Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Faulty vibrator...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So yesterday I was so excited to pick up a new vibrator from the postie (after missing the original delivery by RM on Friday) from a well known sex toy seller online.

My partner opened it up, installed brand new batteries, and just at that crucial moment it died. Seems the battery holder is of sub standard quality and doesn’t even fit properly into its holder. The batteries also rattle around so the contacts are only intermittently touching to create power. I was so peeved!

Anyway it’s been used. Can I even send a used product back? I’ll be even more peeved if I just spent a chunk of money that gave me about 7 mins pleasure and I can’t get a refund!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

Technically it's not fit for purpose, so in theory you should be able to send it back.

I'd send it back, unless it's from a place where the return costs are higher than the item.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So yesterday I was so excited to pick up a new vibrator from the postie (after missing the original delivery by RM on Friday) from a well known sex toy seller online.

My partner opened it up, installed brand new batteries, and just at that crucial moment it died. Seems the battery holder is of sub standard quality and doesn’t even fit properly into its holder. The batteries also rattle around so the contacts are only intermittently touching to create power. I was so peeved!

Anyway it’s been used. Can I even send a used product back? I’ll be even more peeved if I just spent a chunk of money that gave me about 7 mins pleasure and I can’t get a refund!

"

You wouldn’t be the first, and certainly not the last to spend a fortune on 7 minutes of pleasure....

I’d check the returns policy of the company you bought it from OP.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

if it is faulty I believe they should pay for the return, I think that's your right.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

If they're well known they'll probably replace it for you

No online company wants bad reviews so it's in their interest to sort this out for you.

Good luck.

over a year ago

if its lovehoney you can send it back no problem

over a year ago

yes is the answer

return and you will get full refund

drop an e mail explaining its a faulty unit

or a not in the parcel.

over a year ago

Of course you can send it back - and if you want a tip, pay the extra candy and buy a Lelo from Lovehoney - you'll never look back. Not cheap, but worth every penny

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

Statutory rights... If it is faulty or unfit did purpose you can return it... Regardless of the nature of the product.

over a year ago

"So yesterday I was so excited to pick up a new vibrator from the postie (after missing the original delivery by RM on Friday) from a well known sex toy seller online.

"

Yes you can send it back under statutory rights as it is not fit for purpose. You also do not have to pay for the cost of returning it because it is not fit for purpose. They will have to provide a returns postage paid label or give you a freepost address.

Reminds me of when I wore out a vibrator after a few weeks and Ann Summers sent me a free replacement. I remember chatting to this guy who worked there via the chat facility on the website. I had to send it back to him personally and I joked that was an interesting job to have....apparently he was well used to handling used vibrators....not sure I would want the job.

over a year ago

pack the batteries in using tinfoil.

over a year ago

I received a faulty vibrator earlier this year. Website asked for a review of my purchase in email so I said what was wrong. They responded by offering me a free replacement. Asked me dispose of the faulty one as they didn't want it back. All done swiftly. Job well done.

over a year ago

No doubt if you put it on for sale hee as used someone will offer you more money than returning it lmao

over a year ago

"No doubt if you put it on for sale hee as used someone will offer you more money than returning it lmao "

And if you throw in some used knickers, you can get an extra Xmas prezzie for yourself with that cash

By *rofessor_MarcusMan
over a year ago

Chorley

I wonder when the clockwork windup vibrator will be introduced. It would save the planet from discarded batteries. And as an added feature to replace the rabbit a cuckoo could be added

over a year ago

"I wonder when the clockwork windup vibrator will be introduced. It would save the planet from discarded batteries. And as an added feature to replace the rabbit a cuckoo could be added "

You can buy a pedal powered one lol

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I wonder when the clockwork windup vibrator will be introduced. It would save the planet from discarded batteries. And as an added feature to replace the rabbit a cuckoo could be added

You can buy a pedal powered one lol"

That would encourage some brisk exercise to be sure lmao

Thanks all for the replies! I’ll contact them to send it back. After I’ve washed it

By *lub coupleCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

"

It died? Must be a very life like cock!

over a year ago

"

Lick it clean and then return it

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

Lick it clean and then return it "

By *eanne n AliCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Just return it and tell them its fucked.

over a year ago

"Just return it and tell them its fucked. "

See what you did there;-)

By *p2norfolkngoodMan
over a year ago

Norwich

Yeah LH takes returns up to 365 days after purchase they just dispose of used items

over a year ago

"

Are you sure he didn’t put aaa batteries in it rather than aa. Failing that you could pack the ends where the batteries touch the terminals with foil so they fit snuggly, they’ll still conduct the electricity. Just make sure you don’t cross the terminals.

over a year ago

"

they don't know it's been used unless you send the video with it as proof it didn't work

over a year ago

Next time get one that is USB rechargeable. Some pretty good ones on Ebay etc

By *eanne n AliCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Next time get one that is USB rechargeable. Some pretty good ones on Ebay etc"

If there are USB rechargeable can you so use it as a mouse if you plug it into a laptop to charge?

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

"Next time get one that is USB rechargeable. Some pretty good ones on Ebay etc

If there are USB rechargeable can you so use it as a mouse if you plug it into a laptop to charge? "

And, can you store all your music on it?

By *andy_tomMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Just tell them its , fucked

Post new Message to Thread