Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

What makes us the way we are?

Jump to newest

By *helmercple OP   Couple
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I just wondered what makes swingers different. We have loads of fun and still love each other very much, but friends of ours who are not swingers seem wrapped up in jealously. looking at a member of the opposite sex would cause a row between them. Are swingers missing that jealousy gene?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

I've always thought it's the other way round... swingers aren't missing anything, non-swingers just haven't yet realised that they don't have to conform to societal norms that they may actually disagree with.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of guys at work who joke about wanting to shag the fit bird from accounts, or the dirty-looking girl in HR... then go home to their 2.4 kids and their boring missionary-position-sex with the wife.

Society has changed and continues to do so... divorce wasn't as prevalent when I was growing up, mixed-race marriages were almost unheard of when I was a nipper, gays and lesbians were ostracised... nowadays we don't think anything about any of those scenarios. Perhaps eventually society's view on sexuality, in particular monogamy versus polygamy , will change too.

So, I don't think swingers are missing anything. I think we're just trend setters.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I just wondered what makes swingers different. We have loads of fun and still love each other very much, but friends of ours who are not swingers seem wrapped up in jealously. looking at a member of the opposite sex would cause a row between them. Are swingers missing that jealousy gene?"

Swingers are devoid of jealousy? Yeah right...

By *helmercple OP   Couple
over a year ago

Chelmsford

" Swingers are devoid of jealousy? Yeah right..."

I suppose devoid of jealousy was a bit of a sweeping statement but you get the jist of what I meant.

over a year ago

I don't think humans were meant to be monogamous the same way no other animal is really monogamous. Society must've been fucked up in the first place and only now that people are daring to go against the 'norms' are we finding that what we had in the first place wasn't really normal at all.

over a year ago

We think swinging does away with deceipt, lying, jealous etc because you are being 100% honest and open with your partner. The 'non swingers' can never be that open and honest.

over a year ago

^Good point there. There are people playing single with consent from the other half that they are still with so technically it's still swinging.

Whereas the ones doing it behind someone's back isn't really swinging.

Post new Message to Thread