Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

VERY CONTROVERSIAL

Jump to newest

By *elshToy OP   Man
over a year ago

London

This is a very controversial but this is my own opinion to which I'm entitled to so pleasure discuss yours below. Do not attack me or others for their opinions

Today is June 6th it is and will always be the anniversary of D-day. I think BLM should stop protesting for one day to remember the men who gave their life for their right to protest. The more the protesters vandlise war memorials they get less and less respect

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *uriousKinksterMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

Well actually it's the 7th. How long did it take you to type this out

Reply privately

By *elshToy OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Forgot to post it , wrote it hours ago oops

Reply privately

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

"This is a very controversial but this is my own opinion to which I'm entitled to so pleasure discuss yours below. Do not attack me or others for their opinions

Today is June 6th it is and will always be the anniversary of D-day. I think BLM should stop protesting for one day to remember the men who gave their life for their right to protest. The more the protesters vandlise war memorials they get less and less respect "

Totally agree

Del

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think whichever lone idiot defaced the memorial not only let themself down but everyone else who was out there protesting peacefully

Reply privately

By *uriousKinksterMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

"This is a very controversial but this is my own opinion to which I'm entitled to so pleasure discuss yours below. Do not attack me or others for their opinions

Today is June 6th it is and will always be the anniversary of D-day. I think BLM should stop protesting for one day to remember the men who gave their life for their right to protest. The more the protesters vandlise war memorials they get less and less respect

Totally agree

Del"

Does protesting for one cause inherently detract from the prominence of another? I'd argue yes. What's going on in the world right now will always trump what's happened historically and therein lies the quandary of the human condition. Are we not destined to repeat the mistakes of the past based on the generational nature of our species? We have short memories.

The atrocities currently being portrayed in the media (I would suggest) need fixing immediately, but there are atrocities occurring every day around the world that our media doesn't cover.

For me the question is this. If you had the ability to ask those whom we are forgetting to remember what they would ask us to support, selfless and brave as they were, what do you suppose that would be? To end oppression in whatever form it takes? Or pay lip service to a date which many of the population are (sadly) no longer aware of?

Reply privately

By *nB23Man
over a year ago

London

But why does protesting for BLM mean that D-day isn't being respected? There were many Indian and Black colonial soldiers who fought in WW2 that never had the rights that British and French soldiers had and were deemed inferior.

Whilst I don't support the defacing of the memorials, I support the celebration to protest in their honour.

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Agree with the second part, we have to respect our history and the sacrifices made by ordinary people so that we can live in freedom today.

There was a photo in the news showing soldiers from a nearby barracks scrubbing ACAB (all coppers are bastards) graffiti off a memorial whilst a protester berated them for doing so.

Reply privately

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

Today is June 6th it is and will always be the anniversary of D-day. I think BLM should stop protesting for one day to remember the men who gave their life for their right to protest. The more the protesters vandlise war memorials they get less and less respect "

Sure let's celebrate History and put the BLM protests on hold coz how important is another Black life taken by the police, it's not like George Floyd was a a hero or anything . He was just an unarmed black man .

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

You think the landing in Dunkirk was about men giving their life for [black people] to have the right to protest?

I think that's called whitewashing history.

Reply privately

By *ondonBiCplCouple
over a year ago

London

No I believe those who gave their live done so protecting our freedom from fascism and an ideology that was incompatible with peace, tolerance and a civil society and by doing so did indeed protect the right to peaceful protest. Which I believe those who genuinely are protesting for equality and BLM were doing. Sadly there will always be a small element who are not protesting but are there to stir trouble and act criminally. It’s sad the damage done I just hope people realise it wasn’t by genuine protestors

Reply privately

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

Well said you sir

Reply privately

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

I would like to think whim ever committed the act had nothing to do with these protest.

You will always get individuals at these events who have no other interest being there than using it as an excuse to cause trouble.

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

But you appear to be attacking others for their opinions.

I haven't seen anywhere BLM organisers demanding D Day celebrations shouldn't take place.

Reply privately

By *ieutenantMan
over a year ago

london

Sad to hear this.BLM is not a fringed movement.if D.Day matter to you as white man.Black live matter to black folks as well.Every year we mark the D.Day anniversary.if you can't forgo this year for BLM Protest.I am a bit worried.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Totally agree, they shouldn't be protesting anyhow it's made a mockery of lockdown!

Reply privately

over a year ago

its my pleasure as always to answer this

Reply privately

over a year ago

Every day has some celebration. On the day he was killed it was Africa Day and also Greek Pride Day.

The response by black folk is a necessity and it needed to be acted on now, at it's most relevant point.

Reply privately

By *ustyshowoffCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

Sadly whilst the majority will protest peacefully it’s the mindless scum that grab the headlines.

Reply privately

By *azsarahCouple
over a year ago

Dundalk

"the landing in Dunkirk"???

Did I miss something?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let's be honest now. BLM is of course an incredibly important movement. One of which I support completely. But there is a vast difference between protesting and rioting/looting and any one who goes on a peaceful protest and comes back with looted goods is not there for the cause. They are there for the violence.

Reply privately

By *olden RatioWoman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

Suggesting that the BLM voices should be silenced for a day? No.

Reply privately

By *oft_SensualTV/TS
over a year ago

Yorkshire

People have obviously weighed up the risks of protesting/not protesting and potentially spreading/not spreading COV19.

The Mayor of Bristol (who's black) got it right. Yes, it's incredibly important, but ultimately more lives could be lost and more misery spread. We'll know in 5-10 days or so, I guess, I hope not.

Whilst we shouldn't align the D Day landings to neatly dovetail with black history, clearly the world would be a very different place without that generation. Not that the world then was a great place for any minority.

Reply privately

By *pertureTV/TS
over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

No, those people who gave there lives, did so under the belief they were leaving a better world for people of all faiths colours creeds, a world free of oppresion, where all would be free and live in peace so No you are wrong.

Reply privately

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

"I think whichever lone idiot defaced the memorial not only let themself down but everyone else who was out there protesting peacefully"

They are all idiots though. My partner is NHS worker and she feels that after all their sacrifices keeping people alive and safe that every one of the BLM protesters and beach/park party goers have spat in their faces. Yes, we know black lives matter but at this present moment in time, all our lives matter.

Reply privately

By *lassy lady 216Woman
over a year ago

Craigavon

Yes i feel the same i myself am a carer not nhs but in the community so still as important why are thry all out protesting about something that didnt even happen here do you really think the amerivans care that people are out putting lives at risk for some guy they havent even met we have worked too hard to get to where we are now and to control this virus to start throwing it all away by all means show your disgust at what happened just dind a safe way of doing it that doesnt involve standing in large crowds and putting people at risk

Reply privately

By *kbloke_11Man
over a year ago

Hockley

Least arousing thread ever!

Reply privately

over a year ago

That is right, there is not much peaceful about their demonstrations as seen in london as well, most are just looking for a reason to riot, also especially during this time there definately shouldnt be any mass gatherings.

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

""the landing in Dunkirk"???

Did I miss something? "

D'oh!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Totally agree, couldn't of said it any better x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Agree with the second part, we have to respect our history and the sacrifices made by ordinary people so that we can live in freedom today.

There was a photo in the news showing soldiers from a nearby barracks scrubbing ACAB (all coppers are bastards) graffiti off a memorial whilst a protester berated them for doing so.

"

Christ that's so sad and disrespectful.

