FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Conversations going dead after 2 messages..

Jump to newest

By *amLuke OP   Man
over a year ago

M

Im having a problem with women i chat to

Not responding after one or two messages.. been nothing but polite with friendly chat.. any ideas where im going wrong here?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *omesticated_VixenWoman
over a year ago

sw London

If it is happening all the time maybe change your message and replies

By *amLuke OP   Man
over a year ago

M

Not always there is a few i chat too regular but others just blank me.. could it be my profile?

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Not always there is a few i chat too regular but others just blank me.. could it be my profile?"

This isn’t that unusual.

Some respond and are interested, while others, after a couple of messages decide you’re not for them ....seems quite normal

By *amLuke OP   Man
over a year ago

M

Not even getting the chance to tell them about my self or get to know them..

By *olden RatioWoman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

It might be worth putting a bit more about yourself on your profile, rather than making people have to message you to find out.

As you know, men massively outnumber women on here and a fair amount of them have a profile which tells us exactly what they’re about without us having to dig for info.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Im having a problem with women i chat to

Not responding after one or two messages.. been nothing but polite with friendly chat.. any ideas where im going wrong here?"

boring them maybe or diving in with the sexual innuendo before getting to know them, who knows we're not a party to your messages

By *amLuke OP   Man
over a year ago

M

Thanks for your feedback everyone

over a year ago

If my wife finds the messages with no substance to them then she finds it hard to reply too as she feels rightly or wrongly that the man should be wooing her and not her wooing the man.

Me as a single profile on here for over four years never sent any messages to ladies or couples so feel your pain sir.!!!!

Tony

By *ingle Dad SeekingMan
over a year ago

Northern England

After sending a polite respectful 3 paragraph message to a local woman with complimentary "interests"; she replied (and mods I'm paraphrasing) "If you think for one minute I was going to read all that your a mad cunt bye"

Perhaps I should've sent a "FAF" message. Anyway, bullet dodged I reckon - there sure are some funny buggers on here!

By *ingle Dad SeekingMan
over a year ago

Northern England

"After sending a polite respectful 3 paragraph message to a local woman with complimentary "interests"; she replied (and mods I'm paraphrasing) "If you think for one minute I was going to read all that your a mad cunt bye"

Perhaps I should've sent a "FAF" message. Anyway, bullet dodged I reckon - there sure are some funny buggers on here!"

Oh and yes; the "conversation" certainly went dead. I blocked her stroppy arse, and reported her for the abuse.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Expectations are important. Make them realistic.

Most people won't find most other people attractive, due physical, personality or preferences. And some people here may not be able or want to meet atm.

Thus most starting chats will end without a match or meet.

This despite the first message being the most beautiful prose that even Shakespeare may have been jealous of. Or the sender being someone who millions may drop their knickers for, given half a chance.

Expect to have to play the numbers game, so that you get matches that are mutual. And then possibly that your meeting arrangements don't match.

It's tough for most of you single men.

over a year ago

Not responding after one or two messages.. been nothing but polite with friendly chat.. any ideas where im going wrong here?"

There is an old saying, "Men fall in love in what they see and women fall in love in what they hear"

Read their profiles and work out there interest. Women get like 10 messages and hour and couples probably the same. You have to stand out.

Beening nice and polite is really good, sometimes you have to be a little naughty and kinky, peak women's or couples interest

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

They can't see themselves meeting you, so the conversation becomes pointless

By *irty PrettyWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I have a lot of conversations that peter out after a few messages. I try pretty hard to keep conversations going if I’m interested in the person, but often the replies I get are shorter and shorter with less for me to respond to, and eventually I give up because I feel like I’m having to do all the work. If someone can’t maintain a conversation on here when they have time to think about what to say, what hope is there of an enjoyable social with that person? It isn’t just men I have that problem with, but usually.

The other thing that puts me off is when guys get overly sexual after only a couple of messages, with all the “I want to do XYZ to you” etc. I often stop responding to those because it can be very uncomfortable.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)
over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

What medium did you use.

By *ifeandhubby400Couple
over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

"I have a lot of conversations that peter out after a few messages. I try pretty hard to keep conversations going if I’m interested in the person, but often the replies I get are shorter and shorter with less for me to respond to, and eventually I give up because I feel like I’m having to do all the work. If someone can’t maintain a conversation on here when they have time to think about what to say, what hope is there of an enjoyable social with that person? It isn’t just men I have that problem with, but usually.

