Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Definition of a Swinger

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Swinging or (rarely) partner swapping is a non-monogamous behavior, in which singles or partners in a committed relationship engage in sexual activities with others as a recreational or social activity.[1] Swinging can take place in a number of contexts, ranging from spontaneous sexual activity at informal gatherings of friends to planned regular social meetings to hooking up with like-minded people at a swingers' club. It can also involve Internet-based swinger social networking services online.

The phenomenon of swinging, or at least its wider discussion and practice, is regarded by some as arising from the upsurge in sexual activity during the sexual revolution of the 1960s, made possible by the invention of the contraceptive pill and the emergence of treatments for many of the STIs that were known at that time.

The older term wife swapping, once considered to be equivalent to "swinging", is now criticized as being androcentric where it is presumed that the partners are a married heterosexual couple and that it is the male who is in control of the sexual activities and also that it does not accurately describe the full range of sexual activities in which both singles or couples may take part.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Yep I posted that off Wiki yesterday on the 9325th "Is a single person a swinger".....most couples who believe singles aren't swingers ignored it.....

I also posted my definition which was "Feck the labels, can a few of you gizza shag"

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Yep I posted that off Wiki yesterday on the 9325th "Is a single person a swinger".....most couples who believe singles aren't swingers ignored it.....

I also posted my definition which was "Feck the labels, can a few of you gizza shag" "

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Swinging or (rarely) partner swapping is a non-monogamous behavior, in which singles or partners in a committed relationship engage in sexual activities with others as a recreational or social activity.[1] Swinging can take place in a number of contexts, ranging from spontaneous sexual activity at informal gatherings of friends to planned regular social meetings to hooking up with like-minded people at a swingers' club. It can also involve Internet-based swinger social networking services online.

The phenomenon of swinging, or at least its wider discussion and practice, is regarded by some as arising from the upsurge in sexual activity during the sexual revolution of the 1960s, made possible by the invention of the contraceptive pill and the emergence of treatments for many of the STIs that were known at that time.

The older term wife swapping, once considered to be equivalent to "swinging", is now criticized as being androcentric where it is presumed that the partners are a married heterosexual couple and that it is the male who is in control of the sexual activities and also that it does not accurately describe the full range of sexual activities in which both singles or couples may take part."

im a very innocent man never done rude things so i thought "swingers" meant people from the 60's ? or people who are good on swings ???? have i got that wrong lol hehehehe

Post new Message to Thread