Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Is a single a swinger?

Jump to newest

By *un Knights OP   Couple
over a year ago

South West

Chatting at a party the subject came up of single swingers and are they really swingers. Couples who have sex with others are obviously swinging but a single guy or girl who is having sex with lots of other people is simply having lots of sex seemed to be the opinion.

After all if being single and having sex with a number of people makes someone a swinger then unless you have only ever been out with one person you must be a swinger, the point was made that this would probably make most kids today between 16-21 swingers as they are out most weekends with different people.

We think we kind of get where the thought process was going but wondered what others on here think?

For us it is not that important the name as long as we are having sexy fun and have played with both single girls and guys and will do in the future.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I wouldn't class a single who just meets others 1 on 1 as swinging

But I would if it's a single who enjoys group sex / parties etc..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Does it really matter?

Is it not all about enjoying recreational sex?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 04/08/12 08:45:48]

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I joined a swingers site for sex with bi couples. If they choose to meet me and we have a great time, that's all that matters to be.

They can describe me as a swinger, single, or a bit of hired cock for the night.... I don't really care

over a year ago

"I wouldn't class a single who just meets others 1 on 1 as swinging

But I would if it's a single who enjoys group sex / parties etc.."

What if that single had enjoyed group sex and parties as half as a couple but while single was happy with 1 on 1 meet? Does he then stop being a swinger?

over a year ago

"Does it really matter?

Is it not all about enjoying recreational sex?

"

long as everyone is having fun, then dont need a label.

I would say 1:1 isn't swinging but if meet couples for threesomes, groups, parties etc then maybe it is classed as swinging then. shouldn't matter on its classification, more about whether everyone is enjoying themselves.

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

What if that single had enjoyed group sex and parties as half as a couple but while single was happy with 1 on 1 meet? Does he then stop being a swinger?"

They're still a swinger.... Just not swinging at that time.. imo

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

What if that single had enjoyed group sex and parties as half as a couple but while single was happy with 1 on 1 meet? Does he then stop being a swinger?

"

so it doesnt count to their swinging miles badge then??

over a year ago

"

Is there a time limit on a couple having had a recent meet before we define them as "not swinging at that time?"

I really fail the need to define and label people. It smacks of elitism.

over a year ago

evesham

Is there a time limit on a couple having had a recent meet before we define them as "not swinging at that time?"

I really fail the need to define and label people. It smacks of elitism."

By *eavy Metal BallzMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I think it's more a state of mind than anything else, if that makes sense?

over a year ago

as a straight girl who doesn't meet couples and have no interest in group situations then no i am not a swinger

over a year ago

I only meet single gents for one to one fun, either privately or at swingers clubs.

Whether it makes me a swinger or not, I don't really care!

over a year ago

"I joined a swingers site for sex with bi couples. If they choose to meet me and we have a great time, that's all that matters to be.

They can describe me as a swinger, single, or a bit of hired cock for the night.... I don't really care

"

over a year ago

What gets kev is when single guys says that they wouldn't share their girlfriend or wife yet they are happy to have sex with other men's wife's or girlfriends, double standards I think

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

some couples tend to be high and mighty in there opinion of what they call swinging when it comes to single guys....

but when they are looking for single women to play with, you find these opinions tend to "disappear" rather quickly.....

for me "swinger" is just a small part of what makes me "me"......

over a year ago

"What gets kev is when single guys says that they wouldn't share their girlfriend or wife yet they are happy to have sex with other men's wife's or girlfriends, double standards I think"

if that wife or girlfriend wanted to have sex with them then where is the issue..

if i were to be in a relationship id not be seeking a swinging one, but if i met a man who was married (with his wifes consent) id have no issue with it

over a year ago

evesham

"What gets kev is when single guys says that they wouldn't share their girlfriend or wife yet they are happy to have sex with other men's wife's or girlfriends, double standards I think"

not really, just shows that they kow they couldnt handle sharing. the only thoughts on that matter that are of any concern are your partners....if they are happy to share thats great.

why would you want to force someoe into sharing their partner?

over a year ago

I am single and I am definitely not a swinger.

over a year ago

"some couples tend to be high and mighty in there opinion of what they call swinging when it comes to single guys....

but when they are looking for single women to play with, you find these opinions tend to "disappear" rather quickly.....

for me "swinger" is just a small part of what makes me "me"......"

I haven't noticed any people/ couples with high and mighty opinions.

Or people that change their opinions depending on what they are looking for...

(OP, that's not aimed at you. Your question is possibly my most favourite, thank you for posting it. You made me smile. xx)

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

if meeting people for nsa sex makes you a swinger, then surely every d*unken fcuker on a saturday night out on the town are thusly labelled.

no, for me, singles are not swingers, but thats not to say they dont have their place on the scene, its just swingers, by definition, swap partners, so unless a single is gonna wank off the other guy/girl, they arent really swapping anything lol

over a year ago

"if meeting people for nsa sex makes you a swinger, then surely every d*unken fcuker on a saturday night out on the town are thusly labelled.

no, for me, singles are not swingers, but thats not to say they dont have their place on the scene, its just swingers, by definition, swap partners, so unless a single is gonna wank off the other guy/girl, they arent really swapping anything lol"

Careful!!!!

Almost sounds like you're indicating bi guys/gals are swingers and straight ones aren't!!! Lol

over a year ago

But I would if it's a single who enjoys group sex / parties etc.."

That's me...........a swingle

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I enable swingers.

By *orkscrew CurlsWoman
over a year ago

Loughborough Leics

Yes I'm single, and meet men for sex, but its an informed, sober choice. I would say that I am on the swinging scene as I now have lots of friends who are swingers, have been to parties and clubs and understand the lifestyle. Its different to being randomly promiscuous....

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

Surely what matters is what you too want, and it shouldn't bother Kev what a single person might do if and when they are in their own future relationship.

You have stated single men not happy to share their future GF/wife but it's equally true that single women, if in a future relationship may not wish to swing or allow their futire partner to have sex with anyone other than themselves. There's plenty of people male and female whom fall into that category on this site.

If you and Kev are both happy to have sex with a single man or woman, then thats great but it definately isn't double standards for when that man or woman becomes involved in their own relationship that they choose not to swing anymore. For that matter is it double standards for a couple who currently swing, then at some future point break up and carry on swinging as a single, then meet someone else and stop swinging because they don't want to share thier new guy/woman are guilty of double standards too........you could take this on ad infinitum.

over a year ago

how about swingles who are paid up members of swinging clubs...by some of your definitions they shouldnt even be allowed in...what a very boring club that would be lol!

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"Chatting at a party the subject came up of single swingers and are they really swingers. Couples who have sex with others are obviously swinging but a single guy or girl who is having sex with lots of other people is simply having lots of sex seemed to be the opinion.

After all if being single and having sex with a number of people makes someone a swinger then unless you have only ever been out with one person you must be a swinger, the point was made that this would probably make most kids today between 16-21 swingers as they are out most weekends with different people.

We think we kind of get where the thought process was going but wondered what others on here think?

For us it is not that important the name as long as we are having sexy fun and have played with both single girls and guys and will do in the future."

I think your conversation at this party got way too deep.....

But as you've raised the subject, I think I'd define a single swinger as someone who has sex with other people with the agreement of that other persons partner. In other words it could be one to one, but the partner/spouse is well aware that the meet includes sex. In addition a sigle would also be a swinger if he/she had sex with more than one person at the same time, irrespective of whether all participants were singles or not.

A single lady I know from Canada claimed she wasn't a swinger because she was only having sex with the woman while the hubby was there taking pics and he was only having sex with his wife even if his wife was eating her out at the same time. I personally disagreed with her on the basis that involving another person(s) into your joint sex life to me is definately swinging

over a year ago

"What gets kev is when single guys says that they wouldn't share their girlfriend or wife yet they are happy to have sex with other men's wife's or girlfriends, double standards I think

Surely what matters is what you too want, and it shouldn't bother Kev what a single person might do if and when they are in their own future relationship.

You have stated single men not happy to share their future GF/wife but it's equally true that single women, if in a future relationship may not wish to swing or allow their futire partner to have sex with anyone other than themselves. There's plenty of people male and female whom fall into that category on this site.

If you and Kev are both happy to have sex with a single man or woman, then thats great but it definately isn't double standards for when that man or woman becomes involved in their own relationship that they choose not to swing anymore. For that matter is it double standards for a couple who currently swing, then at some future point break up and carry on swinging as a single, then meet someone else and stop swinging because they don't want to share thier new guy/woman are guilty of double standards too........you could take this on ad infinitum."

