Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Fire stick v Android box advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's the difference between the two?

Which is better,both in around the £40 mark?

What advantages would one have over the other?

Not technologically minded at all so all advice welcome

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uss in bootsxxxMan
over a year ago

bradford

Had both

Both shit

Gr8 ass btw

over a year ago

"Had both

Both shit

Gr8 ass btw "

Helpful

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I'd go for the Android box

If yoiu put Kodi on a Firestick then Amazon will void the warranty.

over a year ago

"I'd go for the Android box

If yoiu put Kodi on a Firestick then Amazon will void the warranty."

That's good to know

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Got both with kodi working on both

I've got a T8 android box

If running kodi I don't think much difference

If you have amazon prime maybe go with the firestick

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Ive got a firestick. Running kodi and a few other apps. Runs fine. The stick gets a bit hot for some reason. Other than that works great.

over a year ago

Kodi isn't the issue,I have kodi on my fire stick and to be honest i don't think it's great,but i do have perfect player which runs very well on the fire stick,just wondering if it would run better or faster on an Android box.

A friend wants it and is undecided as to which device to use

over a year ago

My only gripe with my android box is I cannot update the firmware which means I cannot upgrade kodi to krypton, which can hinder some of the streams

over a year ago

"My only gripe with my android box is I cannot update the firmware which means I cannot upgrade kodi to krypton, which can hinder some of the streams "

Thanks,I know kodi does need updated from time to time

By *ecret but funCouple
over a year ago

Doncaster

Just make sure you got at least 4 meg internet speed as for updating its easy just download latest version from Kodi web site we have for two android boxes ps they work better if hard wired with eathernet cable in back of the android box hope this helps guy's

over a year ago

Thank you,will definitely bear that in mind

over a year ago

Fire stick with showbox on works ok but you need a Bluetooth keyboard or to but an app otherwise you cant move around to select films.

over a year ago

question the supplier to see that the latest firmware is on the device then there will be no issue with kodi and what ever build is on it. there is also other options for streaming. I can give a list of them just pm me anyone that wishes to know.As not sure if can publish here

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

"Just make sure you got at least 4 meg internet speed as for updating its easy just download latest version from Kodi web site we have for two android boxes ps they work better if hard wired with eathernet cable in back of the android box hope this helps guy's"
you need more than 4 meg for live tv to run smoother

over a year ago

I have both firestik and nexus android box with kodi on both are good,you need a good internet speed if not you will get buffering

over a year ago

Got both use my android box downstairs got kodi 17.5 running plus Stb emu with a paid iptv service also use real debrid with kodi plus vpn works a treat but not entirely straight forward took a bit tweaking and have to change servers on vpn for live 3pm kicks offs etc but all in full hd I find iptv works so much better away from kodi

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

[Removed by poster at 08/11/17 20:57:55]

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Firestick is much better with Amazon Prime.

Amazon only void the warranty if you 'root' the stick. Nothing to do with loading KODI. Or if you use illegal content. KODI is legal - what users use KODI for is sometimes illegal.

You can load KODI without rooting the stick.

Just google it.

By *laphe1Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield

fire tv are better but pricier ,kodi can still be good but is now limited in content and you have to keep up to date by following on twitter usually .Terrarium APK is a good stand alone app ,with solid links to tv and movies

over a year ago

"fire tv are better but pricier ,kodi can still be good but is now limited in content and you have to keep up to date by following on twitter usually .Terrarium APK is a good stand alone app ,with solid links to tv and movies"

Kodi’s content is as good as ever the main problem is geo blocking that’s what vpn’s are for

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

Fire stick is crap. Android of windows

By *ayandpCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

"fire tv are better but pricier ,kodi can still be good but is now limited in content and you have to keep up to date by following on twitter usually .Terrarium APK is a good stand alone app ,with solid links to tv and movies"

By *tockingsadmirerMan
over a year ago

Newport

Both work the same, inwoukdnt worry about warranty on a firestick that you can pick up for under £40 like some other person mentioned it's important to have good internet speed (the build i use recommend a min of 6gig for smooth streaming) also helps if router is in same room as tv (I move my stick from room to room and find speeds slow down considerably when I'm connected to my wifi booster plug) feel free to message me if you have any problems installing kodi and a build and I'll help you through it

over a year ago

"Both work the same, inwoukdnt worry about warranty on a firestick that you can pick up for under £40 like some other person mentioned it's important to have good internet speed (the build i use recommend a min of 6gig for smooth streaming) also helps if router is in same room as tv (I move my stick from room to room and find speeds slow down considerably when I'm connected to my wifi booster plug) feel free to message me if you have any problems installing kodi and a build and I'll help you through it "

