Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Injunction against ex.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Today im in court trying to get an injunction against and abusive ex,

Not sure what to expect and having abit of a panick!

I know i can ask my barrister lotts of questions but just wonderd if anyone on here had gone through it and could give me some reassuring words....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

You are right near the finish line with the situation. Just focus that it being brought to a close and you can move on . Keep the faith and Iwish you all the very best for today.hugs x

By *rlicker123Man
over a year ago

gillingham kent

just looked at your profile and all I can say is wow with a body like yours and them boobs your ex must be mad .very best of luck in court .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

if you have proof he was abusive /harassment etc the courts take this seriously and will grant the injuction.

over a year ago

"You are right near the finish line with the situation. Just focus that it being brought to a close and you can move on . Keep the faith and Iwish you all the very best for today.hugs x"

Thankyou hun, just want it all over with now xx

By *albec26Man
over a year ago

Great Yarmouth

Agree with the first posting..you are nearly there just think today is the end of that journey. Our thoughts are with you and good luck xx

By *ustMe06Woman
over a year ago

...the naughty spot.

My friend got a non-molestation order which is different I know, but it totally worked. It will be fine. Your barrister will guide you through it. Keep your chin up. X

over a year ago

Wishing you all the luck in the world, sending hugs. Xxxx

over a year ago

Depends on your ex really, whether he will leave you alone or not after being told to. I know that if he tries to contact you after being told not to then the police will take it seriously.

over a year ago

"Today im in court trying to get an injunction against and abusive ex,

I know i can ask my barrister lotts of questions but just wonderd if anyone on here had gone through it and could give me some reassuring words...."

keep positive, I was in your shoes until 20 months ago, best advice I can give is keep a diary, my ex ignored the injuction, accused me of contacting him, got his friends to harass me, and even got a chance of hitting me again, but the diary I'd kept convinced the judge he has issues, he's had a few weeks locked up and I've been bruise free for 18 months, that bastard has finally given up all contact and I'm in a much better happier place, it's your life don't live it in fear x

over a year ago

I know i can ask my barrister lotts of questions but just wonderd if anyone on here had gone through it and could give me some reassuring words....keep positive, I was in your shoes until 20 months ago, best advice I can give is keep a diary, my ex ignored the injuction, accused me of contacting him, got his friends to harass me, and even got a chance of hitting me again, but the diary I'd kept convinced the judge he has issues, he's had a few weeks locked up and I've been bruise free for 18 months, that bastard has finally given up all contact and I'm in a much better happier place, it's your life don't live it in fear x "

Im hoping he will leave me alone when hes got the letter and been told he cant contact me. Im also 6 nearly 7 months pregnant with his baby so its making it all harder due to baba, just cant wait for today to be over with and hopefully hel get the message and leave me alone. Thanks for the keeping a diary idea-will deffinatly start one if he does get in touch, iv changed my number and work all over sheffield so he cant come to my work and im living with my parents so he shouldnt be able to get to me. Hope your doing good now hunny xx

over a year ago

If this is your first time and your ex isn't present, they will normally set another date so your ex can attend too.

They will give you the injunction today too if they feel you merit one.

Hope it goes OK for you xxx

By *aturasqCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

You will be fine - you are open and honest - nerves are a good thing because that means adrenaline is pumping round the body keeping you alert - by the way you are a very brave and special person - anyone who has your love is a very lucky person x

over a year ago

Has a non molestation order been issued?

By *ustMe06Woman
over a year ago

...the naughty spot.

Let us know how you get on. Xx

By *aturasqCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"Has a non molestation order been issued? "

I think that's what today is about - shouldn't be a problem

over a year ago

Hi. I've been through all of this the past two years, and ended up having to go to a women's refuge with my kids for three months and then move areas completely it's been the hardest time of my life BUT I'm now the happiest ive ever been. Freedom is a wonderful thing after years of abuse. Women's Aid are brilliant and can organise someone to support you through the legal and emotional process....which can go on for longer than the abuse itself.

If you need any advice at all, or just someone to sound off to send me a PM. Best of luck today xxx

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Deep breath.