I think you miss the point. It's about mutual respect and in the scenario given, which is a pretty common _iewpoint there is no respect coming from the single male.

By *un Knights OP   Couple
over a year ago

South West

"if meeting people for nsa sex makes you a swinger, then surely every d*unken fcuker on a saturday night out on the town are thusly labelled.

no, for me, singles are not swingers, but thats not to say they dont have their place on the scene, its just swingers, by definition, swap partners, so unless a single is gonna wank off the other guy/girl, they arent really swapping anything lol"

This was kind of where the discussion was going and the d*unken antics of so many out on the town. Most thought a swinger was someone who had decided to live a certain lifestyle when it came to sex for its fun and pleasures as opposed to d*unken singles simply trying to get off with anyone before the night is over.

We are not judging either way as far as we go as long as no one is being hurt, physically or emotionally, then carry on and enjoy yourselves.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"What gets kev is when single guys says that they wouldn't share their girlfriend or wife yet they are happy to have sex with other men's wife's or girlfriends, double standards I think

If you and Kev are both happy to have sex with a single man or woman, then thats great but it definately isn't double standards for when that man or woman becomes involved in their own relationship that they choose not to swing anymore. For that matter is it double standards for a couple who currently swing, then at some future point break up and carry on swinging as a single, then meet someone else and stop swinging because they don't want to share thier new guy/woman are guilty of double standards too........you could take this on ad infinitum.

I think you miss the point. It's about mutual respect and in the scenario given, which is a pretty common _iewpoint there is no respect coming from the single male."

I think I must have missed the point then, please explain how you interpret it. The only way that I can see Kev having a problem with a single guy saying this, is if the single guy is actually in the meet with Kev and his lady, in which case I agree it is disrespectful

over a year ago

I'd claSS myself more a swinger than some couples....

my further question would be, especially from a couples _iewpoint(I have been one a few times), the acceptance of single females as swingers more than single men...its just nonsense.

The couples to couples only _iew of swinging is as draconian as those _iews of us fat smelly stupid low-class car-keys in the bowl swingers, that the newspapers report

over a year ago

"some couples tend to be high and mighty in there opinion of what they call swinging when it comes to single guys....

for me "swinger" is just a small part of what makes me "me"......"

Yeah, funny that.

I'm not bothered whether or not I'm classed as a swinger as I'm here to have fun. But as it's been pointed out, there is an element of hypocrisy if you you dig too deep.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Must admit this debate has never come up when I am at a club. Mainly because I had my mouth full, but still.

over a year ago

"I'd claSS myself more a swinger than some couples....

my further question would be, especially from a couples _iewpoint(I have been one a few times), the acceptance of single females as swingers more than single men...its just nonsense.

The couples to couples only _iew of swinging is as draconian as those _iews of us fat smelly stupid low-class car-keys in the bowl swingers, that the newspapers report"

So if a couple has sex with another couple... they are swingers.

If a couple has sex with a single.... they are not swingers.

over a year ago

aaannnd without offending anyone...who's met the couples that attend parties/clubs/meets and never play..they have been on the scene for years..but never actually swapped with anyone?????

Or those into soft-swing....whats that about..must make them -1swingers eh?

I wouldnt class them as any less than swingers, despite the fact I've no pummelled his wife!

I've even educated people (meets) about socials etc etc, half of them never knew about the scene thats out there.Some of us singles understand the scene better than a lot couples...and we arent swingers?-ayeright...

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

no, for me, singles are not swingers, but thats not to say they dont have their place on the scene, its just swingers, by definition, swap partners, so unless a single is gonna wank off the other guy/girl, they arent really swapping anything lol

Careful!!!!

Almost sounds like you're indicating bi guys/gals are swingers and straight ones aren't!!! Lol "

actually, if you read the context, its about swapping sexual partners, and seeings as your is your right hand, then thats what you have the exchange, as it were.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Does it really matter, i use this site as a single woman and most of my meets are with single guys, i also meet with jay, i never talk about that side of my meets on here cause thats what i do as a couple. Jay also has a single profile on another major site.

So maybe sometimes im a swinger and sometimes im not lol

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"aaannnd without offending anyone...who's met the couples that attend parties/clubs/meets and never play..they have been on the scene for years..but never actually swapped with anyone?????

I wouldnt class them as any less than swingers, despite the fact I've no pummelled his wife!

I've even educated people (meets) about socials etc etc, half of them never knew about the scene thats out there.Some of us singles understand the scene better than a lot couples...and we arent swingers?-ayeright..."

again, the dictionary definition is to swap.

if you are singles, you have nothing to swap, so ergo, you are not a labelled swinger.

does it mean you cant be on the scene?

of course not.

everyone has their place on the scene as its wide and varied.

swinging does not just mean you stick your dick in a hole, there are many faceted areas of it (from voyeurism through to gangbangs and orgies).

you cannot label a particular 'activity' as swinging or not, but you can label a person whether they are or not.

over a year ago

I would say, a single that would do it with their partner, is a swinger. a single that would not isnt.

over a year ago

"aaannnd without offending anyone...who's met the couples that attend parties/clubs/meets and never play..they have been on the scene for years..but never actually swapped with anyone?????

I've even educated people (meets) about socials etc etc, half of them never knew about the scene thats out there.Some of us singles understand the scene better than a lot couples...and we arent swingers?-ayeright...

again, the dictionary definition is to swap.

if you are singles, you have nothing to swap, so ergo, you are not a labelled swinger.

does it mean you cant be on the scene?

of course not.

everyone has their place on the scene as its wide and varied.

swinging does not just mean you stick your dick in a hole, there are many faceted areas of it (from voyeurism through to gangbangs and orgies).

you cannot label a particular 'activity' as swinging or not, but you can label a person whether they are or not."

so again my definition of the couple who dont actually have sex with anyone?- what are they sharing?---well I'd say sharing openness to a degree

essentially they are still swingers, regardless of what the dictionary definition is

and to ur gangbang point, that can be a swapping , the husband(usually a voyuer) shares his wife with men...and of course she shares herself with us(men)

I also think the dictionary definition would lead us to believe that all 'proper swingers' are married

over a year ago

I'm a swingle just like a pringle once you have one you want more and I have a big tube as well

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"swinging does not just mean you stick your dick in a hole, there are many faceted areas of it (from voyeurism through to gangbangs and orgies).

you cannot label a particular 'activity' as swinging or not, but you can label a person whether they are or not."

But I do all those activities and more.

I don't care whether people consider me a swinger or not. It's not a club where you get airmiles the more you shag (I wish) and it tends to be the more dull people who debate who is a swinger, whether fuckbuddy couples are swingers, or whether single blokes should be allowed in clubs. I'll be over with the people shagging, but the people debating could get the drinks in if they're nearer the bar.

over a year ago

"Must admit this debate has never come up when I am at a club. Mainly because I had my mouth full, but still. "

over a year ago

I also think some couples turn to a form of polygamy...whatta shame eh?..having the same cock and fanny over every week..yaaaawwwwwn lol-worse when they get jealous I bet

"what u's doing tonight??"

"erm..going out"

"where?"

"just out"

"can we come?"

"No...sorry"

"ur seeing someones behind our backs arent u?"

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"so again my definition of the couple who dont actually have sex with anyone?- what are they sharing?---well I'd say sharing openness to a degree

essentially they are still swingers, regardless of what the dictionary definition is

and to ur gangbang point, that can be a swapping , the husband(usually a voyuer) shares his wife with men...and of course she shares herself with us(men)

I also think the dictionary definition would lead us to believe that all 'proper swingers' are married

"

so, as swinging is about sharing/swapping and not about having sex, we have already ascertained it can encompass voyeurism.

as a soft sing couple ourselves, we have oral sex with other parties, thats what we share/swap.

are you saying, whether single or couples, you have to have full sex to be deemed a swinger?

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"But I do all those activities and more.

I don't care whether people consider me a swinger or not. It's not a club where you get airmiles the more you shag (I wish) and it tends to be the more dull people who debate who is a swinger, whether fuckbuddy couples are swingers, or whether single blokes should be allowed in clubs. I'll be over with the people shagging, but the people debating could get the drinks in if they're nearer the bar. "

and i have said, single people have a place on the scene, absolutely, whether it is for couples to have 3somes, or clubs to make money, whatever, everyone has a place.

its all encompassing.

its not the activities that are labelled, its the person.

i wouldnt tell someone they arent a swinger, as everyone has a right to label themselves as they see fit, im just using the dictionary definition for a fixed set point.

over a year ago

I'm a paid up member of fabswingers and they are happy to have me on the site so yes I class myself as a swingle.

