Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Single guys get bad press!

Jump to newest

By *tman002 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near By

It's true, there are at least 2 single guys on FAB to every other account! But we are not all the same.

Just because I enjoy the finer things in life and enjoying sex and all aspects of it doesn't mean I am out to just fuck and go! Let's not beat around the bush, we are all on here for one reason, sexual enjoyment.

Too many time wasters on this site ruin it for the ones that's are genuine!

Don't think I'm desperate and am on here because I can't get a woman of my own. My job restricts me from meeting people and having a relationship like that of many others! So ladies, couples, we are at least worth a "Thanks but you're not my type" response at least!!

Let me know your thoughts!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Done to death on the forums. Thats my thoughts! Anyway, who said everyone feels that way?

over a year ago

Aye, good luck persuading people to reply. It's the way of fab that ladies and couples in particular just don't have time to reply to everyone. No reply, move on, move up. Don't stress it.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Confused as to whether this is a 'Single guys get a bad press' thread.....A Timewasters ruin it for everyone thread'.....A 'why don't people respond to my posts' thread.....or just a general moan thread.

over a year ago

Yeah actually I would say that there's even more than that and yes I think you get a rough deal.

As in everything else, the few spoil it for the many but that goes for women, men and couples.

Just means you have to work harder at standing out aganst the others ... just be yourself is the best advice

over a year ago

There are a number of ways one can make themselves stand out from the masses. Probably more dignified ways than choosing to say how much better you are than your peers...

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

some get what they deserve

some get what they allow others to deal them

some need to grow a spine and speak up for themselves

some need to stop fawning at the alter of the vagina

some self elevate at the expense of other single guys

and a lot have a fucking great time on here because they shine above the rest..

always be yourself, never compromise your standards and be honest...,

over a year ago

And can someone explain to me how people ruin it for someone else. I don't get it, I really don't.

If someone is being bombarded with shit messages then it makes a half decent one stand out even more.

over a year ago

good and bad in all groups, ive met some lovely single guys, also met some knob heads, but then ive met some dodgy couples too

Its upto us to out the good from the bad, people who say all guys are the same are those who just arnt interested in them, if they was they'd find the good ones, they are out there, they just dont want to, which is fair enough

over a year ago

"It's true, there are at least 2 single guys on FAB to every other account! But we are not all the same.

Just because I enjoy the finer things in life and enjoying sex and all aspects of it doesn't mean I am out to just fuck and go! Let's not beat around the bush, we are all on here for one reason, sexual enjoyment.

Too many time wasters on this site ruin it for the ones that's are genuine!

Don't think I'm desperate and am on here because I can't get a woman of my own. My job restricts me from meeting people and having a relationship like that of many others! So ladies, couples, we are at least worth a "Thanks but you're not my type" response at least!!

Let me know your thoughts!!"

do you feel better for getting that off your chest now lol ......sadly as im sure some might say ; this topic along with "_iew my profile" and "bi men meeting fems etc etc " have been done to death fella

Your frustration is shared and not lost ok - its just that we fed up reading same stuff ..

but hey fella thank you for having ago we love you really --- ok love word was not for real so no big ideas lol

By *tman002 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near By

For those who are sick of reading these sort of topics, after the title what did you expect. No one forced you to read it. As for the others with slightly more constructive things to say... Thanks! It was a rant admittedly but passed the time!

over a year ago

To be honest its a mediocre Tuesday in the forums so thats why I read it.

Don't agree that some single blokes spoil it for others though. That really doesn't make much sense.

By *tman002 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near By

"To be honest its a mediocre Tuesday in the forums so thats why I read it.

Don't agree that some single blokes spoil it for others though. That really doesn't make much sense. "

I've lost count of profiles that say "not looking for single guys any more after bad experiences"

That was my point

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/08/12 14:24:32]

over a year ago

Don't agree that some single blokes spoil it for others though. That really doesn't make much sense.

