Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

It's all so quiet....

Jump to newest

By *anfiona2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

Hi

I've noticed (as far as we're concerned anyway) that it's gone very quiet in our inbox

Anybody else noticed this?

Maybe to do with the Olympics or maybe we need to revamp our profile, long overdue I know

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No your profiles great , good pics verfi gen and its short in sweet , i hate reading loads of do's and donts pisses me off lol

over a year ago

Same here too.

By *anfiona2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

"No your profiles great , good pics verfi gen and its short in sweet , i hate reading loads of do's and donts pisses me off lol "

Thanks for that

I was thinking about adding more text though and changing the statement about us being new, bit beyond that now lol

By *anfiona2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

"Same here too. "

Glad it's not just us

over a year ago

"I was thinking about adding more text though and changing the statement about us being new, bit beyond that now lol

"

Yeah, a year or more on Fab is practically veteran status! Lol! Looking rather yummy though!

The quietness is probably the olympics and holidays combined.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Do people just sit back and wait for the messages to pour in?

Go browsing and send some out to people that interest you as well

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"No your profiles great , good pics verfi gen and its short in sweet , i hate reading loads of do's and donts pisses me off lol "

see thats going to appeal to you.... but not to everyone...

case in point.... its short.... but it doesn't actually "anything"....

tells me nothing about the couple themselves.... tells me nothing about the type of couple they are after....

profiles are very subjective....

whenever people talk about profiles, i ask people "hand on heart would you answer your own?"

if the answer is yes... keep it

if the answer is no... change it

simple as....

By *anfiona2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

"Do people just sit back and wait for the messages to pour in?

Go browsing and send some out to people that interest you as well "

We do that and are still doing that, we are proactive on here but initial messages to us are a bit few and far between at the mo

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"

Apparently if the recent threads are anything to go by...followed by I'm leaving...

By *anfiona2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

"I was thinking about adding more text though and changing the statement about us being new, bit beyond that now lol

Yeah, a year or more on Fab is practically veteran status! Lol! Looking rather yummy though!

Thankyou

The quietness is probably the olympics and holidays combined. "

over a year ago

Great profile. You shouldn't have any worries.

over a year ago

"No your profiles great , good pics verfi gen and its short in sweet , i hate reading loads of do's and donts pisses me off lol

Thanks for that

I was thinking about adding more text though and changing the statement about us being new, bit beyond that now lol

"

I'd lose the new bit - in fact I've never understood why people put that anyway - you can see how long someone's been in site and so many never update their profiles even after months ( or years!) it can seem to others that they aren't interested in keeping their details up to date!

A bit more text wouldn't necessarily be bad - just some info on what you like (avoid the big 'do's and dont's style lists though!) and keep it up beat!

Pics are great! As for it being quiet? Might be the Olympics but i'd guess it probably has more to do with the school hols!

Those pesky kids!!!!

over a year ago

Apparently if the recent threads are anything to go by...followed by I'm leaving... "

Amen ! ::Highfives::

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"Hi

I've noticed (as far as we're concerned anyway) that it's gone very quiet in our inbox

Maybe to do with the Olympics or maybe we need to revamp our profile, long overdue I know"

I think it is a combo of Olympics and holiday season that slows a lot of things down, mind you if I get a message or 2 in my inbox in a week that feels busy...

On a serious point though, I do think your profile could do with a revamp as it's only 2 lines. It is succinct and sometimes less is more, but maybe you could do with perhaps an extra paragraph.

You do have a lot of public pics, showing you as an active swinging couple and clearly showing what you like to partake in, so no problems there.

Hope that helps.

By *anfiona2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

"No your profiles great , good pics verfi gen and its short in sweet , i hate reading loads of do's and donts pisses me off lol

see thats going to appeal to you.... but not to everyone...

case in point.... its short.... but it doesn't actually "anything"....

tells me nothing about the couple themselves.... tells me nothing about the type of couple they are after....

profiles are very subjective....

whenever people talk about profiles, i ask people "hand on heart would you answer your own?"

if the answer is yes... keep it

if the answer is no... change it

simple as...."

That's very good advice, thankyou

over a year ago

well maybe add some more profile text, dont have to be much, maybe just say what your looking for

and if you take some new photos and upload them that always gets you extra attention as it will show the new pics in the local and friends updates

can sometimes even work by taking the existing photos down and re-uploading. that way they will show up as new

over a year ago

We like to brows other profiles and send a few winks and messages but more and more profiles seem really angry, DON'T WINK, DON'T MESSAGE us or you WILL BE BLOCKED. We quite like getting winks and messages, it's nice to know people find you attractive. Something exciting about logging on and seeing the message box coloued yellow.

By *anfiona2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

Thanks for all the above advice

We are definitely not leaving the site and are not downheartened just noticed a sudden dip that's all

Infact after being on here 18 months have just started to read this forum, very informative and funny lol

We love our swinging and have met some great people from here and in clubs and long may it continue

over a year ago

I have to agree with Fabio, the profile is pretty poor. Unless you like pitures. The text says nothing.

And personally speaking a profile that states someone is new when they clearly aren't is enough to get me moving on. It smacks of laziness.

By *anfiona2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

"I have to agree with Fabio, the profile is pretty poor. Unless you like pitures. The text says nothing.

And personally speaking a profile that states someone is new when they clearly aren't is enough to get me moving on. It smacks of laziness."

Well that's me told lol

over a year ago

"Hi

Maybe to do with the Olympics or maybe we need to revamp our profile, long overdue I know"

Olympics and Holliday time even scrap metal industrie's gone dead at this time of the year ! So er er go on holiday

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Hi

happens like that, then it 'picks up'..

over a year ago

Yea but it's rare you get any mail back

By *anfiona2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

Actually thinking about it, we have played with about a dozen couples but the vast majority were couples we met at clubs, not from here

People on here talk a lot and not much else in our experience it's hard to transfer messages into meets but we'll keep trying

over a year ago

my inbox is always quiet

over a year ago

"my inbox is always quiet "

isnt every single males?

over a year ago

"my inbox is always quiet

isnt every single males?"

Yep

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It is quieter here atm... in my town - car parking spaces appearing as if by magic etc.

I'd definitely remove the newbie bit, and add a little flavour of who you both are. You could add some more of him into the pics, so that the ladies etc get a feel of what could be coming their way next etc. People who've looked before may then find that you really are more than appealing enough for them.

over a year ago

my inbox has been quiet for over a year lol x not good!

over a year ago

"Actually thinking about it, we have played with about a dozen couples but the vast majority were couples we met at clubs, not from here

People on here talk a lot and not much else in our experience it's hard to transfer messages into meets but we'll keep trying "

Agree with others need some more text about yourself.

We are away at the moment but found our inbox is still busy, however not had time to answer but just enough time to sneak on here lol

We have been lucky and had lots of genuine meets through this site

Good luck to you

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"my inbox is always quiet

isnt every single males?

Yep"

speak for yourselves im bulging lol

over a year ago

"Hi

your profile fine - its quiet ish cuz of holidays to - certainly the couples i know are away, so sure most other are to

over a year ago

Post new Message to Thread