Thankyou,the issue isn't about putting Kodi on either device, though that's something I will do in time.I just was unsure of differences in both devices,and wether for £40 the fire stick would be a better purchase over a £40 android box

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

"Both work the same, inwoukdnt worry about warranty on a firestick that you can pick up for under £40 like some other person mentioned it's important to have good internet speed (the build i use recommend a min of 6gig for smooth streaming) also helps if router is in same room as tv (I move my stick from room to room and find speeds slow down considerably when I'm connected to my wifi booster plug) feel free to message me if you have any problems installing kodi and a build and I'll help you through it

Thankyou,the issue isn't about putting Kodi on either device, though that's something I will do in time.I just was unsure of differences in both devices,and wether for £40 the fire stick would be a better purchase over a £40 android box"

I think as someone mentioned above. If they have amazon prime the firestick is the better option. If not it doesn't matter too much.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Another vote for terrarium from me as well. The adverts are annoying but apart from that I find it great. I am not sure why that chap said the firestick is crap. Works great for me.

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"Another vote for terrarium from me as well. The adverts are annoying but apart from that I find it great. I am not sure why that chap said the firestick is crap. Works great for me."

I have terrarium on my android box too,works fine but i tend to use show box to watch movies and series. I don't get kodi though. Is it just used for films or can you watch sports as well?

By *lade19752Man
over a year ago

London

Nothing wrong with Firestick apart from wbat ankther guy stated, it does get a bit hot at times but nothing to worry about .

Been with Kodi for a good while but now it's limited than before plus you have to update quite a bit .

For a simplier life for live tv and certain movie channels(which I wont advertise here) you can go for the following apks... Mobdro, Livetv, Uktvnow.

For movies and tv shows you can go for Showbox and Terrarium.

Have Kodi as a back up though you wont need it.

All the above can be put on your firestick and also all found via ONE apk called DROID BUDDY.

over a year ago

I use show box through my phone and chrome cast but cans find a decent sports app any ideas people x

By *lade19752Man
over a year ago

London

The Andriod box MIGHT have a better spped slightly than the firestick but the firestick you can update and control as your own.

To work showbox on the firestick, diwnload a mouse toogle...This can also be found via DROID BUDDY

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Got both with kodi working on both

I've got a T8 android box

If running kodi I don't think much difference

If you have amazon prime maybe go with the firestick"

hope you don't mind, OP, I have a question, I have prime and thinking of getting a firestick but have not got a smart tv. I have a Wii and sky box is it compatible with either of those?

over a year ago

Fire stick for me. Can only watch tv this way as no Ariel signal where I live. Got Now TV too but that's shite!

By *t8880Couple
over a year ago

Staffs

Sorry can’t really help but we find we spend longer looking for something to watch than actually watching anything. We can’t be the only ones!

We did have kodi but have started using Terrarium which seems good

By *laphe1Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield

terrarium pro version from an app called apk time

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"

Amazon only void the warranty if you 'root' the stick. Nothing to do with loading KODI.

"

Not true I'm afraid

By *herealdeal90Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Firestick Is great cos it's compact. Slots into you're hdmi. And no one would bat an eyelid. If you ain't bothered about a box taking space then go for the box. Nvidia Shield is the best box out there. However the Amazon fire tv is also good.

over a year ago

I’ve ended up just getting sky back on

over a year ago

We have a firestick with Kodi, works fine and simple to install.

By *ettyboop61Woman
over a year ago

St Neots

I have a firestick Amazon my mate put Jodie on hers and find stuff through a torrent....seems ok

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

"My only gripe with my android box is I cannot update the firmware which means I cannot upgrade kodi to krypton, which can hinder some of the streams "

Download Fire TV guru then click on its links to Kodi,Showbox,MegaHD & Mobdro. With guru you can have both Kodi 16.1 & Kodi 17.4 Krypton on one device.

over a year ago

Personally if the guy who mention the IPTV can get it for you and the streams are A ok i would definitely get in contact with him as i had it from a guy in liverpool and it was bang on umtil his servers went down then rat shit .Android box always going to be better than firestick as FS runs off WIFI where if you have box you can run either but hard line is the perferred method.

All company,s especially sky are clamping down on Kodi and only time it goes the same way as the original pirates bay went .

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

if go for itpv save money if have a samsung smart tv can get iptv if download the app

Post new Message to Thread