Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Makeup Tips

Jump to newest

By *J Gemini OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

Hi all,

I want to start to use makeup and wondered if any ladies have any tips to get me started.

I have no idea as to what is good and what is bad.

Thanks

JJ

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *londie8399Couple
over a year ago

blackpool

"Hi all,

I want to start to use makeup and wondered if any ladies have any tips to get me started.

Thanks

Try watching u tube tutorials hope this helps

JJ"

By *J Gemini OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

Thanks, I will

xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Finding your correct skin tone is most important!

I literally use just a foundation applied with a damp make up sponge...better for blending. Because the sponge is wet there's less chance of the foundation to be too thick.

In boots they do a Rimmel highlighter, contour sculpter and blush in one. By Kate Moss.

Get a decent brush for this.

Try NYX for the other bits. Eyeshadows and lippy. Reasonable prices.

Mascara would be Maybelline. Their foundation is good too! Poreless one.

By *J Gemini OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

"Finding your correct skin tone is most important!

I literally use just a foundation applied with a damp make up sponge...better for blending. Because the sponge is wet there's less chance of the foundation to be too thick.

In boots they do a Rimmel highlighter, contour sculpter and blush in one. By Kate Moss.

Get a decent brush for this.

Try NYX for the other bits. Eyeshadows and lippy. Reasonable prices.

Mascara would be Maybelline. Their foundation is good too! Poreless one. "

Thanks, really interesting, I'll have a look and experiment.

I have quite a 'blue face' as it were even when I have shaved so I guess foundation is important!

Thanks again

JJ

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I shall send this thread link to a gorgeous trans friend of mine who always looks amazing - hopefully she can help x

By *J Gemini OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

"I shall send this thread link to a gorgeous trans friend of mine who always looks amazing - hopefully she can help x"

Thank you, that would be amazing

Xx

over a year ago

"Hi all,

Thanks

JJ"

Getting the base right is a must in my opinion but what's best depends on your skin type and tone. If you feel comfortable go to a boots makeup counter or any department store for help with that as they will be able to tell you what's right for you & don't feel bad for not buying what they recommend as you have to remember they're also sales girls.

By *J Gemini OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

"Hi all,

Thanks

JJ

Getting the base right is a must in my opinion but what's best depends on your skin type and tone. If you feel comfortable go to a boots makeup counter or any department store for help with that as they will be able to tell you what's right for you & don't feel bad for not buying what they recommend as you have to remember they're also sales girls. "

Thanks for the advice, I think I do need to start with foundation but I am not sure I could go to Boots and speak to them!

I will try a couple of different foundations and see what looks right.

Thanks again

XX

over a year ago

"I shall send this thread link to a gorgeous trans friend of mine who always looks amazing - hopefully she can help x"

Ahem.

By *J Gemini OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

"I shall send this thread link to a gorgeous trans friend of mine who always looks amazing - hopefully she can help x

Ahem.

"

Hi, Hanky_Panky thought you might be able to help me with regards makeup so she kindly messaged you on my behalf, so thanks for taking a look.

Not sure where to start with makeup but foundation seems to be the first stage.

If its OK can I message you?

XX

over a year ago

Go onto instagram, you can find a lot of useful tips on instagram

over a year ago

Ok so this is my routine.

Shaving (hopefully not much longer as I'm now having laser removal).

Anyhow; shaving. I shave in the shower with a Mach3. Im warm so my pores are open. Exfoliate first to get everything stood up and poking through. Then shave in all dierections, repeating the strokes. Have your skin taut at firsts then move so it's not.

After I pat dry. Never rub and moisturise twice a day.

I use a primer to smooth things then move to my eyes.

I use a compact type of foundation to even everything out around my eyes. I use the same over my forehead and cheeks.

Experiment with your eye shadow having watched some utube tips.

Eye liner I only do the top usually. In as close to my lash as I can. I pull my eye from the outer corner to straighten it and relax my eye so it doesn't flutter. I use a gel liner with a tiny brush. Put some on your hand and put the top back on to keep it longer.

Mascara tip is not to pump the brush in and out of it. It serves no purpose except to dry it out.

Back to your beard now. I have an orange lippy and draw stripes all over it. Blend in with a damp makeup sponge and admire your clown look

Next I apply a translucent powder liberally over the orange to dry it.

Back up to my eyebrows. I pluck them and keep plucking every day when I see anything growing back.

I use a wax and a colour with a brush. They're a pair sold for eyebrows. Ithe brush is thin, short and wide, of that makes sense? Like a blade. I get wax on it then the colour and draw a thin line to give my brow definition.