I am bi, enjoy meets with couples, groups, 1 to 1 male or female .... if I didn't think of myself as a swingle I'd have to say I'm a slut!

over a year ago

"so again my definition of the couple who dont actually have sex with anyone?- what are they sharing?---well I'd say sharing openness to a degree

so, as swinging is about sharing/swapping and not about having sex, we have already ascertained it can encompass voyeurism.

as a soft sing couple ourselves, we have oral sex with other parties, thats what we share/swap.

are you saying, whether single or couples, you have to have full sex to be deemed a swinger?"

lol lovedup..I hadnt even looked at ur profile for a while, or remember seeing the soft swing part.

Why would I think u less a swinger , when i dont mind a bj? or licking out a pussy?...or just being in the general vicinity as an open minded pair?

I share myself-regardless of the dictionary definition, as do u's-the very fact we are discussing the issiue right now is a sharing thing...and we are on a swinging forum..its a start.

If I was just after sex..I'd be mailing u pics of my cock and asking if u were up for a fuck...that reminds me...I need to find some action tonite!

over a year ago

And good point raised Lovedup.

Many couples who I meet at clubs are there for soft swap, more watching a live porn show before getting it on with each other ....... are they or are they not swingers?

over a year ago

"I'm a paid up member of fabswingers and they are happy to have me on the site so yes I class myself as a swingle.

I am bi, enjoy meets with couples, groups, 1 to 1 male or female .... if I didn't think of myself as a swingle I'd have to say I'm a slut! "

Well said my lovely

over a year ago

"I'm a paid up member of fabswingers and they are happy to have me on the site so yes I class myself as a swingle.

I am bi, enjoy meets with couples, groups, 1 to 1 male or female .... if I didn't think of myself as a swingle I'd have to say I'm a slut!

Well said my lovely "

Also think there would be a lot of disappointed couples if every single male and female stopped playing, I hear it's difficult to get all four to fancy each other.

over a year ago

Before the PC brigaide got a hold......we were "wife swappers" you can't swap what you dont have now we are "swingers" the same rules apply.....If you are "single" you are not a swinger but you take part in swinging

over a year ago

"Before the PC brigaide got a hold......we were "wife swappers" you can't swap what you dont have now we are "swingers" the same rules apply.....If you are "single" you are not a swinger but you take part in swinging"

What about couples who soft swing?

over a year ago

"me...........a swingle "

over a year ago

I am a swingle x

over a year ago

"Before the PC brigaide got a hold......we were "wife swappers" you can't swap what you dont have now we are "swingers" the same rules apply.....If you are "single" you are not a swinger but you take part in swinging"

what you do and how far you go when "swinging" is not an issue... because some swingers take it up the arse and i dont does that mean im not a swinger

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

Well said my lovely

Also think there would be a lot of disappointed couples if every single male and female stopped playing, I hear it's difficult to get all four to fancy each other. "

who says singles cant swing?

do you have to be a farmer to ahve an interest in farming?

a golfer to like playing golf?

of course not!

over a year ago

"Before the PC brigaide got a hold......we were "wife swappers" you can't swap what you dont have now we are "swingers" the same rules apply.....If you are "single" you are not a swinger but you take part in swinging

what you do and how far you go when "swinging" is not an issue... because some swingers take it up the arse and i dont does that mean im not a swinger"

Swinging to me means sharing, I may not have a partner (but can soon get one if needed) to share but I do have my body which I'm sharing.

over a year ago

"Before the PC brigaide got a hold......we were "wife swappers" you can't swap what you dont have now we are "swingers" the same rules apply.....If you are "single" you are not a swinger but you take part in swinging

what you do and how far you go when "swinging" is not an issue... because some swingers take it up the arse and i dont does that mean im not a swinger"

I was a swinging cpl...not fuckbuddies, actually living together...now i'm single..I'm not a swinger???...all my experience is disregarded ?...is it fuck, like I say...i've seen cpls go to clubs and have no clue about how to properly behave in a swinging environment..unable to organize themselves into play or getting jealous if one half is wanting to play or getting attention.

swingle dynamics can win, even those who just get together for the odd actual NSA part of the lifestyle can vastly outweigh the so called dictionary defined swingers.

over a year ago

I think being a swinger is more than just about having sex with lots of people, to me being on here isnt the same as when i was 18 pulling in a pub

To me swinging is more a state of mind than a act

I personally wouldnt class myself as a swinger because i dont like the term, but singles who meet other for sex, be that 1 on 1, 3sums, more sums, gang bangs club and parties, then yeah why cant they be swingers if that how they choose to label themselves

over a year ago

Well said my lovely "

Also to say im not a swinger i get a hell of a lot of mail of couples wanting to meet me

over a year ago

Forgive me but I haven't read all the Thread as I got the jist early on but we have been here before on a recent Thread and if someone thinks I (as a single bloke) am not a Swinger then fine.

But I bet the same people (normally couples) think a single female is Swinger....

Had someone have a pop along the same lines in a Thread saying 'Single blokes are only after a quick shag and share nothing ..'.As my reply was quite well received I think that maybe us single blokes DO have a part to play in Swinging. And erm ...if we do..erm ..doesn't that make us Swingers?

If you play golf you are a golfer ?

over a year ago

I see you don't meet single blokes ..and that is fine and presumably because we aren't 'swingers'.

But I see you like to meet single women. Presumably because they are swingers.

Now I may be confused.com but correct me if I am wrong here. When you play with a couple you are Swinging (or wife swapping) ..but when you meet a single woman you aren't. Or are you? But then she is a Swinger because she is female. Or maybe she isn't?

over a year ago

I see you don't meet single blokes ..and that is fine and presumably because we aren't 'swingers'.

Now I may be confused.com but correct me if I am wrong here. When you play with a couple you are Swinging (or wife swapping) ..but when you meet a single woman you aren't. Or are you? But then she is a Swinger because she is female. Or maybe she isn't?

"

In case chris your memory so fucking short you forget you were one of the first single guys we met.

If you could be bothered to read our veris you will see we do meet single guys the reason we have men not set as a preference is so we dont come up on mens searches.

we have nothing against singles of any sex taking part... but if you read the gist of this thread its about weather you should be called swingers. we say not.

A farmer is called a farmer because he has some land that he "farms"

a worker on that farm is not a farmer he is “farm worker” but still a VERY important part of that lifestyle

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"But I do all those activities and more.

I don't care whether people consider me a swinger or not. It's not a club where you get airmiles the more you shag (I wish) and it tends to be the more dull people who debate who is a swinger, whether fuckbuddy couples are swingers, or whether single blokes should be allowed in clubs. I'll be over with the people shagging, but the people debating could get the drinks in if they're nearer the bar.

and i have said, single people have a place on the scene, absolutely, whether it is for couples to have 3somes, or clubs to make money, whatever, everyone has a place.

its all encompassing.

its not the activities that are labelled, its the person.

i wouldnt tell someone they arent a swinger, as everyone has a right to label themselves as they see fit, im just using the dictionary definition for a fixed set point."

Dictionary definitions change. 'Lunch' was defined in Dr Johnsons first dictionary as 'enough food to fit in the hand'.

But labelling people is just odd. As long as we all have fun, who gives a crap?

over a year ago

In case chris your memory so fucking short you forget you were one of the first single guys we met.

If you could be bothered to read our veris you will see we do meet single guys the reason we have men not set as a preference is so we dont come up on mens searches.

we have nothing against singles of any sex taking part... but if you read the gist of this thread its about weather you should be called swingers. we say not.

a worker on that farm is not a farmer he is “farm worker” but still a VERY important part of that lifestyle

"

the last part is where the annoyance would lie, not being called a swinger but someone who 'works' for the couple?????????-I share my time and my sexuality thats what makes me a swinger.

I dont bend over backwards for anyone, and I've said things in the past about couples...u essentially become single in the sexual terminology when u involve others in ur sex life.

singles arent here as toys, we are here to share with each other regardless of our gender or relationship status.

over a year ago

"

You know when I said way early on on the thread that a lot of this smacks of elitism, well I'd like to present to the ladies and gentlemen of the jury Exhibit A - elitism at it's finest.

