Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

What to do with Winks?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How does one reply to a wink? What are people saying with a wink?

I had a couple of winks recently and decided to send email replies. They were polite and funny (I thought) but got no response.

Should I have just winked back or sent a friend request? Do people expect filthy talk back?

Or is swing etiquette just complicated?

Adam

x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think they are saying that they are too lazy to bother sending a proper message.

How to answer them ??

I delete them

over a year ago

Or... they could be shy and you could just send a

''Hello... Thank you for the wink, if I really interest you maybe we could chat more??''

Can't hurt eh...

over a year ago

Actually, that's not such a bad suggestion. Simple and honest.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I treat winks as a oooh you look nice,I don't read anything more into them

Some people really really hate them and I think Ive said before that they treat them as if you have sent a pile of steaming dog poo into their inbox lol

I just think they're fun xx

Now friends invites without a message is a pet hate of mine

over a year ago

We dont realy like winks either, they are simply that though, a wink,... we would rather a message, but when we get a wink, we will wink back, its a simple thing to do, and it puts the ball into their court again if they are interested

S&A

over a year ago

I think of them a bit like pokes on facebook, a bit of a fun but mostly nothingness...

Am curious to know if anyone has met anyone where the initial contact was a wink? I'm betting there are very few...

By *hristalCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Well if you are interested enough to wink surely its worth the effort of a message.

I always reply to a message and a wink i read as someone that cant really be bothered.

Christalx

over a year ago

A lovely woman winked at me the other day and I took notts2for2's good advice and emailed back.

Now she wants to meet. Which is great. Perhaps, with the ratio of men to women, it's more of a woman's prerogative to contact you how they like. I find it quite flattering.

By *hristalCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

I personally would rather have contact from a man than can be bothered to write a good message and make the effort.

As i said i always reply even if its a no!.

I think it also shows the type of person you are getting contact from as well.

Glad it worked for you hun.

Christalx

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Someone said and I agree that a wink can be seen as the same as a smile across a bar...you're under no obligation to respond or even look at who has winked,it just shows an interest,if you wanted to wink back it may encourage someone to take the time to write a nice message...who knows?

I really don't think that it has anything to do with a "type" x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I think they are saying that they are too lazy to bother sending a proper message.

How to answer them ??

I delete them"

same here

By *hristalCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Yes hun you read me right!

Christalx

over a year ago

"A lovely woman winked at me the other day and I took notts2for2's good advice and emailed back.

Now she wants to meet. Which is great. Perhaps, with the ratio of men to women, it's more of a woman's prerogative to contact you how they like. I find it quite flattering.

"

Well... as said.. sometimes people are just a tad shy or nervous about making the first move... we get a few and those we like and find compatable we say hi etc... Better than never finding out lol...

over a year ago

"Someone said and I agree that a wink can be seen as the same as a smile across a bar...you're under no obligation to respond or even look at who has winked,it just shows an interest,if you wanted to wink back it may encourage someone to take the time to write a nice message...who knows?

"

Thats how we see them. Its we like your profile take a look at ours and if you are interested wink back and we will take it from there

over a year ago

mmmm avenue.....im still waiting

xxx

over a year ago

"Someone said and I agree that a wink can be seen as the same as a smile across a bar...you're under no obligation to respond or even look at who has winked,it just shows an interest,if you wanted to wink back it may encourage someone to take the time to write a nice message...who knows?

Thats how we see them. Its we like your profile take a look at ours and if you are interested wink back and we will take it from there"

So why not just write to that person and say, "I like your profile"

This wink thing is a bit like being in the Free Masons - secret nods, winks and handshakes - for heavans sake if you like the look of a profile just say so and be done with it ...

over a year ago

Thats how we see them. Its we like your profile take a look at ours and if you are interested wink back and we will take it from there"

So why not just write to that person and say, "I like your profile"

This wink thing is a bit like being in the Free Masons - secret nods, winks and handshakes - for heavans sake if you like the look of a profile just say so and be done with it ...

over a year ago

In fact why not say it twice - I did (didn't mean to)

over a year ago

"Or... they could be shy and you could just send a

''Hello... Thank you for the wink, if I really interest you maybe we could chat more??''

Can't hurt eh...

"

exactly what we do

over a year ago

Your obviously as nice as us then lol....

over a year ago

"mmmm avenue.....im still waiting

xxx"

Surely you're not waiting for a wink? I thought you'd much prefer a man taking the time to write and tell you how much he desires you.

You desirable thang xxx

over a year ago

We do not respond to winks, if people are really interested in us they would send us a nice mail to introduce themselves, too many people just send winks in abundance using the "quantity v quality" option.

It's a bit like junk mail to us, send enough of them and you should get at least one response.

We do reply to EVERY mail we get.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Jed what you have just said has made me realise why winks don't bother me...I try to reply to every mail we receive or else I feel a bit guilty whereas I don't have to do anything with winks at all x

over a year ago

Makes us giggle this lol....

Seriously just this evening we recieve a wink from a newish couple not too far away... We mail back, we say hello etc.. They like what they see and send us face pics back.. along with we are a tad shy but keen message.. Great so far eh..

Now the girls are chatting like old friends on the phone... Arranging a drink soon..

Whats wrong with winks again lol????

over a year ago

"mmmm avenue.....im still waiting

xxx

Surely you're not waiting for a wink? I thought you'd much prefer a man taking the time to write and tell you how much he desires you.

You desirable thang xxx"

ohhhh nooo just wink and i'l send u my address

xxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

thats how easy it can be lol

xx

By *et_n_WildCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

I hate winks 9 times out of 10 I have a look at their profile and it's far from compatible to ours or it says "lets have fun peeps".

I find they come from lazy people with poor profiles.

over a year ago

Err..... Had to lol... just had to sorry xx

By *dventurous PhotographerMan
over a year ago

Central Beds

Tend not to get many, those I do get don't seem to be very appropiate.

over a year ago

A wink is nothing else but a wink, and to me that means that there is something in my profile that takes to their liking. I then chk out their profile and if i dont like what i see, or they are on the other side of the country, I respond with thanks for wink via a msg. If i do like what I see i thank them for the wink and then comment on their profile. if all goes well we start communicating and ......

When I come across a profile, that I like and I see those dreaded words "NO SINGLE MEN" I sometimes send them a wink. This is only done with the hope that they would at least chk out my profile and I' d be hoping that they like something contained within.

Post new Message to Thread