Back to your beard; dust off the powder with a big brush.

Now apply a total coverage foundation with a slightly damp makeup sponge. Dabs on or wipe with the grain of your beard. So it doesn't snag.

Let it dry a little ( I use a pretty fan and waft). Then apply powder to set it. I use a shade lighter than the foundation so I can contour a bit too (don't worry about contouring yet)

Now I suck my cheeks in and use a brown blush under my cheek bones. I use a brush to dab a little pink blush on top of the bone and then blend.

Finally I use a superstay24 lippy. The one in the double ended tube with a lip gloss in the other end.

Twenty mins now. From primer to tucking my junk, squeezing my chest and popping on a frock

Used to be two hours!

By *J Gemini OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

"Go onto instagram, you can find a lot of useful tips on instagram "

Thanks, Ill take a look,

xx

over a year ago

"I shall send this thread link to a gorgeous trans friend of mine who always looks amazing - hopefully she can help x

Ahem.

Hi, Hanky_Panky thought you might be able to help me with regards makeup so she kindly messaged you on my behalf, so thanks for taking a look.

Not sure where to start with makeup but foundation seems to be the first stage.

If its OK can I message you?

XX"

By all means. I was typing that lot though

By *J Gemini OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

"Ok so this is my routine.

Anyhow; shaving. I shave in the shower with a Mach3. Im warm so my pores are open. Exfoliate first to get everything stood up and poking through. Then shave in all dierections, repeating the strokes. Have your skin taut at firsts then move so it's not.

I use a compact type of foundation to even everything out around my eyes. I use the same over my forehead and cheeks.

Eye liner I only do the top usually. In as close to my lash as I can. I pull my eye from the outer corner to straighten it and relax my eye so it doesn't flutter. I use a gel liner with a tiny brush. Put some on your hand and put the top back on to keep it longer.

Mascara tip is not to pump the brush in and out of it. It serves no purpose except to dry it out.

Back to your beard now. I have an orange lippy and draw stripes all over it. Blend in with a damp makeup sponge and admire your clown look

Back up to my eyebrows. I pluck them and keep plucking every day when I see anything growing back.

I use a wax and a colour with a brush. They're a pair sold for eyebrows. Ithe brush is thin, short and wide, of that makes sense? Like a blade. I get wax on it then the colour and draw a thin line to give my brow definition.

Now apply a total coverage foundation with a slightly damp makeup sponge. Dabs on or wipe with the grain of your beard. So it doesn't snag.

Let it dry a little ( I use a pretty fan and waft). Then apply powder to set it. I use a shade lighter than the foundation so I can contour a bit too (don't worry about contouring yet)

Now I suck my cheeks in and use a brown blush under my cheek bones. I use a brush to dab a little pink blush on top of the bone and then blend.

Finally I use a superstay24 lippy. The one in the double ended tube with a lip gloss in the other end.

Twenty mins now. From primer to tucking my junk, squeezing my chest and popping on a frock

Used to be two hours! "

Wow, no wonder you look so good!

Thanks for the tips, I had no idea

Clearly I have a long way to go but small steps will get me there.

You have given me a good plan to work to. so thanks for the advice.

XX

over a year ago

Top tip is the orange to kill the blue. It's opposite in the colour wheel so they cancel each other out.

It's not perfect but pretty effective. Makeup is translucent so flash photography pulls the beard out even if you cam stick over it.

over a year ago

Go into boots and ask for a make up tutorial and they will pamper you give you a make over hints and tips and match your skin colour x

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"Ok so this is my routine.....

Used to be two hours! "

Very impressive

over a year ago

"Ok so this is my routine.....

Used to be two hours!

Very impressive "

Slap the slap. Tuck, squeeze, frock n go.

It's all time and motion

By *ippa 63TV/TS
over a year ago

Billinge

I plucked up courage and went to boots. The lady was really good about who i was and what i wanted. She did the no 7 skin test. No 7 make up not cheap. But it lasts and looks ok. Well i thinks so. You need to start with a primer.

over a year ago

I went for a makeover, a treat from a friend.

The guy who did it was a drag artist and so knew lots of tricks that beauty counters may not know.

I set my makeup with a setting spray after. I spritz my face and fan it dry. Forgot to mention that bit.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I use Elizabeth Arden moose foundation, it is really light on the skin and easy to blend in with your fingers

By *ustOneNightCouple
over a year ago

Blackpool

Knew you'd come through, Rachael.

