Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Discreet hotels in Stevenage/Welwyn Garden City area

Jump to newest

By *tockton Gent OP   Man
over a year ago

Great Ayton

I'm looking for recommendations for discreet hotels in Hertfordshire close to the A1, so in the Hitchin, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield areas. I've found that Premier Inns all require key card access to the rooms so I'm looking for somewhere that's easier for guests to visit.

Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

The Novatel Stevenage is nice and may work for you.

Also possibly the Gate or Roebuck inn.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Most hotels need a key card, do you mean to get past reception or in the lift?

over a year ago

Great Ayton

"Most hotels need a key card, do you mean to get past reception or in the lift?"

Thanks

To get to the rooms or to use the lifts. Getting past reception shouldn't be a problem if you're confident and look like you know where you're going

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Yes, so my above suggestions are applicable.

Holiday inn and express you need a card.

over a year ago

Great Ayton

Thanks Glitterbabe,

Just reread my reply and it wasn't clear. I understand that most hotels use key cards to open the bedroom door. But I'm looking for a hotel where that's the only time you'll need the key card. So you can get beyond reception and use the lifts to get to the rooms.

But I'm guessing you knew that's what I was asking so I'll give your suggestions a try.

PS when are you going to finish writing your profile?

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I totally will get onto it and finish it....

its really short and leaves people in doubt as to the exact angle of cock pic I find particularly enticing.

Thanks for giving me the heads up....

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Having spent over 30 yrs in Hotel Management, let me give you an update.

True, some of the major groups utilise Electronic key cards to access bedrooms. Those with on site parking might have direct access routes linking the parking areas to the hotel, for which a key card might be required for entry to the building.

But not all hotels operate electronic key cards. This is because these systems are so expensive to buy and install but only have a working shelf life of 10-12 yrs. So small independent hotels stick to trad keys!

Thus try some of the older, more traditional Inns or hotels.

Also try some of the Travelodge hotels where often Reception will be in the main building but rooms separated in other blocks.

How do you find out what design of hotels each has? Simple. The groups have Central Reservations, mostly on 0800 or low cost numbers. Ask which hotel has easy access into bedrooms; make up excuse of leg injury or similar so need step free access, maybe separate from main entrance or such like from car park?

With some hotels, separate access doors will be locked for security reasons at a certain time.

But most hotels using key cards only need them for room access which allows anyone meeting you to wait in a Lounge or Bar and move to the room when texted or phoned by you.

Those hotels which use key cards for lifts are invariably in City Centre locations or where local Police advice at the time of construction has advised such measures to be installed.

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

Novotel as suggested offers what you’re looking for

By *mm and HerCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

The Ramada at South Mymms might work, and you can pick up cheap day rooms there too. You just need to remember to log your reg at reception, though they've never asked why (we've arrived separately before). A few pubs in Welwyn (not wgc) might work - the White Hart has rooms in a courtyard behind the pub for example.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Having spent over 30 yrs in Hotel Management, let me give you an update.

True, some of the major groups utilise Electronic key cards to access bedrooms. Those with on site parking might have direct access routes linking the parking areas to the hotel, for which a key card might be required for entry to the building.

But not all hotels operate electronic key cards. This is because these systems are so expensive to buy and install but only have a working shelf life of 10-12 yrs. So small independent hotels stick to trad keys!

Thus try some of the older, more traditional Inns or hotels.

Also try some of the Travelodge hotels where often Reception will be in the main building but rooms separated in other blocks.

How do you find out what design of hotels each has? Simple. The groups have Central Reservations, mostly on 0800 or low cost numbers. Ask which hotel has easy access into bedrooms; make up excuse of leg injury or similar so need step free access, maybe separate from main entrance or such like from car park?

With some hotels, separate access doors will be locked for security reasons at a certain time.

But most hotels using key cards only need them for room access which allows anyone meeting you to wait in a Lounge or Bar and move to the room when texted or phoned by you.

Those hotels which use key cards for lifts are invariably in City Centre locations or where local Police advice at the time of construction has advised such measures to be installed."

That is a very useful bit of info

over a year ago

Great Ayton

A big thank you to you all, great advice

over a year ago

Great Ayton

Well I hope the Holiday Inn in Stevenage is suitable for discreet visitors. That's where I've been booked in.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

You can get in the lift, and to the floor, you will need to open the door after the lift, before the rooms on your floor for them.

So once out of the lift, you can't get to the rooms without a keycard, or without someone opening that door for them.

over a year ago

Great Ayton

Thanks Glitterbabe, I appreciate your comments.

Sounds like a voice of experience

Post new Message to Thread