Wow, I mean seriously WOW

over a year ago

evesham

"

but if the workers go on strike the farmers business collapses....

this is a perfect case of 'we the couples, the royalty of swinging permit the peasant singles to play at our game'

over a year ago

A couple who meet another couple and swap parners thats not really swinging thats just swapping partners,swinging is group sex orgies etc, single or couple,

over a year ago

Maybe I am wrong but swinging is a lifestyle choice whether you are single or in a couple x

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

" You know when I said way early on on the thread that a lot of this smacks of elitism, well I'd like to present to the ladies and gentlemen of the jury Exhibit A - elitism at it's finest.

Wow, I mean seriously WOW "

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Are singles swingers….. I’d guess some are and most aren’t – depending on how you define being a swinger.

I take the _iew that being a swinger is about believing the recreational side of sex doesn’t need to be limited to 1-2-1 with your partner once you enter a committed relationship.

A truck driver finishes his last shift before being layed-off. He gets in his car and drives home…. does he ceases to be able to refer to himself as a trucker? I would say he can, even though he may not be doing much trucking at the moment. Much in the same way people who have swung are still swingers if they still believe in the ethos.

The singles who I feel are not swingers are:

1 - The ones who call themselves swingers to differentiate themselves from other singles who shag around… as if the label places you higher up the morality hierarchy. These people do make me laugh. Every once in a while you’ll see a comment along the lines of “I’m not some dirty slapper pulling people in a pub. I’m a swinger”. News flash!... whatever derogatory terms you choose to use to describe that other person, it is you!

2 - And then there are the ones who like to think any sex is swinging, so even though they are only looking for 1-2-1 sex (and may be even with only one person during any one period of time) they want to call themselves a swinger. I can drive a car and I have played Gran Turismo more times than I can count…. I still don’t feel the need to call myself an F1 driver went I do a track day at Silverstone. So this label stretching seems to be some sort of need to expand an existing label to satisfy a sense of belonging. This can be an indication that things are not brilliant in their life away from the keyboard. … or they just haven’t got the first clue what it all means, they just saw an empty seat on the bandwagon.

3 - The ones who say they wouldn’t swing if they were in a relationship (or they have no intention whatsoever of involving the partner they currently have). Well these people fall into at least 2 sub-groups. … A) no partner of mine is gonna be fucking other people…. B) I couldn’t cope with other people sharing the intimacy of sex with my partner.

Sub-group A tend to be men and I can understand why couples may feel miffed at finding out they have just invited one of them around for sex. This group have the underlying pejorative attitude towards couples who swing…. attitudes such as how sad it must be to not be enough on your own to please your wife that you need to get other men in to do the job or who on earth wants to marry a slapper who gives it out more than candy at Halloween…. my wife won’t be like that. Women are not excluded from this sub-group, though they often manifest their underlying deprecating attitudes in different ways…. doing this on the sly and keeping their bones in the closet as they believe their future partner would be justified to think of their previous activities as knocking them out of the marriage material category…. tainted, soiled, slapper…. and so on.

Sub-group B…. ahhhh the people who admire the couples who swing, they have no disapproving thoughts towards those who do but say they could not cope with doing it with a partner of their own. But you gatta ask yourself…. aren’t they just as likely to find it difficult to cope with sharing their fuck-buddies/FWB, those people they have formed a bond with? Are these the singles you see having verification wars, pissing up gateposts to mark their patch, posting in the forum those little oh so innocent comments to tell everyone else “this person is mine” and all those other things most of us chuckle at. Captain!.... there’s a Klingon vessel approaching!

Labels are useful. It doesn’t need to be about elitism or sanitising an individual’s own hang-ups …. but they are only useful if they actually mean something. We’d all be a bit miffed if we needed an ambulance and a Mr Whippy van turned up. Sometimes nearly the same thing isn't enough.

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

@ Polo, great post

I don't agree with all that you've said, but it was a very enjoyable read.

over a year ago

I don't see myself as a swinger, just a busy woman who wants sex with no commitment or the crap of having to get to know someone for ages beforehand.

over a year ago

I'd say 'singles' aren't really swingers. Obviously there's a place for them within swinging but if they aren't sharing anybody then it's not really swinging for them. I'd class two singles teaming up as a 'couple' still swinging even if they don't have the same emotional attachment as an actual couple.

Me and my ex are both on here as singles but never met anybody as a couple. Until we'd both agreed that the relationship was over properly i'd say it still classed as swinging because we were essentially sharing each other even though we weren't involved or interested in what each other was getting upto.

over a year ago

"I'd say 'singles' aren't really swingers. Obviously there's a place for them within swinging but if they aren't sharing anybody then it's not really swinging for them. I'd class two singles teaming up as a 'couple' still swinging even if they don't have the same emotional attachment as an actual couple.

Me and my ex are both on here as singles but never met anybody as a couple. Until we'd both agreed that the relationship was over properly i'd say it still classed as swinging because we were essentially sharing each other even though we weren't involved or interested in what each other was getting upto."

fuckbuddy and couple- two words that should never be used together.

single.

sharing oneself is just as important than a cpl who share themselves...when ppl start believing they have the hierarchy in swinging terms, they tend to forget they are just a cock+fanny(add in anything else thats about being more than a piece of meet of course)

over a year ago

I suppose there are couples out there who feel like they are above singles in their 'hierarchy'.

over a year ago

"I suppose there are couples out there who feel like they are above singles in their 'hierarchy'."

Oh yes, there are a fair few of those I have encountered over the years.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

There are other definitions of swingers.....

A person who engages freely in promiscuous sex

a person who swaps sexual partners in a group, esp habitually(thefreedictionary.com)

a person who dates/sleeps with multiple people at the same time. (urbandictionary)

Wiki sez

Swinging or (rarely) partner swapping is a non-monogamous behavior, in which singles or partners in a committed relationship engage in sexual activities with others as a recreational or social activity.[1] Swinging can take place in a number of contexts, ranging from spontaneous sexual activity at informal gatherings of friends to planned regular social meetings to hooking up with like-minded people at a swingers' club. It can also involve Internet-based swinger social networking services online.

The phenomenon of swinging, or at least its wider discussion and practice, is regarded by some as arising from the upsurge in sexual activity during the sexual revolution of the 1960s, made possible by the invention of the contraceptive pill and the emergence of treatments for many of the STIs that were known at that time.

The older term wife swapping, once considered to be equivalent to "swinging", is now criticized as being androcentric where it is presumed that the partners are a married heterosexual couple and that it is the male who is in control of the sexual activities and also that it does not accurately describe the full range of sexual activities in which both singles or couples may take part.

Don't care what the fecking label is, can a few of you gizza shag (BlondeCaz)

over a year ago

In a word No lol

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

If wiki says it it must be true

over a year ago

We're probably just old fashioned, traditional or whatever,as far as swinging is concerned.

But to us swingers are couples having sex with other couples, whether between two couples or multiples of couples.

We don't meet singles of either sex and don't class them as swingers.

Yes, singles at parties do enjoy sex with couples and vice versa but we'd say that its only the couples who are swapping partners that are swingers.

XXXX

over a year ago

"We're probably just old fashioned, traditional or whatever,as far as swinging is concerned.

But to us swingers are couples having sex with other couples, whether between two couples or multiples of couples.

Yes, singles at parties do enjoy sex with couples and vice versa but we'd say that its only the couples who are swapping partners that are swingers.

XXXX"

over a year ago

Like everything swinging has evolved from back in the day like I say I am single and I love the swinging lifestyle not just the sexual freedom but the social side of it and I know for a fact I could never do a straight relationship so yes I am a swinger and I have been the past 4 years x

over a year ago

"We're probably just old fashioned, traditional or whatever,as far as swinging is concerned.

XXXX"

YES AGREE on one thing you old fashion, i agree with shazz its a lifestyle choice, personaly i would not class you two as swingers just, wife swappers

over a year ago

"Like everything swinging has evolved from back in the day like I say I am single and I love the swinging lifestyle not just the sexual freedom but the social side of it and I know for a fact I could never do a straight relationship so yes I am a swinger and I have been the past 4 years x"

ever wondered why so many equally hot couples cant get the meets they want?-mainly cos they cant organize themselves into the goforit attitude...so many dynamics(and jealousy of the prospective meet can show), the worries of the male/female half fancying the other, or them being better at sex than the other...)-Its great to see cpls enjoying meets..but lots of them lack experience, some I see on the usual threads,some i see from simple status's,some i see in club/party environments...in fact they can often be more embarrassing than the lone single male wanker,the agressive/possessive/jealous hubby can also be found to be scouring his eyes at anyone looking at HIS wife,the wife that storms off seeing her hubby get more involved in a shag.....

sometimes I'd like to be a fly on the wall,listening to a possible discussion on whats maybe gonna happen at the meet/club/party.