I've lost count of profiles that say "not looking for single guys any more after bad experiences"

That was my point"

As a bisexual guy meeting either sex for fun off this or any other site is subject to same behaviour - id go as far to say Bi men meeting men get let down far far more than MF meeting by a long way

so Bad experiences are not just for Fems/couples

over a year ago

That was my point"

Do you know the people writing that personally? Maybe it was actually their fault the experience/s went sour.

It never fails to amaze me how many people focus on what they can't change/enjoy on here instead of focussing on what they can.

I hope you understand the irony of each single guy rant, inclusive of yours, adding to the likelyhood of people looking unfavourably on the 'single guy' population.

Personally I still talk to plenty of people who take each person on their merits, without herding or pre-judgement which is how I think life should be, on the site and off - so bravo to that and long may it continue.

over a year ago

I'm a single guy! But I have a life!! Shocking post!!

Man up sunshine!

over a year ago

Oh good, another single guy moaning thread.

We haven't had that in oooooh....all of three hours. Good-o.

over a year ago

Omg this site makes me laugh if that's your way of thinking no wonder you don't get many replies

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/08/12 22:47:38]

over a year ago

Mind you there hasn't been a 'Help with my profile' or 'Does my penis look big in this' thread for at least 2 hours lol

over a year ago

" So ladies, couples, we are at least worth a "Thanks but you're not my type" response at least!!

Let me know your thoughts!!"

I have to say that i will always reply to messages and im always saying sorry your not my type. I hope you find what your looking for happy swinging.

Manners cost nothing

over a year ago

" So ladies, couples, we are at least worth a "Thanks but you're not my type" response at least!!

I have to say that i will always reply to messages and im always saying sorry your not my type. I hope you find what your looking for happy swinging.

Manners cost nothing"

Good post

By *tman002 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near By

Manners cost nothing"

Thanks!!

over a year ago

Manners cost nothing"

100% agree , if they have took the time out there life to look at your profile and have liked it and sent a message then its only fair you take the time to reply , i find it a complement if someone likes my profile even if they are not my type

over a year ago

And those that get 50 odd messages per day, many of which are one-liners, copied and pasted or sent by people who clearly haven't read the profile should totally give up 2 or 3 hours to read and reply to every message.

And then they should give up an extra half hour the following day replying to the "why not?" posts, in addition to that day's messages.

over a year ago

"And those that get 50 odd messages per day, many of which are one-liners, copied and pasted or sent by people who clearly haven't read the profile should totally give up 2 or 3 hours to read and reply to every message.

And then they should give up an extra half hour the following day replying to the "why not?" posts, in addition to that day's messages.

"

Yeah agrees with the one liner posts , i was meaning good messages the ones who have taking time to send you a good message ,even if you dont like them a wee reply saying sorry not for me its only manners, well thats just my opinion everyones different x

over a year ago

"And those that get 50 odd messages per day, many of which are one-liners, copied and pasted or sent by people who clearly haven't read the profile should totally give up 2 or 3 hours to read and reply to every message.

"

No, not saying that.

From your post you are saying yourself you can spot the ones that are copy/pasted & not read your profile, etc. No one would complain if you chose to ignore those.

BUT

In amongst those there will be a few emails from people who HAVE taken their time to read your profile, HAVE sent you a constructive contact, HAVE been polite, HAVEN'T just mailed you with 'wanna fuck' type questions, etc. surely these type of contacts deserve a polite reply, even if it's a 'no thanks'?

I appreciate there are a lot of idiots out there spoiling it for everyone else, BUT if you advertise yourself on a sitte like this how on earth do you have grounds for complaining if people respond to your profile?

There are so many female/couples profiles on here that are purely a list of 'Don't, don't, don't, block, block. block' that personally it is putting me off from contacting anyone!!

over a year ago

"

In amongst those there will be a few emails from people who HAVE taken their time to read your profile, HAVE sent you a constructive contact, HAVE been polite, HAVEN'T just mailed you with 'wanna fuck' type questions, etc. surely these type of contacts deserve a polite reply, even if it's a 'no thanks'?

