Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Question about blocking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why do people block you after one message. Have had this happen a few times now. I read the profile to see if we match then send a message. It is read then instant block. Don't understand

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Why do people block you after one message. Have had this happen a few times now. I read the profile to see if we match then send a message. It is read then instant block. Don't understand "
people use a block as another filter op, don't take offence it saves time wasted on both sides, they may have not felt you were their match x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It usually means they don't want to meet you and rather than turn you down they delete your message. It also prevents you wasting your time contacting them again.

We do this occasionally if someone has very obviously not read our profile.

It's not personal and you shouldn't take it as such

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A lot of people will also block profile with a silhouette profile pic such as yours. Try adding a pic to help you along, doesn’t have to be something identifying but enough to stir possible interest

By *inful xWoman
over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

"Why do people block you after one message. Have had this happen a few times now. I read the profile to see if we match then send a message. It is read then instant block. Don't understand "

You might of thought you matched but she obviously didn't. Don't worry about why , just move on

over a year ago

"It usually means they don't want to meet you and rather than turn you down they delete your message. It also prevents you wasting your time contacting them again.

It's not personal and you shouldn't take it as such "

Would rather be turned down personally i find it more hurtful not knowing

over a year ago

"Why do people block you after one message. Have had this happen a few times now. I read the profile to see if we match then send a message. It is read then instant block. Don't understand

You might of thought you matched but she obviously didn't. Don't worry about why , just move on "

I do and have moved on but was just wondering if it happened to most people

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It usually means they don't want to meet you and rather than turn you down they delete your message. It also prevents you wasting your time contacting them again.

Would rather be turned down personally i find it more hurtful not knowing "

But you do know. You were blocked, it means the person you contacted isn't interested.

over a year ago

Would rather be turned down personally i find it more hurtful not knowing "

Not knowing what? They're not interested, that's all you need to know. Don't worry about it or this site will drive you mad. As others have said, its nothing personal, people are just using the tools the site provides to run their profile in a way that suits them.

over a year ago

You think they are a match.

They they think you are not.

By *imandHerNottsCouple
over a year ago

North Notts

We use block to filter. A sure filtering offence for us is a single word to a single sentence message.

We can’t get along with the minimum effort technique xx

By *inful xWoman
over a year ago

Not knowing what? They're not interested, that's all you need to know. Don't worry about it or this site will drive you mad. As others have said, its nothing personal, people are just using the tools the site provides to run their profile in a way that suits them. "

This

Op I suggest you read the site frequently asked questions as it will give you an insight as to how this site works

By *illnatMan
over a year ago

wherever i need to be

It happens a lot and others are right it’s just a way of managing the site for them.

Remember the ratio of single males to females (and couples) on here is vast! Some women and couples get 100s of messages a day and they can’t possibly answer them all. So an easy way to filter their preferences from a quick look at your profile (probably in Ninja mode so you don’t know they’ve looked)

Also gotta remember that it is their preference at the end of the day.

I just take it as part of the site now and move on. Just basically means they’re not interested and it’s probably easier for them to do it.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

over a year ago

But you do know. You were blocked, it means the person you contacted isn't interested."

True I guess. Is it too much to ask for a no or do you get too much mail to answer all?

over a year ago

Thanks for all advice will take it on board for next time

over a year ago

I was once blocked by a girl I was texting for a few days, just small talk and one night she just stopped texting but was still online. She was online loads of time over the next 3-4 days but never replied so I deleted all my messages to and from her and then she replied after a few days saying "hey sorry for the slow reply" but I just deleted it and then received a text saying "don't text me again I don't tolerate rudeness" and I replied "me neither" and was blocked. Some women on this think they're above some guys, don't worry about it.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Why do people block you after one message. Have had this happen a few times now. I read the profile to see if we match then send a message. It is read then instant block. Don't understand

You might of thought you matched but she obviously didn't. Don't worry about why , just move on

I do and have moved on but was just wondering if it happened to most people "

Yes it happens to a lot of people. Seriously don't sweat it. Her reasons won't neccessarily be the same for others. She could tell you why and it wouldn't matter to the next person. You could change your approach style due to what she said. Your new approach might not be compatible with the next person whereas your old one may have worked.

over a year ago

"I was once blocked by a girl I was texting for a few days, just small talk and one night she just stopped texting but was still online. She was online loads of time over the next 3-4 days but never replied so I deleted all my messages to and from her and then she replied after a few days saying "hey sorry for the slow reply" but I just deleted it and then received a text saying "don't text me again I don't tolerate rudeness" and I replied "me neither" and was blocked. Some women on this think they're above some guys, don't worry about it. "

Just because someone blocks, doesn't mean they think they are above people. That was just your experience of it.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

But you do know. You were blocked, it means the person you contacted isn't interested.

