable adults. I work harder than many who get a wage and that's not me saying that that's friends who are in employment saying they couldn't do what i do so the fact that someone don't bring a wage home or is not a office worker does not matter to me its the person not the bank balance or the job title. If my sex life rely on either i may as well become a nun lol "

Well i think you should be applauded for that, sand i agree its more about the person, not what there worth or have in the bank

over a year ago

There's a profile on here that says

"Those without a tertiary education need not apply"

Which is snobbish to the nth degree

over a year ago

"There's a profile on here that says

"Those without a tertiary education need not apply"

Which is snobbish to the nth degree

"

I've a tart-iary education with a Batchelor of arts in Knicker elastic twanging.. that do...?

Wolf

over a year ago

Really!!!!

Wolf

What a test lol I thought the poster was going on about wolfs post lol. And the op's grammar is diabolical to say the least"

No prob,apology accepted

over a year ago

My job is very interesting.. intense, manual and physical and probably not one of you on this site would have the same job as me...However, this doesnt make me any more interesting than the next person..but i can make a lovely cup of tea at break time.

over a year ago

Thank you i was not looking for applause though it is appreciated i was making the point those who do not gain a wage have as much to offer society. Whether they choose to or not is a different matter. If my home life allowed i would look for paid work but it does not so i pop into a charity whew i can and do my bit. Those that can should but i know some can't and at times i am one of them stuck at home for weeks on end does not make me suitable employee material

over a year ago

Maybe some on here want to discuss nietzschean philosophy. Us? We're happy with a takeaway and a bit of oral

By *TR8HUNTERMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

lol but at the end of the day ur still looking for sex on a swingers website

so does it matter what job u do

get over urselfs do u tell ur managers at a board meeting u cruise for sex in ur spare time

over a year ago

I prefer peeps with some wit, whose PM exchanges do not come across as pulling teeth without anaesthetics and/or send me to sleep.

over a year ago

"Thank you i was not looking for applause though it is appreciated i was making the point those who do not gain a wage have as much to offer society. Whether they choose to or not is a different matter. If my home life allowed i would look for paid work but it does not so i pop into a charity whew i can and do my bit. Those that can should but i know some can't and at times i am one of them stuck at home

for weeks on end does not make me

suitable employee material "

Like someone said, working in an office or having a managers job dosent = intelligence, but at least your doing you bit as much as you can, so i think you should hold your head up, very admirable of you

over a year ago

each to their own how they play...I'd tell a meet to fuck off if they/she ever insulted my intelligence in whatever I do or dont do.I could easily talk about other things in life that would whoosh right over others heads...would it make me feel superior? would it fuck...

over a year ago

people who get promoted are usually poor time keepers, crafty fag break takers and lazy.

they get promoted because they can be taken from one place and not missed.

You on the other hand!

work hard,turn up on time and work overtime when asked.

they will keep you were you are because your good.

remember the british way to get ahead.

treat going sick as part of your holiday entitlement.

turn up 5 minutes late now and then, extend your breaks a little by looking busy chatting to your work mates.

take your time completing tasks. if you rush they will put more your way!

over a year ago

not interested in conversation, just sex with the right people. nice people.

over a year ago

"not interested in conversation, just sex with the right people. nice people.

"

well said.

over a year ago

Not the way I'd like to operate, and it is good to know we are all different.

over a year ago

I don't fully agree that office Job means intelligence but I (mr P) will always bring up the subject of employment to make some partial judgement on a person's social standing,

However manners and respect are the same regardless of intellect or social class and that's the key attributes

over a year ago

"

Without some conversation how do you establish someone is nice? Or are we talking purely aesthetically.

over a year ago

Without some conversation how do you establish someone is nice? Or are we talking purely aesthetically."

a little less conversation, a little more action. like to find out if people take themselves too seriously.

over a year ago

Without some conversation how do you establish someone is nice? Or are we talking purely aesthetically.

a little less conversation, a little more action. like to find out if people take themselves too seriously. "

and very rude talking with your mouth full! Lol

over a year ago

"I don't fully agree that office Job means intelligence but I (mr P) will always bring up the subject of employment to make some partial judgement on a person's social standing,

However manners and respect are the same regardless of intellect or social class and that's the key attributes "

I only ask in theory and not making judgement at all rather just wanna see where would someone like myself who is not in paid.employment fit on your partial judgement of social standing as full time carer don't always find they can take paid employment i know some can depend on the circumstances of the person they look after. . I use me as an example purely so i won't take it personal i just curious. Would miss x be seen as a single mum on benefits blah blah blah or as someone who is employ as in works but Just doesn't get a pay packet.

