Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Time wasters

Jump to newest

By *icegentglos OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Been on here long enough now to spot them quite quickly and as a single guy on here regard it as a bit of a occupational hazard.

However, lockdown seems to have increased their number which isn’t a surprise and I know that many guys on here will know what I’m talking about . But I wondered how many of you single ladies or couples experience it as well and what you think the reasons are.

Some seem to have a new profile daily whilst others come on, stay for a bit before disappearing and then returning a week or two later.

Discuss..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *harAndBryCouple
over a year ago

nr Stamford

There's an awful lot of "lost my login details so created a new profile", and a lot of couples where we are convinced we only ever get to talk to the guy and things go quiet all of a sudden.

We're not looking to meet yet, but I think that the number of no-shows is going to go up when we do as a lot of those new guys are going to bottle it when it comes to actually meeting someone.

Bry (and Char)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Been on here long enough now to spot them quite quickly and as a single guy on here regard it as a bit of a occupational hazard.

However, lockdown seems to have increased their number which isn’t a surprise and I know that many guys on here will know what I’m talking about . But I wondered how many of you single ladies or couples experience it as well and what you think the reasons are.

Some seem to have a new profile daily whilst others come on, stay for a bit before disappearing and then returning a week or two later.

Discuss..

"

What do you mean by tine waster?

A lot of women make profiles, get hounded by desperate men within the first few hours and are so disgusted they leave.

By *r and Mrs BlackCouple
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Lots of 'couples' profiles just lately that are messaging us and are clearly just a male withing the first 2 or three messages... Soon as we enquire about the female they pull a disappearing act.

It's not like we're unapproachable, so why lie? I just don't get it.... We're in the forums and the chat rooms regularly and we'll talk to anybody - even single males! Lol

Mrs B

By *uriousKinksterMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

"Lots of 'couples' profiles just lately that are messaging us and are clearly just a male withing the first 2 or three messages... Soon as we enquire about the female they pull a disappearing act.

It's not like we're unapproachable, so why lie? I just don't get it.... We're in the forums and the chat rooms regularly and we'll talk to anybody - even single males! Lol

Mrs B"

Those ones really confuse me. There's enough creepy, weird, pushy single guys on Fab as it is, and that at least make sense on a sex site where the clearly assume it'll be dead easy to get their end away, like some all you can eat buffet.

But the ones who go out of their way to invent a female partner really just don't make sense. Like, how's it ever gonna work? You get chatting to a couple, things go well, they ask to speak with the other half too whether that's via Kik or whatever else... And then what? Even if you fake both halves, surely they can never actually meet because, you know, the woman is fictitious? Are they actually after a meet, or just hoping to scam their way into dirty chat and your friends only pics? Either way, gross.

By *icegentglos OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Been on here long enough now to spot them quite quickly and as a single guy on here regard it as a bit of a occupational hazard.

Discuss..

A lot of women make profiles, get hounded by desperate men within the first few hours and are so disgusted they leave. "

Wasn’t referring to those ladies who are hounded and leave disgusted, more Those that chat for a while before suddenly leaving . Those who arrange meets to disappear the night before. Those who, by their profile are obviously fake. Those who message saying outrageous things which no one would start a convo with. Shall I go on ?

By *NS_100Man
over a year ago

Staines (Middlesex)

Personal experience is that there’s a lot of fantasists on here that will message and say that they’re genuine and then either ghost you, delete messages or block. It’s pathetic but a reality on here unfortunately - I just block them and move on, for every douchebag time waster there is on here, there’s plenty more genuine people to chat and meet with. Although it’s frustrating, carry on .

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I’m convinced that a large number of couples profiles were genuine couples back in the day before they split up. Now the guys getting off using the profile.

over a year ago

Discuss..

A lot of women make profiles, get hounded by desperate men within the first few hours and are so disgusted they leave.

Wasn’t referring to those ladies who are hounded and leave disgusted, more Those that chat for a while before suddenly leaving . Those who arrange meets to disappear the night before. Those who, by their profile are obviously fake. Those who message saying outrageous things which no one would start a convo with. Shall I go on ? "

The majority of those will be just men looking for wank chat.

over a year ago

"Lots of 'couples' profiles just lately that are messaging us and are clearly just a male withing the first 2 or three messages... Soon as we enquire about the female they pull a disappearing act.

