Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Running out of messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've had a couples accounts as well as a single account, photo verified and with silver and gold memberships yet never experienced running out of messages.

So why do others who appear to be photo verified and have a silver membership have no messages.

(I'm reading this a lot on status)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ve had the free account and the silver one, and I’ve never run out of messages either!

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

I think I've only ever seen men say this, it generally makes me wonder just how many times they have hit copy and paste that day (and how wide a distance they are willing to message)

over a year ago

"I think I've only ever seen men say this, it generally makes me wonder just how many times they have hit copy and paste that day (and how wide a distance they are willing to message) "

Last time I check I was male and have never experienced this.

The status I've seen multiple times (different status saying the same thing) is from a females account.

over a year ago

Isn't it just a ploy to get people to message them?

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"I think I've only ever seen men say this, it generally makes me wonder just how many times they have hit copy and paste that day (and how wide a distance they are willing to message)

The status I've seen multiple times (different status saying the same thing) is from a females account."

I didn't say it was you that had said it! I was mearly stating my observation.

If it was a woman saying I'd think either:

A. Flipping heck she must message everyone who messages her. Or

B. Odds on it's a man.

over a year ago

"I think I've only ever seen men say this, it generally makes me wonder just how many times they have hit copy and paste that day (and how wide a distance they are willing to message)

The status I've seen multiple times (different status saying the same

thing) is from a females account.

I didn't say it was you that had said it! I was mearly stating my observation.

If it was a woman saying I'd think either:

A. Flipping heck she must message everyone who messages her. Or

B. Odds on it's a man. "

Yes I agree

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I've run out of messages before, it was when I did reply to everyone who messaged. Very annoying as I couldn't message the one I wanted to meet. So, all of you people whinging that you don't get replies this is another reason why you don't. We prefer to save our messages for people we do want to meet.

over a year ago

When I first signed up before I paid for membership I did run out of messages once (back when itbwas determined to reply to every message) so it can happen. But I thought once you'd paid for either silver or gold you had unlimited?

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"When I first signed up before I paid for membership I did run out of messages once (back when itbwas determined to reply to every message) so it can happen. But I thought once you'd paid for either silver or gold you had unlimited? "

I was a site supporter at the time.

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

I’ve run out before too, so it’s not a ploy...

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

I never even knew that you had a limited amount of messages anyway, One learns something everyday

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

"Isn't it just a ploy to get people to message them? "

Probably to try and get you to move on to KIK or WhatsApp.

over a year ago

The status I've seen multiple times (different status saying the same thing) is from a females account."

Same here.

I wasn't aware there was a mesage limit. I sometimes wonder if it's something people put up to excuse the fact that they haven't replied to any - and perhaps to stem the flow of incoming messages.

Or maybe it's an ego-boost. 'Oh look how popular I am, I've had too many messages to be able to reply to them all'

over a year ago

When I first joined years ago I ran out of messages, and I vaguely remember having to do one of those captcha letter things to verify I'm human. I think it's just for new profiles, but I could be wrong, as it was a long time ago .

over a year ago

The status I've seen multiple times (different status saying the same thing) is from a females account.

Same here.

I wasn't aware there was a mesage limit. I sometimes wonder if it's something people put up to excuse the fact that they haven't replied to any - and perhaps to stem the flow of incoming messages.

Or maybe it's an ego-boost. 'Oh look how popular I am, I've had too many messages to be able to reply to them all'"

There is definitely a message limit; I can't remember who for though.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Same here.

Or maybe it's an ego-boost. 'Oh look how popular I am, I've had too many messages to be able to reply to them all'

There is definitely a message limit; I can't remember who for though."

From what I've experienced it's the same for everyone I think.

over a year ago

So fab sees it as spamming?

over a year ago

"I’ve run out before too, so it’s not a ploy..."

Ah! Obviously I don't send out enough messages

By *sagent81Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"Isn't it just a ploy to get people to message them? "
well woman don’t need a ploy and I doubt it would help a male in the slightest, actually more off putting.

over a year ago

Ive ran out of messages twice on a last profile once when i was a supporter too.. i just spoke to alot of people those 2 days lol

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've run out of messages before, it was when I did reply to everyone who messaged. Very annoying as I couldn't message the one I wanted to meet. So, all of you people whinging that you don't get replies this is another reason why you don't. We prefer to save our messages for people we do want to meet. "

This happened to me too as a site supporter. I tried to reply to every message, even with a polite 'no thanks' x

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Most people won't run out of messages in a day as the limit is very generous but some do ( men , women and couples )

over a year ago

"Most people won't run out of messages in a day as the limit is very generous but some do ( men , women and couples )"

Out of interest, what are the limits?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Admin have never said other than it is not a low figure and most people will never reach it. You do get more if you are verified or have SS

By *utsidenakedMan
over a year ago

Dorchester

I did run out once and had to wait, so does anyone how many is too many???

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I've only ever seen females post this too

over a year ago

I have never had this problem, so I wouldn’t know.

Post new Message to Thread