By *SandJ both BiCouple
over a year ago

Brandon

WOW, what people do or don't do is no pointer on how intelligent or interesting they are.

So if the most sexist, naughtiest and fun to be with lady on this site offered you a night out wining and dinning and a great night of sex with her and her twin sister (both are lorry drivers) would you say "no"?

Meet people and don't have any preconceived ideas on what they are like based on what they do and you will have far more fun and you will definitely be surprised.

Rant over.

over a year ago

I'm in a very highly skilled technical job, but classed as a tradesman. Why would somebody who can operate a photocopier be anymore intelligent than me? People who class "workmen" as inferior really wind me up...

over a year ago

We are only bothered that someone, people, can speak to us in a polite courteous manner.

We do not like incomprehensible messages, but that certainly does not follow profession, we both have "highly" stressful jobs and are "top" of the tree, but that does not mean the person at the "same" level can be more polite or more "interesting" to meet.

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"for a minute i thought you were talking about Employment Law and i was getting excited lol thought i had met someone else whose in the legal field lol "

Not the legal field, it sounds more like the 'elitist' field rears its head again...

over a year ago

you are just a effing knob head to ask the question in the first place ffs

over a year ago

I work for the number 1 adult learning college in the UK and i can assure you that common sense is more appealing than intelligence. Whats the point in having a high IQ if you have the personlity of a door nail? Im a career advisor btw

over a year ago

"

We've noticed a correlation between diminishing common sense and expanding wallets the further up the work scale people get.

Mind you, as one of us works in the Leisure Industry and the other in the NHS that's probably to be expected.

Many office workers or people in management positions have the intelligence to do that job (sometimes) but that's where it ends.

Get them on any other topic and they haven't a clue, that goes for quite a few "professionals" we've spoken to as well.

So no, having an office job is no guarantee of intelligence, often the opposite in our experience!

XXXX

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Is anyone else like me?"

Just how arrogant and ignorant are you?

Equating intelligence with employment indicates a lack of said in yourself..

over a year ago

Is anyone else like me?

Just how arrogant and ignorant are you?

Equating intelligence with employment indicates a lack of said in yourself.. "

+1

A wise man once told me: Common sense isn't common. In a place like this, I look to a person's personality and character, not what they do for a living. I can appreciate your desires but I think you're way off the mark and doing yourself no favours in the way you look for meets.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Im, im more interste if someone \n h\ve l\uv, iminterted i =n what people, \\\\\\\i s)Ofton peoplei zm mofr happy swith getinhoh onfeengfeelng ig zjx ]]]]]]ig hzx mofd intrzsncf kv vsnbf sbr anfz jokf s=comdvffm cod vo l xigf fd. \i woulc meeg puufh zxdo ngdngdnvd

over a year ago

"Im, im more interste if someone \n h\ve l\uv, iminterted i =n what people, \\\\\\\i s)Ofton peoplei zm mofr happy swith getinhoh onfeengfeelng ig zjx ]]]]]]ig hzx mofd intrzsncf kv vsnbf sbr anfz jokf s=comdvffm cod vo l xigf fd. \i woulc meeg puufh zxdo ngdngdnvd"

I quite agree.

over a year ago

Perhaps we could have a couple of new verifications? The 'P60' and the 'MENSA Membership'?

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"Perhaps we could have a couple of new verifications? The 'P60' and the 'MENSA Membership'?

"

Doesn't matter if you are a member of MENSA, if you state your occupation first, he won't get past that!!

over a year ago

"Perhaps we could have a couple of new verifications? The 'P60' and the 'MENSA Membership'?