Reply privately

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Sure let's celebrate History and put the BLM protests on hold coz how important is another Black life taken by the police, it's not like George Floyd was a a hero or anything . He was just an unarmed black man . "

Lee Rigby was an unarmed white man

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Lee Rigby was an unarmed white man

"

Lee Rigby was not killed by Police Officers, within a system of structural racism.

They are really not comparable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Totally agree, couldn't of said it any better x"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lee Rigby was not killed by Police Officers, within a system of structural racism.

They are really not comparable. "

Police officers are people too. There are good and bad much like there are of all vocations.

There have been doctors who are killers nursery assistants who are paedophiles and polications who occasionally do some good.

To tar the world wide police forces is the same are taring every BLM demonstrator for those that threw a bike at a horse or punched to the ground the policeman that was running away.

Discrimination isnt right, we live in a world of discrimination from race, sex, gender, social standing, weight or hair colour.

Its all about someone putting someone else down to make themselves feel superior.

We need to stop giving people categories because categories only exist to treat things differently.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They are really not comparable. "

Tony Timpa is comparable but wasn't such outrage, but I guess 'all lives matter' isn't an excuse to flout social distancing rules, loot, throw bicycles at horses, etc.

All lives matter and equality is a massive issue, but it's an issue we should deal with by challenging daily whenever we see inequality, see something wrong, speak up there and then.

Don't save it up to feel you are self-important by being part of a clan that are ignoring current social distancing rules, medical guidance, and putting thousands of elderly and vulnerable people at risk and putting added stress on the NHS and other services.

It's not about one person, I get that, but is the actions of the many not worse than the actions of one?

Reply privately

By *aretobareCouple
over a year ago

Central Portugal

The worst part will be in 5 weeks or so when the virus kills disproportionately more marchers and those connected with them. If Black lives matter why are they spreading it in their community?

Reply privately

By *it ov quality!Man
over a year ago

west yorkshire

"Yes i feel the same i myself am a carer not nhs but in the community so still as important why are thry all out protesting about something that didnt even happen here do you really think the amerivans care that people are out putting lives at risk for some guy they havent even met we have worked too hard to get to where we are now and to control this virus to start throwing it all away by all means show your disgust at what happened just dind a safe way of doing it that doesnt involve standing in large crowds and putting people at risk "
but families cramming themselves on beaches around England is ok? A guy they haven't met and yet the police are still killing black people for their entertainment? It happens in England. Enough is enough

Reply privately

By *ireman28Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire Nottinghamshire

Not controversial at all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes i feel the same i myself am a carer not nhs but in the community so still as important why are thry all out protesting about something that didnt even happen here do you really think the amerivans care that people are out putting lives at risk for some guy they havent even met we have worked too hard to get to where we are now and to control this virus to start throwing it all away by all means show your disgust at what happened just dind a safe way of doing it that doesnt involve standing in large crowds and putting people at risk but families cramming themselves on beaches around England is ok? A guy they haven't met and yet the police are still killing black people for their entertainment? It happens in England. Enough is enough "

Why don't you look up the stats?

In 2018/19 the percentage of deaths in Police custody in England an Wales was 86% White, 3% Black, 8% Asian, 2% mixed and 1% other.

Hardly a massive bias towards black deaths? Or am I missing something?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes i feel the same i myself am a carer not nhs but in the community so still as important why are thry all out protesting about something that didnt even happen here do you really think the amerivans care that people are out putting lives at risk for some guy they havent even met we have worked too hard to get to where we are now and to control this virus to start throwing it all away by all means show your disgust at what happened just dind a safe way of doing it that doesnt involve standing in large crowds and putting people at risk but families cramming themselves on beaches around England is ok? A guy they haven't met and yet the police are still killing black people for their entertainment? It happens in England. Enough is enough "

Where does it happen in england?

Reply privately

By *nB23Man
over a year ago

London

"Yes i feel the same i myself am a carer not nhs but in the community so still as important why are thry all out protesting about something that didnt even happen here do you really think the amerivans care that people are out putting lives at risk for some guy they havent even met we have worked too hard to get to where we are now and to control this virus to start throwing it all away by all means show your disgust at what happened just dind a safe way of doing it that doesnt involve standing in large crowds and putting people at risk but families cramming themselves on beaches around England is ok? A guy they haven't met and yet the police are still killing black people for their entertainment? It happens in England. Enough is enough

In 2018/19 the percentage of deaths in Police custody in England an Wales was 86% White, 3% Black, 8% Asian, 2% mixed and 1% other.

Hardly a massive bias towards black deaths? Or am I missing something? "

In terms of number of deaths that many be the case, however, the stats also indicate black individuals are 4 times more likely to encounter force from the police than white individuals. And also more likely to be randomly stoped and searched, which has been proven to be ineffective.

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Where does it happen in england?"

Blair Peach in Middlesex for a start

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Another few Bitish examples.

Sheku Bayon Kirkaldy

Michael Powell Birmingham

Leon Briggs Luton

Sean Rigg Brixton

Mark Duggon London

Ricky Bishop Brixton

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes i feel the same i myself am a carer not nhs but in the community so still as important why are thry all out protesting about something that didnt even happen here do you really think the amerivans care that people are out putting lives at risk for some guy they havent even met we have worked too hard to get to where we are now and to control this virus to start throwing it all away by all means show your disgust at what happened just dind a safe way of doing it that doesnt involve standing in large crowds and putting people at risk but families cramming themselves on beaches around England is ok? A guy they haven't met and yet the police are still killing black people for their entertainment? It happens in England. Enough is enough

In terms of number of deaths that many be the case, however, the stats also indicate black individuals are 4 times more likely to encounter force from the police than white individuals. And also more likely to be randomly stoped and searched, which has been proven to be ineffective.

"

I think that's a valid point that should be seriously looked at. Any kind of inequality is wrong, however, the reasoning behind the figures need to be understood, it may have nothing to do with colour or it may be prejudice, I don't know and aren't convinced others do either.

I happen to be a white guy that has been 'assaulted' by a police officer as he didn't like me standing up to him and questioning his actions due to his treatment of another person.

I ended up being arrested when I told him that if he shoved me again I'd shove him back.

It got thrown out in court and he left the police, but my complaint about him wasn't upheld due to the fact that I was a big guy and he may have felt threatened.

Prejudice isn't only due to colour.

Reply privately

By *nB23Man
over a year ago

London

I think that's a valid point that should be seriously looked at. Any kind of inequality is wrong, however, the reasoning behind the figures need to be understood, it may have nothing to do with colour or it may be prejudice, I don't know and aren't convinced others do either.

I happen to be a white guy that has been 'assaulted' by a police officer as he didn't like me standing up to him and questioning his actions due to his treatment of another person.

I ended up being arrested when I told him that if he shoved me again I'd shove him back.

It got thrown out in court and he left the police, but my complaint about him wasn't upheld due to the fact that I was a big guy and he may have felt threatened.

Prejudice isn't only due to colour.

"

Sounds like you had a raw deal with the old bill mate.

I'm not saying prejuduce is only due to colour but when you're dealing with institutions ranging from the police to the media where the decision makers don't reflect the diversity, you will have systemic racism. It will be much less noticeable to someone who has white privilege because you'll never face the possibility of being judged on your colour or ethnicity.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm not saying prejuduce is only due to colour but when you're dealing with institutions ranging from the police to the media where the decision makers don't reflect the diversity, you will have systemic racism. It will be much less noticeable to someone who has white privilege because you'll never face the possibility of being judged on your colour or ethnicity.