I appreciate there are a lot of idiots out there spoiling it for everyone else, BUT if you advertise yourself on a sitte like this how on earth do you have grounds for complaining if people respond to your profile?

There are so many female/couples profiles on here that are purely a list of 'Don't, don't, don't, block, block. block' that personally it is putting me off from contacting anyone!!

"

If a profile puts you off surely you shouldn't message it? that's just common sense surely?

As for complaining, the only people I see complaining on this thread are men. No one is complaininig at being contacted, just complaining at the sense of expectation that demands a reply.

Whether you get a no thanks or nothing back the end result is the same so what does it matter?

over a year ago

"

If a profile puts you off surely you shouldn't message it? that's just common sense surely?

As for complaining, the only people I see complaining on this thread are men. No one is complaininig at being contacted, just complaining at the sense of expectation that demands a reply.

Whether you get a no thanks or nothing back the end result is the same so what does it matter?"

Ok, I was making a point, not complaining. It's called 'debate' which is what happens on forums. I was responding to points made by other posts in this thread, (just as you have done to mine, though I get the impression you haven't read some of the previous ones).

The poster I quoted did complain about getting 'so many' time wasted emails hence she deleted and ignored them. So someone WAS complaining about being contacted.

over a year ago

yes single guys get bad press, or is there no smoke without fire??

over a year ago

well here's more smoke, I sifted through 40 odd messages, got it down to 2 most of the rest were the usual "fancy a fuck" or "what you looking for", when our profile is quite specific, contacted those two, one hasn't rung back and the other one all of a sudden wants an afternoon, not the evening, smoke? or flames? I do feel sorry for single guys but this is not the first time we have had this happen

over a year ago

"well here's more smoke, I sifted through 40 odd messages, got it down to 2 most of the rest were the usual "fancy a fuck" or "what you looking for", when our profile is quite specific, contacted those two, one hasn't rung back and the other one all of a sudden wants an afternoon, not the evening, smoke? or flames? I do feel sorry for single guys but this is not the first time we have had this happen"

i think about 1 in 20 we get from single men fit what we are looking for, so agree

over a year ago

It's annoying having the time wasting single guys because it makes it harder for the genuine among us to get anywhere. Some things I hear from women about single guys just piss me off too.

I was lucky enough to get chatting to a good looking girl from Doncaster and hopefully sorting a meet out soon seeing as we're in contact via text. Anyhow I'd noticed she'd deleted her account(was genuine and had a verification from a first meet). Obviously out of curiousity I asked why and she said because she kept getting loads of messages off guys saying they wanted to rape her.

I mean what the fuck? How hard is it to tell a woman that she's physically attractive without being a complete twat? Some of these idiots need shooting in the face.

By *tman002 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near By

[Removed by poster at 08/08/12 15:20:51]

By *tman002 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near By

I would like to add, a I started this thread, that I never copy and paste, write one liners or ask for a fuck straight away in the first message. And surely that's why we are all here, for all forms of sex. So stupid to ask for a fuck... That's obvious.

Anyway I digress...

My original point was, I'm a single guy who takes the time to write a proper message, not pushy about it and generally all round respectful, and I'm annoyed that I get tarred with the same brush as the "fancy a fuck" brigade!!

By *tman002 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near By

"It's annoying having the time wasting single guys because it makes it harder for the genuine among us to get anywhere. Some things I hear from women about single guys just piss me off too.

I was lucky enough to get chatting to a good looking girl from Doncaster and hopefully sorting a meet out soon seeing as we're in contact via text. Anyhow I'd noticed she'd deleted her account(was genuine and had a verification from a first meet). Obviously out of curiousity I asked why and she said because she kept getting loads of messages off guys saying they wanted to rape her.

I mean what the fuck? How hard is it to tell a woman that she's physically attractive without being a complete twat? Some of these idiots need shooting in the face. "

over a year ago

whatever ur approach was, the chances are you`d of got a knock back man

just keep trying and someone will bite eventually

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

To the OP, have you tried dinosaur/cock pics?

over a year ago

"

My original point was, I'm a single guy who takes the time to write a proper message, not pushy about it and generally all round respectful, and I'm annoyed that I get tarred with the same brush as the "fancy a fuck" brigade!!"

