Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Condoms

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok I was at a club the other week and got talking about condoms. At the time I was using some skin ones. As I found them to be ok for me. I did offer one to a guy that was playing as he didnt have one. That's a separate issue. What I found strange was he didn't want one of mine as it was a skin brand one and said they where shit? I now use Lelo Hex and absolutely adore them. What I am getting at are they really much of a difference between certain brands?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I used skin a few times loved them, problem is that durex have the monopoly on that market it can be hard to find somewhere that sells skin or any other brand for that matter

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/09/16 02:19:22]

By *lwaysup4it69Couple
over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Can't help here as we don't use the them

over a year ago

"I used skin a few times loved them, problem is that durex have the monopoly on that market it can be hard to find somewhere that sells skin or any other brand for that matter"

Morrisons......durex, skyns, mates......

over a year ago

"I used skin a few times loved them, problem is that durex have the monopoly on that market it can be hard to find somewhere that sells skin or any other brand for that matter"

Asda, sainsburys, tesco...

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Boots - my local clinic give skyns if you tell them you are latex allergic....

over a year ago

Personally I love skins. They seem to fit me better and I lose less feeling then I do with other brands. Plus the non latex is a big benefit!

over a year ago

Can't say I 'love' using them as nothing can compare no matter what anyone tells you...However I now only use skins as they are less an obstacle compared to anything I've used. I have had given free to if you say you're latex allergic.Im always interested in a better more feel condom so will look out for those Helo ones. Thanks mate.

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Can't say I 'love' using them as nothing can compare no matter what anyone tells you...However I now only use skins as they are less an obstacle compared to anything I've used. I have had given free to if you say you're latex allergic.Im always interested in a better more feel condom so will look out for those Helo ones. Thanks mate."

I've tried those and can say from a lady perspective (well, mine anyway) I preferred the Skyns slightly.....

over a year ago

"Ok I was at a club the other week and got talking about condoms. At the time I was using some skin ones. As I found them to be ok for me. I did offer one to a guy that was playing as he didnt have one. That's a separate issue. What I found strange was he didn't want one of mine as it was a skin brand one and said they where shit? I now use Lelo Hex and absolutely adore them. What I am getting at are they really much of a difference between certain brands?"

Are skins non latex? I'm sure I read somewhere that non latex don't protect against sti's, or not as well as latex. Obviously I can't find what I read now maybe someone else has more info?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Ok I was at a club the other week and got talking about condoms. At the time I was using some skin ones. As I found them to be ok for me. I did offer one to a guy that was playing as he didnt have one. That's a separate issue. What I found strange was he didn't want one of mine as it was a skin brand one and said they where shit? I now use Lelo Hex and absolutely adore them. What I am getting at are they really much of a difference between certain brands?

Are skins non latex? I'm sure I read somewhere that non latex don't protect against sti's, or not as well as latex. Obviously I can't find what I read now maybe someone else has more info?"

I don't know I thought they were latex unless they do latex free ones as well. I would have thought that they would protect you to a point as not all condoms are 100 percent as accidents do happen.

over a year ago

"Ok I was at a club the other week and got talking about condoms. At the time I was using some skin ones. As I found them to be ok for me. I did offer one to a guy that was playing as he didnt have one. That's a separate issue. What I found strange was he didn't want one of mine as it was a skin brand one and said they where shit? I now use Lelo Hex and absolutely adore them. What I am getting at are they really much of a difference between certain brands?

what's the % difference in protection against sti's then....ur more % chance of catching it through a bj or even multiple group bjs that difference between latex and non latex I'd say....so its quite inconsequential.

Are skins non latex? I'm sure I read somewhere that non latex don't protect against sti's, or not as well as latex. Obviously I can't find what I read now maybe someone else has more info?"

over a year ago

There are differences between the brands.... and Durex has a monopoly on the market in the U.K. for sure.

I use Skyns latex free and find them - for me - to be the best latex free ones available.

I have used regular latex condoms when my own have dropped from pocket or been misplaced somehow and that's all that have been available (clubs I've gone to only seem to sell latex) but I usually end up suffering the next day as a result lol

Essentially he condom market is the same as any other product.... a burger in MacDonald's or a burger from Burget King is what it is... a burger in a bun... but they are slightly different and some people will prefer one over the other.

over a year ago

"Are skins non latex? I'm sure I read somewhere that non latex don't protect against sti's, or not as well as latex. Obviously I can't find what I read now maybe someone else has more info?"

News to me....

I would suggest that's probably an urban myth / old wives tale.

But then again always worth a quick bit of research to be sure

over a year ago

As someone who has a mild latex allergy skyns are the best I've found. I can use other condoms but I'm red raw for days afterwards.

And to the above skyns latex free protect you as much as any other condom, infact I've never had a skyns break on me

By *orders2forUCouple
over a year ago

Hawick

Unique are a very good non latex product reasonably priced and available on line.