Mrs B"

To be fair, I (Rick) am the only one that comes on here nowdays, as Sandra has lost most of her interest, but I enjoy the forums. I don't lead anyone on though, by pretending there is involvement from Sandra, and I am not seeking meets alone.

over a year ago

I consider everyone on here that I havent met a fake. I will still hapily chat away to them but I wont commit to anything unless we have a phone or video chat with everyone that will be meeting.

I have been called a fake plenty of times in the past because I tell people that my husband doesnt even have the password to this account. So obviously im a guy pretending to be a woman.

By *actileGent69Man
over a year ago

East Cheshire

We experienced it frequently as a couple. Many here are simple fantasists who don't intend to go through with a meet, others are after your photos or dirty chat. Some are just shy and decide it's not for them. Others are fake or just damn weird, single guys hiding under a couples or female profile. One couple we were unfortunate to chat and exchange personal details with found it funny to mislead and wind up couples, we and others reported them and their many fake profiles. A couple I'm chatting to now had a single guy message them asking for a fake verification

over a year ago

Far better if you are a single guy who happens to have an occasional partner is to have a single M profile.

If couples will chat you can explain you are either a single M or can be an occasional MF

Seems to work for me that way and is more honest than trying to be portrayed as a couple ( which I am not).

over a year ago

Agree with the OP. Get chatting... Then it all goes silent.

Interesting reading about guys faking being part of a couple when they are single... For me it's the other way around.. I'm on here as a single guy with a bi Female FWB that sometimes responds when she reads my messages... Good times.. lol..

It beats me how a face pic can completely ruin my chances of conversation, let alone a meeting... Books.. covers.. judging...

But.. I got chatting on here to someone I knew... Even she left the site due to the amounts of disgusting messages she got (not from me I need to add).. either way... I think Covid lockdown has generated people who are... Healthy or Not... Genuine or Not.. no in between!

Sorry.. I might have gone off topic a little!

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

This site is the basic side of the community, anyone can create a profile, add a few pictures and some text. Send loads of messages out and hope for a meet.

Next stage is being more active on the site, contribute to forums or chat / cam rooms.

But to really embrace the lifestyle and cut out the fakes, you have to go to socials and clubs. There you will find people who do meet and have real verifications.

So if you want to actually engage with non fakes, you’ll have to get out and meet them in the flesh. Unfortunately that maybe some time yet, due to lockdown.

By *on_SealMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

Like most things if it looks to good to be true then it probably is, for example the other day I received a message from a cuckold couple, they approached me. No1 clue, after a few messages they seemed quite keen, although it was clearly just the Male I was talking to. I asked if there was a reason that they had not been site verified yet. The response was accompanied with a photo of the woman . And saying that they would sort out the photo verification. No2 clue. They / he then asked for a face pic, I replied only after they get verified and explained by reasons, guy only on couples profile or wife unaware. After that nothing. Says it all . Time to move on. Lol.

By *atexbisexTV/TS
over a year ago

Central London

Shortly after lockdown I started getting a higher than usual number of messages from newly created couples profiles. Mostly not verified,wanting to chat, requesting pics and saying they 'Can't wait to meet up after lockdown'. Nearly all of those accounts have already been deleted, so hopefully they are now getting on with their lives and it will be easier for me to get on with mine!

over a year ago

Mrs B

Those ones really confuse me. There's enough creepy, weird, pushy single guys on Fab as it is, and that at least make sense on a sex site where the clearly assume it'll be dead easy to get their end away, like some all you can eat buffet.

But the ones who go out of their way to invent a female partner really just don't make sense. Like, how's it ever gonna work? You get chatting to a couple, things go well, they ask to speak with the other half too whether that's via Kik or whatever else... And then what? Even if you fake both halves, surely they can never actually meet because, you know, the woman is fictitious? Are they actually after a meet, or just hoping to scam their way into dirty chat and your friends only pics? Either way, gross. "

Yes, this. I have fallen for it a coupe of times but, have learnt to spot the signs. All they want to hear is talk from you and the reply 'tell me more, what would you do, blah,blah, blah". Then the ones where you seem to be hitting it off and all of a sudden you are ghosted.

Post new Message to Thread