"

Try being Welsh

Reply privately

By *ieutenantMan
over a year ago

london

Most black people will embraced covid19 than allowing police corps killing them indiscriminately without justice being served as a black person. Here in the uk.Majority of police corps preconceptive of black people as aggressive behaviour is visible.No amounth of police training it's very endemic in the uk police force fraternity. Also politician with cavalier attitude to such brutal tactics. Black live don't matter in the UK. Judge for yourself how many police officer jailed for killing black folks in the UK?

Reply privately

By *nB23Man
over a year ago

London

"

Try being Welsh "

Lol, at least you've got a language to take the piss out of the English without them knowing haha

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Why don't you look up the stats?

Yes, you're missing something. You also need to factor in the percentage of the UK population that are black.

Reply privately

By *rjimMan
over a year ago

nr bristol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_BtYGQEHO0

Reply privately

By *uHorny1Man
over a year ago

Cannock

You think the landing in Dunkirk was about men giving their life for [black people] to have the right to protest?

I think that's called whitewashing history. "

Not wishing to be picky, but the operation at Dunkirk took place in 1940 and was not to land troops but to evacuate them back to Britain.

The D Day landings took place 4 years later in Normandy, several hundred miles away.

Reply privately

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

"Why don't you look up the stats?

Yes, you're missing something. You also need to factor in the percentage of the UK population that are black."

This

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

If BLM had respect for anyone, they would not have defaced war memorials. They are conveniently forgetting that these are the very people who fought and lost their lives so they have freedom and the right to (peacefully) protest. Thwy were all colours and religions too. What they have done is an insult. Their lives mattered too and to deface memorials erected in their honour is an absolute disgrace. This movement will have no support from me because of these actions.

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And yes to the OP. They should have not protested on that day.

Reply privately

By *inkyduokentCouple
over a year ago

Swanley

"

But why does protesting for BLM mean that D-day isn't being respected? There were many Indian and Black colonial soldiers who fought in WW2 that never had the rights that British and French soldiers had and were deemed inferior.

Whilst I don't support the defacing of the memorials, I support the celebration to protest in their honour. "

Absolutely spot on

Plus d day was about defeating the nazi axis.

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"The worst part will be in 5 weeks or so when the virus kills disproportionately more marchers and those connected with them. If Black lives matter why are they spreading it in their community?"

Reply privately

By *rank speakerMan
over a year ago

Worcester

Hardly whitewashing? How many protesters are allowed in any totalitarian state? Think on?

Reply privately

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

It’s not controversial... they shouldn’t be marching on any day at the present time.. and what I saw, it was a bunch of middle class students, who always high jack any protest to cause mither .. but daddy will pay the fine ... then there was the usual looking gang members, sporning for mither .. once it got nasty the OB should of been give the orders to hit back hard .. some of this lot would love to goven via revaluation and violence ... pol pot comes to mind .... if it was football fans, the media would of called them the scourge, scum.. but because of the nature of the protest, these hooligans were called protesters ... not in my name

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"It’s not controversial... they shouldn’t be marching on any day at the present time.. and what I saw, it was a bunch of middle class students, who always high jack any protest to cause mither .. but daddy will pay the fine ... then there was the usual looking gang members, sporning for mither .. once it got nasty the OB should of been give the orders to hit back hard .. some of this lot would love to goven via revaluation and violence ... pol pot comes to mind .... if it was football fans, the media would of called them the scourge, scum.. but because of the nature of the protest, these hooligans were called protesters ... not in my name "

My kids are both students, and no I would not have paid the fine. They would have got a bollocking from me on top of the fine.

Reply privately

By *uHorny1Man
over a year ago

Cannock

"If BLM had respect for anyone, they would not have defaced war memorials. They are conveniently forgetting that these are the very people who fought and lost their lives so they have freedom and the right to (peacefully) protest. Thwy were all colours and religions too. What they have done is an insult. Their lives mattered too and to deface memorials erected in their honour is an absolute disgrace. This movement will have no support from me because of these actions. "

I think you'll find that Black Lives Matter is a movement, whereas vandalism of memorials were individual acts, which were condemned by those organising the protests.

Individuals should be responsible for their own actions and be treated accordingly. And includes those who behave correctly. Don't criticise the whole movement because of the actions of a minority of ill disciplined idiots

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"If BLM had respect for anyone, they would not have defaced war memorials. They are conveniently forgetting that these are the very people who fought and lost their lives so they have freedom and the right to (peacefully) protest. Thwy were all colours and religions too. What they have done is an insult. Their lives mattered too and to deface memorials erected in their honour is an absolute disgrace. This movement will have no support from me because of these actions.

I think you'll find that Black Lives Matter is a movement, whereas vandalism of memorials were individual acts, which were condemned by those organising the protests.

Individuals should be responsible for their own actions and be treated accordingly. And includes those who behave correctly. Don't criticise the whole movement because of the actions of a minority of ill disciplined idiots"

Doesn't put them in a good light at all though does it? They should root out these people if they want more supporters.

Reply privately

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple
over a year ago

Devon

The statue that was destroyed in Bristol. The chap Coulston ? Was a slave trader ? Didn’t he also set up educational establishments in the city and build other civic immenities. I wonder how many bame persons took advantage of the bursaries knowing the history of Coulston. How many went to Coulston hall etc . I just sat there watching it on tv and just thought it was mob mentality.

Reply privately

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

"It’s not controversial... they shouldn’t be marching on any day at the present time.. and what I saw, it was a bunch of middle class students, who always high jack any protest to cause mither .. but daddy will pay the fine ... then there was the usual looking gang members, sporning for mither .. once it got nasty the OB should of been give the orders to hit back hard .. some of this lot would love to goven via revaluation and violence ... pol pot comes to mind .... if it was football fans, the media would of called them the scourge, scum.. but because of the nature of the protest, these hooligans were called protesters ... not in my name

My kids are both students, and no I would not have paid the fine. They would have got a bollocking from me on top of the fine. "

Respect .. mine would of got a fucking good hiding if I’d of seen them being thugs .. infact i wouldn’t of been impressed at all if they were there due to the lockdown ..

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"It’s not controversial... they shouldn’t be marching on any day at the present time.. and what I saw, it was a bunch of middle class students, who always high jack any protest to cause mither .. but daddy will pay the fine ... then there was the usual looking gang members, sporning for mither .. once it got nasty the OB should of been give the orders to hit back hard .. some of this lot would love to goven via revaluation and violence ... pol pot comes to mind .... if it was football fans, the media would of called them the scourge, scum.. but because of the nature of the protest, these hooligans were called protesters ... not in my name

My kids are both students, and no I would not have paid the fine. They would have got a bollocking from me on top of the fine.

Respect .. mine would of got a fucking good hiding if I’d of seen them being thugs .. infact i wouldn’t of been impressed at all if they were there due to the lockdown .. "

Thankyou.

Reply privately

By *it ov quality!Man
over a year ago

west yorkshire

"The statue that was destroyed in Bristol. The chap Coulston ? Was a slave trader ? Didn’t he also set up educational establishments in the city and build other civic immenities. I wonder how many bame persons took advantage of the bursaries knowing the history of Coulston. How many went to Coulston hall etc . I just sat there watching it on tv and just thought it was mob mentality. "
Why should the black folk in Bristol have a slave trader looking down on them after what he did? Even got petition to remove it even to try change the wording on it (they couldn't even find wording) everyone knows its wrong.