If I'm sounding anti-cpl, I'd have to say i'm very not...I'm just anti-peopletalkingshite most times on something theyve done once every few months.

unlike us single whores

over a year ago

"Like everything swinging has evolved from back in the day like I say I am single and I love the swinging lifestyle not just the sexual freedom but the social side of it and I know for a fact I could never do a straight relationship so yes I am a swinger and I have been the past 4 years x

ever wondered why so many equally hot couples cant get the meets they want?-mainly cos they cant organize themselves into the goforit attitude...so many dynamics(and jealousy of the prospective meet can show), the worries of the male/female half fancying the other, or them being better at sex than the other...)-Its great to see cpls enjoying meets..but lots of them lack experience, some I see on the usual threads,some i see from simple status's,some i see in club/party environments...in fact they can often be more embarrassing than the lone single male wanker,the agressive/possessive/jealous hubby can also be found to be scouring his eyes at anyone looking at HIS wife,the wife that storms off seeing her hubby get more involved in a shag.....

sometimes I'd like to be a fly on the wall,listening to a possible discussion on whats maybe gonna happen at the meet/club/party.

If I'm sounding anti-cpl, I'd have to say i'm very not...I'm just anti-peopletalkingshite most times on something theyve done once every few months.

unlike us single whores "

Buzz lol

Not all couples are that complex

over a year ago

Re the OP, we have also had that conversation and thing that singles are not swinging, just having NSA fun.

over a year ago

"Like everything swinging has evolved from back in the day like I say I am single and I love the swinging lifestyle not just the sexual freedom but the social side of it and I know for a fact I could never do a straight relationship so yes I am a swinger and I have been the past 4 years x

unlike us single whores

Buzz lol

Not all couples are that complex

"

and thats the ones i like lol x

over a year ago

evesham

dont really care if people thin i ama swnger or not, chance are i wont meet the majority of them anyway for one reason or another

what i dont like is the condescending attitude some (please note the use of the word SOME) couples have towards singles

the attitudes of 'we deem you accesptable to come meet us but please dont think you are equal to us, you are here for our pleasure only but until you have a partner you will never be a swinger'

over a year ago

Lets face it - it's unlikely that those that think singles aren't are ever going to agree with those that think singles are.

But I know which ones are probably more worried about it!

Am I bothered?

over a year ago

" dont really care if people thin i ama swnger or not, chance are i wont meet the majority of them anyway for one reason or another

what i dont like is the condescending attitude some (please note the use of the word SOME) couples have towards singles

the attitudes of 'we deem you accesptable to come meet us but please dont think you are equal to us, you are here for our pleasure only but until you have a partner you will never be a swinger' "

Just because someone owns a hose pipe it doesn't make them a fire fighter...... and it's not always people being condescending when they point it out.

Most of the couples I know who don't think singles are swingers just because they enjoy NSA don't think any less of singles for not being swingers.... they just don't believe that particular label is the appropriate one.... nothing more nothing less.

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 05/08/12 19:56:52]

over a year ago

XXXX

YES AGREE on one thing you old fashion, i agree with shazz its a lifestyle choice, personaly i would not class you two as swingers just, wife swappers "

And what do you think swinging is?

It's nothing more than a P.C name for "wife swapping"!

Do you actually think that swinging started with singles playing together?

over a year ago

" dont really care if people thin i ama swnger or not, chance are i wont meet the majority of them anyway for one reason or another

the attitudes of 'we deem you accesptable to come meet us but please dont think you are equal to us, you are here for our pleasure only but until you have a partner you will never be a swinger'

Just because someone owns a hose pipe it doesn't make them a fire fighter...... and it's not always people being condescending when they point it out.

Most of the couples I know who don't think singles are swingers just because they enjoy NSA don't think any less of singles for not being swingers.... they just don't believe that particular label is the appropriate one.... nothing more nothing less."

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/08/12 20:05:18]

over a year ago

"

Do you actually think that swinging started with singles playing together? "

Tuttttt greedy couples, always wanting more than a straight swap.

Still searching for that holiest of grail's though the fmf.

Let's face it, hypothetically we could say that swinging is just a couples way of keeping their adultery under control and adding a label permits it.

over a year ago

evesham

Most of the couples I know who don't think singles are swingers just because they enjoy NSA don't think any less of singles for not being swingers.... they just don't believe that particular label is the appropriate one.... nothing more nothing less."

thats why i said SOME

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I really fail the need to define and label people. It smacks of elitism."

You hit the nail right on the head. A group of couples pontificating from their lofty perch, the 'm/f couples party' on the unfortunate 'single male.' How many times have we have seen the ads, wanted couples and single women (preferably bi-fem) but no single men required we will find you if we want one?

Also some peculiar analogies here, what has farming got to do with swinging? Oh, I know, maybe it is something like "we plough the fields and scatter the good seed on the land." Of should it read do you want it on the tits or in the face...?

over a year ago

"I suppose there are couples out there who feel like they are above singles in their 'hierarchy'."

Surely not

couples on here who look down their noses at singles?

whatever will you suggest next

over a year ago

I never considered myself a swinger when I was a single on FAB

over a year ago

"

Still searching for that holiest of grail's though the fmf "

Not all of us, can't understand it personally, scratched that itch lots of times and it lost its allure after a while.

There are times during a couples meet that this scenario always happens anyway.

XXXX

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"

How many times have we have seen the ads, wanted couples and single women (preferably bi-fem) but no single men required we will find you if we want one? "

I think you will find with some couples, they word their meet request as such, to avoid being inundated with replies from Single Guys.

If I see any ad saying as such, I respect that and don't bother them! It's common sense!

over a year ago

Labels, labels, labels, why does it always come down to this,

We are who we are and we do what we do for mutual pleasure, surely thats all that matters x

over a year ago

"I never considered myself a swinger when I was a single on FAB "

nor do i, but when i met with my ex i still didnt class myself as a swinger

For me i just use swingers sites to get sex, simple as, but what does annoy me is when couples try to tell me what pigeon hole i fit into

Not all couples of course i have met some great couples, but some do defend their title as a swinger and do like to let others who they feel dont deserve that title know

over a year ago

"

Still searching for that holiest of grail's though the fmf

Not all of us, can't understand it personally, scratched that itch lots of times and it lost its allure after a while.

XXXX"

... I also said ..... Let's face it, hypothetically we could say that swinging is just a couples way of keeping their adultery under control and adding a label permits it.

Complicity in a guilt shared is a guilt halved.

Not that I mean you and your friends in any way whatever as this is just a hypothesis as to how it started.

over a year ago

personally the first swingers were sick and twisted, look at the legacy they have left us...I'm now cold and mean hearted and my only joy comes from fucking some guys wife or the local milf talent

over a year ago

"I never considered myself a swinger when I was a single on FAB

For me i just use swingers sites to get sex, simple as, but what does annoy me is when couples try to tell me what pigeon hole i fit into

Not all couples of course i have met some great couples, but some do defend their title as a swinger and do like to let others who they feel dont deserve that title know

"

That used to annoy me to but now as part of a couple, I treat everyone the same

over a year ago

That used to annoy me to but now as part of a couple, I treat everyone the same"

EXACTLY!-singles who become couples(not so much fuckbuddy cpls)-I've been in the proper relationships, from my experiences I know what happens with the incoming mails,behaviors etc

I'm very aware of the scene, probably will be for a good time...despite being single now.I tried my best to meet with cpls that liked us BOTH, as I dont like being the guy who has +1fanny, out of some of the cpls I've messaged and theyve either seen one of my partners(or regular partners),it becomes about 'so when can we get a meet with her'..the minute i say, well she doesnt meet cpls, conversations over lol-pathetic really

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

I know people don't like labels, but try and imagine a life without labels and descriptions of groups.

Try saying any sentence without a noun or an adjective?

Discussing the definition of a swinger is harmless, it's not like there is a swingers political party that will eject all single people based on this discussion.

For me a swinger would tend to be a couple, but I like the imagination of someone higher up the topic who said they were a swingle, I think that would define Single folk involved in the swinging scene quite nicely. Does not mean they don't do the same thing, ie parties, group etc, just that they come to the party as an individual. Whether they are bi or not would not change whether they are a swingler.

