Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Not actually a meet but...

Jump to newest

By *opsy Rogers OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

Now I've retired, I've given up my car as I don't need it any more. Bit of a bummer because Libs is only a 20 minute drive away with no public transport links.

What are your thoughts on advertising for just a lift there and back? I'd really love to go the weekend of the 30th but I don't want anyone to think I'd give more than petrol money, nor would I'd expect them to entertain me all night.

Your thoughts please.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orks funMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

wouldn't it be easier to go by taxi ?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I think its perfectly fine. Just say split costs and its just a lift you require.

over a year ago

London

"wouldn't it be easier to go by taxi ?"

Far too expensive.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

I dont see anything wrong with it .

Miss

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

give it ago and see...if you don't ask, you don't get

over a year ago

Tell people you are willing to give petrol money, but no, your not willing to play with them just for the trip

over a year ago

London

"give it ago and see...if you don't ask, you don't get "

I tell my grandchildren that all the time!

By *GHertsCouple
over a year ago

North Herts

For the 30th at least I think there's an event on at Libs for which a list of attendees is published in the Club Ads section of the forums.

May be worth a polite message to people on that list to see if they can help? Would think a couple (as in two people going together not two names on the list!! ) attending might be open to the idea and not have any expectations necessarily about playing either.

Only problem I could see is if they were ready to leave and you weren't.

Mr G

over a year ago

Nice idea fabfabcar! Go for it mate! Once someone told ne if I pay the fuel ,we could go to his! I didn't ask but I suppose then he could drop me me back to mine!Different situation but I said no thankyou!

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Now I've retired, I've given up my car as I don't need it any more. Bit of a bummer because Libs is only a 20 minute drive away with no public transport links.

What are your thoughts on advertising for just a lift there and back? I'd really love to go the weekend of the 30th but I don't want anyone to think I'd give more than petrol money, nor would I'd expect them to entertain me all night.

Your thoughts please.

"

. It seems quite a reasonable request as you are offering to share petrol costs . There has to be an element of trust though as someone could take you there and maybe leave early and you would be stranded . This scenario is unlikely but it might be best to have a back up plan just in case .

over a year ago

95% of guys that give a woman a lift to an event expect sex, from said woman......that's my experience anyway, and if you are enjoying yourself and playing with others, expect to be left behind, and stranded, God that sounds so negative, but seen it happen too much.

over a year ago

London

" 95% of guys that give a woman a lift to an event expect sex, from said woman......that's my experience anyway, and if you are enjoying yourself and playing with others, expect to be left behind, and stranded, God that sounds so negative, but seen it happen too much. "

Oh that has crossed my mind more than once. I'm hoping I may find a couple or a single man with more class than that but yeah, I'm prepared to be stranded.

over a year ago

just offer petrol money no more - make it clear and maybe a woman will take you - less pressure maybe

over a year ago

" 95% of guys that give a woman a lift to an event expect sex, from said woman......that's my experience anyway, and if you are enjoying yourself and playing with others, expect to be left behind, and stranded, God that sounds so negative, but seen it happen too much.

Oh that has crossed my mind more than once. I'm hoping I may find a couple or a single man with more class than that but yeah, I'm prepared to be stranded. "

Always have plan B and C if things go tits up

over a year ago

From what l have heard unless you know the people well it can be tricky. Putting aside the person wanting to play with you, as pointed out leaving times become tricky. You are satisfied and want to go home, they have just started. It is closing time and they are invited to an afterparty in the opposite direction to your house. You or they have an emergemcy at home and have to leave early.

As pointed out you need to be able to ensure you can get home safely under your own steam in all circumstances.

over a year ago

Any decent person on here wouldn't expect anything in return - maybe go for a couple as they are less likely to try and molest you

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"From what l have heard unless you know the people well it can be tricky. Putting aside the person wanting to play with you, as pointed out leaving times become tricky. You are satisfied and want to go home, they have just started. It is closing time and they are invited to an afterparty in the opposite direction to your house. You or they have an emergemcy at home and have to leave early.

As pointed out you need to be able to ensure you can get home safely under your own steam in all circumstances. "

Pretty much this, and the expecting a shag even though you gave them petrol money bit.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

" 95% of guys that give a woman a lift to an event expect sex, from said woman......that's my experience anyway, and if you are enjoying yourself and playing with others, expect to be left behind, and stranded, God that sounds so negative, but seen it happen too much.

Oh that has crossed my mind more than once. I'm hoping I may find a couple or a single man with more class than that but yeah, I'm prepared to be stranded. "

if they have lockers share a locker and put yoirself in charge of the key

over a year ago

London

Oh that has crossed my mind more than once. I'm hoping I may find a couple or a single man with more class than that but yeah, I'm prepared to be stranded. if they have lockers share a locker and put yoirself in charge of the key"

Bloody brilliant idea, thanks Diamond.

Post new Message to Thread