The reality is you probably don't. And if you do, do you really want to meet someone who can;t differentiate between the 2.

over a year ago

"It's annoying having the time wasting single guys because it makes it harder for the genuine among us to get anywhere. Some things I hear from women about single guys just piss me off too.

I mean what the fuck? How hard is it to tell a woman that she's physically attractive without being a complete twat? Some of these idiots need shooting in the face. "

I'm sorry I'm not buying that. I've been on here years, it's not something I've ever really seen mentioned on the forums or from people I know. I'm sure there are some sicko's that send that sort of message but "loads" - sorry until this thread is full of women saying that I'm wrong and that does happen I remain sceptical.

Nice touch of irony there in the final paragraph though...

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

zzzz doesn't it get boring with guys coming on here running other guys down and telling us how they are different,that they are genuine etc. Whilst at the same time making it more difficult for themselves and other single guys to get a meet. Mini rant over

over a year ago

"I would like to add, a I started this thread, that I never copy and paste, write one liners or ask for a fuck straight away in the first message. And surely that's why we are all here, for all forms of sex. So stupid to ask for a fuck... That's obvious.

Anyway I digress...

My original point was, I'm a single guy who takes the time to write a proper message, not pushy about it and generally all round respectful, and I'm annoyed that I get tarred with the same brush as the "fancy a fuck" brigade!!"

Quality post, and agree 100%!

I take my time to write a unique message to each person i send one to, and i'm neither rude nor pushy - yet the messages just get deleted straight away without even being read.

I'd understand if i wasn't verified, or sent no decent pics...

Oh well - I've got some great, gorgeous friends on here, so im not complaining too much, just saying.

Happy swinging, y'all !

over a year ago

"

I take my time to write a unique message to each person i send one to, and i'm neither rude nor pushy - yet the messages just get deleted straight away without even being read.

"

well some people will always look at the profile and make their minds up before reading a message, if i had to guess why your messages dont get read it be down to just having a single pic on display that only shows your body, and that you cant accomodate

if someone needs accomodating and wants to see someones face to see if they fancy them or not, they aint going to get that from your profile, so dont read your message to check out your private pics or anything. might not be totally fair but its how peoples minds work

cant win them all though, and you seem to be doing alright, but lots of people check profiles before reading messages, gives you a good idea of how to interupt the message also, but alot of females tend to make their mind up before reading the message, so finding ways to stand out in the crowd always helps!

over a year ago

"

well some people will always look at the profile and make their minds up before reading a message, if i had to guess why your messages dont get read it be down to just having a single pic on display that only shows your body, and that you cant accomodate

if someone needs accomodating and wants to see someones face to see if they fancy them or not, they aint going to get that from your profile, so dont read your message to check out your private pics or anything. might not be totally fair but its how peoples minds work

cant win them all though, and you seem to be doing alright, but lots of people check profiles before reading messages, gives you a good idea of how to interupt the message also, but alot of females tend to make their mind up before reading the message, so finding ways to stand out in the crowd always helps!"

I always send a face pic with the message - i think its that whole Mars/Venus thing!

over a year ago

"My original point was, I'm a single guy who takes the time to write a proper message, not pushy about it and generally all round respectful, and I'm annoyed that I get tarred with the same brush as the "fancy a fuck" brigade!!"

well if you dont want to be tarred with the same brush then you need to find ways to stand out from that crowd mate, find ways to show people your different

why dont you work on improoving your profile then, to help emphaise this

maybe your messages just come accross boring and plain (i think my first messages often do to be honest, they not usually much in there to blow them away, just introduce my self, see how they doing write a few lines about myself encouraging them to check me out and have a nice comment or so about something on their profile so they know why i like them),

boring starter messages which still gets me meets as ive backed up profile to help me stand out from the crowd,

ur profiles aim is to always make the person looking think PHROARRR I WANNA PIECE OF THAT, if it dont then its not doing its job if your a handsome dude like ur self, takes photos and also your profile text needs to hit the right buttons and show your personality and turn them on, not make them feel bad or dislike you for what ever reason

you got decent pics that seem to do you justice so thats a big plus over alot of guys and obv a fit young man, so appearancewise you should do well, now looking at your profile though they are few things i notice that might stop people reading it and move onto the next guy, as your profile does have a few things that i think helps tar you with the same brush as the fancy a fuck bridage!

