Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Problems

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong on this site? I've been on it for over a year and not had one meet. I'm only ever nice to people when I message them and think my profile is ok. I've been single for ages and am after fun but it seems I get no interest. Am I that unattractive? Is my profile dull or just not engaging the women? Any help much appreciated seeing as I'm a site supporter

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

First answer every time.... Put up a face pic.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Your profile is quite negative.

And the last point in your sales pitch, slags off other members so it's not overly welcoming.

No-one wants a whinger

It's in the FAQ's that no reply means a no thanks.

It's just how it is

over a year ago

If we're doing profile reviews could we maybe give mine a going over as well?

over a year ago

Ok so changed face pics from friends only to public and changed profile text.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Your three pics are all over two and a half years old. You have a typo (duplicated word) in your profile and it is very negative. Women want to see some effort put in before they agree to a meet.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"If we're doing profile reviews could we maybe give mine a going over as well? "

I suggest starting your own post, not hijacking someone else's

over a year ago

"If we're doing profile reviews could we maybe give mine a going over as well?

I suggest starting your own post, not hijacking someone else's "

Sorry. First time forum poster, didn't know the proper etiquette

over a year ago

Ok so I've uploaded some new pics and changed all the ones I had on here to public. Corrected the typo and hopefully that's it. Any tips on messaging people? I normally introduce myself and ask if they fancy chatting or getting to know each other withen a view to a possible meet.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong on this site? I've been on it for over a year and not had one meet. I'm only ever nice to people when I message them and think my profile is ok. I've been single for ages and am after fun but it seems I get no interest. Am I that unattractive? Is my profile dull or just not engaging the women? Any help much appreciated seeing as I'm a site supporter"

Do you read profiles before messaging? Your status is very negative I wouldn't meet you after reading that! Also, does being a site supporter entitle you to meets? I don't think so!

over a year ago

I didn't say being a site supporater entitled me to meets but alot of people only meet site supporters or those that are verified. I've altered my profile somewhat tonight but what else do you suggest?

over a year ago

And yes I view profiles before messaging. I also view profiles before I delete or reply to a message which alot of others don't seem to do lol. Any help with messages etc much appreciated x

over a year ago

I'd loose majority of the cock pics. As for messages. Maybe extract 1 or 2 things from their profile to get engage the conversation. Good luck

over a year ago

Snotty cock pic is yuk but it may appeal to others.

You stating dad bod, to me it suggests a man in his 40s not a young guy like yourself. Others may interpret it different.

Your pics are very honest, well done.

Try and instil some humour in your profile.

Good luck.

over a year ago

Thank you for you're help guys

over a year ago

Btw it might be an idea to state why you cannot accommodate. Right or wrong it's often assumed single men not being able to accommodate are cheating.

over a year ago

What if you're unfortunate enough to still live at home? Lol

over a year ago

"What if you're unfortunate enough to still live at home? Lol"
Maybe Its time to fly the nest you won't be everyones cup of tea and there are a lot of males on here good luck female replying x

over a year ago

Don't you think I've tried by now? Lol several failed relationships and 2 failed engagements and one shit job for 11 years after school haven't given me the finances to move on. It's slowly getting there now but it won't happen just like that

over a year ago

For me, I wouldn't have full on face pics public but state on your profile that you're happy to send one via pm.

You are 1 within a thousand single guys on here so it will take time.

I'd suggest getting social, finding if there's a group munch near you or a fab social gathering?

Get your self out there sweet

over a year ago

"What if you're unfortunate enough to still live at home? Lol"

Why view it like that? Turn it around, you love mum's cooking but happy to dine out. In theory living with parents is cheaper than lodging elsewhere, renting or paying the mortgage. If you have disposable income allowing you the odd night away in a hotel, tell the ladies you can book a room, or share costs.

You mention your body, instead of saying it's not perfect, turn it around, eg it's built for comfort so let's get comfortable together.

over a year ago

you get out what you put in , read blokes veris from couples , that gives you a head start that they meet single blokes

message message message

you'll soon get a meet

By *r. innocentMan
over a year ago

Oswestry

Really good advice in here I must say

over a year ago

Sorry. First time forum poster, didn't know the proper etiquette "

Don't worry, everyone was new once.

Welcome to the forums.

over a year ago

"What if you're unfortunate enough to still live at home? Lol

Why view it like that? Turn it around, you love mum's cooking but happy to dine out. In theory living with parents is cheaper than lodging elsewhere, renting or paying the mortgage. If you have disposable income allowing you the odd night away in a hotel, tell the ladies you can book a room, or share costs.

You mention your body, instead of saying it's not perfect, turn it around, eg it's built for comfort so let's get comfortable together."

Great, honest advice there. Hope OP takes note.

My advice is not to sound desperate but think about clubs and organised socials. Follow up on advertised parties and ask if you would be considered for the quest list.

over a year ago

"First answer every time.... Put up a face pic."

why i dont x

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Sorry. First time forum poster, didn't know the proper etiquette

Don't worry, everyone was new once.

Welcome to the forums. "

Yes welcome to the forums

By *lceeWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Ok, I usually leave posts like this for a day or so before replying to see how well the OP responds to criticism (constructive or otherwise *laughs*)

This is my journey as a single female upon receiving a message from a single male (and bear in mind that it’s only my journey - others may disagree as we’re not all alike):

1) The first line of the message. That’s all I can see in my inbox, in the sea of yellow, unread messages. Is it interesting? Does it make me grin? Does it pique my interest? ‘Hey there, how’s it going? My name’s...’. Yawn. Not going to get anywhere with me. Delete unread. Catches my eye? Then...

