Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Skin tags

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I appear to have developed a skin tag on my neck. Only noticed it this morning when I caught the fucker when shaving.

Know it's only minor blemish but little things like that really bug me and I'm now paranoid that it's really noticeable and will put people off.

Is there a safe way to remove them?

Do they put people off?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/02/18 11:54:59]

over a year ago

Your doctor will do it for you if it's really bothering you.

They do it with some surgical type of cotton

I know this cos I had one removed from under my boob!!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Your doctor will do it for you if it's really bothering you.

I know this cos I had one removed from under my boob!! "

Thank you, I'll make an appointment with the gp. Yeah it is bothering me especially when I caught it shaving. I've got a depression and anxiety which plays with my self confidence sometimes so I can get worked by little things like this.

Annoyed at the timing as well as only just noticed it today and I'm going to my first club night tonight. Just paranoid everyone will notice it!

By *igertigerCouple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

"Your doctor will do it for you if it's really bothering you.

I know this cos I had one removed from under my boob!!

Thank you, I'll make an appointment with the gp. Yeah it is bothering me especially when I caught it shaving. I've got a depression and anxiety which plays with my self confidence sometimes so I can get worked by little things like this.

Annoyed at the timing as well as only just noticed it today and I'm going to my first club night tonight. Just paranoid everyone will notice it! "

no one will notice it they're pretty common. They can be removed by tying some cotton threat around the base of it. It will fall off after a few days.

By *aren grantTV/TS
over a year ago

kyle

"I appear to have developed a skin tag on my neck. Only noticed it this morning when I caught the fucker when shaving.

Know it's only minor blemish but little things like that really bug me and I'm now paranoid that it's really noticeable and will put people off.

Is there a safe way to remove them?

Do they put people off? "

Google skin tag removal, there's lots of advice. Boots sell a removal kit which might be worth a try.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/02/18 13:31:06]

over a year ago

[Skin tag removed by poster at 03/02/18 13:32:59]

By *isalashes888400Couple
over a year ago

ennis

"[Skin tag removed by poster at 03/02/18 13:32:59]"
savage

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I literally just snipped mine off with a sharp pair of nail scissors and dabbed it with surgical spirit afterwards. It didn't really hurt - just a very brief nip and it was done. It didn't bleed much at all and only left a dot sized wound.

over a year ago

I have heard if you put savlon cream on skin tags they fall off after a couple of days . Anyone tried this ?

over a year ago

Day clinic take them off .got to be careful as some bleed alot and some don't .some can leave a scar .I took my friends off by using her hair to tie it .It fell off in a few days and no scar .

over a year ago

Beauty salons do them, they zap it with an electric current. It then goes black and just falls off.

By *rmskirk360Woman
over a year ago

Wigan

I've posted on a similar thread not too long back.

I remove my dad's as he suffers with them chronically. His are round his collar area.

I clean it with some iodine solution, freeze the area with ice, snip it off with sharp scissors then if there's any bleeding (which there rarely is), I dab some quick stop on it.

He's never scarred, and says he's never felt a thing.

The regularity he gets them makes it awkward to keep going to the doctors, so we started doing them ourselves.

over a year ago

Most times the practice nurse can do it xxx

By *ue and robCouple
over a year ago

ware

Cut them off with nail clippers

over a year ago

I have a lot, over different areas of my body but mostly the neck. Doctor cut mine off with scissors, the first few without numbing them, but the big ones really hurt and bleed a lot!

Nip that one in the bud before you get loads!

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

OP, don't worry about anyone noticing it - you may feel it's really obvious, but no one else will even notice. One of my former playmates has 6 or 8 across his shoulders and back, and it didn't affect his attractiveness in the slightest - he's in and out of the hot-tub all night. Put it out of your mind, and enjoy your club visit.

over a year ago

Dont waste your gp's time sort it yourself ffs its only a fecking tag... use cotton.

By *orticiaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Wind some cotton around it tightly & leave it - the blood vessel will close off & it’ll drop off on its own in a couple of days

over a year ago

Two min job you can do yourself rather than going docs. Google. It’s easy. Use cotton as others have said

over a year ago

Some doctor wont do them , I have one on my groin and mine wont

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/02/18 23:59:31]

over a year ago

I use to have two tags but under my armpits they fell off themselves. I don't think they would put people off at all.

By *abcouple11Couple
over a year ago

Truro

"Wind some cotton around it tightly & leave it - the blood vessel will close off & it’ll drop off on its own in a couple of days "

and all others saying about cotton - thanks. I wondered about doing a constrictor knot with cotton sewing thread pulled tight around the base of a skin tag... A couple of days - so if this is on the face you can do it over the weekend in most cases?!

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

They pose no health risk so some GPs won't bother.

For skin tags on the body, you can remove them yourself with kits which are available to buy or with nail clippers. You shouldn't feel any pain if you get the clippers just at the base of the tag but it might bleed a little.

Most people realise that skin tags aren't infectious or sign of any disease. Some people are just susceptible to getting them where skin rubs eg. shirt collars. The thread a couple of weeks ago referenced tags on the base of the penis which probably isn't somewhere to wield nail clippers. I had this myself and was recommended savlon by the GUM clinic who also confirmed my GP's diagnosis of skin tags rather than warts or anything else. In my case the savlon cleared away those tags in 2-3 days.

Post new Message to Thread