Reply privately

By *uHorny1Man
over a year ago

Cannock

"If BLM had respect for anyone, they would not have defaced war memorials. They are conveniently forgetting that these are the very people who fought and lost their lives so they have freedom and the right to (peacefully) protest. Thwy were all colours and religions too. What they have done is an insult. Their lives mattered too and to deface memorials erected in their honour is an absolute disgrace. This movement will have no support from me because of these actions.

Individuals should be responsible for their own actions and be treated accordingly. And includes those who behave correctly. Don't criticise the whole movement because of the actions of a minority of ill disciplined idiots

Doesn't put them in a good light at all though does it? They should root out these people if they want more supporters. "

One of the organisers of a protest spoke on the BBC this morning saying they were doing just that and assisting the police to root out the perpetrators. They don't want them associated with BLM either. Happy now?

Reply privately

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

"The statue that was destroyed in Bristol. The chap Coulston ? Was a slave trader ? Didn’t he also set up educational establishments in the city and build other civic immenities. I wonder how many bame persons took advantage of the bursaries knowing the history of Coulston. How many went to Coulston hall etc . I just sat there watching it on tv and just thought it was mob mentality. "

That statue should have been removed years ago or at least an inscription telling his real story.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Peaceful protests will never happen anymore. You will always get the trouble makers and extremists that use that opportunity to have a riot and totally take away the reason and purpose of said protest.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Either way the statue of a slave trader/racist has fallen .. Hurrah

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/06/20 10:05:30]

Reply privately

By *quarerootMan
over a year ago

Helston

Lost any modicum of support or intention to remotely hear ‘their cause’ the minute they started looting, defacing monuments, throwing a brick at a horse and breaking its nose.

The Floyd family have specifically asked protesters not to behave in this way, and certainly not to do it in the name of the poor man murdered, but they’ve carried on regardless

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Peaceful protests will never happen anymore. You will always get the trouble makers and extremists that use that opportunity to have a riot and totally take away the reason and purpose of said protest. "

The protest of over 10,000 people yesterday was peaceful. They also didn't leave any mess andall wore masks (provided if they didn't have one)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lost any modicum of support or intention to remotely hear ‘their cause’ the minute they started looting, defacing monuments, throwing a brick at a horse and breaking its nose.

The Floyd family have specifically asked protesters not to behave in this way, and certainly not to do it in the name of the poor man murdered, but they’ve carried on regardless"

Rioters and Protesters are two different things. This is what happens when people become passionate

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Lost any modicum of support or intention to remotely hear ‘their cause’ the minute they started looting, defacing monuments, throwing a brick at a horse and breaking its nose.

The Floyd family have specifically asked protesters not to behave in this way, and certainly not to do it in the name of the poor man murdered, but they’ve carried on regardless"

This.

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

The Floyd family have specifically asked protesters not to behave in this way, and certainly not to do it in the name of the poor man murdered, but they’ve carried on regardless

Rioters and Protesters are two different things. This is what happens when people become passionate"

Very true, anyone suggesting looters & rioters diminish the message are failing to understand the message or seeking reasons to not support the virtuous principles of the cause.

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Rioters and Protesters are two different things. This is what happens when people become passionate

Very true, anyone suggesting looters & rioters diminish the message are failing to understand the message or seeking reasons to not support the virtuous principles of the cause. "

Not failing to understand the message or cause at all.

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Who are 'they'? Why would anyone support looters, they're a distinct bunch, just because they might be black doesn't mean they represent the black community generally.

I don't recall the white community or genuine football fans being blamed for football violence just because the majority of football hooligans happened to be white.

Reply privately

By *quarerootMan
over a year ago

Helston

Very true, anyone suggesting looters & rioters diminish the message are failing to understand the message or seeking reasons to not support the virtuous principles of the cause. "

So how do you separate those who were there not committing criminal acts versus those that were when they were all there under one banner?

I don’t think I’ve failed to understand the cause... however, when the family of the murdered man have said ‘not in my name’, I cannot condone acts of violence.

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Very true, anyone suggesting looters & rioters diminish the message are failing to understand the message or seeking reasons to not support the virtuous principles of the cause.

So how do you separate those who were there not committing criminal acts versus those that were when they were all there under one banner?

I don’t think I’ve failed to understand the cause... however, when the family of the murdered man have said ‘not in my name’, I cannot condone acts of violence."

"I don’t think I’ve failed to understand the cause... however, when the family of the murdered man have said ‘not in my name’, I cannot condone acts of violence."

This^^

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think whichever lone idiot defaced the memorial not only let themself down but everyone else who was out there protesting peacefully"

Reply privately

over a year ago

""the landing in Dunkirk"???

Did I miss something? "

I think they meant Normandy.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

Agreed. The people saying that it erases or diminishes the cause tend to be the people who don't care about the cause.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So how many people want to tear down the Colosseum in rome?

Built by slaves so romans could have entertainment watching slaves being hacked and torn apart.

All races and countries have suffered from slavery at some point in their history and if be very surprised if there are any cultures that have never taken an active part in slavery.

Historic values will never match those of the future. Im sure in the future people will baulk at the idea that different areas of the world treated each other differently.

Should i hate the french because in the past they were a major rival to brits or scandinavians because they used to kill and enslave the local population?

Of course not i wasnt alive nor should i hate germans for what their ancestors did during the wars.

Learn from the past. Dont live in it.

Reply privately

By *quarerootMan
over a year ago

Helston

[Removed by poster at 08/06/20 12:49:43]

Reply privately

By *uHorny1Man
over a year ago

Cannock

Agreed. The people saying that it erases or diminishes the cause tend to be the people who don't care about the cause.

Ok... I don’t care about the cause...I would’ve done, but not now, not one jot... not when you’ve got thugs committing the very violent and heinous attacks that they seem to be ‘sooo against’.

Has anyone from BLM movement decried these acts?... err, No. Have they said not in my name... nope. Distances themselves from those committing these acts... nope."

Actually- yes they have...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately, there will always be discrimination of some kind or another. If the whole of the human race was black, or white, we as humans would find something else to direct intolerance at.Sad but true.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Every day has some celebration. On the day he was killed it was Africa Day and also Greek Pride Day.

The response by black folk is a necessity and it needed to be acted on now, at it's most relevant point.

"

no it doesn't

Those protesters are just scum

What needed to be acted on was the police standing idly by as the vandalism happened in front of them,and the sickening spectacle of them one one knee in front of a rabble of lowlife.

That's what's this country has come to,surrender by authority to the mob.

It disgusts me to the core

Reply privately

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

[Removed by poster at 08/06/20 13:23:34]

Reply privately

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Stop looking for reasons not to support Black Lives Matter; this is what our government wants in the hope that it'll go away, it wont. Yes passions will get high and mistakes made but don't let these errors prevent us changing the world for the better.

FYI: protesting for peoples liberty doesn't mean that we'll forget those that fought for our liberty; both can be done in unison. I'm sure that those brave, heroic solders that fought and died during the landings didn't do so thinking that their ultimate sacrifice should benefit some and not all of society.

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Every day has some celebration. On the day he was killed it was Africa Day and also Greek Pride Day.

no it doesn't

What needed to be acted on was the police standing idly by as the vandalism happened in front of them,and the sickening spectacle of them one one knee in front of a rabble of lowlife.

