Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Is Fab for swingers or just a sex site?

Jump to newest

By *urboTongue21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Walsall

This question keeps cropping up for me...there seem to be a few who are "in the lifestyle" but lots of others who see it as an easy way to get their sexual urges satisfied?

I fully accept that sex is part of swinging but not the only part? If this is a sex site then it's a better version of POF.

Thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"This question keeps cropping up for me...there seem to be a few who are "in the lifestyle" but lots of others who see it as an easy way to get their sexual urges satisfied?

I fully accept that sex is part of swinging but not the only part? If this is a sex site then it's a better version of POF.

Thoughts?"

Originally, it was made by swingers for swingers. Now it's a swingers & a sex site.

By *tarburst babydollMan
over a year ago

Dingwall

It has changed so much over the years from a Swingers site to a sex site IMHO

By *irty PrettyWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

Anyone who sees it as “an easy way to get their sexual urges satisfied” gets a shock pretty quickly. Whether you want to see it as a swinging site or a sex site is up to you, and everyone can use it as they see fit, but it certainly isn’t easy.

By *irtySekretsCouple
over a year ago

Filthy Desires Upon Trent

It’s full of lying entitled chancers now

By *ostguy321Man
over a year ago

high wycombe

"Anyone who sees it as “an easy way to get their sexual urges satisfied” gets a shock pretty quickly. Whether you want to see it as a swinging site or a sex site is up to you, and everyone can use it as they see fit, but it certainly isn’t easy."

Totally agree; this site offers much but you have to understand it's a game where the rules keep changing from person to person

over a year ago

"It’s full of lying entitled chancers now "

Very true ..i think in the interest box there should be swinging ...the site members have changed over the past 5 years and not for the better

By *ostguy321Man
over a year ago

high wycombe

"It’s full of lying entitled chancers now

Very true ..i think in the interest box there should be swinging ...the site members have changed over the past 5 years and not for the better "

Never truly understood why people think they are entitled to anything on here, and then be rude when they do not get what they expect.

By *onton MacouteMan
over a year ago

Phoenix

Its what ever makes the owners profit site like most sites.

over a year ago

Both swinging and sex site.

Also exhibitionists and voyeurs who never meet.

By *estofbothCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Think it’s still a swingers site at heart, however as with any sexy part of the internet it’s attracted a large proportion of people that just want to use it for a little part of that lifestyle and not the whole thing, which somewhat dilutes it. .

Some it’s for sex and not necessarily the social side of it. Also seems to provide a safe space for those who fantasise about swinging, but maybe don’t want to or the husband/wife never would. So while that’s fine it also does lower the pool of those who meet. And then there’s the people who a website full of naked pictures will inevitably attract.

We just check in and out and don’t base all of our fun on here and find it fine. Invariably as a business the site will cater to whatever drives hits, and wouldn’t, neither should, necessarily cater to such a specific niche to the detriment of those hits, we get that. However if anybody wants to set up a site with genuine verified females and couples who all meet and all want to meet us that would be fine too.

By *kyblue1878Couple
over a year ago

Southport

Everyone is in control of their own profile and has their own preferences. We swing with other couples because that is our choice. It's not a sex site for us as our chosen partners are in the same situation as us ie married, in strong relationships and have something in common.

By *lthomasMan
over a year ago

Wolves

Some very good answers there.

It's all about choice and what you want from it.

For me it's about fun with couples, as love to see a lady being "treaded" to 2 guys at once, but look at everything and take a view.

By *uicyfruit3Man
over a year ago

portsmouth

It's a mixture of a swinging site, a hookup site and a "hot or not" site

By *ikilovesCCouple
over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"Both swinging and sex site.

Also exhibitionists and voyeurs who never meet."

Would say the above is pretty accurate lol

There's a lot of layers to Fab

By *agicfingerslovelyMan
over a year ago

Rugby

Swingers site and a good ethos coming down from those that run it to promote safe and good swinging - especially with Covid 19.

I know some people use as a 'date' site but that is not why I am a member. Also are their not enough of date sites? Is it different here and why people with that interest stay?

