Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Event nights at a Club

Jump to newest

By *aeBabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

Hi All,

I will be hosting my first big private party in April and was wondering if I were to do this on a regular basis (like every 2 months), and wanted to do it as a club night at a club, how would I go about doing that?

Do you just approach a club and ask them?

I use to do swing socials in cocktail bars in central London and would bring that crowd to a London club after, but that club apparently doesn't want my business

Is it worth doing at a club or keeping it in a private setting?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Perhaps it would come down to costs? I'd guess that hiring a private venue would involve an upfront cost whereas when my friend hired a club for her event she had to guarantee a certain amount of revenue would be generated (ie x amount of people paying y amount each for the event to break even).

This would affect the price of admission you'd need to charge based on the amount of people you'd like to attend which in turn would be affected by how selective you'd be with your attendees (ie open to nearly all or only those who met a certain criteria).

I suppose a private event would have more of an exclusive feel but a club would already have equipment and facilities in place for a swinging event so may be more straightforward to set up?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Any venue is going to want to make at least as much from renting the venue to you as they get from running their own night there. If they would otherwise be closed, they will want to be sure of covering their costs.

There is always the danger you make it a success and then they mount a similar event and cut you out of the loop at a later date.

By *op2Couple
over a year ago

North west

Maebae do you still go to le boudoir x

By *aeBabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"Maebae do you still go to le boudoir x"

I PM'd you

By *aeBabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"Perhaps it would come down to costs? I'd guess that hiring a private venue would involve an upfront cost whereas when my friend hired a club for her event she had to guarantee a certain amount of revenue would be generated (ie x amount of people paying y amount each for the event to break even).

This would affect the price of admission you'd need to charge based on the amount of people you'd like to attend which in turn would be affected by how selective you'd be with your attendees (ie open to nearly all or only those who met a certain criteria).

I suppose a private event would have more of an exclusive feel but a club would already have equipment and facilities in place for a swinging event so may be more straightforward to set up?"

Thanks for the Advice

By *aeBabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"Any venue is going to want to make at least as much from renting the venue to you as they get from running their own night there. If they would otherwise be closed, they will want to be sure of covering their costs.

There is always the danger you make it a success and then they mount a similar event and cut you out of the loop at a later date.

"

That is true

By *BW SnowbunnyWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere over the Rainbow

My friend recently approached a club with a view to holding regular parties there. She was told that she would get a percentage - around 30%

Post new Message to Thread