Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

New to this, would appreciate some advice and profile review

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi Everyone,

I know this sounds like an awful post to make but I would really appreciate a profile review. Some people I have messaged and not replied or deleted and I understand and respect that, just don't always want that to be happening.

Many thanks,

T

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *evonshireboyMan
over a year ago

North Devon

Get used to it.

99.9% of the messages you send out won't get a response.

over a year ago

"Get used to it.

99.9% of the messages you send out won't get a response.

"

Thanks, such a shame though. I understand though.

By *weeSeekoeieCouple
over a year ago

Richmond

I glanced at your profile but kept getting distracted by your profile picture.

I mean this in a lighthearted way, not to sound mean! but the shadows on your pic make it look like an alien is trying to escape through your belly button.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

To be honest OP it's not bad - couple of points though:

I'd remove the "if I ever get round to it" line about your fitness, suggests you aren't currently fit and haven't been bothered to do anything about it.

You also seem to emphasise the fact you're short a little too strongly, so it almost comes across as negative. It's probably a good idea to mention it, but try to do it in a positive way.

You've listed as straight but the suggestion is that you might be curious about your bi side. If that's the case then state bi curious and make it clear in your blurb. If it's not the case then remove the stuff about guys completely apart from maybe a line confirming you're not interested in guys.

You really need to emphasise the positives too.

Cock pics don't always go down well so consider moving that to friends only or private and replace with some more body shots.

Finally being on the Channel Islands I suspect may further limit your opportunities so don't get too disheartened by unread/deleted messages.

Good luck

over a year ago

"To be honest OP it's not bad - couple of points though:

I'd remove the "if I ever get round to it" line about your fitness, suggests you aren't currently fit and haven't been bothered to do anything about it.

You also seem to emphasise the fact you're short a little too strongly, so it almost comes across as negative. It's probably a good idea to mention it, but try to do it in a positive way.

You've listed as straight but the suggestion is that you might be curious about your bi side. If that's the case then state bi curious and make it clear in your blurb. If it's not the case then remove the stuff about guys completely apart from maybe a line confirming you're not interested in guys.

You really need to emphasise the positives too.

Cock pics don't always go down well so consider moving that to friends only or private and replace with some more body shots.

Finally being on the Channel Islands I suspect may further limit your opportunities so don't get too disheartened by unread/deleted messages.

Good luck "

Thank you very much, really appreciated. I do tend to dwell on the negatives a lot so will try and change this tomorrow!

over a year ago

So I've updated my profile, I feel it's a bit too long. Have messaged some people already but mostly I don't get replies which I can understand, it's just a little frustrating

Any more tips and advice, would be much appreciated!

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

Hi. Good profile....perhaps a little long. You do state you are hoping to " explore" when talking about other men. So if you are bi curious, put it in the profile.

Your list of requirements is a little unnecessary I would say.

Asking people to put something in the headline of their reply is something ladies do, to help decide which mail to read as we get 30 - 50 messages a day. It seems a bit daft for a bloke to be putting that....but that's just my opinion.

A few more pics in your profile would help too. Maybe you at a distance....so people can see your body shape...can be dressed. A torso shot without shadow, just a variety of different photos is good.

Hope that helps. You state you come back to the UK....why not state you regularly visit London or Manchester or wherever.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I think it's a little long. It is a balance between no profile and too long, so well done, but maybe condense it a bit. Definitely more pics and not sure about your status But good luck on here

over a year ago

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, I have cut my profile down a bit.. But I do not have this in anywhere that I am interested in Men when I am not, unless I'm missing something that I've setup wrongly?

How can I change this to women only?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can I suggest getting rid of the list of No this, No that. It looks like a rule book.

By *rovocPairCouple
over a year ago

Yorkshire

'Make sure you satisfy my requirements' I find off putting. The cold hard truth for most single men on here is that you will the one satisfying the ladies requirements, not the other way around- it makes you come across as a selfish lover. Your profile is long and I agree with a PP that it does read like a rule book- your long list of no this, no that.

over a year ago

"'Make sure you satisfy my requirements' I find off putting. The cold hard truth for most single men on here is that you will the one satisfying the ladies requirements, not the other way around- it makes you come across as a selfish lover. Your profile is long and I agree with a PP that it does read like a rule book- your long list of no this, no that.

"

Totally agree with this. Also, only one photo & no veri's would be offputting alongside this. Definitely get a handful more photos on & next time you're on the mainland, get to a club & get a veri if you play while you're there

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Op you really do need to work on your profile. Your location, age and height are against you plus the fact you can't accommodate so you will really need to make your profile good to attract the ladies.

A long list of rules on a single mans profile is never going to get you anywhere. It just comes across as incredibly negative. You don't say anywhere what you will do or what you find attractive in a potential meet.

Try wording things differently and put more emphasis on what you do want instead of what you don't. Also consider putting on your profile why you can't accommodate. Rightly or wrongly, most people assume you are in a relationship and cheating on your partner when you can't accommodate.

over a year ago

Patience is the key lol

By *llNatural36FWoman
over a year ago

Denbighshire

No offence Op but your hardly in a position to be demanding which is how your profile reads. Change the list and try avoid the demands, teasing pics and positive profiles get you far on here.

My profile comes across a bit blunt but I'm lucky enough to be the minority or I'd be struggling incase you think double standards

over a year ago

Obviously didn't appreciate the advice.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Patience is the key lol"

He ran out of patience, mate

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Patience is the key lol

He ran out of patience, mate "

What? Unlos already?!

over a year ago

"Patience is the key lol

What? Unlos already?!"

sone people got no staying power lol

over a year ago

Haha if he only lasts that long I think I've realised the problem

over a year ago

"Patience is the key lol

What? Unlos already?!sone people got no staying power lol"

Yes, his patience ran out very quick there lol.

Post new Message to Thread