It disgusts me to the core"

Dear Disgusted from Skelmersdale, what did you think to the public murder of a man, already prone and not posing any threat to his executioner?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why are people so threatened?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why are people so threatened?"

Because the conversation makes them uncomfortable. They also think black people are trying to be superior when most people have realised that's not the case. I'm glad support is growing for the cause and hopefully people will try to understand instead of feeling threatened

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most black people murdered by black people most white people murdered by black people and if we look at what is happening in Africa maybe they should be there marching I think it’s absolutely disgusting for the young people are out not Marching but destroying the environment around them they don’t give a fuck about the people that they may pass Corona on to maybe if their parents or their grandparents get him he’ll be fucking sorry for the reaction

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So how many people want to tear down the Colosseum in rome?

Built by slaves so romans could have entertainment watching slaves being hacked and torn apart.

All races and countries have suffered from slavery at some point in their history and if be very surprised if there are any cultures that have never taken an active part in slavery.

Historic values will never match those of the future. Im sure in the future people will baulk at the idea that different areas of the world treated each other differently.

Should i hate the french because in the past they were a major rival to brits or scandinavians because they used to kill and enslave the local population?

Of course not i wasnt alive nor should i hate germans for what their ancestors did during the wars.

Learn from the past. Dont live in it.

"

Don't know if you're referring to the statue in Bristol, but there's an enormous difference between a grand peice of actual history that was part of how they lived, and a statue put up to represent someone of the past that we would now not want to represent. Tearing it down might not be the nicest way of doing it but I'd have expected Germany took any statues of nazis down right away regardless of how many schools they helped build at the time

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why are people so threatened?

Because the conversation makes them uncomfortable. They also think black people are trying to be superior when most people have realised that's not the case. I'm glad support is growing for the cause and hopefully people will try to understand instead of feeling threatened "

Thank you.

It was tongue in cheek but I appreciate your response

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because the conversation makes them uncomfortable. They also think black people are trying to be superior when most people have realised that's not the case. I'm glad support is growing for the cause and hopefully people will try to understand instead of feeling threatened

Thank you.

It was tongue in cheek but I appreciate your response "

Then I'm sorry to pounce on your comment

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry, but I do feel I have to interject here.

This argument goes much wider than just D-day. If all those who give their lives or returned with PTSD, etc, hadn't done so, the Nazis would likely had invaded Britain. In which case there wouldn't be any BLM movement, freedom of speach, or the right to protest.

That was what those people gave their lives for and have continued to do up to the present day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sorry, but I do feel I have to interject here.

This argument goes much wider than just D-day. If all those who give their lives or returned with PTSD, etc, hadn't done so, the Nazis would likely had invaded Britain. In which case there wouldn't be any BLM movement, freedom of speach, or the right to protest.

That was what those people gave their lives for and have continued to do up to the present day. "

No one is discrediting the Army or the wars they have been involved in. The reason of the post is about D-day remembrance. It should be remembered and respected.

The protests and many others have happened whenever they could, there isn't a hidden agenda to take away form important days.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That was what those people gave their lives for and have continued to do up to the present day. "

But if the soldiers of ww1 hadn't given their lives or returned with ptsd maybe we'd have already been German or maybe we'd have been the nazis in some twist of fate, but ww2 didn't stop to commemorate them. Its good to remember but you can't just bring out the they gave their lives argument when there's important things going on in the current world, unless they were planning on dancing naked on the cenotaph during the 2 minutes silence on November 11th.

I'm arguing this btw but I do personally think the mass gatherings are a bit irresponsible in the UK, I can understand it more from a US point of view but we've had our own times when this message would've been important to hear and there wasnt any mass gatherings like this, so why during a pandemic is there?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you.

Then I'm sorry to pounce on your comment "

No worries. Your response benefited the threatened, even if they don't realise it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you.

No worries. Your response benefited the threatened, even if they don't realise it. "

Exactly the goal. Reduce hate and increase understanding. There shouldn't be two sides to this as we aren't trying to gain anything more than others already have

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you.

No worries. Your response benefited the threatened, even if they don't realise it.

Exactly the goal. Reduce hate and increase understanding. There shouldn't be two sides to this as we aren't trying to gain anything more than others already have "

Absolutley true x

Reply privately

over a year ago

That was what those people gave their lives for and have continued to do up to the present day.

But if the soldiers of ww1 hadn't given their lives or returned with ptsd maybe we'd have already been German or maybe we'd have been the nazis in some twist of fate, but ww2 didn't stop to commemorate them. Its good to remember but you can't just bring out the they gave their lives argument when there's important things going on in the current world, unless they were planning on dancing naked on the cenotaph during the 2 minutes silence on November 11th.

I'm arguing this btw but I do personally think the mass gatherings are a bit irresponsible in the UK, I can understand it more from a US point of view but we've had our own times when this message would've been important to hear and there wasnt any mass gatherings like this, so why during a pandemic is there? "

Dare I suggest that the weeks of lockdown have added to peoples frustrations and spilt over into the BLM cause ? I do tend to agree that it is irresponsible for mass gatherings at this time, especially as it appears to be black and Asian communities that are at higher risk of fatality ?

Reply privately

By *adetMan
over a year ago

South Ipswich

I thought the whole thing was pretty cringeworthy. A load of guilt ridden white kids that seem to be convinced that they are responsible for the slave trade, literally falling over each other to try and prove which one of them is the least racist. It was a bloody car crash actually

Reply privately

over a year ago

I chatted to a woman at the protest yeaterday and she said 'despite me being 4 times more at risk, the message had to be loud and clear. Black lives matter and enough is enough.'

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I chatted to a woman at the protest yeaterday and she said 'despite me being 4 times more at risk, the message had to be loud and clear. Black lives matter and enough is enough.' "
It is not only her life she is putting at risk though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why kick off now it’s so mad

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I chatted to a woman at the protest yeaterday and she said 'despite me being 4 times more at risk, the message had to be loud and clear. Black lives matter and enough is enough.' It is not only her life she is putting at risk though."

Nearly everyone was wearing a mask and it was socially distanced.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I chatted to a woman at the protest yeaterday and she said 'despite me being 4 times more at risk, the message had to be loud and clear. Black lives matter and enough is enough.' It is not only her life she is putting at risk though.

Nearly everyone was wearing a mask and it was socially distanced. "

Not from what I could see. I just hope there isn't a huge spike in fatalities in the coming weeks !

Reply privately

By *exy7Man
over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 08/06/20 16:53:31]

Reply privately

By *exy7Man
over a year ago

Bristol

When will we stop with WW2? We seem to commemorate this war every two weeks. I’ve got so much respect for the people - from ALL countries- who fought at the time but it’s just too much now. Time to look ahead. It’s too much! Of course, we shouldn’t forget but I’m personally fed up with the constant glorification of ww2 in this country.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I chatted to a woman at the protest yeaterday and she said 'despite me being 4 times more at risk, the message had to be loud and clear. Black lives matter and enough is enough.' It is not only her life she is putting at risk though.

Nearly everyone was wearing a mask and it was socially distanced. Not from what I could see. I just hope there isn't a huge spike in fatalities in the coming weeks !"

Were you at the protest in nottingham?