In fact rarely look at 'hot' pics of women - mostly couple pics or in past group pics.

over a year ago

"Swingers site and a good ethos coming down from those that run it to promote safe and good swinging - especially with Covid 19.

I know some people use as a 'date' site but that is not why I am a member. Also are their not enough of date sites? Is it different here and why people with that interest stay?

In fact rarely look at 'hot' pics of women - mostly couple pics or in past group pics."

People wanting to date swingers and be a swinger couple look here.

I agree it's not the best place to look for a monogamous relationship but some do find them here.

over a year ago

I thought it was a place for people to make multiple profiles to advertise their only fans pages??

over a year ago

Swinging does involve sex...

By *ots of fun 123Woman
over a year ago

Leicester

From our perspective, Covid hasn't helped.

As we are not meeting others and clubs are effectively closed or just socials, there isn't a lot of scope for swinging. We don't see the point in endless chats if there is no realistic date to play.

Mainly just come on to check what people are up to and have a perv. Looking forward to when things change again and we can get back to enjoying some great meets in the future.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

In out opinion “swinging” has changed over the last few years, mostly with the appearance of apps like Tinder.

The internet drastically changed swinging by making it more accessible and potentially easier to connect than through ads in magazines. It kind of exploded in late 90s early 2000s (also fuelled by the film Eyes Wide Shut in 99).

For us (just personal experience - and cannot dismiss influence of life stage too - ie before having a family) the “golden age” was roughly 2003-2010 with high end parties like Fever and some other more “exclusive” websites (ie expensive) which sorted wheat from chaf.

But over last decade there have been increasing numbers of singles (mostly men) who simply don’t understand swinging and totally use sites like this purely for casual sex (or hope to).

Most have not got a clue, for example, about the difference between hotwifing and cuckolding.

Think the other “culprit” for diluting the proper swinging scene (on top of hook up apps) was the 50 Shades books/films when half the blokes out there suddenly thought they were Christian Grey without remotely understanding anything about the potential appeal (despite being awful crap books/films).

By *andyblokeMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"Both swinging and sex site.

Also exhibitionists and voyeurs who never meet."

thats so true plus many fantasists who lead you on then make excuses.But thats life

By *agicfingerslovelyMan
over a year ago

Rugby

[Removed by poster at 26/10/20 16:46:00]

By *agicfingerslovelyMan
over a year ago

Rugby

"In out opinion “swinging” has changed over the last few years, mostly with the appearance of apps like Tinder.

The internet drastically changed swinging by making it more accessible and potentially easier to connect than through ads in magazines. It kind of exploded in late 90s early 2000s (also fuelled by the film Eyes Wide Shut in 99).

For us (just personal experience - and cannot dismiss influence of life stage too - ie before having a family) the “golden age” was roughly 2003-2010 with high end parties like Fever and some other more “exclusive” websites (ie expensive) which sorted wheat from chaf.

But over last decade there have been increasing numbers of singles (mostly men) who simply don’t understand swinging and totally use sites like this purely for casual sex (or hope to).

Most have not got a clue, for example, about the difference between hotwifing and cuckolding.

Think the other “culprit” for diluting the proper swinging scene (on top of hook up apps) was the 50 Shades books/films when half the blokes out there suddenly thought they were Christian Grey without remotely understanding anything about the potential appeal (despite being awful crap books/films). "

No problem and in fact pleased that swinging is going more mainstream- oh to the day it carries no lurid articles or tongue wagging.

No one is doing anything wrong - just need to keep stating what is acceptable.

By *uncouple.1965Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

Absolutely spot on.

Sadly, we have been bothered by loads of them.

over a year ago

I shag when I'm horny. With fab people. What does it make me?

By *irtySekretsCouple
over a year ago

Filthy Desires Upon Trent

It was better when it was a naughty secret. X

By *eneral HysteriaMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

That is so true.

And as many genuine guys would testify not all of them are lying, they're just entitled.

