Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

timewasters??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

hey guys

a couple messaged me yesterday asking for a meet,spoke to them on the phone and they said they had a family crisis and could we meet in the morning?fair enough.on the way to thier place this morning(bearing in mind they live 40 miles away)they txt to say they had a heavy night and had a hangover and are cancelling!!they`ve since txt asking if we could arrange for another time.they have great verifications,which makes me think thier not timewasters,but right now it feels like they are...am i just being too cynical??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Things happen

People do sometimes just not feel like it even though they looking forward to it

Not saying it wasn't annoying but at

Least they let you know and wanted ta rearrange

Can't speak from experience on this one cause it hasn't happened ta me but if it did I would give em one more chance xx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

do what you feel is right.

2 times... and they wouldn't get a 3rd with me.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

ps... I don't think they are timewasters, they may just have you further down their list of priorities than they led you to believe.

good luck for the future

over a year ago

IMHO, if I have already made plans to meet someone the next day, I would make sure I am fit to do so, and refrain from the excesses the day/night before.

To cancel on the day of the meet citing a heavy/long night the night before is disrespectful.

That's just me.

However, I would advise the OP to re-confirm if the meet is still on as planned BEFORE setting off in the future, especially if it involves driving a fair distance.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

It does depend on the reason given. Family crisis? Illness? Car exploded? Second chance. Hangover? Met someone else? Block time!

We all have a limited amount of time and, although things do happen, I think cancelling because of partying hard the night before is a bit off. I take it the family crisis yesterday was resolved quickly!

over a year ago

Do you feel your time was wasted?

Personally I'd echo what others have said, sounds like you are further down their list of priorities than they are for you. Whether you risk having your time wasted again, is a decision only you can make but personally someone would need a hell of a better reason than a hangover for me to consider giving them a 3rd chance.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Do you feel your time was wasted?

Personally I'd echo what others have said, sounds like you are further down their list of priorities than they are for you. Whether you risk having your time wasted again, is a decision only you can make but personally someone would need a hell of a better reason than a hangover for me to consider giving them a 3rd chance. "

i agree....

over a year ago

Life still goes on and for most of us casual sex with strangers is way down the list of priorities. To cancel once is one thing, to cite a heavy night as an excuse is disrespectful to you in my opinion.

Personally, I wouldn't give them a third chance, I don't know why, but I have a feeling you will.

over a year ago

"Do you feel your time was wasted?

Personally I'd echo what others have said, sounds like you are further down their list of priorities than they are for you. Whether you risk having your time wasted again, is a decision only you can make but personally someone would need a hell of a better reason than a hangover for me to consider giving them a 3rd chance.

i agree...."

Me too sorry

By *ercedes62Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

My feelings are the same as a few others have commented.

Better to walk away - and i personally feel that the meet is never quite as sweet as it should have been.

Hope that makes sense.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

fair enough to cancel...but to claim heavy night is just rubbish!!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I would'nt have anything more to do with them

Would you feel comfortable making another arrangement after what has already happened? I know I would'nt

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"My feelings are the same as a few others have commented.

Better to walk away - and i personally feel that the meet is never quite as sweet as it should have been.

Hope that makes sense.

"

I know what you mean. If someone cancelled with a flippant excuse it would make me think that they weren't that interested in me really.

over a year ago

I sort of read it that the second cancelled meet was the vey morning after the first cancelled meet.wich would be the morning after the family crisis responsible for the first cancelled meet? so I assumed there had been a bad news type of crisis and they got hammered to forget it. Which would then mean that the family crisis had sort of been reponsible for both cancelled meets..which might make the second one part of the first one and so not so bad?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I sort of read it that the second cancelled meet was the vey morning after the first cancelled meet.wich would be the morning after the family crisis responsible for the first cancelled meet? so I assumed there had been a bad news type of crisis and they got hammered to forget it. Which would then mean that the family crisis had sort of been reponsible for both cancelled meets..which might make the second one part of the first one and so not so bad?

"

or they got a better offer, had a great night, were hungover and thought they would keep him dangling for another time

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

guy never turned up for a meet due to getting bladdered with his mates and not getting home for three days .

i had messgaed him on the day of meet to confirm ,as got not response i made arrangemnets else where lol! after such a feeble excuse he was blocked and deleted with out a second thought !

up to yourself how you move forward from your situation but remember people can only waste your time if you let them !

over a year ago

Go with what you feel for me d&b x good luck

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I sort of read it that the second cancelled meet was the vey morning after the first cancelled meet.wich would be the morning after the family crisis responsible for the first cancelled meet? so I assumed there had been a bad news type of crisis and they got hammered to forget it. Which would then mean that the family crisis had sort of been reponsible for both cancelled meets..which might make the second one part of the first one and so not so bad?

"

yeah,thats probably right actually!

over a year ago

If their VFs are good, chances are that they are ok, but if they've read this thread and cottoned on that they are the topic of it .... maybe they won't be too pleased.

But as has already been said, things happen and people cancel.

For example, 3 weeks ago we'd arranged a meet for the day following our return from our holidays, but when we got back, we both had a dose of the shits - which lasted for over a week and we had to cancel the meet. The guy was fine about it and we've arranged something elses.

Shit happens and in our case it did - literally

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

yeah,thats probably right actually!"

sorry but if its that much of a crisis youd put things on hold till totally resolved ,not just reshedule for the very next morning .

over a year ago

"

or they got a better offer, had a great night, were hungover and thought they would keep him dangling for another time"

cynic!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"

or they got a better offer, had a great night, were hungover and thought they would keep him dangling for another time

cynic! "

, I know, god forbid what I said would happen on here.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

or any other site as I truly believe this one is amongst the best.

over a year ago

"

sorry but if its that much of a crisis youd put things on hold till totally resolved ,not just reshedule for the very next morning ."

maybe they thought it would be a 'quick-solve' crisis ... but it turned out to be a getting blathered crisis

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

For us it's generally 2 strikes and your out....

But as least they contacted you to let you know.

over a year ago

"For us it's generally 2 strikes and your out....

But as least they contacted you to let you know."

+1

Post new Message to Thread