Reply privately

By *adetMan
over a year ago

South Ipswich

"Why kick off now it’s so mad "

Because black lives matter and bizarrely at the same time no lives matter

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When will stop with WW2? We seem to commemorate this war every two weeks. I’ve got so much respect for the people - from ALL countries- who fought at the time but it’s just too much now. Time to look ahead. Of course, we shouldn’t forget but I’m personally fed up with the constant glorification of ww2 in this country. "
It is not glorification. It is a stark reminder of what happens when people are intolerant. General Eisenhower wanted as much photographic and news reel footage as possible, covering Nazi death camps. His reason being that one day someone will deny this happened !

Reply privately

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS
over a year ago

Sale

The protesting during lockdown, nevermind during the D-day anniversary raises the much wider and largely unrecognised challenge that ‘pandemic breeds pandemic’. In other words given the coronavirus restrictions on everyday life, people have the time, the energy and most alarmingly the frustration to rally on matters that are equally important (if not more so) to them. It also elevates another point although more of a distraction than anything, in that many in the younger generations are not aligned to the remembrance of ww1 or ww2 and are focusing on more contemporary issues.

So taking racism as a global issue not just a us centric matter, the BLM movement has now a platform to once again spotlight the injustices and prejudices of modern day society. And given the strength of current feeling I would not be surprised if protests continued and inflated for quite some time to come.

What is the answer? Well that is probably a worthy thread for an entirely new debate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

One could argue that racism is a pandemic

Reply privately

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS
over a year ago

Sale

"One could argue that racism is a pandemic "

A very short argument then

Reply privately

over a year ago

"One could argue that racism is a pandemic "

At the protest in Bristol during a speech someone said that. "This is also a pandemic but this one has gone on for far longer and has lead to more deaths, it will continue to go on unless we stop it"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"One could argue that racism is a pandemic

At the protest in Bristol during a speech someone said that. "This is also a pandemic but this one has gone on for far longer and has lead to more deaths, it will continue to go on unless we stop it" "

Exactly.

Reply privately

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS
over a year ago

Sale

At the protest in Bristol during a speech someone said that. "This is also a pandemic but this one has gone on for far longer and has lead to more deaths, it will continue to go on unless we stop it" "

Hear hear

Reply privately

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

A very short argument then"

Because it’s hard to argue against?

Reply privately

By *exy7Man
over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 08/06/20 17:12:33]

Reply privately

By *exy7Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"When will stop with WW2? We seem to commemorate this war every two weeks. I’ve got so much respect for the people - from ALL countries- who fought at the time but it’s just too much now. Time to look ahead. Of course, we shouldn’t forget but I’m personally fed up with the constant glorification of ww2 in this country. It is not glorification. It is a stark reminder of what happens when people are intolerant. General Eisenhower wanted as much photographic and news reel footage as possible, covering Nazi death camps. His reason being that one day someone will deny this happened !"

This country is glorifying this war endlessly. There’s no risk of anybody forgetting it. It’s non stop! OK, Britain won it ( with other countries too) but it’s a bit like the football world in 66, it’s just on and on and on and on...

The right wingers who often dwell on these wars are often the most racist and intolerant of people. Referring constantly to this is preventing us from moving on. It still affects our political decisions - Remember Brexit and these constant references to WW2, hatred for Germany and so on? There are more urgent causes than commemorating this war non stop. One day a year for all these would be enough.

Inequalities such as homelessness, racism, lack of social mobility etc... are current issues that need to be tackled now. And there’s no risk of the Germans getting in the way. The current gvt however, yea! Looking backwards won’t improve the world as it is.

Reply privately

By *apiomanMan
over a year ago

Shipley

I know a statue of the slave trader Colston was pulled down, but I haven’t heard of war memorials being vandalised.

Reply privately

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS
over a year ago

Notts

no one is interested in the truth any more, it's just about shouting louder than anyone else.

Reply privately

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS
over a year ago

Sale

no one is interested in the truth any more, it's just about shouting louder than anyone else. "

Actually I feel it’s all about the truth ...... But the possible variable that causes angst in people is the perceived credibility of person or media delivering the message can often lead to the truth being diluted, or at worse, dismissed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Notts

Reading some posts ref prejudice, they did a test, using a white female, hair dyed brunette and then dyed blonde, as a blonde she got served quicker in virtually every location she went to.

Which reminded me of the story about a small disabled black boy in the 70s, where his black mum always got served last and got the shit veg from under the counter BUT his pretty black sister didn't, she got served quick and with the nice stuff off the display lol she even got served before white people and he had this little priority list about age colour and how attractive or rich you were and where that placed you in lifes pecking order lol I think the kid had a point.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When will stop with WW2? We seem to commemorate this war every two weeks. I’ve got so much respect for the people - from ALL countries- who fought at the time but it’s just too much now. Time to look ahead. Of course, we shouldn’t forget but I’m personally fed up with the constant glorification of ww2 in this country. It is not glorification. It is a stark reminder of what happens when people are intolerant. General Eisenhower wanted as much photographic and news reel footage as possible, covering Nazi death camps. His reason being that one day someone will deny this happened !

This country is glorifying this war endlessly. There’s no risk of anybody forgetting it. It’s non stop! OK, Britain won it ( with other countries too) but it’s a bit like the football world in 66, it’s just on and on and on and on...

The right wingers who often dwell on these wars are often the most racist and intolerant of people. Referring constantly to this is preventing us from moving on. It still affects our political decisions - Remember Brexit and these constant references to WW2, hatred for Germany and so on? There are more urgent causes than commemorating this war non stop. One day a year for all these would be enough.

Inequalities such as homelessness, racism, lack of social mobility etc... are current issues that need to be tackled now. And there’s no risk of the Germans getting in the way. The current gvt however, yea! Looking backwards won’t improve the world as it is."

Comparing 1966 world cup final to remembering the dead of two world wars !

Reply privately

By *exy7Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"When will stop with WW2? We seem to commemorate this war every two weeks. I’ve got so much respect for the people - from ALL countries- who fought at the time but it’s just too much now. Time to look ahead. Of course, we shouldn’t forget but I’m personally fed up with the constant glorification of ww2 in this country. It is not glorification. It is a stark reminder of what happens when people are intolerant. General Eisenhower wanted as much photographic and news reel footage as possible, covering Nazi death camps. His reason being that one day someone will deny this happened !

Inequalities such as homelessness, racism, lack of social mobility etc... are current issues that need to be tackled now. And there’s no risk of the Germans getting in the way. The current gvt however, yea! Looking backwards won’t improve the world as it is.Comparing 1966 world cup final to remembering the dead of two world wars !"

You need to read a bit more carefully. I didn't compare the two... I a just saying that we like dwelling on things instead of moving forward.

Reply privately

By *adetMan
over a year ago

South Ipswich

The glaring irony in all of this is that it has actually never been a better time in all of history to be a minority - of any stripe

These Neanderthals were in a state of hysteria and the police were powerless to do a thing about it

And the reason they were powerless is because this movement has managed to silence anyone that dares to question their methods and that somehow if you're against a deranged mob tearing down a statue then somehow you must secretly be pro slavery. That is the depths to which the narrative about race has plumbed

Reply privately

over a year ago

I read the OPs name as Welsh Tory - I was expecting something completely different from a thread titled 'Contoversial' by a Welsh Tory

Reply privately

over a year ago

Inequalities such as homelessness, racism, lack of social mobility etc... are current issues that need to be tackled now. And there’s no risk of the Germans getting in the way. The current gvt however, yea! Looking backwards won’t improve the world as it is.Comparing 1966 world cup final to remembering the dead of two world wars !