L2

By *umpleteazerWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I have a severe latex allergy so have to use skyns. Most partners have told me they prefer them and would use them from then on. I have also had no breakages so far and they don't leave that horrible taste on a cock once you have taken it off that latex ones do

over a year ago

"I used skin a few times loved them, problem is that durex have the monopoly on that market it can be hard to find somewhere that sells skin or any other brand for that matter

Morrisons......durex, skyns, mates...... "

nearest morrisons is half hour on the bus, and in an area befitting a demilitarized zone

over a year ago

"I used skin a few times loved them, problem is that durex have the monopoly on that market it can be hard to find somewhere that sells skin or any other brand for that matter

Asda, sainsburys, tesco..."

I work for one of these companies everyone there knows i'm single, I start buying from there I will get overloaded with prying questions, they are relentless

By *rs DCouple
over a year ago

far

"Ok I was at a club the other week and got talking about condoms. At the time I was using some skin ones. As I found them to be ok for me. I did offer one to a guy that was playing as he didnt have one. That's a separate issue. What I found strange was he didn't want one of mine as it was a skin brand one and said they where shit? I now use Lelo Hex and absolutely adore them. What I am getting at are they really much of a difference between certain brands?"
lube your bum hole bend over and see for yourself hehe

over a year ago

Skins ans skyns are two separate brands... skins are not latex free.. skyns are...

Ive never been told that latex free protect less

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

Skins or skyns?

I used to use Skyns but stopped as I had one break. Around the same time two regular partners said they had experienced similar issues.

I use Durex or Mates now.

over a year ago

"Skins or skyns?

I used to use Skyns but stopped as I had one break. Around the same time two regular partners said they had experienced similar issues.

I use Durex or Mates now. "

i only use skyns and have done so for the last couple of years... never had one break...I insist guys use mine

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"

Maybe you have them confused with Lambskin condoms, they don't offer protection from STIs. They are non latex as they are made from a lambs intestines.

By *rbane PlayerMan
over a year ago

London

"Personally I love skins. They seem to fit me better and I lose less feeling then I do with other brands. Plus the non latex is a big benefit!"

By *ed LipstickWoman
over a year ago

Fucksville

"I have a severe latex allergy so have to use skyns. Most partners have told me they prefer them and would use them from then on. I have also had no breakages so far and they don't leave that horrible taste on a cock once you have taken it off that latex ones do"

I agree x

over a year ago

I don't have a latex allergy but I have found when I cum I've git to whip the condom off very quickly and get washed up or I go very red and itchy for a few days after.

Anyone else have this problem if so any condom recommendations

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Skyns and Durex Real Feel are both latex free.

They seem to give a better feel to me. Also very important is they have much less of the rubbery smell.

Both are in any largish supermarket.

Mr B

over a year ago

I am sensitive to latex, and prolonged use of latex condoms and it takes me a good month to recover. So Skyns only for me. And what a difference! Never had one break, but I've had a few fall off inside.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Asda, sainsburys, tesco... I work for one of these companies everyone there knows i'm single, I start buying from there I will get overloaded with prying questions, they are relentless"

Order online

over a year ago

Asda, sainsburys, tesco... I work for one of these companies everyone there knows i'm single, I start buying from there I will get overloaded with prying questions, they are relentless

Order online"

got some now

By *manda63Woman
over a year ago

Southampton

Boots. I had to buy some once as he was allergic, then he decided to quit seeing me and had a whole box of skyns, which weren't cheap either. Lesson learned, they need latex free, they can buy them. Thank God I've got a decent man now with no latex allergy

By *ncutgemMan
over a year ago

Bath ish

I always use rubber well no latex usually

but yes there is a huge difference. Glad to know hex is so good saw them and thought to try but they only cum in dozens and pricy. fancy lending me one ?

seriously there is a huge difference some like the new super thin ones are impossible to unroll some are way tooo thick but all are tooo short and im only 8 inches

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

Skyns for me. Have never had an issue with them.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 24/09/16 10:50:16]

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

I had a funny slightly embarrassing incident buying Skyns.

I went in my local Asda to buy just them. I paid at the self service checkout and headed out of the shop.

As I left, it set the alarms off and I was collared by the security guy. I got them out of the bag and showed him the receipt.

They must be tagged, as fairly pricey for a small item.

Mr B

By *rbane PlayerMan
over a year ago

London

I have skyns to be the best condoms I have ever used. Strong but sensitive.

By *manda63Woman
over a year ago

Southampton

"I had a funny slightly embarrassing incident buying Skyns.

I went in my local Asda to buy just them. I paid at the self service checkout and headed out of the shop.

As I left, it set the alarms off and I was collared by the security guy. I got them out of the bag and showed him the receipt.

They must be tagged, as fairly pricey for a small item.

Mr B

"

£10 for ones I bought

Post new Message to Thread