There are lots of male, trans, and drag make up artists on YouTube who will have good tips specifically for a male face (with the extra facial hair challenges etc).

Some names for you to search:

- Manny MUA (I'd say he's one of the most popular)

-James Charles (he was named the first male ambassador for CoverGirl last year)

- Patrick Starr

- And of course, Jeffree Star

There's a Buzzfeed article with more. Can't link here, but if you search "16 Men Who Dominated Makeup In 2016" you'll find it.

Good luck OP!

By *aughty-MittsCouple
over a year ago

Newport

Getting the tone right is the most important once you have found the right foundation for you the rest will follow. Also practice makes perfect. Have a look on you tube there's so many make up tutorials on there. Xx

By *rixieswTV/TS
over a year ago

S.Westerly

If I can be cheeky and ask for the same link to your friend? ??

over a year ago

If I can be cheeky and ask for the same link to your friend? ??"

She meant me some some crazy reason. (If only she'd wear her glasses more often).

I've posted my routine further up. Xx

By *J Gemini OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

Thanks for the advice everyone lots to think about and lots to try.

Have fun and play safe

Xx

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Ahem.

"

Loves ya

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Top tip is the orange to kill the blue. It's opposite in the colour wheel so they cancel each other out.

It's not perfect but pretty effective. Makeup is translucent so flash photography pulls the beard out even if you cam stick over it. "

This is just another reason I think you completely immense - you are so kind and helpful (how you and I got chatting after all) xx

over a year ago

"Top tip is the orange to kill the blue. It's opposite in the colour wheel so they cancel each other out.

It's not perfect but pretty effective. Makeup is translucent so flash photography pulls the beard out even if you cam stick over it.

This is just another reason I think you completely immense - you are so kind and helpful (how you and I got chatting after all) xx"

Ssshhhh.

By *R and BlondieCouple
over a year ago

Bebington, wirral

Used to be two hours! "

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Used to be two hours! "

Blimey, I'm glad I'm not a woman

Oh wait

over a year ago

Used to be two hours!

Blimey, I'm glad I'm not a woman

Oh wait "

You start a long edge ahead of me.

Try tucking you'd junk away so it doesn't show in the things I wear..... then dance all night.

Have you ever slept with your ear folded over?

By *opular PoppyCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Hi all,

Thanks

Just watch all the videos of "makeup geek" on YouTube... A few every evening. You need time to practise and find a look which suits you best... The foundational knowledge is important... I found my look and no one revealed it to me although plenty of input was offered. It's like learning to paint or draw... No different

JJ"

By *eather_Loves_SexWoman
over a year ago

Halfway Between London and Brighton

I would be happy to help, though Racheal given some fab advice! (I'm a makeup artist)

The orange tip is great, I use orange or peach under people's eyes to counteract the blue - You can get orange concealer by cover girl on Amazon or eve pearl do salmon one, Bobbi brown peach - orange / peach colour corrector may sit better than lipstick.

Get yourself a few brushes - real techniques do good ones and they are often on offer!! Lastly best of luck to you xx

over a year ago

"I would be happy to help, though Racheal given some fab advice! (I'm a makeup artist)

The orange tip is great, I use orange or peach under people's eyes to counteract the blue - You can get orange concealer by cover girl on Amazon or eve pearl do salmon one, Bobbi brown peach - orange / peach colour corrector may sit better than lipstick.

Get yourself a few brushes - real techniques do good ones and they are often on offer!! Lastly best of luck to you xx "

Thank you. Great to hear I'm not making a hash of it

over a year ago

makeup,,does,nt that require a face

over a year ago

"makeup,,does,nt that require a face "

Once she's got it in I'm sure she'll be happy to show her face.

over a year ago

"makeup,,does,nt that require a face

Once she's got it in I'm sure she'll be happy to show her face. "

ah that explains why most folk don't show their face on here

over a year ago

"

No. That's because everyone is a 'professional' on here

By *opular PoppyCouple
over a year ago

Herts

No. That's because everyone is a 'professional' on here "

Well don't most people email a couple of face pics?

over a year ago

Well don't most people email a couple of face pics? "

Depends on how professional they are..... and if they've done a good job of their makeup.

By *eather_Loves_SexWoman
over a year ago

Halfway Between London and Brighton

Depends on how professional they are..... and if they've done a good job of their makeup. "

I'll happily pm face pics to anyone that wants them x

over a year ago

Depends on how professional they are..... and if they've done a good job of their makeup.

I'll happily pm face pics to anyone that wants them x "

We're just messing around. Xxx

Post new Message to Thread