You need to read a bit more carefully. I didn't compare the two... I a just saying that we like dwelling on things instead of moving forward. "

What, like slavery ? Just saying

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont think that remembering all of those brave souls, of ALL colours that gave their lives in the face of such unspeakable times is a glorification of war. Are those times and lives worth any less remembering than the suffering of the black community for the past hundreds of years? Obviously being in the military I do have a specific string attached to my heart for remembering the fallen on those days put aside to think on those matters.

Again I know what i mean but struggle to convey it in a way that doesnt make me seem to be obtuse or blazay about the other issues faced, which I am certainly not x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Notts

Inequalities such as homelessness, racism, lack of social mobility etc... are current issues that need to be tackled now. And there’s no risk of the Germans getting in the way. The current gvt however, yea! Looking backwards won’t improve the world as it is.Comparing 1966 world cup final to remembering the dead of two world wars !

You need to read a bit more carefully. I didn't compare the two... I a just saying that we like dwelling on things instead of moving forward. What, like slavery ? Just saying"

can't have it both ways!

Reply privately

By *exylady1965Couple
over a year ago

stoke on trent

totally agree those people gave there lives totally freely so our lives could be better the sacrifice they made I hang my head in shame to think of the things we have today tv mobile phones gigs pubs resturants holidays cars washing machines fridges freedom and we just throw it away destroying the beauty of the planet im all for protest but vandalism looting disrespecting come on don't be an idiot think educate be better just think that's what they gave there lives for so you could have debate a voice

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is not the genuine protesters that make me angry, although I do question their decision to protest by risking their lives and others because of ongoing pandemic, which is also very real.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The problem being is not the genuine protesters that want their voice to be heard, that's fully what I stand for, but the hangers on and people that go along to these things just to cause trouble and incite violence I have no time for. What's worse is they deject from the actual issue at hand

Reply privately

By *exylady1965Couple
over a year ago

stoke on trent

yes defo it is not the time to protest if this causes a second wave we are all goners and also its not the right to mass on a beach or parks otherwise everything was for nothing and no bodies life will matter because nobody will be here to give a shit

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The problem being is not the genuine protesters that want their voice to be heard, that's fully what I stand for, but the hangers on and people that go along to these things just to cause trouble and incite violence I have no time for. What's worse is they deject from the actual issue at hand "
Exactly. If there was a protest tomorrow about animal welfare, the same mindless idiots will still turn up to deface property and loot.

Reply privately

over a year ago

no it doesn't

Dear Disgusted from Skelmersdale, what did you think to the public murder of a man, already prone and not posing any threat to his executioner?"

I think that all the police involved were suspended and the one kneeling on him was charged with murder

I also think that as this happened in America, those lowlife rioting in this country have zero reason to behave as they did

Reply privately

over a year ago

Notts

[Removed by poster at 08/06/20 19:57:40]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Change is often slow but I honestly believe things have improved dramatically in my lifetime.

Reply privately

By *adetMan
over a year ago

South Ipswich

"Change is often slow but I honestly believe things have improved dramatically in my lifetime."

Things have changed immensely and it's an insult to all the people that spent their lives struggling for that change to protest in a way that makes it appear that somehow the world is more racist today than ever has been. I fear these protests will do more harm than good

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Change is often slow but I honestly believe things have improved dramatically in my lifetime.

Things have changed immensely and it's an insult to all the people that spent their lives struggling for that change to protest in a way that makes it appear that somehow the world is more racist today than ever has been. I fear these protests will do more harm than good "

That is also my fear. It is a fine balance getting things right.

Reply privately

By *hampagneAfterpartyCouple
over a year ago

BLM are bringing people together at a time when we are meant to be avoiding each other for fear of virus spreading, so they clearly don’t think the lives matter that much.

Why aren’t there protests and riots when US police kill a while guy ? The number of while guys killed by police Each year far exceeds the number of black people killed. And why riot in the UK?? I don’t get it

Reply privately

By *ireman28Man
over a year ago

I think it is offensive that you think your topic is 'highly controversial'

Especially as some of these scum have been caught trashing and urinating on war memorials.

I support the BLM movement but it has been hijacked by left wing Nazis and looters. In some fractions it has become little more than a terriost group.

Reply privately

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS
over a year ago

Sale

"BLM are bringing people together at a time when we are meant to be avoiding each other for fear of virus spreading, so they clearly don’t think the lives matter that much.

Why aren’t there protests and riots when US police kill a while guy ? The number of while guys killed by police Each year far exceeds the number of black people killed. And why riot in the UK?? I don’t get it "

How stunningly naïve and mis-informed

Reply privately

over a year ago

Along with how many names on our statues are those of indian,african,pakistani,burmeese, west indian descent? - BTW would love to be proved wrong about this!

Reply privately

By *hampagneAfterpartyCouple
over a year ago

"BLM are bringing people together at a time when we are meant to be avoiding each other for fear of virus spreading, so they clearly don’t think the lives matter that much.

Why aren’t there protests and riots when US police kill a while guy ? The number of while guys killed by police Each year far exceeds the number of black people killed. And why riot in the UK?? I don’t get it

How stunningly naïve and mis-informed"

Enlighten me. At the moment it makes no sense to me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The glaring irony in all of this is that it has actually never been a better time in all of history to be a minority - of any stripe

These Neanderthals were in a state of hysteria and the police were powerless to do a thing about it

And the reason they were powerless is because this movement has managed to silence anyone that dares to question their methods and that somehow if you're against a deranged mob tearing down a statue then somehow you must secretly be pro slavery. That is the depths to which the narrative about race has plumbed "

I think if you wish to discuss slavery and the depths to which it has plunged we would need to have a conversation that spans 400 years, not one week!

Reply privately

over a year ago

no it doesn't

Dear Disgusted from Skelmersdale, what did you think to the public murder of a man, already prone and not posing any threat to his executioner?

I think that all the police involved were suspended and the one kneeling on him was charged with murder

I also think that as this happened in America, those lowlife rioting in this country have zero reason to behave as they did"

It might have happened in America but if we can go to war in iraq for liberty then surely we can all take a knee for it in this country

Reply privately

By *ireman28Man
over a year ago

The majority of immigrants from the countries that you mentioned and their descendants have only been in the country over the last 50 years. Most people fortunate to have a statue have been dead 100+ years.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The majority of immigrants from the countries that you mentioned and their descendants have only been in the country over the last 50 years. Most people fortunate to have a statue have been dead 100+ years. "

This is true, but they did fight in the world wars alongside more traditionally english names.

Under the british empire soldiers from those parts of the world went to war alongside soldiers of British descent, was there life worth less? If not then why aren’t those names on the statues (post 1913 statues!)

Plus I would never call a slave trader fortunate, no matter what else he did in life.

Reply privately

By *ireman28Man
over a year ago

Absolutely not. I hope that they have been recognised with memorials in their homelands. There are monuments to all Commonwealth soldiers in Britain.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let's be honest now. BLM is of course an incredibly important movement. One of which I support completely. But there is a vast difference between protesting and rioting/looting and any one who goes on a peaceful protest and comes back with looted goods is not there for the cause. They are there for the violence. "

I would suggest this se who are carrying hammers and brooms didnt come for BLM... you only carry those if you have more sinister purposes that you can carry out because police and others are not looking in your direction

Reply privately

By *ireman28Man
over a year ago

The names on the majority of statues and monuments are of soldiers et al whom fought for their local regiments and/or place of work. There were not many Commonwealth soldiers fighting in say... Grantham.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They are really not comparable.