I think we should all use the word swingle and see if we can get it added to the dictionary alongside it's current definition.

...a flat-bladed wooden instrument used for beating and scraping flax or hemp to remove coarse matter from it...

over a year ago

"

Still searching for that holiest of grail's though the fmf

XXXX

... I also said ..... Let's face it, hypothetically we could say that swinging is just a couples way of keeping their adultery under control and adding a label permits it.

Complicity in a guilt shared is a guilt halved.

Not that I mean you and your friends in any way whatever as this is just a hypothesis as to how it started. "

But it is an interesting theory and no doubt in some cases true.

It's often the case too that,for many, much of the thrill of adultery is the sneaking about and the risk factor.

It probably loses its appeal if it's 'permitted'.

XXXX

over a year ago

"

"

No my friend my memory isn't so fucking short I forgot. Its just my discretion is of a higher standard than yours and I never mention who I do or do not meet in a public forum. So I was really taken back by someone addressing me in such a way especially as I have always treated you guys with the utmost respect. And, as you have now put it out there, played with you on numerous occasions and been to your parties.

So I take a different point of _iew to you about something. Friends can disagree surely even though I haven't heard from you in a number of years and certainly before my lung cancer.

And the reason I was also confused.com was because having played with you guys in 3somes and moresomes I couldn't understand why you said what you did.

over a year ago

"A farmer is called a farmer because he has some land that he "farms"

"

You and me are both truckers. Because we drive trucks. We take part in truck driving. God forbid some of us share the truck driving.

So when I play with a couple who are swingers I take part in Swinging as far as I am concerned. So I am therefore a Swinger. And I share myself with those Swingers I meet just the same as a lady does or another couple do.

As I said before if you play golf (and abide by the etiquettes and rules) you are a golfer.

And I'd still buy you a pint at the 19th ...

over a year ago

the attitudes of 'we deem you accesptable to come meet us but please dont think you are equal to us, you are here for our pleasure only but until you have a partner you will never be a swinger' "

over a year ago

People can refer to themselves how they like. If they want to be classed as a swingerr or whether they prefer to be classed as a person who has casual one night stand sex, whatever you're happy with.

My _iew is that swinging incorporates couples and singles. If singles are on a swinging site and arranging meets theough a site, if they visit swinging clubs for nsa sex, then they are part of the swinging scene, just as couples are

over a year ago

"A farmer is called a farmer because he has some land that he "farms"

You and me are both truckers. Because we drive trucks. We take part in truck driving. God forbid some of us share the truck driving.

So when I play with a couple who are swingers I take part in Swinging as far as I am concerned. So I am therefore a Swinger. And I share myself with those Swingers I meet just the same as a lady does or another couple do.

As I said before if you play golf (and abide by the etiquettes and rules) you are a golfer.

And I'd still buy you a pint at the 19th ..."

So by that logic... if a guy who thinks all women on here are slags, meets a couple, fucks the woman, goes home and types "I have no idea how any man can let another guy fuck his wife and still want to be with her"... he is a swinger because of his actions.

over a year ago

"

So by that logic... if a guy who thinks all women on here are slags, meets a couple, fucks the woman, goes home and types "I have no idea how any man can let another guy fuck his wife and still want to be with her"... he is a swinger because of his actions."

Well yes if it was done in a Swinging environment (unless you are going to say'ah gotcha cos they met down the pub').

But he would be a very discourteous and disrespectful Swinger. And I would draw your attention to my golfing analogy above "(and abide by the etiquettes and rules)".

Interesting you quoted a male in your example. Should I take it that if it was a female shagging a bloke while his wife wanked and then wrote what you said she would still be a Swinger? Or have I misunderstood?

over a year ago

"

So by that logic... if a guy who thinks all women on here are slags, meets a couple, fucks the woman, goes home and types "I have no idea how any man can let another guy fuck his wife and still want to be with her"... he is a swinger because of his actions.

Well yes if it was done in a Swinging environment (unless you are going to say'ah gotcha cos they met down the pub').

But he would be a very discourteous and disrespectful Swinger. And I would draw your attention to my golfing analogy above "(and abide by the etiquettes and rules)".

Interesting you quoted a male in your example. Should I take it that if it was a female shagging a bloke while his wife wanked and then wrote what you said she would still be a Swinger? Or have I misunderstood?"

I'll start with the last question.... the gender was only to keep it inline with your example about yourself... and unless I got it wrong you are male.

" But he would be a very discourteous and disrespectful Swinger. And I would draw your attention to my golfing analogy above "(and abide by the etiquettes and rules)" "

On the face of it he would abide by the rules.... to get a shag.

over a year ago

"Interesting you quoted a male in your example. Should I take it that if it was a female shagging a bloke while his wife wanked and then wrote what you said she would still be a Swinger? Or have I misunderstood?

I'll start with the last question.... the gender was only to keep it inline with your example about yourself... and unless I got it wrong you are male."

Well yes I am. And I am still not sure why you made the "if a guy who thinks all women on here are slags" comment other than you were trying to paint a very negative picture of a bloke. But you didn't answer the question whether a female doing that would be cast in the same light?

" But he would be a very discourteous and disrespectful Swinger. And I would draw your attention to my golfing analogy above "(and abide by the etiquettes and rules)"

On the face of it he would abide by the rules.... to get a shag."

So a bloke out 'to get a shag' as you put it is different to a female 'out to get a shag' or a couple 'out to get a shag'?

over a year ago

"

So a bloke out 'to get a shag' as you put it is different to a female 'out to get a shag' or a couple 'out to get a shag'?"

Do I say that?

over a year ago

I don’t know where some people get this elitist idea from we have met and continue to meet people from all sides of this hobby and have never discriminated.

Perhaps my farmer’s analogy wasn’t the best so after thinking long and hard this one fits the bill as to why I think singles shouldn’t call them selves’ swingers (that isn’t they shouldn’t take part I’ve never said that)

Ok here goes

Chris has a motorbike he rides his bike he has leathers and a skidlid he is a “Biker” he meets with other “bikers and does “biker stuff”

I don’t have a bike I am not a “biker” but Chris says “Tony would you like to come to the pub with me on my bike and meet my biker mates” I say “yes Chris” and hop on the back, we go to the pub and do biker stuff with other bikers, I enjoy it and go lots of times in the future. Question is I a biker?……Answer NO because I don’t have a bike.

And like single people who for what ever reason don’t want or can’t get a partner in this hobby I can still join in but I will never be called a biker because I don’t have a bike.

And when I say “bike” it is a unfortunate coincidence that in the context of this it refers to ones partner so take it as that and not a euphemism

over a year ago

"

So a bloke out 'to get a shag' as you put it is different to a female 'out to get a shag' or a couple 'out to get a shag'?

Do I say that?"

No it was my question. And another you haven't answered ..

over a year ago

" I don’t know where some people get this elitist idea from we have met and continue to meet people from all sides of this hobby and have never discriminated.

Perhaps my farmer’s analogy wasn’t the best so after thinking long and hard this one fits the bill as to why I think singles shouldn’t call them selves’ swingers (that isn’t they shouldn’t take part I’ve never said that)

Ok here goes

Chris has a motorbike he rides his bike he has leathers and a skidlid he is a “Biker” he meets with other “bikers and does “biker stuff”

I don’t have a bike I am not a “biker” but Chris says “Tony would you like to come to the pub with me on my bike and meet my biker mates” I say “yes Chris” and hop on the back, we go to the pub and do biker stuff with other bikers, I enjoy it and go lots of times in the future. Question is I a biker?……Answer NO because I don’t have a bike.

And like single people who for what ever reason don’t want or can’t get a partner in this hobby I can still join in but I will never be called a biker because I don’t have a bike.

And when I say “bike” it is a unfortunate coincidence that in the context of this it refers to ones partner so take it as that and not a euphemism

"

I really wish you had posted this 20 odd hours ago and not what you did because its a good point well made.

So can I swop my bike for G for a couple of hours?

over a year ago

" I don’t know where some people get this elitist idea from we have met and continue to meet people from all sides of this hobby and have never discriminated.

Ok here goes

"

its great u sorta retracted the earlier analogy:

fact is we share ourselves, whether or not we have a partner we share ourselves...thats the part that keeps getting forgotten.In the old context of what swinging is, fair enough we dont have partners to share,.However our experiences are just as valid as those who have partners to share.

