Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Have I made the right choice??

Jump to newest

By *ench OP   Woman
over a year ago

wirral

I've had a pretty bad week or so and am admittedly run down - so much so, I woke up this morning with a small cold sore on my lip.

I was meant to be playing this evening, but thought it wise not to due to the cold sore and the fact it could be transmitted to the other parties.

It's only the second or third time I've ever had one in my life!!

My question is this - was I right to call off the evenings activities because I feel really guilty about it!! I don't want the couple to think I am messing them about - I am just concerned for their (and my own) sexual health & safety.

Thanks in anticipation of your responses,

Wench

xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yea, its catching init?

and i may be wrong but if u catch it 'downstairs' it can turn into a diffrent kinda of herps???? i think may be wrong tho lol

over a year ago

At the end of the day, if the other couple think you are messing them about, that's totally up to them, your health any everyone elses health has to be top of the decision making tree.

I'm sure they'll understand, but if they don't, they probably wern't worth the bother in the 1st place

over a year ago

Top call Wench!! Shows you are responsible and you get huge respect for that, if they think you are messing about feck em!!

One gold star and a special pink tiara on there way xxxx

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

And a big thumbs up from me.

You did exactly the right thing!

By *ench OP   Woman
over a year ago

wirral

Thank You all!! I never doubted my decision. I've been removed from their friends list now so I am guessing that is their way of showing their annoyance.

My conscience is clear - as are my bits!

*a special pink tiara...for little old me....I don't know what to say.....Oh Thank You - I shall treasure it*

over a year ago

You did the right thing, it was the responcible thing to do,.. did you try and re-arrange your meeting?, we usualy try to do that to show the other party that its not simply a mess about, and that you are keen to meet

doesnt always work sadly.

....and sorry to hear that you are feeling down,..stay in here a bit longer, I am sure we can generate a few laughs...lol

S&A

over a year ago

LOL they removed you from friends!! Thats a bit pathetic really. Talk about spitting the dummy lol

Give em a thumbs down....twice

over a year ago

Agrees with all the above !

We had a meet arranged for today at 4pm, unfortunately Michelle developed a slight cold on Friday morning, which has now become nasty.

We cancelled the arrangements Saturday morning when it became clear that things were not improving.

We are certain that she rarely finds people cancelling on her as she has a great fun attitude and is stunning (yep just a little creeping lol)

Everything seemed fine, but who knows in this strange world of swing. We are certainly not going to trouble ourselves with second guessing, others opinions and attitudes and nor should you. Lets not forget that you (and us - sob) have missed out on a possible great evening too!!

over a year ago

bravo _ench..

at the end of the day,you should have built some kind of mutual trust with the friends that you cancelled with,surely they would understand,although no doubt slightly dissapointed..your being genuine and honest will outshine the cancelltion.

you did the right thing x

over a year ago

Defo did the right thing.... As someone stated if they don't understand, then clearly not worth the worry anyway. We all get cancelled at times.. and cancel It happens lol.. Life and health come first eh...

Don't feel bad... you did them and now yourself a favour xx

By *ench OP   Woman
over a year ago

wirral

Thank You all so much!! I am glad that I made the decision I did, even though I'm now left horny ha ha.

Never mind - I have others I can call on ;o)

Once again, thank you all for your messages. xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I think you did a very wise and sensible thing. If the couple think you have messed them about because of this then so be it, there are far more that would applaud you. I would do exactly the same thing myselfxxkarenx

By *et_n_WildCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

Yes you did the right thing... I think it shows how respectful of others you are.

By *nffCouple
over a year ago

derby

so glad someone else brought this up. i suffer from the same whenever i get stressed and run down and i would never meet up with anyone even hubbys banned from coming near me lol. we were due to go to a party on sat but won't be playing if we go at all. its all about respect for other people i think.

over a year ago

yea hun i think it was right 2 cancel..theres always another time 2 play an if ppl dont like it well its there lose xx

over a year ago

We both get them and have cancelled on several occasions in the past. Our regular friends are totally onside about it even though it has ruined more than one weekends fun

Not sure what others do but we use Zovirax the instant we feel one coming on, a little dab every 15 or 20 minutes and invariably that stops the very worst of it.

Because I am a bit braver than Mrs Two2 if I get any blisters start to erupt on my lip I take a needle and burst them, using a tissue to squeeze out any pus, then rub in more Zovirax.

Sorry if that is a bit graphic but thats what works for us.

Post new Message to Thread