Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

can't win either way!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's a difficult balance....got told I had too many verifications the other day (even tho some are from the same people and range from over a year ago)...and yet if you have none you get grief!

Harrumph.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inkyScot22Man
over a year ago

Anniesland

You can hide them (without deleting them)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

*shrug* I can't see why a lot of veris would be a problem but to each their own. Move on, forget about it and find the people who are looking for what you have to offer.

over a year ago

If your happy to display them sod um... Never can please everybody

over a year ago

Just put the most recent up then, mind if people need to rely brain not working if that's not spelt right sorry on veris to decide they want to meet me they are not for me

over a year ago

Number of veris never bothers me cause you Can hide or display as many as you want. What's point picking a guy based on number of veris when he may display one or two of the best but be hiding hundreds

over a year ago

"It's a difficult balance....got told I had too many verifications the other day (even tho some are from the same people and range from over a year ago)...and yet if you have none you get grief!

Harrumph. "

So true, i got a bit of stick in the scottish forum for all my verfications, less is more bullshite, its a sex site are we not suposed to fuck

over a year ago

"It's a difficult balance....got told I had too many verifications the other day (even tho some are from the same people and range from over a year ago)...and yet if you have none you get grief!

Harrumph.

So true, i got a bit of stick in the scottish forum for all my verfications, less is more bullshite, its a sex site are we not suposed to fuck "

Oh you definitely are supposed to!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/08/12 12:32:31]

over a year ago

you lucky bugger you.

over a year ago

Harrumph.

So true, i got a bit of stick in the scottish forum for all my verfications, less is more bullshite, its a sex site are we not suposed to fuck

Oh you definitely are supposed to! "

Haahaa got your mail, mailed you back check lol

over a year ago

A lot of people have multi verifications from one or more other profiles, and that will ramp up the verification count.

Keep only one from each profile and hide the rest from that profile if you have more than one.

You dont need to show people who you have been playing with on a regular/semi regular basis..

(unless you want to that is).

over a year ago

Harrumph. "

you dont have to display them all. just put a selection on display. and leave the others hidden.

over a year ago

Harrumph. "

surely this is not a complaint ? veri's are ther for that reason to verify your a genuin guy - if i was you i wouldnt give a toss what others think - to many veri's only become a problem if your profile read something like:

"sexy guy looking for the right person - not looking to sleep with whole of FAB land" lol

That would give wrong impression

over a year ago

Harrumph.

surely this is not a complaint ? veri's are ther for that reason to verify your a genuin guy - if i was you i wouldnt give a toss what others think - to many veri's only become a problem if your profile read something like:

"sexy guy looking for the right person - not looking to sleep with whole of FAB land" lol

Thats what i thought veris were for to prove your real?

"

If you cant sleep with lots of other people what's the point of being a swinger?

Maybe they belong in the vanilla world if they only want a couple of partners.

Tell them to jog on xxx

Dont worry be happy

over a year ago

Harrumph.

Thats what i thought veris were for to prove your real?

If you cant sleep with lots of other people what's the point of being a swinger?

Maybe they belong in the vanilla world if they only want a couple of partners.

Tell them to jog on xxx

Dont worry be happy "

Couldnt agree more

over a year ago

I find it really off putting when someone has tons of verifications. It just seems like they have low standards.

That said, neither of us would dismiss meeting someone on that basis alone and we certainly wouldn't take the time to critique a profile just because of a lot of veri's.

I do agree that - if you have veri's from the same person - you could just allow one on your profile and keep the rest hidden. It just gets confusing to read.

over a year ago

Harrumph. "

Your a Brummie and the best they could pick fault with is your verifications?

bloody light weights

over a year ago

you should really hide all the dupilcated verifications,

see since the mobile site has come along if people are on that, it will just say like 25 public verifications, that might mean they dont check them out,

i usually go through mine once in a while, take away friends ones who have left newer ones and like to leave one every time, so leave the most recent ones on show to please them but then hide the earlier ones.

i still show ones from the start to show a long term history and if need to thin ones out maybe take out additional verifications from partys or group meets, like if you went to a party or a club and got verified from 3+ accounts then you only need to show 1 or 2 of these really to show you goto parties

also remember people dont always like being totally honest, although for some your verification list might be off putting, sometimes it might be something else about you that they dont like such as your looks etc, and they just taken an easy way out to not hurt your feelings, and also pick something you cant really argue with

of course some people might not be game because of it, but quite often i think these people wont respond in the first place after checking it out

but great photos and profile helps alot, where one person might have too many verifications, a better looking profile might not even get it mentioned so could always try and improove your profile so its not as much of a problem to people

either way mate it cant be that much of a problem for you, your getting regular meets, just accept you cant bang them all! haha , normally its guys moaning that they cant get a meet to get verified instead of having too many. after all this is a problem you can fix by hiding some of it!

over a year ago

"I find it really off putting when someone has tons of verifications. It just seems like they have low standards.