Police officers are people too. There are good and bad much like there are of all vocations.

There have been doctors who are killers nursery assistants who are paedophiles and polications who occasionally do some good.

To tar the world wide police forces is the same are taring every BLM demonstrator for those that threw a bike at a horse or punched to the ground the policeman that was running away.

Discrimination isnt right, we live in a world of discrimination from race, sex, gender, social standing, weight or hair colour.

Its all about someone putting someone else down to make themselves feel superior.

We need to stop giving people categories because categories only exist to treat things differently.

"

I think the point being made is that Lee Rigby was killed by terrorists, if that is the standard we hold our police to then god help us all!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I mean Jimmy Saville also raised a lot of awareness and money for charity, but no one is defending him - and rightly so!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Absolutely not. I hope that they have been recognised with memorials in their homelands. There are monuments to all Commonwealth soldiers in Britain. "

You say in their homelands... they didn’t fight under the flag of their homelands, they died next to their white commrades, so why is it the names on memorials in this country are all white yet all races died and bled in the same mud.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The statue that was destroyed in Bristol. The chap Coulston ? Was a slave trader ? Didn’t he also set up educational establishments in the city and build other civic immenities. I wonder how many bame persons took advantage of the bursaries knowing the history of Coulston. How many went to Coulston hall etc . I just sat there watching it on tv and just thought it was mob mentality.

I mean Jimmy Saville also raised a lot of awareness and money for charity, but no one is defending him - and rightly so!"

People follow the money, they did in 1636 and in 1980! Bristol would have been a shit hole, coulston collected slaves off black African princes and took them to America, perhaps the people of Bristol hated it, but money talks when you have sod all, remember people still believed in witches lol saville, people knew but he bought it big bucks and was a star, similar in some ways perhaps? And the African princes, they carried on making money selling people to.

Reply privately

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Totally agree

Del"

They should, they didn't, because that's a white man war and to them it not important, like social distances.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Absolutely not. I hope that they have been recognised with memorials in their homelands. There are monuments to all Commonwealth soldiers in Britain.

You say in their homelands... they didn’t fight under the flag of their homelands, they died next to their white commrades, so why is it the names on memorials in this country are all white yet all races died and bled in the same mud."

How big is every local memorial going to be lol some memorials would be bigger than the town lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The statue that was destroyed in Bristol. The chap Coulston ? Was a slave trader ? Didn’t he also set up educational establishments in the city and build other civic immenities. I wonder how many bame persons took advantage of the bursaries knowing the history of Coulston. How many went to Coulston hall etc . I just sat there watching it on tv and just thought it was mob mentality.

I mean Jimmy Saville also raised a lot of awareness and money for charity, but no one is defending him - and rightly so!

People follow the money, they did in 1636 and in 1980! Bristol would have been a shit hole, coulston collected slaves off black African princes and took them to America, perhaps the people of Bristol hated it, but money talks when you have sod all, remember people still believed in witches lol saville, people knew but he bought it big bucks and was a star, similar in some ways perhaps? And the African princes, they carried on making money selling people to."

To think princes “sold” these people is wrong.

If a subject was sold as a subject then why chain and shackle them? They were stolen.

Although I agree with your point about money, you would assume that in 2020 we can look past defending people over actions that were committed due to money.

Money can and never will buy you a consience.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Totally agree

Del

They should, they didn't, because that's a white man war and to them it not important, like social distances. "

BAME people are more likely to die from covid19

Reply privately

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Totally agree

Del

They should, they didn't, because that's a white man war and to them it not important, like social distances.

BAME people are more likely to die from covid19"

So Covid-19 is racist than.

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

I agree with you,and also have they forgotton the protest are meant to be about George Floyd

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Absolutely not. I hope that they have been recognised with memorials in their homelands. There are monuments to all Commonwealth soldiers in Britain.

You say in their homelands... they didn’t fight under the flag of their homelands, they died next to their white commrades, so why is it the names on memorials in this country are all white yet all races died and bled in the same mud.

How big is every local memorial going to be lol some memorials would be bigger than the town lol"

This makes sense, but its just a shame that not one ethinic name or even a mention to non white soldiers can be added anywhere when they fought together, bled together, died together all under one flag!

Reply privately

over a year ago

People follow the money, they did in 1636 and in 1980! Bristol would have been a shit hole, coulston collected slaves off black African princes and took them to America, perhaps the people of Bristol hated it, but money talks when you have sod all, remember people still believed in witches lol saville, people knew but he bought it big bucks and was a star, similar in some ways perhaps? And the African princes, they carried on making money selling people to.

If a subject was sold as a subject then why chain and shackle them? They were stolen.

Although I agree with your point about money, you would assume that in 2020 we can look past defending people over actions that were committed due to money.

Money can and never will buy you a consience."

No they were sold, the figures are recorded, they, the princes, would steal men from neighbouring tribes and sell them to white traders, like the Egyptians did and every race previously. It was a huge income for them.

Reply privately

By *ireman28Man
over a year ago

How big is every local memorial going to be lol some memorials would be bigger than the town lol

This makes sense, but its just a shame that not one ethinic name or even a mention to non white soldiers can be added anywhere when they fought together, bled together, died together all under one flag!"

May I suggest that you visit the Memorial Gates in London. Yes, they fought under one flag but their regiment would be in their homeland. You do not find Scottish Highland soldiers names on a war memorial in Cleethorpes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This makes sense, but its just a shame that not one ethinic name or even a mention to non white soldiers can be added anywhere when they fought together, bled together, died together all under one flag!"

National memorials give names of all of said regiments... Regardless of race.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No they were sold, the figures are recorded, they, the princes, would steal men from neighbouring tribes and sell them to white traders, like the Egyptians did and every race previously. It was a huge income for them."

I think you will find that the figures recorded aren’t of princes selling slaves, but of the price they were sold for to people in America.

Reply privately

By *ireman28Man
over a year ago

The gurkha monument is in Whitehall. These men and others like them are held in the utmost regard.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This makes sense, but its just a shame that not one ethinic name or even a mention to non white soldiers can be added anywhere when they fought together, bled together, died together all under one flag!

May I suggest that you visit the Memorial Gates in London. Yes, they fought under one flag but their regiment would be in their homeland. You do not find Scottish Highland soldiers names on a war memorial in Cleethorpes."

Yet they fought for a british army. Shame we cant recognise in this country the sacrifice they made for us.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No they were sold, the figures are recorded, they, the princes, would steal men from neighbouring tribes and sell them to white traders, like the Egyptians did and every race previously. It was a huge income for them.

I think you will find that the figures recorded aren’t of princes selling slaves, but of the price they were sold for to people in America."

Wrong again, goggle it, Edward coulston traded with princes, I think they were Nigerian, they made fortunes, it was such good trade that they never wanted to stop, claiming it was gods will !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The gurkha monument is in Whitehall. These men and others like them are held in the utmost regard."

Gurkhas have been fighting for britain since 1885. The gurkha memorial was commissioned in 1997.

Where are the names of the soldiers who died for 112 years?

Reply privately

By *ireman28Man
over a year ago

Come on! They ARE and have been recognised! You appear to be looking for some sort if justified reason to why these scum far left Nazis have destroyed and vandelised war memorials.

Reply privately