2) Click through to the profile (in stealth ninja mode, obviously, so you can’t see I’m looking at you). Note, I’ve not actually read your message yet. I’m doing my due diligence first.

3) First off - pictures. Are they well taken? Is there a preponderence of cock shots? Am I turned off? (I can take ambivalence, but if I’m actively turned off there’s no point) No, yes, yes? Delete unread. Looking good?..

4) The blurb. Grammar and spelling. Done badly, and I’m not going to be attracted to you (harsh but true). Two or three lines? I’m not going to be attracted to you. Doesn’t make me laugh? I’m not going to be attracted to you. Doesn't give me a sense of who you are as a person, your interests and passions? I’m not goi...oh, you get the picture. Delete unread. But if I’ve grinned, and thought ‘well, we’ll have plenty to chat about...I’m curious to know more about this dude’...

5) Veris. Tricky as you’ve been on here a year and don’t even have a cam veri. Get a cam veri. That’s nice and easy and you can wait until your parents are out and get one down. If I’m still liking what I’ve seen or read...

6) The message. Huzzah! You’ve made it through. I read the message. Now if it makes me giggle, shows that we have stuff in common and makes me think, ‘sure, I want to get to know this guy better’, then you’re quids in. I’ll reply. If it doesn’t really say that much or make me want to respond, then I’ll mark it as unread and delete.

This is my journey, so you have to make sure that your profile and message hits every single one of those points. Think about what you want out of this, and tailor your message to that specific audience (can you tell I work in comms).

You’re trying to sell yourself on here, we all are, so figure out your USP, build your brand and sell it. You get out what you put in. Good luck!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

To be honest OP not sure how your profile read before but it still reads very negatively - understand from above posts why you still live at home and that's all good - but the way you've phrased it on your profile casts it in a negative light - put a positive or at least neutral spin on it and say something along the lines of "Am single but unable to accomodate due to family members living at home"

Likewise with the stuff about not being Brad Pitt - it comes across as you having a downer on yourself which is off putting - you don't even need to describe your body in your blurb you have pics for that.

Talking of which I'd lose all but the two most recent pics and maybe the oldest one they do you know favours - cock pics and ones with a toilet in the background don't usually go down well. Look around at other guys pics for ideas of what might work for you - even with an average body it's amazing what you can achieve especially if you get creative with black and white and some simple filters - not that I am suggesting you use them to hide your body but to enhance the pic

Back to your profile blurb, try and get some personality across and talk about what you're looking for and more importantly can offer - it's your shop window if you fill it with enticing things people may want to take a closer look

Good luck

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"Ok, I usually leave posts like this for a day or so before replying to see how well the OP responds to criticism (constructive or otherwise *laughs*)

This is my journey as a single female upon receiving a message from a single male (and bear in mind that it’s only my journey - others may disagree as we’re not all alike):

1) The first line of the message. That’s all I can see in my inbox, in the sea of yellow, unread messages. Is it interesting? Does it make me grin? Does it pique my interest? ‘Hey there, how’s it going? My name’s...’. Yawn. Not going to get anywhere with me. Delete unread. Catches my eye? Then...

2) Click through to the profile (in stealth ninja mode, obviously, so you can’t see I’m looking at you). Note, I’ve not actually read your message yet. I’m doing my due diligence first.

3) First off - pictures. Are they well taken? Is there a preponderence of cock shots? Am I turned off? (I can take ambivalence, but if I’m actively turned off there’s no point) No, yes, yes? Delete unread. Looking good?..

4) The blurb. Grammar and spelling. Done badly, and I’m not going to be attracted to you (harsh but true). Two or three lines? I’m not going to be attracted to you. Doesn’t make me laugh? I’m not going to be attracted to you. Doesn't give me a sense of who you are as a person, your interests and passions? I’m not goi...oh, you get the picture. Delete unread. But if I’ve grinned, and thought ‘well, we’ll have plenty to chat about...I’m curious to know more about this dude’...

5) Veris. Tricky as you’ve been on here a year and don’t even have a cam veri. Get a cam veri. That’s nice and easy and you can wait until your parents are out and get one down. If I’m still liking what I’ve seen or read...

6) The message. Huzzah! You’ve made it through. I read the message. Now if it makes me giggle, shows that we have stuff in common and makes me think, ‘sure, I want to get to know this guy better’, then you’re quids in. I’ll reply. If it doesn’t really say that much or make me want to respond, then I’ll mark it as unread and delete.

This is my journey, so you have to make sure that your profile and message hits every single one of those points. Think about what you want out of this, and tailor your message to that specific audience (can you tell I work in comms).

You’re trying to sell yourself on here, we all are, so figure out your USP, build your brand and sell it. You get out what you put in. Good luck! "

Great post but I would have stuck with your original plan!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Ok, I usually leave posts like this for a day or so before replying to see how well the OP responds to criticism (constructive or otherwise *laughs*)

**Edited out to save space**

You’re trying to sell yourself on here, we all are, so figure out your USP, build your brand and sell it. You get out what you put in. Good luck! "

Sheesh Elcee...you could have told me you were going to post such an eloquent bang on the nail post while I was composing my bumble - would have saved me a whole heap of time!!

Post new Message to Thread