True I guess. Is it too much to ask for a no or do you get too much mail to answer all? "

We don't get too many to answer and we do reply to many messages. However as I said if the person messaging hasn't read our profile or just addresses me (f) we do delete.

If being blocked genuinely hurts your feelings this site might be tough on you. We sent a guy our face pictures once and he immediately deleted his profile . We laughed, it's the internet nothing is personal

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I find not looking at sent messages helps - intend to keep last read message from a person - and give it a few days

I can be bad at replying, sometimes I will read an email and reply a couple of days later depending on current plans / work commitments

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Sorry dude that's my fault trying to persuade women to block if the receive a message from someone they will never have interest in

Keeps fab clean and tidy

I've just blocked the six new profiles that have popped up in my search as I feel they may not be who the profile claims or not my type

Blocking ensures the sender knows they are rejected instead of the incorrect assumption that no reply always means read and rejected xxx

over a year ago

Sorry dude that's my fault trying to persuade women to block if the receive a message from someone they will never have interest in

Keeps fab clean and tidy

I've just blocked the six new profiles that have popped up in my search as I feel they may not be who the profile claims or not my type

Blocking ensures the sender knows they are rejected instead of the incorrect assumption that no reply always means read and rejected xxx"

Think sometimes people feel hurt when they are blocked as on social media like fb it is usually done when someone bugs you or you fall out with them. So when someone is blocked on here its easy for them to wonder what they have done 'to deserve it'. But its mainly used differently on here, yes sometimes its because someone has annoyed you or really put you off somehow. But mainly I think used to stop contact from people you know you do not want to meet, nothing 'personal' about it, nothing they have done wrong

By *rince Charming 69Man
over a year ago

Loughborough

You have no picture on your profile.

You have put in no effort on your profile text.

And you wonder why people are not interested in meeting with you?

Effort in = Results out

Quite simple, really, isnt it!

By *hamboy69Man
over a year ago

huddersfield

After I’ve sent a message I give the recipient 12 hours to reply if they don’t I bloc them it saves wasting time in the future.If they someone can’t be bothered to reply to a courteass message then move on it’s their loss.

over a year ago

True I guess. Is it too much to ask for a no or do you get too much mail to answer all?

We don't get too many to answer and we do reply to many messages. However as I said if the person messaging hasn't read our profile or just addresses me (f) we do delete.

If being blocked genuinely hurts your feelings this site might be tough on you. We sent a guy our face pictures once and he immediately deleted his profile . We laughed, it's the internet nothing is personal "

Yeah you are right life is too short to let petty things like this worry me on here

By *iversong321Woman
over a year ago

Preston/Merseyside

Sometimes I block so I dont come up on their searches. Dont waste their time then.

over a year ago

"After I’ve sent a message I give the recipient 12 hours to reply if they don’t I bloc them it saves wasting time in the future.If they someone can’t be bothered to reply to a courteass message then move on it’s their loss.

"

it's not their loss if they aren't interested in someone though is it?...and its not a matter of not 'bothering' to reply. Again, the site rules explain this.

By *offee with MilkCouple
over a year ago

Over the roundabout and then turn right.

We have just looked at the OP's profile. If we were looking for single guys we would certainly pass this one by. This statement is not meant nastily, but merely to point out how uninteresting the profile is.

By *infulSandyCouple
over a year ago

London

There are many potential reasons for blocking, from what we have gathered during our time here many of those reasons aren't meant to hurt or offend.

I agree with what someone else said OP, if you're easily offended, upset or over think this I too much then maybe the site is not for you.

The thing is that this thread has happened before and it will happen again, the wording may be different, the ego may or may not be present but it boils down to the same answer:

"Don't let it get to you, move on, try and present the best of you and happy Fabbing "

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"We have just looked at the OP's profile. If we were looking for single guys we would certainly pass this one by. This statement is not meant nastily, but merely to point out how uninteresting the profile is. "

Totally agree.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Sometimes I block so I dont come up on their searches. Dont waste their time then."

Very intelligent , wise solution to the ,

Do I send another message problem and

60 local ladies who are never a consideration all showing and distorting the searches x

Not interested , don't waste time replying don't just ignore just press the block instead of the delete button works better for everyone

Why men want to see countless profiles that have rejected them rather than just the new possibilities is beyond my tiny blond brain xxx

over a year ago

"After I’ve sent a message I give the recipient 12 hours to reply if they don’t I bloc them it saves wasting time in the future.If they someone can’t be bothered to reply to a courteass message then move on it’s their loss.