By *avey57Man
over a year ago

cheshunt

This is great if you are after sex with more than 1 person at a time. You can’t get that on POF also a good time with TS and Tv’s is also harder to get unless you go to Grindr and that is for teens

By *entlecaressMan
over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

For me I use it as a swingers site prefer a connection with the people I meet not a f and go.

over a year ago

Thinks it’s just a swingers/couples site not many couples want to play

By *assion and MoreCouple
over a year ago

Here and There, Monaghan

Pof is a better sex site for singles

Fab is better for connecting with couples

over a year ago

"I shag when I'm horny. With fab people. What does it make me?"

It makes you as rare as rockin horse shit ....

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

Both. Be smart and choose wisely. We meet the swingers only, they're not that hard to identify.

over a year ago

this unfortunatly

By *ersnickety PantsWoman
over a year ago

Club Meets Only

Currently just a perv & forum site

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

Tbh we've only ever had a couple of social meets from here. Our proper meets generally are at a club. We use this site to try to keep in contact with some of those we've met.

Occasionally a profile piques our interest and we chat for a good while but have not really had a proper meet from here, especially at the moment.

There's also a lot of chancers and fakes which puts us off greatly.

By *uncouple.1965Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Thinks it’s just a swingers/couples site not many couples want to play "

We have found lots of swingers/couples just want to play with other couples.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

When I joined in 2018 it was different in a good way. I got the odd crude message but most were polite and thought out so I'd reply and had quite a few meets but now I tend to get a lot of "want to fuck" messages from men who view this as a hook up/sex site

over a year ago

I think it's still a swingers site, but that there are a lot of people on here who view it as a sex site

over a year ago

"This question keeps cropping up for me...there seem to be a few who are "in the lifestyle" but lots of others who see it as an easy way to get their sexual urges satisfied?

Thoughts?"

I have heard a lot of people say single guys are to shy to find real partners through normal interaction through gyms. Supermarkets. Discos etc or can't be bothered putting in the hard work in chatting people up etc when they go out. Even couples I have heard it said have to swing because they are insecure in their current relationship or with their current partner or one partner is not enough to satisfy them etc. So many readon why we do what we do. All I say in my honest opinion is people have their own reasons as to what they do and why they do it and do long as it is not criminal. Or hurting anyone without reason then crack on.

over a year ago

I personally use the site for older single men to meet me and my partner for 3sum fun. We don't meet couples so only really use it as a pickup for sex site as its the only site we know that offers this. But the individual can use this site for whatever they wish. It does not really matter.

By *edantic SheilaWoman
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Twice I have been told by *some men * to leave this site because I didn't 'fuck' them after chatting with them. They said it was a sex site . I get confused easily what's expected when one is on here

By *ave1963BarnsleyMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

I can only speak for myself, but I'm friends with some of the people I play with so for me it's a swingers site.

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

This is my third appearance on fab, going back over a dozen or more years. When I initially joined it was a swinger's site. Now I just feel it's a naughty Facebook. I'm often amazed at the naivety of some on here, although I appreciate we all were novices once. So many people only want to cam or exchange photos, when I would rather meet. I think it would be helpful if people were able to tick a box as to why they are here, to meet, just chat, cam or use the site as a social media only. Might stop messaging people who have no intention of meeting.

I'm glad I had my fun 20+ years ago. It wasn't easier but it was more genuine.

By *assing Fancies xCouple
over a year ago

Sherwood Forest

It is what ever the user wants it to be.... a swinging... social or sex site... the wonderful thing about fab is you don't have to fit or meet a certain criteria to join and that is something we really like about it. We spoken to people from all walks of life that use fab for many different reasons and that's definitely something that should be embraced

By *luttTV/TS
over a year ago

Duns

Is there even a precise cut-off between the two?

Where does a couple hooking up with a single third become swinging?

over a year ago

"Is there even a precise cut-off between the two?

Where does a couple hooking up with a single third become swinging?"

That's just it. There is no cut off. Fab is whatever people want it to be. That's the beauty. Take it or leave it.

Post new Message to Thread