As I've said before having been in the same position I understand what it means to share, and I would share again when I become in that position if and when I want or are able.

While I use this site for meets I'm a swinger, just like urselves.When I dont use the site(or frequent the scene),I'm not a swinger...thats just like u's isnt it..when u arent sharing urselves with others ur swinging status disappears.Again there are couples who dont play with others,or only one half plays(lets say the voyeur husbands dont play), surely they arent swingers..are they?-so we can safely say, only true couples who FULL swap are swingers.

hiding behind old terminologies to me is a bit silly to me, I participate and contribute in the swinging environment.I'm a swinger.

over a year ago

Swingers spectrum comes in all different colours a bit like a rainbow x

over a year ago

"

Do I say that?

No it was my question. And another you haven't answered .. "

Actually as you started with 'so' it's more a request to confirm your summary.

I did asnswer.... I'm guessing not everyone is sharpe enough to understand I was telling you your summary was bollox.... as I had already explained the gender of my example was male because I was answering the example of a male.

over a year ago

Ok here goes

"

But would you say that a person who is between bikes but has been riding bikes for many years is not a biker anymore just because they are waiting for the right one to come up for sale?

if so would that entitle them less to ride someone elses bike to a meet or on a rideout?

No, don't be silly, you can be a biker without a bike and you can be a swinger without a partner, its called swinging not wife swapping. if you want to be a wife swapper, you can be a wife swapper, but that would mean that your wife would have no contact with the other wife because that would not be wife swapping that would be mutual sexual interation with a like minded bi fem couple.. or swinging.

People who think swinging is all about swapping wives, good for them, you enjoy that, but for me and many others its about much more than that, and just because you don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend /wife/husband etc does not make you any less of a swinger if you have the correct swinger mentality and would do it when you do have a willing partner.

over a year ago

anybody who says someone is not part of something is trying to exclude them.

and to me them people should have been part of the people's party in 1935 germany.

over a year ago

Ok here goes

"

But if you went out with him on the bike every week would you be a biker then?

Anyway back to the farming analogy, everyone knows that the farm owner would sit in an office or dive around in a landrover while doing as little work as possible, while the hired help do the real graft. So following the analogy through, basically you were saying you need to include a singlemen to get a decent shag - yes?

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

"anybody who says someone is not part of something is trying to exclude them.

and to me them people should have been part of the people's party in 1935 germany."

ooo thats a bit harsh

we consider ourselves players in a swinging lifestyle we accept all people str8 bi gay singles couples its a life style that is liberated by like minded people who enjoy sexual freedom and the joys of socialising with other like minded people we go to orgys and parties and sometimes just play with each other cos thats what we fancy at the time we met a young single guy at a party and he said what he was looking for was nsa fun and he wasnt a swinger and hed been doing it 5 years so its his choice i dont think labels are important if we are all like minded and consenting to whats going on just lay back and enjoy yourselves xx

over a year ago

one on one isnt swinging for singles, its nsa really

but single can be swinger, i think its the group sex that makes that leap but also if your with someone of the same mind then playing with them and sharing them with others too as others have shared with you when single

i would say someone who takes play in group sex but would never allow their partner to join in if they had or have one isnt a swinger, just someone looking out for themselves and taking without giving back

over a year ago

and to me them people should have been part of the people's party in 1935 germany."

Oh get real ffs.

over a year ago

and to me them people should have been part of the people's party in 1935 germany.

Oh get real ffs.

"

the peoples party 1935 was a swinging venue for cpls only...maybe my history knowledge is tarnished

over a year ago

Ok here goes

But would you say that a person who is between bikes but has been riding bikes for many years is not a biker anymore just because they are waiting for the right one to come up for sale?

if so would that entitle them less to ride someone elses bike to a meet or on a rideout?

No, don't be silly, you can be a biker without a bike and you can be a swinger without a partner, its called swinging not wife swapping. if you want to be a wife swapper, you can be a wife swapper, but that would mean that your wife would have no contact with the other wife because that would not be wife swapping that would be mutual sexual interation with a like minded bi fem couple.. or swinging.

People who think swinging is all about swapping wives, good for them, you enjoy that, but for me and many others its about much more than that, and just because you don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend /wife/husband etc does not make you any less of a swinger if you have the correct swinger mentality and would do it when you do have a willing partner."

Thanks for that input, actually been getting tired of ppl using analogies, however this one made decent sense.I'm an amateur photographer I dont do it everyday, I have the skills and knowl...och...fuckit

over a year ago

"

Do I say that?

I did asnswer.... I'm guessing not everyone is sharpe enough to understand I was telling you your summary was bollox.... as I had already explained the gender of my example was male because I was answering the example of a male.

"

...and I am having to guess not everyone is sharp enough to see the question marks. 2 of them. But you say my summary is bollox so why is it? Why does your analogy not also apply to females and couples? (sorry 2 more questions for you to avoid!)

And while I may be talking bollox I have to conclude you were also talking bollox and have still not explained your need to preface your original remarks with the unnecessary comment "if a guy who thinks all women on here are slags, meets a couple...". Why bring in what a person may be thinking? It is a subjective statement that is just there to put a negative aspect to assit your argument.

Sorry that is 3 more questions for you to avoid...

over a year ago

".... you can be a biker without a bike and you can be a swinger without a partner, its called swinging not wife swapping. if you want to be a wife swapper, you can be a wife swapper, but that would mean that your wife would have no contact with the other wife because that would not be wife swapping that would be mutual sexual interation with a like minded bi fem couple.. or swinging.

People who think swinging is all about swapping wives, good for them, you enjoy that, but for me and many others its about much more than that, and just because you don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend /wife/husband etc does not make you any less of a swinger if you have the correct swinger mentality and would do it when you do have a willing partner."

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 06/08/12 16:07:50]

over a year ago

"

Do I say that?

...and I am having to guess not everyone is sharp enough to see the question marks. 2 of them. But you say my summary is bollox so why is it? Why does your analogy not also apply to females and couples? (sorry 2 more questions for you to avoid!)

And while I may be talking bollox I have to conclude you were also talking bollox and have still not explained your need to preface your original remarks with the unnecessary comment "if a guy who thinks all women on here are slags, meets a couple...". Why bring in what a person may be thinking? It is a subjective statement that is just there to put a negative aspect to assit your argument.

Sorry that is 3 more questions for you to avoid... "

My 'example' (it's not an analogy unlike the trucker one I used ealier) was male because I was replying to a male using his own actions as an example.... it was to keep it in context. It is not subjective, not once a guy has actually typed it out as being his opinion/belief.... which over the years many have.

So to recap on that bit.... you basically said if you shagged a couple who were swingers it made you a swinger too.... using the logic if you do something which involes you in swinging (verb) as an activity you must be a swinger(noun) too, I did therefore I am. I gave an example which challenged that logic. I used a male in the example as you are a male.... like for like.

You then ask me if your summary is correct, which implied I think men looking for a shag are somehow different to women and couples looking for a shag. I asked if I had said that... you replied 'No'... so you do have your answer.

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

That used to annoy me to but now as part of a couple, I treat everyone the same

EXACTLY!-singles who become couples(not so much fuckbuddy cpls)-I've been in the proper relationships, from my experiences I know what happens with the incoming mails,behaviors etc

I'm very aware of the scene, probably will be for a good time...despite being single now.I tried my best to meet with cpls that liked us BOTH, as I dont like being the guy who has +1fanny, out of some of the cpls I've messaged and theyve either seen one of my partners(or regular partners),it becomes about 'so when can we get a meet with her'..the minute i say, well she doesnt meet cpls, conversations over lol-pathetic really"

What you have written above and what I have seen and experienced sort of confirms the possibility that some of the male halves of a male/female couple are unable to meet other women using their own initiative. They can only get access to other women using the swinging approach and the use of his wife or partner to exchange.

Analogies :- farmers, bikers, truckers, whatever next... Why is an analogy required? The topic is swingers...lol

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

When we were single and not tied to one partner we didn't consider ourselves swingers, even though we both had the occasional 3some or moresome. Just a case of singles having fun sex.

over a year ago

"

using the logic if you do something which involes you in swinging (verb) as an activity you must be a swinger(noun) too, "

I never understand the need for sarcasm if you have a good point to make. Unless you are trying to score points of course...

Now I don't need lectures in grammar thank you. A simple answer (or answers) is sufficient but clearly beyond you. But when you venture into correcting someone its always best to be correct in your ..er..correction.