Doesn't matter if you are a member of MENSA, if you state your occupation first, he won't get past that!! "

well i don't have one so he won't wanna shag me

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Im, im more interste if someone \n h\ve l\uv, iminterted i =n what people, \\\\\\\i s)Ofton peoplei zm mofr happy swith getinhoh onfeengfeelng ig zjx ]]]]]]ig hzx mofd intrzsncf kv vsnbf sbr anfz jokf s=comdvffm cod vo l xigf fd. \i woulc meeg puufh zxdo ngdngdnvd

I quite agree. "

Me too.... Couldn't have said it better

over a year ago

Just picked up this -

In a recent survey i ran in forum (see below link)

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/113089

interestingly intelligence wsas low on peoples expectations form a partner with personaility much higher on list

Admmitingly the survey was just a cross sectin of 15 people

over a year ago

Is anyone else like me?"

I'm a professional photographer, so that's not an office role.

And, to add to that, one of the offices I work with has an admin girl who can only be descirbed as thick as a brick.

over a year ago

Oh another look at me thread !! How original !!.. I wish the OP the best of luck in arranging meets now !!. I think he may need it. What a stupid idea that some ones job reflects their intelligence. I have met some really clever people who prefer to have a job they enjoy rather than than one they don't, I have also met some extremely thick / rude and arrogant office workers too. Give me [ mrs ] a sexy builder any day who on the whole know how to behave and treat a girl...

over a year ago

Is anyone else like me?"

I left school with 6 O'levels, was going to follow family and join the Navy but failed the medical. So i became a truck driver at 21. At 30 i took 2 A'levels with the OU, then started a degree course in law, which i got a 2.1 in when i was 41.

I still drive a truck at 46 and can assure you im far from thick, i just wouldnt and couldnt work in a office.

over a year ago

"I don't fully agree that office Job means intelligence but I (mr P) will always bring up the subject of employment to make some partial judgement on a person's social standing,

However manners and respect are the same regardless of intellect or social class and that's the key attributes "

Job is not a good giude of social standing either. I work as a truck driver, live in a council house. Yet my father was a senior officer in the RAF, my grandfather was a senior officer in the Navy,as was his father and his. I was brought up around mess dinners,social gatherings and went to public school and went skiing in Canada every year from the age of 4.i know how to use a full dinner service, i know how to act the part but believe me social standing is all an act. Once in their own homes, they shit like the rest of us

over a year ago

Is anyone else like me?"

1. Never judge a book by it's cover

2. Why do you feel the need to judge?

And what relevance to swinging does someones occupation have?

over a year ago

Is anyone else like me?

1. Never judge a book by it's cover

2. Why do you feel the need to judge?

And what relevance to swinging does someones occupation have?

"

well said PP

over a year ago

Is anyone else like me?"

I honeatly do not see someones job as a indication of their intelligent

What if someone is out of work for a while thro no fault of their own does that make them less intelligent than when they was working?

Plus sometime people do not want the hassle and responsibility of a high flying job, they just want to earn their money and go home

Plus there are some right bimbo who work in offices to be honest i dont see office work as an intelligent job

Im the manager of a ware house for a rather large company and to be honest the manual day to day wear house labour is much harder than the managent running side of the place, i can do the paper work, deliveries, orders etc with my eye shut but if i said i was a fork lift driver you'd probably think 'thicko' and the word manager would impress the most yet thats the easiest bit

Our nigh shelf fillers are far from thick, but i think thats a job people really look down their noses at, i did it myself for many years before i decided to take the managment training, yet i have a great team of girls and most of them are far from thick because they 'just fill shelves'

I find it very surprising someone would choose their meets by their job, id sooner just talk to someone and decide for myself if i think we would get on rather than dissmiss them by their job

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

the ops question is beyond belief if one of us posted wont meet office workers cos they are biggoted lazy bastards without energy or intelligence to do any thing else but sit on their lazy arses all day what would the op say??? what about drs or surgeons that work in ed they are not in an office gods teeth !!!

over a year ago

However manners and respect are the same regardless of intellect or social class and that's the key attributes

Job is not a good giude of social standing either. I work as a truck driver, live in a council house. Yet my father was a senior officer in the RAF, my grandfather was a senior officer in the Navy,as was his father and his. I was brought up around mess dinners,social gatherings and went to public school and went skiing in Canada every year from the age of 4.i know how to use a full dinner service, i know how to act the part but believe me social standing is all an act. Once in their own homes, they shit like the rest of us "

Give me a 'shelf stacker' over a stuck up snob any day.

over a year ago

i think Frenchy got message cuz he not contributed to his own post lol ; but i think we got message accross ok dont you

over a year ago

why would an office worker be any more intelligent than me? I'm a qualified nursery nurse and ex nursery manager.. ive also been in retail management... does that make me thick and less able to hold an intelligent and coherent conversation??