sometimes it helps to read your profile in the eyes of a lady or someone reading it for the first time. it might be everything that you want but this site isnt about what one person wants, it works best when everythings mutural

reading your profile text and status i think that might be where the problem lies for you

SLIM SQUIRTERS WANTED!!!!

i can imagine status like that is as far as many women on this site will read, how many women even the slim squiters are going to find that sexy and attractive and think oh i must reply to him? id imagine you lost most of their attention after they read that status and its among the first line on your profile

then your asking for subs so if they not subs their interest probally drops off at that point.

then you have a go at BBWs, sure you might not want to meet them so its served its purpose you might think, but your probally putting off people you would actually meet because even if they are fit they are proablly concsious about their body and last thing they want is someone arrogant who they think might make them feel bad about themselves, women do this not only for the nsa fun but it does help bring confidence and make them feel good about themselves too sometimes

are your interests correct? not everyones into watersports so might be off putting to those who cant understand it as its a mega turn off to alot of people too

but your profiles very negative overall, it screams ME ME ME ME !

and this is a trait that the fancy a fuck brigade have, arrogance and what can you do for me, when everything should be mutural

to rise about the single man hump you need to show your something special, as i dont doubt you are, but your profiles not very well thought out and they are a few places where i think you are loosing people who would be interested in hearing more from you

but your good looking lad, can travel and accomodate and have great photos, i just think you might of wrote your profile while your expections were much higher than you thought.

i mean look at mine, your a lot better looking guy than me, but i come accross alot better i think and this is why ive done better

not having a go, just offering some help from stuff ive learnt round here, as when it comes to people reading text you write online its easy for it to come accross the wrong way when all you thought you were doing was being honest or describing what your looking for

over a year ago

"

cant win them all though, and you seem to be doing alright, but lots of people check profiles before reading messages, gives you a good idea of how to interupt the message also, but alot of females tend to make their mind up before reading the message, so finding ways to stand out in the crowd always helps!

I always send a face pic with the message - i think its that whole Mars/Venus thing!"

lmao maybe it is, but like you said your messages aint getting read, if its a nice face pic then it could help you get messages read that aint being read at the moment.

works for me anyways and i dont have ur body lol , at least u got fun anyways !

over a year ago

Copy n Paste as if small minded people do such a silly thing trying to fool pepole that everything they write is original - that on FAB never after its not that we repeat ourselve is it ...

Bi meeting couples

Comment on my Profile

Annal sex

Single men (add your own ending)

etc etc etc etc

Pete in mad mood

over a year ago

Copy n Paste as if small minded people do such a silly thing trying to fool pepole that everything they write is original - that on FAB never after its not that we repeat ourselve is it ...

Bi meeting couples

Comment on my Profile

Annal sex

etc etc etc etc

Pete in mad mood

over a year ago

Bi meeting couples

Comment on my Profile

Annal sex

etc etc etc etc

Pete in mad mood

you get my drift lol

over a year ago

dont forget pesky triple posters lol

By *tman002 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near By

[Removed by poster at 08/08/12 16:46:12]

By *tman002 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near By

Thanks for the advice robbies

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/08/12 09:45:18]

over a year ago

"yes single guys get bad press, or is there no smoke without fire??"

Of course there is smoke and there is fire because there are a lot of single guys who are basically ignorant.

Ignorant of what Swinging is, how to express their interest, how to address people, how to write properly, what good manners means, how to be polite, how to be different and that this isn't 'Shags R Us'.

But it would be nice if others didn't flame every single bloke as if we are all the same.

Post new Message to Thread