'Swinging' is either an Adjective ('The Swinging couple') or an Adverb ('I am swinging'). It can never be a verb. Try saying 'I swinging' or 'you swinging' if you 'aren't sharp enough' to understand the grammar (sorry to quote your own words to you again).

over a year ago

"Analogies :- farmers, bikers, truckers, whatever next... Why is an analogy required? The topic is swingers...lol"

Analogies can help develop a point in an entertaining way surely?

over a year ago

I've said this before ... swinging is a conscious decision reached at through a personal philosophy and thought process, whether you're single or part of a couple. It may be part of a personal journey or maybe your destination, but it is well planned, thought out and intentional and includes all health aspects of this.

Young people having sex with different people is just thoughtless shagging around.

over a year ago

"

using the logic if you do something which involes you in swinging (verb) as an activity you must be a swinger(noun) too,

I never understand the need for sarcasm if you have a good point to make. Unless you are trying to score points of course..."

And I doubt you ever will if you can't tell what is and what isn't sarcasm.

"

Now I don't need lectures in grammar thank you.

"

How was it a lecture?

"

A simple answer (or answers) is sufficient but clearly beyond you.

"

What's clearly beyond you is the fact I have answered your question, more than once... yet you seem to have selective reading if it is not the reply you want to find.

"

But when you venture into correcting someone its always best to be correct in your ..er..correction.

"

How can I be correcting someone if they haven't said it in the first place?

I was trying to emphasise a point.

"

'Swinging' is either an Adjective ('The Swinging couple') or an Adverb ('I am swinging'). It can never be a verb. Try saying 'I swinging' or 'you swinging' if you 'aren't sharp enough' to understand the grammar (sorry to quote your own words to you again).

"

I checked on an education website and it says "A verb is a word which describes the action in a sentence (the doing word)"

And so used it meaning:

The couple are swinging with another couple.

My parents were swinging back in the 70's.

I hope plenty of couple's are swinging at the party tonight.

I hope my parents aren't swinging at the party tonight.

If I got that wrong due to the tense (past/present/future) or whatever, my bad.

over a year ago

"

I checked on an education website and it says "A verb is a word which describes the action in a sentence (the doing word)"

And so used it meaning:

The couple are swinging with another couple.

My parents were swinging back in the 70's.

I hope plenty of couple's are swinging at the party tonight.

I hope my parents aren't swinging at the party tonight.

If I got that wrong due to the tense (past/present/future) or whatever, my bad."

I do apologise. I confused your sarcasm with correction ...

But I do think you should be careful when you ARE correcting (as you are above) otherwise you can further expose your ignorance of the subject matter.

A verb can indeed be a 'doing word' as you say but sadly your examples show your inaccurate description of the word 'swinging' as such a verb.

In each of your examples the verb isn't 'swinging' but is 'are' and 'were', the present and past participles of the verb 'To Be'.

The word 'swinging' is the adverb describing (or adding to) the verb 'To Be'.

The correct verb to use is 'To Swing' so you may say 'We swing with friends' or 'we swung last Saturday'.

Your examples also use incorrect grammar by using the verb 'To Be' but it is a habit that has developed over time and infers the word 'doing'. The correct grammar would be 'The couple do swinging with another couple' as it says what the couple 'do' and not what they 'are'.

I trust this helps you understand adverbs better....

By *ilthythanetCouple
over a year ago

ramsgate

Yes.

But it's just our opinion and if you don't agree, your opinion is no more valid that ours.

over a year ago

"

"

No you cant be a biker if you havnt got a bike you can be a bikers mate or his bitch if you were so inclined... and like singles do in swinging you could take part in Biking events but you are missing one important item for you tobe concidered by bikers to be a biker

i can go with my mate when he goes fishing i can bait his hook i can put fish in the net when he catch's them but unless i have a rod of my own i cant go down the pub and say im a fisherman but i can say i go fishing

clearly its ones own opinion and i can see that some people who wish to remain single in this "hobby" feel excluded if some people think they shouldnt be called Swingers but i still maintain "swinging" is focused around Couples if it wasnt it would be called ..........? singles who like multi partners or some such

over a year ago

As a biker I like the Tshirt that had this on the back:

"If you can read this the bitch fell off ..."

over a year ago

" The older term wife swapping, once considered to be equivalent to "swinging", is now criticized as being androcentric where it is presumed that the partners are a married heterosexual couple and that it is the male who is in control of the sexual activities and also that it does not accurately describe the full range of sexual activities in which both singles or couples may take part. " - Wikipedia... fountain of all modern knowledge!

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"

No you cant be a biker if you havnt got a bike you can be a bikers mate or his bitch if you were so inclined... and like singles do in swinging you could take part in Biking events but you are missing one important item for you tobe concidered by bikers to be a biker

i can go with my mate when he goes fishing i can bait his hook i can put fish in the net when he catch's them but unless i have a rod of my own i cant go down the pub and say im a fisherman but i can say i go fishing

clearly its ones own opinion and i can see that some people who wish to remain single in this "hobby" feel excluded if some people think they shouldnt be called Swingers but i still maintain "swinging" is focused around Couples if it wasnt it would be called ..........? singles who like multi partners or some such

"

If you are a farmer and you drive a truck and sometimes go fishing on your motorbike, can you also be a swinger...

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

add 'and also a photographer' to the above...

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I think the person who originated this forum was trying to make the following point.

"You can only be a swinger if you have a wife to swop".

The feelings of the 'wife' in this respect seem to be irrelevant.

Not having attended a couples only party (no wife to swap) I can only imagine the scenario which must go something like this.

"Hi guys, now then, what is on the table tonight"...

over a year ago

Swinging in our humble opinion is a mind set regardless of being single or a couple, we have met couples where one partner was very keen the other went along with it to keep him/her happy we wouldnt class them as swingers, or singles/couples who,s mentality is themselfs getting what they can for them and being selfish as not swingers just chancers getting a shag using the scene.

people who are resepctful, open minded and understand the scene and the needs of all involved are swingers.

regardless of one on ones, groups, home meets or clubs how or where you do it.

just our opion thats all.

over a year ago

"Swinging in our humble opinion is a mind set regardless of being single or a couple, we have met couples where one partner was very keen the other went along with it to keep him/her happy we wouldnt class them as swingers, or singles/couples who,s mentality is themselfs getting what they can for them and being selfish as not swingers just chancers getting a shag using the scene.

people who are resepctful, open minded and understand the scene and the needs of all involved are swingers.

just our opion thats all. "

wanks in agreement

I've been trying to relay the same point in most of my posts

over a year ago

"Swinging in our humble opinion is a mind set regardless of being single or a couple, we have met couples where one partner was very keen the other went along with it to keep him/her happy we wouldnt class them as swingers, or singles/couples who,s mentality is themselfs getting what they can for them and being selfish as not swingers just chancers getting a shag using the scene.

just our opion thats all. "

over a year ago

I don't think there is a conclusive answer to this question. Many couple s see swinging as a couples elitist thing, others are open minded and see all as swingers. I like to think wife swapping is and always was a couples activity and swinging is a more loosely labelled name. But you really have to ask is a name for what you do really relevant.

over a year ago

unfortunately, wife swapping is what I see on most profiles, as and when I'm a cpl(and I mean proper bf/gf relationships), to me it was about us both, and us both being approached as a pair.How many profiles do u see with only female pics?-none of the other half?....well wife swapping surely is ur answer...and if we really thought about it, which half may be commonly more at the comp than the other.Probably one of the most annoying complaints i hear is , "why do single men(sometimes couples)assume its the female half they are messaging??!!?!"

Do urself a favour and put some pics on instead of parading ur trophy partner to swap- as a straight single guy, I know why I message cpls,I've no interest in flirting with the male half via hundreds of msgs- when the meet happens its going to be group interest interaction of course...but from the outset its not hard to work out which half holds my interest.I dunno how many times I've had "lets chat about my wife"-lets not.

*so this is why I HATE wifeswapping especially if thats supposed to infer it makes them the ONLY swingers who can have the 'label' of having 'something' to share.

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

Please, someone, make it stop.

over a year ago

"Please, someone, make it stop."

get cream for it...

over a year ago

"I don't think there is a conclusive answer to this question. Many couple s see swinging as a couples elitist thing, others are open minded and see all as swingers. I like to think wife swapping is and always was a couples activity and swinging is a more loosely labelled name. But you really have to ask is a name for what you do really relevant. "

Post new Message to Thread