Cup of coffee.

The worst is over....just the final step now.

Good luck

over a year ago

Good on you for having the strength to do this. You've come this far and should be proud of yourself. You can do this lady

Good luck

Kinky

over a year ago

All I can say is that your ex is a coward for hitting you and deserves stringing up by his nuts, good luck today.

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Very best of luck today, keep calm and well done for getting away from it. Hope all goes well and go easy on yourself.

Best wishes x

By *aturasqCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"Hi. I've been through all of this the past two years, and ended up having to go to a women's refuge with my kids for three months and then move areas completely it's been the hardest time of my life BUT I'm now the happiest ive ever been. Freedom is a wonderful thing after years of abuse. Women's Aid are brilliant and can organise someone to support you through the legal and emotional process....which can go on for longer than the abuse itself.

If you need any advice at all, or just someone to sound off to send me a PM. Best of luck today xxx"

Another brave lady - humbled by this post x

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"Very best of luck today, keep calm and well done for getting away from it. Hope all goes well and go easy on yourself.

Best wishes x"

I would be hiding my profile in case he use's it against you..

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I wish you all the very best for today and the future too.

Can I also ask as you have been on here for some time - is he on here too? x

over a year ago

Best of luck used to be a lawyer and deal with these.

Make sure you set out your plans re your child with your solicitor- order might want to specify that he can contact you through a solicitor to avoid this needing to be varied later.

Speak to women's aid if you haven't already they are very good and can point you to counselling etc.

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Just a little bit of info for anyone who has ever experienced any kind of domestic abuse.

There is a great website out there that has masses of information and also forums to chat and get support from others who have also experienced it.

hidden hurt dot co dot uk

I also recommend reading "Why does he do that?" written by Lundy Bancroft and "Jerk radar" written by Steve McCrea.

The first book gets into the mind of the abuser and the second helps you to spot early signs/red flags to avoid them.

Knowledge is power

over a year ago

"Just a little bit of info for anyone who has ever experienced any kind of domestic abuse.

There is a great website out there that has masses of information and also forums to chat and get support from others who have also experienced it.

hidden hurt dot co dot uk

I also recommend reading "Why does he do that?" written by Lundy Bancroft and "Jerk radar" written by Steve McCrea.

The first book gets into the mind of the abuser and the second helps you to spot early signs/red flags to avoid them.

Knowledge is power

"

over a year ago

I know i can ask my barrister lotts of questions but just wonderd if anyone on here had gone through it and could give me some reassuring words...."

I went to court to get a non molestation order put in place against my ex...on the same day, in the same court but in a different courtroom he was being sentenced for drink driving offences, and as it turned out I didn't see him again for four and a half months anyway...the papers for the order were served on him as he was led out of the courthouse! they basically said that he couldn't come anywhere near the house for 1 year and if he did he would be straight back in court...my solicitor arranged it all and spoke on my behalf, all I did was turn up...hope you get it sorted OP...it was the best thing I ever did

By *inzi LTV/TS
over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

Good luck ST, I hope things get better for you...

Don't forget the celebratory drink after.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Wish u d best of luck u don't need to put up with an animal annoying u .

over a year ago

Thankyou for all the comments and advice!

TheJudge has agreed to it and its now in place for a year, however-i have to go back on Monday where he will have the chnace to give his side. I didnt think he would have the chance or oppotunity to contest it, but im now worried as to what will happen monday, and if he could make the judge believe him over me and what happends. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

over a year ago

"Thankyou for all the comments and advice!

TheJudge has agreed to it and its now in place for a year, however-i have to go back on Monday where he will have the chnace to give his side. I didnt think he would have the chance or oppotunity to contest it, but im now worried as to what will happen monday, and if he could make the judge believe him over me and what happends. Any ideas?

Thanks guys! "

Dont worry..my ex did this. The judge paid no attention him. But whatever you do don't agree to have the non mol changed to an undertaking like I did, as then the police can't arrest him if he breaks the order and its a nightmare to get it back in court quickly and you have to go through the whole process again to get a new non molestation order x

over a year ago

Thanks guys!

