Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Let down

Jump to newest

By *urvesAllOver OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

When I first started this a few months ago I guess I was better at picking them. Now I understand why so many people complain about time wasters as I am meeting them all, or not as the case may be!

The most comedy value part of this is that 2 of these guys state on their profile that they aren't looking for time wasters! I was going to give them a chance as they are new to the site and had no veris but think I won't give a newbie a chance again!

So tell me, how do I find the guys who won't flake?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

did you speak to them on the phone, meet socially first?

how long had they been on the site?

what was the conversation like, was it describe yourself, what will you wear, what will we do... mostly, not all just wank fodder

good luck for the future

over a year ago

Manchester

It was social meets the guys cancelled! I assume they just realised they weren't going to get anything out of me and decided it wasn't worth it - their loss I guess!

By *ucycuteTV/TS
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"When I first started this a few months ago I guess I was better at picking them. Now I understand why so many people complain about time wasters as I am meeting them all, or not as the case may be!

The most comedy value part of this is that 2 of these guys state on their profile that they aren't looking for time wasters! I was going to give them a chance as they are new to the site and had no veris but think I won't give a newbie a chance again!

"

Same in all areas babes and just need to them out as some good gen ones in between them. I had one yesterday who failed to turn up after recieving address then mailed 8 hours later to say he understands he will only get one more chance before he may get blocked!!!! lol yeah right.

Thankfully I had a gen meet in his place so his loss in my _iew xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It was social meets the guys cancelled! I assume they just realised they weren't going to get anything out of me and decided it wasn't worth it - their loss I guess! "

this is what makes me laugh the most, men will meet and fuck yet a social scares the shit out of them LOL

over a year ago

Wank fodder

And anyone who stood you up must be outta their damn minds.....

over a year ago

Shevardnadze

Unfortunately guys like them make it hard for the rest of us genuine guys to get meets

Such a waste of time I believe there should be a name and shame page

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I seem to have lost my 'idiot radar' too. I had a couple of no shows when I first joined and got some great advice from the forums so then had great meets, but lately I've struggled and had a no show last weekend.

There is one poster on the forums who stated that you should always meet locally to you so if they don't turn up then you've not had far to go, and that one has helped me because I don't mind sitting in my local with a book while waiting. If they want me to travel then I won't budge without their phone number.

over a year ago

Manchester

"Shevardnadze

Unfortunately guys like them make it hard for the rest of us genuine guys to get meets

Such a waste of time I believe there should be a name and shame page"

Totally agree!

over a year ago

if it sounds too good to be true it usually is and i just dont respond

over a year ago

Manchester

"I seem to have lost my 'idiot radar' too. I had a couple of no shows when I first joined and got some great advice from the forums so then had great meets, but lately I've struggled and had a no show last weekend.

There is one poster on the forums who stated that you should always meet locally to you so if they don't turn up then you've not had far to go, and that one has helped me because I don't mind sitting in my local with a book while waiting. If they want me to travel then I won't budge without their phone number."

Yeah I always stay local, easier escape route and feel much more at ease.

These guys have at least cancelled (all be it at the last minute) but still a big let down

over a year ago

if i meet socially which 9-10 i do i meet in a place i feel safe in which is well lit and i can walk in and out and feel safe

Birmingham is lucky as there is a few coffee shops and good bars, but i wont drink now on socials as people tend to read more into it than often could be the case

i have walked away from socials if i felt not at ease and explained that they arent for me which has been fine

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

These guys have at least cancelled (all be it at the last minute) but still a big let down "

Well if theyve cancelled for whatever reason but let you know then it hardly seems fair to name and shame them does it?

I think theres always peaks and troughs on here. Youre having a trough by the look of it, but just think how good the peak might be...

over a year ago

"

These guys have at least cancelled (all be it at the last minute) but still a big let down

Well if theyve cancelled for whatever reason but let you know then it hardly seems fair to name and shame them does it?

I think theres always peaks and troughs on here. Youre having a trough by the look of it, but just think how good the peak might be... "

there is always 2 sides to a story as well

over a year ago

"

"Shevardnadze

Such a waste of time I believe there should be a name and shame page"

"

i agree but mods/admins wont allow it

and also yeh i agree there always is 2 side and if some has cancelled albeit last minute at least they let u know so u dont look an idiot waiting 4 them

over a year ago

Manchester

"

I think theres always peaks and troughs on here. Youre having a trough by the look of it, but just think how good the peak might be... "

Well I thought the exact same thing. And if they hadn't just vanished after cancelling at the last minute then I would be disappointed but totally understand - we all have lives!

The fact that they go AWOL straight after, and left it too late to really make other plans, is what annoyed me.

I think the latest one was just the last straw - needed my little rant!

over a year ago

have been let down a few times.

always a bit wary of men with no verifications, though a few have turned up and been ok. met one the other day.

a newbie no verifications, he turned up on time. he did have a picture of himself in bed with a woman though.

we spoke on the phone first.

over a year ago

Deserved rant pm me if you want to arrange with genuine guy x

over a year ago

We had a meet advertised for Friday and we thought we had a good idiot radar. We only picked guys with verifications, ones that had contacted us and ones who said they fed up of time wasters. out of 40 replies they all fell by the wayside once we started asking for mobile numbers to arrange etc. Usual excuses. "forgot i got pick the kids up" "I forgot I was working" "I havnt got any transport".

We had a few that we had conversations with were very keen but suddenly stopped replying or blocked us!!!

No wonder single guys have got such a bad reputation on here.

Having said that we did get a very nice guy who we contacted and turned up with 30 mins notice

over a year ago

Manchester

Just frustrating isn't it. Especially as they feel so hard done by as guys on here!

Glad you got your guy though. I've done that before but he wasn't free this time

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

"When I first started this a few months ago I guess I was better at picking them. Now I understand why so many people complain about time wasters as I am meeting them all, or not as the case may be!

"

Get to know them online first. Talk to them on Fab, MSN Messenger, Skype etc. See if they are willing to put effort in getting to know you or just want a quick shag. You can soon spot the time wasters and picture hunters if you get to know them online first.

Post new Message to Thread