Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Overthink messages

Jump to newest

By *lwayshorny79 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leicester

Out of curiosity how many other people write a message to someone, only to overthink about the reaction it might get and end up deleting it instead?

Or do you not even give it a second thought and just send and hope for the best?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We must rewrite every message at least twice.. Our sense of humour doesn't translate well

over a year ago

Excellent question and I believe it’s all dependent on where you are in the conversation.

If it’s reasonably early I think it’s easier to send instead of running it through your mind multiple times.

over a year ago

To be honest we very very rarely write the first message,and to the few we have sent,I'm fairly sure it's been to someone we have met at a party or club

By *actileGent69Man
over a year ago

East Cheshire

Messages can never portray all you want or need to say like a long face to face meeting can. They would need to be galactic in size. Hence people will and often do misinterpret them or read between the lines and come to the wrong conclusion before conversation has truly begun (or even way down the line). All you can do is be careful, check twice before sending, think how they might interpret, and hope they are intelligent enough not to make false assumptions...

By *actileGent69Man
over a year ago

East Cheshire

"We must rewrite every message at least twice.. Our sense of humour doesn't translate well "

Lol I sometimes find that

over a year ago

Leicester

"Messages can never portray all you want or need to say like a long face to face meeting can. They would need to be galactic in size. Hence people will and often do misinterpret them or read between the lines and come to the wrong conclusion before conversation has truly begun (or even way down the line). All you can do is be careful, check twice before sending, think how they might interpret, and hope they are intelligent enough not to make false assumptions..."

Now I know I'm completely guilty of reading between the lines only to come to a completely different conclusion to what was actually intended.

By *actileGent69Man
over a year ago

East Cheshire

"Now I know I'm completely guilty of reading between the lines only to come to a completely different conclusion to what was actually intended. "

Human nature m'lady x

over a year ago

Leicester

"We must rewrite every message at least twice.. Our sense of humour doesn't translate well "

I find myself having to explain my original response because they just didnt get it the first time

By *lthomasMan
over a year ago

Wolves

I always read the profile the people I message to try and get an understanding of them, but you can over think it.

I go through phases of long winded blurb and then the opposite of 2 lines.

I also use wink to see if that sparks an interest, unless profile says no winks.

By *illbilly47Man
over a year ago

Faversham

The opening message is the one I find most difficult and sometimes overthink.

Trying to catch their attention and get some humour in there can be very tricky.

over a year ago

Leicester

"The opening message is the one I find most difficult and sometimes overthink.

Trying to catch their attention and get some humour in there can be very tricky. "

No doubt just when you think it's perfect and send it, it either doesnt get read or deleted anyway and you end up thinking why did I even bother. I've done that a couple of times.

over a year ago

Nah fuck that. I went out with a women who overthought everything and it turned into a nightmare

By *illbilly47Man
over a year ago

Faversham

"The opening message is the one I find most difficult and sometimes overthink.

Trying to catch their attention and get some humour in there can be very tricky.

No doubt just when you think it's perfect and send it, it either doesnt get read or deleted anyway and you end up thinking why did I even bother. I've done that a couple of times."

This definitely happens and you have to brush it off and not take it personally. I don’t think people have the time or want to spend the time chatting.

Got to appreciate those who do

over a year ago

We take our time but the messages we receive are seemingly sent without any thought to how they might be received hah, honestly half these guys are never going to meet anyone let alone have any sex

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I've certainly been guilty of sending a message and then thinking "I shouldn't have said that, or I should have said this" but have come to realise that to those that it really matters what they think, it doesn't matter so long as I've been open and honest.

over a year ago

I get really nervous sending messages as it's difficult to understand if the receiver will get your sense of humour. I worry incase anything gets taken out of context etc but feel like an absolute bore with a 'play it safe' message. Hard to get the right balance! X

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I just say what i think and post it. Sometimes i maybe should'nt but i always do.

Post new Message to Thread