The other thing that puts me off is when guys get overly sexual after only a couple of messages, with all the “I want to do XYZ to you” etc. I often stop responding to those because it can be very uncomfortable."

THIS for me too such hard work for little or no reward ,hence the patience of a saint needed ..

over a year ago

Can you not talk about meeting socially for a first meet?

I think the meet and event you have advertised will be a difficult one to achieve. It'll be a trusting element to consider first. Maybe try clubs on event nights/days to gain further meets and veris to help you along x

Good luck hun x

over a year ago

"After sending a polite respectful 3 paragraph message to a local woman with complimentary "interests"; she replied (and mods I'm paraphrasing) "If you think for one minute I was going to read all that your a mad cunt bye"

Perhaps I should've sent a "FAF" message. Anyway, bullet dodged I reckon - there sure are some funny buggers on here!

Oh and yes; the "conversation" certainly went dead. I blocked her stroppy arse, and reported her for the abuse. "

You can't win .. Lol

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

Top bants op work on ur bants

over a year ago

Its pretty obvious you are not getting their interest if they don't want to continue chatting so you need to change things however you cant make people want to meet you.

over a year ago

Have some banter, always finish a message with another question if possible.

The Mrs gets bored easily if a guy has nothing about him conversationally, she needs more than her fanny stimulating

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple
over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

Yep happens to us. Seems to be going well then stops. Mind you our location is a problem and maybe sometimes people just notice it 2 messages in

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"I have a lot of conversations that peter out after a few messages. I try pretty hard to keep conversations going if I’m interested in the person, but often the replies I get are shorter and shorter with less for me to respond to, and eventually I give up because I feel like I’m having to do all the work. If someone can’t maintain a conversation on here when they have time to think about what to say, what hope is there of an enjoyable social with that person? It isn’t just men I have that problem with, but usually.

The other thing that puts me off is when guys get overly sexual after only a couple of messages, with all the “I want to do XYZ to you” etc. I often stop responding to those because it can be very uncomfortable."

Spot on. If it's really hard to keep a conversation going I just figure there's no spark there and move on.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

It happens to most of us - try and think of it this way though...in your normal real life day to day interactions, some people you will hit it off with and become friends with, some you'll swap pleasantries and then move on with your business, some you'll have a chat with but never see each other again.

Fab is no different from that really

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Nothing OP. They've probably answered to be polite.

By *c1989Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

This is what I came here to say.

By *ifeandhubby400Couple
over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

The other thing that puts me off is when guys get overly sexual after only a couple of messages, with all the “I want to do XYZ to you” etc. I often stop responding to those because it can be very uncomfortable.

This is what I came here to say. "

This 100%

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Naturally many conversations in person and over the internet fizzle out after a couple of messages, it is quite normal. Sometimes people just don't feel suited and worth investing more time

By *elsh_deviantMan
over a year ago

Bangor

I can relate to this post. It seems that because the women and couples are outnumbered by single guys they seem to get bombarded and struggle to respond to everyone? I always feel like I am chasing rather than being chased but that's the way it should be?

I have days where I feel like deleting my account but then you will see positive advice on the forums and think to yourself "hang on maybe I just need to change my approach"...

I feel like my photos and profile are decent enough but also have learned not to bombard people with messages and photos...I feel my profile can always be improved but at the moment I am stuck in a rut.

Any advice welcome...

over a year ago

Personally for me, if a conversation goes dead after a couple of messages it just means we haven't got anything to say to each other so absolutely no point in meeting

over a year ago

2 messages do not a conversation make

By *hromosexualsCouple
over a year ago

Near Abercynon

"What medium did you use."

That’s where he’s going wrong; trying to contact the dead

By *hromosexualsCouple
over a year ago

Near Abercynon

"What medium did you use.

That’s where he’s going wrong; trying to contact the dead "

I’m a dick. You were making that same joke. Apologies

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)
over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

"What medium did you use.

That’s where he’s going wrong; trying to contact the dead

I’m a dick. You were making that same joke. Apologies "

No worries darling.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Surprised you get messages at all as fit as fuck men with detailed profiles, enticing pictures struggle to get responses to their messages.

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

Don’t stress about it, how many times do you get knocked back talking to women in a bar ?

Just be honest in your messages and not pushy.

Post new Message to Thread