"

Harsh. We usually process our messages in one go about every 2 or 3 days. That includes people we are interested in. I would find it bizarre if someone couldn’t wait more than 12 hours for my husband and I to have a moment together so we can go through our messages. We might not even see each for 12 hours, so how are we supposed to reply to messages within 12 hours?

Mrs

over a year ago

If the msg was crude or offensive then blocked

If the msg was pestering all the time blocked

These are main blocks i use on msgs

over a year ago

"

Wow we try to reply ASAP but mr works 12 hour shifts so sometimes we don't see each other to make a decision! Plus we can go 12 hours without being online. It usually takes a day or two for a reply from us if it's someone new.

over a year ago

stop reading profile textsit's all bullshit n stop wasting ur time on writing half page Cose they said they don't like one liner

and don't look at ur sent messages good luck

over a year ago

A lot of people use it as a filter. For example, anyone who calls themselves hot, hung, BBC, or other arrogant/self-grandiosing terms like that, get a block from me, even if we haven’t communicated. Precludes them ever wasting their time messaging me. Any guy that sends pictures and then removes them, block. Anyone that acts like an arse in the forums, block. In other words, it’s not so much « personal » as it is an efficiency filter.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I do and have moved on but was just wondering if it happened to most people "

OK this is a scenario for saying no thanks politely...

NO thanks happy fabbing

Why not?

Because you aren't what I'm looking for/don't match my preferences

You can verify me/only just out of your age range/we can do car/hotel etc

Again, no thanks sorry you aren't for me

You're a f*cking fat cow, don't want to meet you anyway (that was mild by the way, far worse messages than that in my inbox)

You get the picture OP?

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"

harsh, so how does that help with shift workers like myself? I regularly do 14+ hour shifts? Your loss I guess.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I block when I've said no thanks.

This prevents a) abuse and b) them coming back, which they always do

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

[Removed by poster at 29/11/17 23:43:11]

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

"Why do people block you after one message. Have had this happen a few times now. I read the profile to see if we match then send a message. It is read then instant block. Don't understand people use a block as another filter op, don't take offence it saves time wasted on both sides, they may have not felt you were their match x"

EXACTLY this. While you may think you meet all the criteria it could simply be they don't fancy you.

Block is (unfortunately) a very effective, if somewhat blunt filter.

over a year ago

They're not interested. Not exactly complex to figure out...

By *ptimusDMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"

12 hours? That's a bit strong isn't it? You do realise people have lives to live outside fab and for many people fab emails aren't at the top of their daily to do list.

Personally I only block if you read and delete my email without replying at any stage of our conversation, because it is then obviouly clear they aren't interested.

Unread emails do not necessarily signify lack of interest.

over a year ago

could e mail admin and ask them to add an unblock button

By *inful xWoman
over a year ago

12 hours? That's a bit strong isn't it? You do realise people have lives to live outside fab and for many people fab emails aren't at the top of their daily to do list.

Personally I only block if you read and delete my email without replying at any stage of our conversation, because it is then obviouly clear they aren't interested.

Unread emails do not necessarily signify lack of interest.

"

You're not allowed a life apparently. Sometimes I don't log on for a few days. That's not my loss as I'm out having fun

over a year ago

"could e mail admin and ask them to add an unblock button"

Or not

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"A lot of people will also block profile with a silhouette profile pic such as yours. Try adding a pic to help you along, doesn’t have to be something identifying but enough to stir possible interest "

Great answer

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

It's not personal and you shouldn't take it as such "

our reply to lol

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"Why do people block you after one message. Have had this happen a few times now. I read the profile to see if we match then send a message. It is read then instant block. Don't understand people use a block as another filter op, don't take offence it saves time wasted on both sides, they may have not felt you were their match x"

. I do it a lot. If we're not meeting then you don't need to see what I'm doing.

over a year ago

Ill do it if its clear they haven't bothered reading my profile... anything crude and creepy and I block and delete.

Otherwise i may say "Thanks but not for me"

If I get a whiney "but why" then I block. I'm not obligated to answer to anyone

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

For me it’s that I get bored of replying saying,

You’re profile says straight. Our profile says first line we don’t meet people with straight profiles.

To then get back

Yeah I know but I’m actually bi I just don’t put it on my profile because it puts some people off

And this is the situation time and time again, so instead of having to repeat myself I sometimes just block. And really speaking why is that bad? They haven’t been courteous enough to read and respect our profile ....

So for a better outcome, at least read profiles and check you comply with what they want before messaging. Good luck.

Post new Message to Thread