I was brought up to respect any line of work, whether it's a cleaner or a business owner!!

ps... I can type lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/08/12 10:54:07]

over a year ago

To be honest with you i dont even see people who work in the likes of McDonalds thick

And i think them type of jobs tend to get the most jokes

You ever been in Maccie Ds on a saturday afternoon and seen the queues and all the customers yelling at the kids on the tills?

To be able to work under that amount of pressure and keep calm and polite does not show signs of a thick person

Plus most kids who work there are just earning extra cash while they work their way thro uni

over a year ago

Well one can only assume the OP was looking for more than what this site usually caters for: a relationship

despite the backtrack of why he was an undesirable(the initial attraction must have been there via pics/msgs), my assumption is that the OP is looking for that special someone, for repeated encounters..which of course is fair enough..as many others do it.

Its only a reflection on yourself OP, of the possibilities of why you are on this particular site.

but as I have previously mentioned in my earlier post, I think its a very distasteful impression you have left for yourself.

I'm a qualified individual and currently working as a high class call girl...two blowjobs for a fiver,for anyone interested.

over a year ago

I like people for people, not for any assumed prestige that their career might suggest.

Amongst my closest friends, I can count someone who is long term unemployed and someone who is the Operations Director of a FTSE 100 business.

Neither gets treated any differently by me. They are my friends and I have no interest in the kudos or stigma related to their employment status.

As regards meets off here, I have no set criteria beyond :

a) we get on

b) if we agree to meet, they turn up

c) they are clean and well presented

The rest, we can work out from there.

over a year ago

"Intelligence and employment do not go hand in hand.

To suggest otherwise would show a lack of one of them."

I would guess one would be considered illiterate or such like, being a stay at home, single mother currently. Ffs, this to me says get a grip!!

over a year ago

"I like people for people, not for any assumed prestige that their career might suggest.

Amongst my closest friends, I can count someone who is long term unemployed and someone who is the Operations Director of a FTSE 100 business.

Neither gets treated any differently by me. They are my friends and I have no interest in the kudos or stigma related to their employment status.

As regards meets off here, I have no set criteria beyond :

a) we get on

b) if we agree to meet, they turn up

c) they are clean and well presented

The rest, we can work out from there."

over a year ago

"Well one can only assume the OP was looking for more than what this site usually caters for: a relationship

despite the backtrack of why he was an undesirable(the initial attraction must have been there via pics/msgs), my assumption is that the OP is looking for that special someone, for repeated encounters..which of course is fair enough..as many others do it.

Its only a reflection on yourself OP, of the possibilities of why you are on this particular site.

but as I have previously mentioned in my earlier post, I think its a very distasteful impression you have left for yourself.

I'm a qualified individual and currently working as a high class call girl...two blowjobs for a fiver,for anyone interested. "

apologies to the OP...I've got my wires mixed up , to whom I was aiming my post towards!!!!!!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

A wise man once told me: Common sense isn't common. In a place like this, I look to a person's personality and character, not what they do for a living. I can appreciate your desires but I think you're way off the mark and doing yourself no favours in the way you look for meets.

"

have worked with some people who are leagues ahead intelligence wise if we go by the criteria of formal qualifications, degrees etc..

however some have had the common sense of a chair leg, nice folk nonetheless..

heard it phrased by a mate as 'being able to to tell someone all of the chemical make up of an orange but not knowing how to open the fucker'..

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Seems strange - you don't mention your profession or office role in your profile. Also, it would seem presumptuous to ask others to reveal their employment status etc, prior to meeting, surely?

As for restricting things to office work, presumably a filing clerk would suffice? Whereas a surgeon etc would not.

What are your measures for assessing intelligence, other than having someone being an office worker? Someone who can score highly on an IQ test, someone who could be autistically savant, able to extrapolate the most complex data and yet somewhat be lacking in other areas, but be a lovely person, etc?

over a year ago

maybe he's just the office gopher and pervert.... lol

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I ask people about their jobs but that's because I am nos.. erm, curious.

I mostly work from home, sometimes from the arm chair and sometimes from the chaise longue - does that count as an office?

Post new Message to Thread