"

...or are very popular

Wolf

By *icesweetgirlWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Show whatever verifications you want. There is no way you can please everyone so just please yourself. To many judgemental people on here. I don't think it shows low standards I think it shows your a genuine nice guy.

I'm gonna show all mine no matter how many lol.

If people take the time to write them it's good to show them.

over a year ago

I think its good to have a few verifications from the same people it shows you re meet and not just after as many one offs as possible, as many people say they are after making friends so surely this shows that so are you?

Personally i think peoples verifications are their own buisness and others should just keep their mouths shut and move on if they dont like what they read

whats the point in mailing someone to tell them they have to many verifications

what happened to a simple no thanks

Theres to many preachers on here where its their way or the wrong way

I get sick to death of people telling me i have to many verifications, im supposed to meet couples, i should'nt meet for a drink first as its not a dating site etc people should get a life

*and breath*

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"I find it really off putting when someone has tons of verifications. It just seems like they have low standards.

That said, neither of us would dismiss meeting someone on that basis alone and we certainly wouldn't take the time to critique a profile just because of a lot of veri's.

I do agree that - if you have veri's from the same person - you could just allow one on your profile and keep the rest hidden. It just gets confusing to read.

"

Well you must have incredibly high standards..lol...correct me if I'm wrong, but you have been on the site for over a year and don't appear to have any veris.

over a year ago

"

is that why you've never met anyone cause you keep looking at profiles with loads of veries

over a year ago

Well you must have incredibly high standards..lol...correct me if I'm wrong, but you have been on the site for over a year and don't appear to have any veris."

haha snap

over a year ago

"Show whatever verifications you want. There is no way you can please everyone so just please yourself. To many judgemental people on here. I don't think it shows low standards I think it shows your a genuine nice guy.

If people take the time to write them it's good to show them. "

That's a lovely and sweet attitude to take ;)

But I hear too many instances of people second-guessing people from their veris and tracking them backward and forward between their meets like the ruddy gestapo and as usual adding two and two together to make a round half dozen, so for us, we just leave them off. It's more discreet that way for our meets too.

The moral of the story being... if you want to know how good someone really is ... meet them, not the myth

Wolf

over a year ago

i dont think lots of verifications show low standards, i mean come on there thousands of people on here, its quite easy to have regular meets with guys you find attractive and not have to lower your standards when theres this many to choose from

over a year ago

...or are very popular

Wolf"

couldnt agree more !!!

over a year ago

When I was on here last year a guy I had met a few times messaged me too say I was stopping him from meeting other women on here cause he had met me and I had a few veri's on my profile and it was off putting for other women, totally pissed me off as most of the guys that had verified me were from past times I was on and hadnt met recently,they verified me cause I had met them before

over a year ago

Depends how you define lots of verifications tho

I havnt counted mine but i think i have around 50 but i have been on here 4 years so that averages just over 1 shag a month, i mean come on that dont make me easy my dog has a better sex life than that

over a year ago

Harrumph. "

i dont look at veris

over a year ago

To be honest i prefer to meet guys with a few veries because it shows they can find meet so mailing me because they want to and not because they have been here a year and only met one person so getting to the point they mailing anyone for a meet

Do i think to much? lol

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If someone said they wouldn't want to meet me because the amount/type/author of my verifications, then they are definitely not the type of person I want to meet. It's a site feature which I take advantage of.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I find it really off putting when someone has tons of verifications. It just seems like they have low standards."

Or are meeting people and having fun.

over a year ago

"Show whatever verifications you want. There is no way you can please everyone so just please yourself. To many judgemental people on here. I don't think it shows low standards I think it shows your a genuine nice guy.

If people take the time to write them it's good to show them.

That's a lovely and sweet attitude to take ;)

But I hear too many instances of people second-guessing people from their veris and tracking them backward and forward between their meets like the ruddy gestapo and as usual adding two and two together to make a round half dozen, so for us, we just leave them off. It's more discreet that way for our meets too.

The moral of the story being... if you want to know how good someone really is ... meet them, not the myth

Wolf

"

Thinking of doing that as it has creeped me out recently that people study them in depth and follow a trail!

Which is normally wrong!

I personally am not bothered OP re how many veri's and agree repeat ones show you are not out to shag everyone.

over a year ago

My verifications are from people with whom I've chatted. So anyone trying to judge my sexual history from them will be wasting their time

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

Am i the only who feels that people are using the wrong terminology? Surely, using the term "lowering their standards" is insulting to the person they are with just because they are not exactly what is stated on the profile. We all have preferences but that doesn't mean we shouldn't meet people that fall outside these margins. Most people are pleasant and fun to be with, keeping an open mind makes the scene so much more fun.

Dave

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

"

better to have some showing than none (so only having the Verified Genuine Profile showing)

but if so many from just 1 person may be good to limit displays - a viewer may feel yr to close or only get a shag from that person and no one else

Post new Message to Thread