Dont worry..my ex did this. The judge paid no attention him. But whatever you do don't agree to have the non mol changed to an undertaking like I did, as then the police can't arrest him if he breaks the order and its a nightmare to get it back in court quickly and you have to go through the whole process again to get a new non molestation order x"

The judge said im in danger both physically and mentally if hes around me or allowed comtact with me and thats why shes made it in force straight away, just worried what hel do when he gets told about it. It wont let me message you hun, could you send me a message so i can ask some questions hun? Xx

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Thanks guys!

Dont worry..my ex did this. The judge paid no attention him. But whatever you do don't agree to have the non mol changed to an undertaking like I did, as then the police can't arrest him if he breaks the order and its a nightmare to get it back in court quickly and you have to go through the whole process again to get a new non molestation order x

The judge said im in danger both physically and mentally if hes around me or allowed comtact with me and thats why shes made it in force straight away, just worried what hel do when he gets told about it. It wont let me message you hun, could you send me a message so i can ask some questions hun? Xx"

If he does ANYTHING - you pick the phone up and call the police. STRAIGHT AWAY!! 999.

Don't hesitate. Call them

That's what they're there for.

And as hard as it will be, try not to worry as I'm sure Monday is just a formality. I can't see the judge changing her mind.

Chin up

over a year ago

Thanks guys! "

I'm surprised your barrister didn't tell you there would be another hearing as that's the norm.

Your ex has the right to defend himself and to answer every allegation made.

The judge will listen to both sides and if they feel the injunction should stand then an order will be made basically saying the order made today will continue.

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Fingers crossed Monday is a formality. No-one should live in fear x

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"just looked at your profile and all I can say is wow with a body like yours and them boobs your ex must be mad .very best of luck in court .

"

People are more than just their body and boobs

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

mine didnt stop..my advice is move away, don't tell anyone where you go and defo dont put name on the birth certificate..it wont stop until they are 16 else..yes ive been through this, not it wasn't nice, yes he used the kids for years and watch out for fathers for justice..

and peoplke who dont agree with me, i really dont care, so no good you putting your two pennyworth in, cos i lived it..

take very good care of yourself and very very good luck my lovely xx

over a year ago

Some Very brave women on here..sad that my so called mankind do this...??

over a year ago

I know you're at court tomorrow so it's probably a bit late for you but for anybody else go the NCDV.org.uk website, they can get you an I junction within 24 hours and in most cases there's no cost to the applicant, they can get you a non molestation order, occupation order (as in property and who lives there) or a prohibitive steps order in relation to kids. They are fantastic, they also provide a Mckensie friend to attend court with you if need be. Their number is 0800 970 2070. It really is a simple process. Good luck.

over a year ago

"Some Very brave women on here..sad that my so called mankind do this...??"
there are abused men too.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"Some Very brave women on here..sad that my so called mankind do this...?? there are abused men too. "
there are,,however i am not abusive and neither i doubt is the op who is 7/8 months pregnant..so....separate and irrelevant topic for this thread imo..

over a year ago

"Some Very brave women on here..sad that my so called mankind do this...?? there are abused men too. "

There are mate but very very few in reality, the vast majority of domestic abuse victims are women. But don't digress from the OP's thread which is about her own situation

over a year ago

"Some Very brave women on here..sad that my so called mankind do this...?? there are abused men too. there are,,however i am not abusive and neither i doubt is the op who is 7/8 months pregnant..so....separate and irrelevant topic for this thread imo.. "
not really. People were commenting on a variety of subjects related to domestic violence... and a comment prompted my response..

Luckily these days its much easier to get legal help although I dont think its lost the stigma attached...

OP... hope you got the result you wanted and need... life does get easier ... and brighter.

over a year ago

I have sent you a PM

By *all and ChainWoman
over a year ago

Truro

Yes, but who wants a sympathy / white knight fuck from a creature with a penis...

Hear it every day round here, picture in the paper of some girls who has stabbed someone or set fire to their car, and all you hear is "she's cute, I'd date her.."

Post new Message to Thread