Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Hearing aids

Jump to newest

By *orderboyblue OP   Man
over a year ago

Scottish Borders

Just been given an NHS hearing aid, bless em.

Very self conscious of it and wondering if I use it on a meet or in a club or lose it and then struggle to keep up with the conversation.

My feeli g is to lose it and then when an opportunity presents itself there's no pregnant pause taking the damn thing out.

Any thoughts??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By * AND R 777Couple
over a year ago

Teesside

Iv had mine a few years now, I always go to clubs and meets with them in, but take them out when it's dress down time, so best of both worlds, get the conversation and don't need to worry about them in play

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

same here

By *ndylynne10Man
over a year ago

henfield

leave mine in all the time x

By *Xtriple7Couple
over a year ago

Find taking them out leaves it sounding very quiet indeed.

Not easy, depending on the meet I'd keep them in as people assume you're strange if you're not hearing them properly.

Mind you the perceived iq gets knocked down several points if you wear them so can't win lol.

I'd wear them if you can.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I have cochlear implants I cant hear a thing since I had the operations so leave them in even deaf since 4.

I wear a bandanna when I play to keep them in place.

Looks odd I know but at least I cant loose them

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

My daughter hated hers at school. Was forever "losing" them.

Her education really suffered because of this.

In later years she's come to the realisation, she was the only one that really noticed them.

Keep them in, communication is key to all human interactions.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"My daughter hated hers at school. Was forever "losing" them.

In later years she's come to the realisation, she was the only one that really noticed them.

Keep them in, communication is key to all human interactions. "

This is very true. I see my implants as part of me.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I say keep them in too. This after years of watching my mum just laughing whenever you spoke to her because she had no idea what we were saying because her hearing aids were in the drawer.

Nobody really notices them on other people although I do understand how exhausting it is wearing them

over a year ago

"My daughter hated hers at school. Was forever "losing" them.

Keep them in, communication is key to all human interactions. "

Wish I could convince my lad to wear his Baha. He too struggled with his education because if his refusal to wear it

over a year ago

"Find taking them out leaves it sounding very quiet indeed.

Not easy, depending on the meet I'd keep them in as people assume you're strange if you're not hearing them properly.

Mind you the perceived iq gets knocked down several points if you wear them so can't win lol.

I'd wear them if you can."

Do people treat you like you’re less intelligent when wearing them? Some odd folk around

By * AND R 777Couple
over a year ago

Teesside

Do people treat you like you’re less intelligent when wearing them? Some odd folk around"

Iv not come across that, but then again I could just be to thick to notice

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Do people treat you like you’re less intelligent when wearing them? Some odd folk around"

Unfortunately they do. Many people equate deafness with being simple minded. One of the .most frustrating.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Oh God yes deafness have never quite got rid of that stigma. If your deaf you must be slow. People still cant believe I am a good dancer

By *othicslaveCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Had them for years now waiting for the bone anchored hearing aids just covid keeps pushing the op back.

over a year ago

"Had them for years now waiting for the bone anchored hearing aids just covid keeps pushing the op back."

Not sure if you have a choice but if you have go for the magnetic fittings. My lad has the stud but kept getting an infection around it. Really put him off wearing it

Post new Message to Thread