Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

1st Social Meet, Nervous Newbie

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Morning

We are new to all things fab and very nervous , good nervous , and just looking for a bit of advice

We have chatted about when the time comes and we would like to start meeting up with people , ideally we would like to meet 1st for a chat , and see how we get on ,

But being nervous I’m unsure what happens at a social meet , I tend to go mind blank lol

I was thinking coffee and chat ?

Thanks for reading

A & S x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Coffee chat is always good as it helps to know each other's preferences and can set the boundaries .

Never feel pressurised to do things if you aren't comfortable. So don't bend your rules for others .

You are in this lifestyle to enjoy and pleasure yourself more than the others. So finding common ground and interest will help a lot.

Be frank and open to say No to things which you don't like .

You will be fine . Best wishes

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Coffee chat is always good as it helps to know each other's preferences and can set the boundaries .

Never feel pressurised to do things if you aren't comfortable. So don't bend your rules for others .

You are in this lifestyle to enjoy and pleasure yourself more than the others. So finding common ground and interest will help a lot.

Be frank and open to say No to things which you don't like .

You will be fine . Best wishes "

Couldn't have put it better

over a year ago

A coffee and a chat for a social meet sounds fine to me. I'm always nervous on a first meet but once I've got over the initial hi I find things start to relax.

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Coffee and a chat. It rules out alcohol lowering the inhibitions and keeps you somewhere public and safe. You can always choose to meet for a play meet once you're home and have had chance to process how you feel about the person/couple.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

To us a social means coffee/drink and chat. We make it clear beforehand that it's social only.

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

Literally just a brew in a coffee shop to suss each other out. Tho we don't do socials now (as in ore covid) as only meet in clubs, so the opportunity to play is there.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I prefer a soft drink in a bar as find coffee shops can be noisy and the tables are close together

over a year ago

Thank you for all the advice

Very much appreciated

A & S x

By *ensual 2Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

We tend to meet socially in a quiet neutral pub (one we dont use ).....have a laugh /chat ..see if we are on the same page ..no pressure ...walk away think about it ...and get back to them either way even its no thanks .....works for us ....the more social meets you have the easier it becomes ..good luck ..x

over a year ago

A social chat over a beverage of your choice is the best way to get involved..easier to walk away if the crudentials are mismatched..

over a year ago

"A social chat over a beverage of your choice is the best way to get involved..easier to walk away if the crudentials are mismatched.."

That’s what we thought

Ax

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Really no need to be nervous at a social, treat it like meeting a friend for a drink. You can control the conversation to stay within the parameters you're comfortable with. It's purely an exercise to see if you all click

Post new Message to Thread